[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are pirates /k/? If so Pirate thread. Including both historical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: header[1].jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
48KB, 460x215px
Are pirates /k/? If so Pirate thread. Including both historical and modern pirates, their use in wars, and what weapons they use
>>
File: 1494455751630.jpg (48KB, 387x479px) Image search: [Google]
1494455751630.jpg
48KB, 387x479px
>>
Carrying 4+ guns was actually viable for pirates so yeah I guess they're pretty /k/
>>
>Sid Meier's Pirates
Holy shit that takes me back. Loved the shit out of that game as a kid, never could find all the members of the family though.
>>
>>34075318
Yea but half of the time they wouldn't fire
>>
>>34075432
that's why you have 4
>>
>>34075364
You fucking casual, all you need to do is figure out how to track raymondo fast and find treasure with incomplete maps and it takes no time at all.
>>
>>34075432
>half the time
That still leaves 2 functional guns.

We just have to up our numbers. A man wearing 14 matchlock pistols is roughly as dangerous as a man carrying one 1911 with one magazine.
>>
>>34075770
>black powder with no sights vs fuddy five
>>
What good pirate video games are there?
>>
>>34076086
Blackwake is pretty good.
>>
>>34076086
It's a seriously untapped genre, I want a pirate era RPG with a variety of professions; pirate, privateer, trader, etc. Also a need to buy (or steal) provisions like food and fresh water.
>>
>>34076086
Believe it or not Pirates of the Caribbean made in 2003. It got crap reviews but when I played it the naval battles were just so good.
>>
some of the assassins creed pirate reviews were basically these stupid assassinations were getting in teh way of piracy fun.
>>
>>34076138
i rp'd in that game so hard one night i lost my voice.

Windward is a pretty nice game too and it's on humblebundle for a 1 dollar
>>
>>34076086
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

The ship to ship combat system is actually pretty good, along with all the sea shanties you can collect and general open world feel.
>>
>>34076517
I remember having that game I had no idea how to do jack shit in it except kill other pirate ships
I played that game a lot.
>>
So is the dutch cutlass the best one for the money?
>>
>watching black sails
They use muskets way more than I expected
>>
>>34076581
Black Flag was fun until I had my ship fully upgraded, the only challenges left were the legendary ships.
>>
>watch pirate show
>now want cutlass, 2 flint lock pistols, and a flint lock long gun
>>
>>34077299
considering much of naval combat is ranged combat: duh?
>>
>>34077406
>shooting a fucking musket to hit another boat
>>
>>34077406
He was probably expecting more choreographed sword fighting.
>>
>>34077489
Yes. You have a chance to hit a sailor or a cannoneer as well as cause chaos and morale damage on the opposing ship.
>>
>>34076086
Sid Meier's Pirates (OP's pic) was actually pretty good.

I'd say Black Flag is better, but when Sid Meier's Pirates came out, it was the best pirate game around (not that there was that much competition).
>>
File: 1164679431271.jpg (64KB, 395x600px) Image search: [Google]
1164679431271.jpg
64KB, 395x600px
>>34075318
Also it was an age where shooting one handed was the correct method and thus, made them much cooler in modern media.
>>
>>34078068
Were pirate still around when revolvers existed?
>>
>>34078440
I looked through my /k/ related folder for a solid 10 minutes for a pirate shooting a pistol one handed. Instead of googling for one, I just went with the closest thing related.
>>
>>34077489
>what are buccaneers
>what is naval infantry
Both pirates and legit navies had people trained to shoot the fuck out of the other ship's officers, cannoneers, assorted sailors and bits of the ship
>>
>>34076086
Pirates of the caribbean online. Its an disney mmorpg pirate game, idk if you would like it. It shut down some time back but theres a remake being made. Im looking to the release of it for sure.
>>
>>34076086
Just take all my (you)s.
>>
>Video games have been a thing since like 50 years
>only 3 good pirate games ever
>>
>>34077382
Debating whether to buy a repro brown bess /charleville/ baker rifle or an AR now desu. On the one hand practicality, on he other fun times with black powder.
>>
>>34080779
Yea I want to show up to the next /k/ meet with a cutlass, 2 flint lock pistols, and a brown bess
>>
Why is Calico Jack the best pirate?
>>
>>
>>34075318
black beard carried eight
>>
>>34078440
the golden age of piracy was past but yes..they were around.
>>
File: shot and ball.jpg (62KB, 583x308px) Image search: [Google]
shot and ball.jpg
62KB, 583x308px
>>34080917

be sure to load your bess with the 18th century version of rhodesian buckshot
>>
>>34082464
muh buck and ball
>>
Too bad someone can't make eva but with pirates
>>
>>34076086
I remember this one old game I played a lot on Wild Tangent. I think it was called Tradewinds. You built a fleet and would trade, smuggle, and battle other fleets. It was turn based, but pretty fun. I wish I could find a way to play it again.
>>
>>34084518
Wow, all three are on steam for five dollarydoos, I'm getting that.
>>
>>34076517
Hell yes. Especially with some mod some guys made (1.13 mod or something I think?). Shit became awesome with great naval battles and an open world a la Sid Meiers Pirates.

>>34076598
>>34077683
>Black Flag

Never thought I could be that bored by a pirate game. If you look past the pretty graphics its just one big unchallenging grind.
>>
>>34084560
You gotta admit tho, climbing up the masts to burn the enemy ship flag or going up against the "legendary" ships was pretty interesting, if only just to see the awesome view from above or seeing the huge size difference between your ship and the legendary ones. Other than that tho, fuck the "tail" or eavesdrop missions.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.