[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if, instead of the PPs-43, the AK was adopted at the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
What if, instead of the PPs-43, the AK was adopted at the same time, and served in WWII? How would that have affected the Soviet advance towards Berlin?
>>
>>34072360
It would have gone slightly faster, but not a whole lot.
/thread
>>
>>34072360
If it was only given to certain units like the PPs-43 they might do marginally better but ultimately it would effect very little.

If it was given to absolutely everyone in the army the K:D rate would probably be a little less abysmal for the soviets, but still it wouldn't change the overall outcome too drastically.
>>
>>34072360
It would've helped. Hitler probably would've rolled the strumgewher out earlier.

>>34072373
>/Thread-ing your own post
Jesus Christ I don't want to hate you tripfags but you make it so hard.
>>
>>34072407
>Hitler probably would've rolled the strumgewher out earlier.
he want to arm his troop with semi automatic 7.92x57 rifle with optic, not the MKb.44 though

if he had enough raw material at that time, you would saw more FG-42 and G.43
>>
>>34072472
Great point. I forgot just how scarce resources were for the Germans after a few years, You think if the soviets had the AK you could have seen some semi-auto rifles made like those nigga-rigged volksstrum weapons they made near the end of the war?
>>
>>34072360
They would have immediately ran out of ammo and begged FDR to produce more for them. FDR being a commmunist Jew would have and America would have most likely ended up with a 7.62x39mm rifle before they could have invented the 5.56. The AR-15 would never have existed.
>>
File: 006.jpg (705KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
705KB, 2048x1536px
>>34072598
yeah, if the Soviet had AK at that time, maybe fighting in the eastern front was not that intense like in RL, the US could just sit back in European theater and focus more on the Pacific theater

Hitler could arm German with semi automatic 7.92x57 and use just 7.92x33 as carbine and PDW
>>
>Ruskies with AKs in ww2
stop. my penis can only get so erect
>>
File: 1481091431532.jpg (182KB, 768x909px) Image search: [Google]
1481091431532.jpg
182KB, 768x909px
Better question

How much different would the Eastern Front play out of MkB-42's became the standard issue firearm of the Germans during the battle of Stalingrad, replacing everything outside of the MG-34/42 basically.
(Yes, I know that pic related is an StG-44, I don't have any MkB-42 pics on hand)
>>
>>34073452
that could require Hitler to became a military genius, which could turn the tire of war completely

they would be still out gun buy Soviet artillery

and the Stalingrad battle was already beyond saving at that time
>>
>>34073504
Let's assume they managed to slip it under Hitlers nose, or one of Hitlers sexiest generals pulled a "pls baby," but otherwise everything else was the same.

Also, don't get me wrong, I know infantry doesn't win wars and they'd still ultimately lose in the end, I'm just wonder if the tide of the war would have gone in a different direction, the k:d rate, the overall effect on the Soviet Union, and how much longer the Germans could have fended off the clean up crews after everything was bombed to shit.
>>
>>34072388
Artillery and tanks made the real difference in most wars except for vietnam, being able to shoot a bit more with your rifle doesnt usually change the tide
>>
>>34074032
>except for vietnam

i only agree with the tank part but
north Viet Nam Artillery was kick ass every where in the war
>>
>>34073567

It wouldn't make much of a difference.

Stalingrad wasn't a problem of "maybe if we had space lasers and orbital ion cannons we could have wiped out the soviets".

It had many problems: overconfidence on the competence in weaker nations armies(Bulgaria was the one defending the flank in Staligrand If I remember it right), overstretchment of forces that made a breakthrough imposible, a failure in creating an efficient air bridge and inability to achieve air supremacy.
>>
>>34073452
What a great picture. It really does scream:
"Call der füher, I don't give a fuck."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.