[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nofuns here /k/. I need to ask a question. I often hear you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: sig550.jpg (10KB, 344x147px) Image search: [Google]
sig550.jpg
10KB, 344x147px
Nofuns here /k/.
I need to ask a question.
I often hear you guys on here talking about how the SA80 is shit and how the FAMAS is also overrated. Now I'm not here to argue, but I want to know why in each case.
Bumping with the sexiest gun to be chambered in 5.56x45
>>
>>34071748
The sa80 is shit because of its heritage, it came from the AR18 which was designed like an AR15 but out of lower quality material and less quality control than a regular AR. Think folded sheet metal versus milled steel. The AR18 was pretty much a commercial failure but its original purpose was to sell to poor nations who couldn't afford standard AR/M16s. The British took it and made it into a bullpup, which usually means poor handling and weight problems when you just turn a standard rifle into a bullpup but a problem with almost all bullpups is a creepy as fuck trigger.
>>
>>34071782
I see, thanks for clarifying.
I suppose that is what is wrong with the FAMAS too right? What do you mean exactly by creepy trigger?
>>
File: IMG_1417.jpg (27KB, 740x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1417.jpg
27KB, 740x280px
>>34071782
And when finally put into production quality was a major problem that the a1 is supposed to fix but the a3 is supposed to do even better.

>only good thing about the L85 is the bayonet
>>
File: IMG_1418.jpg (101KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1418.jpg
101KB, 800x590px
>>34071787
The trigger on a rifle, I think, should be crisp and snap when you pull it. It should surprise you when the gun does go off. A bullpup trigger isn't usually connected to the hammer or anything it's usually just pulling a long wire that drops the hammer. Instead of the simple >pull trigger>drop hammer>fire its >pull trigger>pull wire>pull second wire> drop hammer>fire
>>
>>34071782
>The sa80 is shit because of its heritage, it came from the AR18 which was designed like an AR15 but out of lower quality material and less quality control than a regular AR.
What a crock of shit. AR18s have little in common with AR15s mechanically, were made to be cheaper due to stampings rather than "lower quality materials" and are absolutely fine guns that failed commercially due to entering the market too late. The onus of the SA80 being shit is entirely on RSAF and their thatcher-era institutional incompetence.
>>
>>34071814
Ok, that explains a lot, yes it sounds like shite.
>>
>>34071828
I'm aware of the mechanical difference but I didn't think it necessary to explain the very minute details with a nogun, just figured it'd be easier the relate it to something he probably has heard of
>>
>>34071844
Thats how fuddlore starts.
>>
>>34071852
Oops
>>34071840
Just buy an Enfield if you can get the license for it, an Ishapore one of you can find it
>>
>>34071861
No such license exists where I live.
I think hunting shotguns are the only thing a civilian can have but the stuff they put you through to get it is not worth the money for me.
>>
>>34071918
Shit sorry man
>>
>>34071944
Meh, /k/ helps entertain me.
>>
>>34071828
Didn't help that the armory guys got wind of their impending mass dismissal and went out of their way to assemble the like shit. Hammering in screws and shit.
>>
FAMAS was overrated iirc due to an inability to use standard NATO ammo. Essentially it would mangle brass casings, which fucks the extraction process.

france solved this by buying steel case ammo from I think China. Later versions of the FAMAS may have fixed the problem, idk though.
>>
>>34071918
And where is that?
>>
>>34071748
because the original SA80's were shit, the A1's were one of the worst standard issue rifles ever fielded with cheap plastic furniture and fragile parts the broke all the time.

A2's got better, but even then the A1's were so shit that they couldn't shake the reputation.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.