[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Foreign Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: AFP_Getty-512347371.jpg (338KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
AFP_Getty-512347371.jpg
338KB, 1200x798px
Hey guys, planning to try my luck and test my mettle by joining the FFL.

Anyone here have any experience, tips or info for someone who is relatively new to military life?
>>
Just join your country's army, you'll have less of a needlessly hard time.
>>
>>34071233
if you think you'll be used as cannon fodder you'll be disappointed cause spoilers
you wont
also it's not as needlessly hard as it was in the past
>>
>>34071233
>military life
All of training is more or less a game. Nobody really expects you to do infinity plus one push ups, they just want to see you keep struggling and try to reach that number. If they bitch you out for stopping it's not because they elected more from you, it's because they want to see what you do when you're tired out and broke. Pro tip, the correct answer is that you keep driving your body to the breaking point, eventually they'll get bored and move on to somebody weaker.
>>
>>34071233
Good luck with that. Even the ffl can be selective as hell these days. Learn french now. You will be competing against plenty of Africans that are fluent. You will also be competing with honorably discharged combat vets with impecable service records from third world shit holes. Getting accepted is not as easy as showing up anymore.
>>
>>34071233
pfft, you might as well don't bother
its not only extremely hard get into ffl but a huge waste of time as well

there is only 1 reason joining ffl - you want french citizenship
>>
>>34071473
Do NOT learn French. At all. If you go in knowing French they're harder on you, and will put you in "command" of other noobs who do NOT know French. While you may see this as a plus, their fuckups are now your fuckups because YOU relayed the orders. Just remain speaking English as normal, you'll learn just enough French to follow orders and that's good enough.
>>
>>34071233
Don't. For a start they're very picky and you'll serve along kebab, nogs and slavs doing it for a passport.
>>
>>34071473
Yup, I heard that too. Even several years ago there were like ten applicants for every open position. There are plenty of videos on youtube about the training and your duty stations, they are some of the worst shitholes in the world.
I have just finished reading "In the Foreign Legion" by Erwin Rosen (available on gutenberg.org, free e-book). He joined the Legion in 1902 or so, absolutely miserable shit experience all the way through. Pay back then was five centimes a day - just enough to buy a liter bottle of red wine or two on Sundays. A more modern and very good to read book is "Legionnaire" by Simon Murry, from around the 1960s IIRC. But of course that is mostly obsolete too nowadays.
>>
>>34071233
How many people on /k/ have joined the fucking ffl? I see this thread every single goddamn day.
>>
File: 1493161186076.jpg (62KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493161186076.jpg
62KB, 720x960px
Does anyone have insight into joining the russian army? Apparently it's open to anyone who can reasonably speak the language. 5 year contract, possibility for citizenship in 3. Heard bad things about conscripts hazing each other to the point of about 100 deaths per year tho...
>>
>>34075374
I heard if you are a Russian citizen you can get something like 100 square kilometers of land in Siberia for free if you want to move there.
>>
>>34075068
At least 3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.