[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0008.jpg (83KB, 604x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
83KB, 604x591px
Starting a gun range in the Midwest. Already have a solid business plan and EPA environmental sustainability plan. All my partners and I need now is the funding. If anyone here can offer any advice/input on running a range/what you guys would like to have access to I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone wants to invest that'd be tits.
>>
>>34070716
any of you vets/minorities/disabled/vet or some combination of the four? programs out there to help you start a business. if none of you fall into those categories, THEN LIE!
>>
File: 1491878905208.jpg (38KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491878905208.jpg
38KB, 1024x1024px
>>34070716
on sight ccw classes every weekend hell id be willing to do them to
>>
>>34070716

Membership plans if you don't have them already.
>>
>>34070726
Yeah both partners are vets, one disabled
>>
>>34070727
Already in the plan bud. Individual and group rates.
>>
>>34070736
Trying to avoid required membership because every other outdoor range in the state forces them but we will have a vouluntary membership program
>>
>>34070753
well i do know in ohio a paid membership range lets you dodge a fuck ton of insurance requirements
>>
>>34070716
Location?
>>
>>34070762
It's something to look at more. We got quoted $5,000/yr by NRA insurance
>>34070779
Colorado
>>
>>34070741
>Yeah both partners are vets, one disabled
set the disabled one up as the CEO/president/owner and claime disabled veteran business owned
>>
File: contemplativejazz.gif (891KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
contemplativejazz.gif
891KB, 500x418px
>>34070791
>Colorado
>Midwest
>>
>>34070762
Im in ohio. I didnt know this
>>
File: 3998813_orig.jpg (37KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
3998813_orig.jpg
37KB, 500x377px
>>34070791
And just like that my hopes we're crushed. Good luck op
>>
>>34070716

I would like to see a range with steel targets set up. Like you just walk up to the range and there are a menagerie of steel plates and flippers and things all set up like what Hickok45 has on his property. I just bring my gun, put ammo into it and go "ting ting ting ting" until I am out of ammo. You could work on precision shooting, pretending you are a 1337 three gun shooter or just fuck around for a bit. Obviously steel ain't free so maybe just have a handgun range with that set up so you don't wear the steel out too quickly.

Maybe like a three gun inspired course. It doesn't have to change particularly often, and can literally be a linear course. Just start here, shoot these three steel targets move on shoot those ones etc. Just something fun and dynamic, even a slow walk is dynamic. Anything but "one shot every ten seconds. If the range goes cold you have to literally disassemble you firearm and lock the firing pin up in a safe thirty miles away until the range goes hot again. Wouldn't want anyone dangerously reloading a magazine while ol' fudds checks to make sure his Rem700 is zeroed"

A big field for clay shooting. The shooters bring their own clays and launchers. You just provide the field and don't have an RO climbing into their ass every three seconds. Clay shooting is pretty fun TBQH.

Rent guns. That's always fun. But please don't be a huge faggot. I've seen places where it's like 10-20 bucks to just rent the gun. What the fuck? Or if you do rent guns have a "full day pass" or something. Literally pay you money and I get to shoot any of your guns. Of course I buy the ammo. If someone buys a gun from you their rentals for the day are free, or something.

For the love of God, don't be a gigantic faggot, let people pick up their own brass. No, it isn't yours.
>>
>>34070753

That's what I mean, voluntary.

Voluntary membership with decent perks.
>>
>>34070810
ya state will require heavier insurance if its a free public range
>>34070791
thats actually not bad for insurance just double check state requirements of financial responsibility
>>
>>34070813

They charge like that because gun inventory is limited. IMO, you should combine time.

All the places near me have an hourly rate, and then a fee to rent the gun. It should just be a fee to rent the gun because you're taking up a lane no matter what. Set a limit of the number of people at a lane, that's fine and makes sense.

This lets you charge by the hour, technically, and keeps people from just wanting to rent a shitload of guns all willy-nilly. They still have to pay for the rental. Bundle it into an hourly fee if they rent more than one gun or some shit so people can't just hoard several rentals for hours and hours.
>>
>>34070791
>Colorado
>midwest
senpai are you high?
>>
>>34070716
>piglet not carrying the pig

god fucking dammit
>>
File: really.png (626KB, 987x676px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
626KB, 987x676px
>>34070791
>Colorado being the midwest

Why do you do this to me, OP
>>
Thanks for all the input and responses guys, taking notes

As far as Range setup goes we are planning on 3 1000m lanes, 20 500 and 20 300, 25-30 50m, 2 50x50 and 3 25x50m 3 walled pits

No imventory for sales yet to keep starting costs low

Rentals might start at $15-20/visit to pay off the funs and improve/expand inventory

Sorry about the "Midwest" blunder. My partner punched me for that one, I'm a Georgia boy and get confused past the Mississippi but he's a Colorado native.

He holds 70% as the disabled vet but we've talked about giving a percentage of the company to a high level investor.

Keep the input coming and ask anything you want to know. If this thread does I'll probably start another.
>>
>>34070813
They charge that much because think of how long it takes to clean the gun, and what wage you are paying the person to clean it. If you're paying a lackee 10 bucks an hour to clean the guns, you gotta charge 10+ per rental.
>>
>>34071096
What % of your business are you looking to give to investors, and for how much?
>>
>>34071116
>implying range rentals get cleaned more than once every 30,000 rounds.
I've seen rental guns do some of the silliest shit. Don't even work there. Just frequent a very popular indoor range with a good rental slection. I once had an FTE where the case ended up back inside the magazine.
>>
>>34071125
Right now it's all fairly negotiable but our last pitch had 10% for a $100,000 investment
>>34071134
Both of us come from military backgrounds and cleaning weapons is cathartic for us. They'll be cleaned weekly/biweekly depending on frequency rented
>>
File: IMG_2167.jpg (1MB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2167.jpg
1MB, 1910x1000px
>>34071169
So you are putting your company value at one million with no sales. I'm out. Also something to think about is span of control for your range officers from a liabilty insurance type standpoint. That many lanes you described in your last post may not be doable when you start up.
>>
>>34072901
That's what our startup costs are and that's what I think sacrificing shares of something I've built is worth. Thanks for thinking about it.
>>
>>34070716

lots of classes will draw people

membership for reduced fees

you need more than just a range, also need to sell guns

but most important make sure there are no other gun ranges within ? 25 miles or so or you will never make $$

spend much time visiting gun shops & ranges

keeping the shop clean is very important

keeping the range from getting shot up is important but not possible so plan on spending mucho maintenance $$$

going into indoor range with beatup eqip is kind of scary

ventilation is expensive ditto backstops
>>
>>34070741
They can get VA loans to start a business.
>>
>>34072968
Good luck to you. Only other thing is maybe add in a sporting clay course. It would add variety and bring in a different set of shooters. Might be able to get some tax relief under some sort of agricultural umbrella.
>>
>>34073342
The only problem with any sort of shotgun event is lead cleanup/reclamation. Also, the few other outdoor ranges have a heavy shotgun/trap/clays emphasis
>>
>>34073100
Can you give me any more info on this? I've tried looking them up but I see caps at like $50,000 and that puts a dent but isn't close enough to how much we actually need. Also, what do you guys think of crowdfunding as an option?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.