[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honor is moronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: Muffled I'm busy.png (678KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
Muffled I'm busy.png
678KB, 850x464px
Is there anything more idiotic than morons waxing about muh honor on the battlefield? There is nothing moral about killing, there is no glory and there is no honor, only killing, that's it and that's the way it should be. No treating the enemy with kindness, no letting combatants go, just straight up kill them. But no muh honor fags still persist. If anything these fags prolong the war, by letting up on the enemy. For god's sake /k/ tell me you agree?
>>
>>34067873

Fuck off Spergo
>>
>>34067873
Alright, hope you like being torched by flamethrowers and melted by chemical gas.
Honor is what seperates us from the barbaric hordes. Without it we revert back to pure animalistic, emotional thinking like your rage filled rant.
Theres a time and place for honor though.
Anyway, have fun getting your shit pushed in when you refuse to fight respectfully and get your tactics turned on your whiny ass.
>>
>>34067873
Please provide specific modern examples.
>>
>>34067909
>>34067911
>muh honor fags

You guys would willingly prolong a war, if it meant showing off to people on how much of a nancy you are. The objective of war is to force your will upon the enemy, until the submit. You don't do that playing nicely. Hell, it's this playing nice thing that has the mid east wars, prolonging for such a time.
>>
>>34067926
Fritz Stigler, a Luftwaffe pilot lets an American B-17 go because of muh honor. Should have shot him down, one less B-17 to worry about. On the flip, the yanks should have shot down the fritz when he flew in so close.
>>
>>34067873
>not treating your enemy with respect
Edgy.
>>
>>34067943
One b-17 is irrelevant in war and it had less to do with honor and more to do with the sheer impression he got from seeing the battle damaged B-17
>>
>>34067873
I dont know how to respond to this. Honor is dumb, yeah! Here's a (you)
>>
>>34067911
The use of flame throwers and chemical weapons had jack shit to do with honor. They were banned because they caused 'needless suffering' and resulted in slow horrific deaths
>>
>>34067963
Okay, and? Still should have shot it down instead of letting enemy combatants go.
>>
>>34067958
Have fun prolonging the war.
>>
>>34067978
So? Still kills the enemy, and if anything it consumes their rescources in trying to heal the wounded.
>>
>>34067873
Truly spoken like someone who's never been on the business end of a rifle, let alone a well deserved ass beating.
>>
>>34067978
Flame throwers aren't banned. Chems are banned because dressing for that shit is incredibly annoying and neither side wants to fight a whole war in MOPP 4. Casualties from chems wouldn't be huge with prepared troops but heat stroke sucks.
>>
>>34067935
If they believe you will not be merciful they will fight to the last man, inflicting huge losses on you, and may even win.
If they believe you will be merciful, you are giving them a way out, and they will be more inclined to do so.
Go be a degenerate fanatic somewhere else.
>>
>>34067873
Autism? On my /k/?
I don't believe it...
>>
>>34067873

no

dumb animals cannot have any no honor, they are just dumb animals
>>
>>34067982
Yes, and he even recognized it.

Still it made enough of an impression that he let them go.
>>
>>34067873
I think you should be honorable when it is convenient or useful, but otherwise I agree.
>>
>>34068029
Flamethrowers are banned for combat use, you can use them to burn marijuana plants or whatever though.
>>
>>34068008
Yeah... when the public saw photos of what chemical weapons did to people along with videos during and after ww1 both entente and central power agreed to the ban because no one wanted to get gas to death. I'd rather get shot and bleed out or killed by a bomb than get hit by nerve gas and spas on the ground till death. Or get my flesh melted of by oil and fire
>>
>>34068008
Bullets kill the enemy too. Perhaps you should die in a fire or choke on some mustard gas so you can understand why they were banned.
>>
>>34067873
The problem with not respecting your enemies and not acting with morals, is that they will not do the same to you. Which results in extreme fuckery if you get captured. That said, if they enemy doesn't respect it, then why should you?

If you want an example, look at POW treatment of both sides in the European campaign of WW2 vs the Pacific campaign.
>>
>>34067978
... do you not really see how fucking "needless suffering" and "honor" are linked?
Jesus Christ this thread is full of edgy teenagers. Finals that tough on you fags?
>>
>>34067990
Have fun being hanged for war crimes or just plain ol' vengeance when your ass gets blitzkrieged by geurrillas.
>>
>>34068095
>>34068108
Once again muh honour and weak civilians getting in the way of victory. If it kills the enemy, use it. Too bad people seeing those photos where not inclined to never fight a war again.
>>
>>34068155
>weak civilian
Pot calling the kettle black. You speak like an armchair warrior that has never seen combat.
>>
>>34067873
What animu?
>>
>>34067978
Chem and biological weapons are banned because of its truly discriminatory ability to kill. Just like cluster bombs are banned (by most countries) because they tend to create a lot of UXO that kills indiscriminately.
>>
>>34068037
This post outlines why there are valid military reasons for mercy in war.

In a SHTF situation however, operating outside of organized military structure, it is my opinion that empathy can get you killed and in any encounter the person with the most empathy will lose. For example are you going to share your limited food supplies with anyone who comes along in need? What if it's a woman with young children begging you to save them? There was a good example of this in that shitty zombie movie(which I can't remember the name of) that had sonny puzikas and james yeager in it. Bad guys leave a mentally impaired woman in the middle of the road, good guys stop to help, bad guys ambush.

So there are situations where honor or empathy or whatever you want to call it CAN be a liability but I don't think military action in war is one of those situations.
>>
>>34067978
They just weren't effective enough
>>
>>34068177
Memories
>>
>>34068204
So zombie-tier bullshit.
Good to know this thread is just teenagers jerking each other off still.
>>
>>34068228
It's summer now, the kids are out of school.
>>
>>34068172
You speak like someone that doesn't want to win a war.
>>
>>34067873
Sure, but people thinking there's anything honorable about state sanctioned mass murder on an industrial scale are pretty delusional.

Mercy only works if your enemy perceives it as such and not weakness on your part. Which is what the dirt squirrels think.
>>
File: 1494899103920.jpg (344KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
1494899103920.jpg
344KB, 1400x933px
>>34067873
Honor bound societies are the predecessor of dignity societies. Honor is about reputation; it's about not fucking with the rules. Dignity societies essentially outsourced their honor to outside arbitrators; it's about settling things in court and even if a wrongful judgment is reached they respect it, because dignity and law and stuff. Nowadays we live in the victim based society and the strongest communities are the oppressed; not only do they not have to defend their honor or reputation, but they don't even have the dignity of accepting the law. They are the opposite of an honor society; those who break/fall short of the rules are "honored" in victim based society.
>>
>>34068132
Except that they ARE'NT fucking linked. Honor is the quality of knowing doing what is morally right.

If a soldier hits 3 enemy soldiers with a flamethrower and lets them slowly burn to death, that's causing needless suffering. He could've thrown a grenade and killed 3 of them instantly since he has to clear them out anyway.

If a soldier tells his enemies if they surrender they'll be spared but once the enemy comes out with their hands up and he shoots them anyway that's dishonor and immoral.
>>
Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one.
>>
>Is there anything more idiotic than morons waxing about muh honor on the battlefield?
Yes. You.
>>
>>34068228
You're a moron if you can't see the value in considering the impact of morality on survival situations. Look at fucking Venezuela right now or living in New Orleans right after Katrina, or all the yankee assholes fighting over gas when that hurricane hit the NE a few years ago.
>>
>>34068289
Like the Brit who could have killed Washington and the other Brit who could have killed Hitler. How would the world have turned out differently?
>>
>>34067873
>Is there anything more idiotic than morons waxing about muh honor on the battlefield?

Nope.
>>
>>34068289
>What is fair treatment of POWs

You're a fucking idiot lol
>>
Violence and conflict is the ultimate law of nature.
To comply with this law and prosper is the highest achievement man can aspire to. Glory is derived from conquest of the weak.

Conquer or be conquered, OP.
>>
File: 1489761971743.jpg (72KB, 704x340px) Image search: [Google]
1489761971743.jpg
72KB, 704x340px
>>34068346
>>
>>34067873
This website is GAY
>>
>>34068374
He's right you know.
>>
>>34067873
Treating the enemy with honor and respect lowers your own losses.

Look at the difference between the Eastern and Western fronts in WWII. In the West if you were captured you had an extremely good chance of surviving, even if you were wounded you could expect medical treatment. In the East the majority of PoWs on both sides died.

You don't follow the laws and customs of war for the sake of your opponents well being, you follow them so your opponent will too.
>>
>>34068429
>you follow them so your opponent will too
That and because if the country you're fighting again'st breaks international law you can use that as leverage to get other countries on your side and demonize your enemy
>>
File: Greatest Citizen.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest Citizen.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>34068037
>To a surrounded enemy, you must leave a way of escape

your point is only valid in one way; when an enemy does not follow the laws of war then you should not act within the laws of war towards them.

Take ISIS/the Talaban/Whatever
>murder surrendered uniformed combatants
>nonuniformed combatants
>IEDs
>hiding behind civilians and using hostages and children to deliver bombs or set ambushes
summary execution of captured fanatics
scorched earth of enemy held positions. If civilian casualties do not dissuade attack, then it makes no sense to waste resources creating a civilian "shield" to take advantage of western mercy.
Soviet Style Helicopter Kill squads
reprisal attacks against supportive civilian infrastructure for every truck of peace and tolerance/manchester nail bomb claimed by ISIS

they do not follow the established rules of warfare that allow warfare to be civilized yet enjoy the protections of such. That will not change
>>
ITT: autistic faggots argue with adults posting on a Chinese hentai posting cave wall
>>
>>34067982
as you said
>attacks them
>gets his ass shot down by the bristling machineguns of a battered but airworthy B17 who have the same idea of being fatalistic
there was no strategic gain by shooting down one damaged B17 or killing it's crew at the potential expense of your own plane and vice versa
>>
>>34068300
Its not immoral to shoot subhumans though.
>>
File: IMG_4209.gif (2MB, 366x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4209.gif
2MB, 366x300px
>>34068726
Have we come full circle
>>
>>34067873
I'm afraid you're the moron. You sound like a nerd fantasizing about taking down the bullies with his katana.

Wars only stop when one side has had enough and concedes defeat. Showing clemency makes surrendering a more palatable option to your enemy, Julius Caesar weaponized it during the Great Roman Civil War to great effect.

Honor works best when it is reciprocated, the no quarters given or taken approach is the weak man's strategy, it's psychological warfare for when you have nothing else going for you. That can work too but it is a risky strategy, Vlad the Impaler made it work but many more lost everything going this route.
>>
File: 1491794431396.jpg (23KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1491794431396.jpg
23KB, 720x405px
>>34067873
Honor is literally the source of conflict. From the old texts such as Code of Hammurabi, Talmund, lastly words Lex Talionis of all state that an action has consequence and therefore an equal punishment. That is where honor is formed in the first place with the principle of equal punishment, including death. However honor itself has manifested to a degree in which grudges become principle beyond to the old saying "eye for an eye", in which the most major of atrocities on human culture is the result of the ever evolving ultimate definition of revenge; is to erase from existence.

So you are the moron thinking that honor is dumb, when it is the source of all the things you want to do to your enemy.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 625x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 625x419px
>>34067873
Being a white night is one thing but honor means something to people.
>>
>>34067873
It's a white male thing, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>34067873
>year of our lord 2000+17
>not having honour

it's what stops small scale conflicts becoming flashpoints for total war, thus ensuring conflicts between civilized nations don't lead to mass destruction

could you imagine if the cold was was fought between india and pakistan, or the falklands war was between two african countries

many battles in asia and the west were decided by small, largely ceremonial skirmishes
today border clashes and air strikes stop land invasions and carpet bombing
>>
Well I'd say you're right in some ways and wrong in others. Say the enemy is surely a threat then yes, kill them dead and keep on trucking. Say the enemy is wounded but surely a threat, make them more deader and keep on trucking. Say the enemy is wounded, is scared, is possibly or probably dying and is no longer a threat than no, you don't necessarily have to kill them right then and there but it could be merciful. Say you've successfully captured the enemy and they are no longer an immediate threat, you should not kill them because they could be valuable. I can agree there is no honor in killing, it should be a necessity and only that. I will say that there is honor in summoning your own bravery to meet the enemy in combat if your cause is truly righteous.

In some cases the men or women on the business end of your weapon are merely there due to the misguided leadership of their political system or religious group. In some cases they would be happy to just drop their weapons and walk away. Sure, that 12yo ISIS LEET OPER8TOR is a deadly threat and you're going to ventilate him before he perforates you but that doesn't change the fact he's just a kid brainwashed by his elders. The circumstances of the situation are intricate and yes a threat must but eliminated but you can appreciate that the enemy is still human right? Have you no humanity OP?
>>
>>34067873
Refusing human beings simple human rights makes you lesser than human.
Get out, Sherman.
>>
>>34067958
Why even fight anymore? I see stuff like this and I'm confused as to when they realized the guy giving him a light is probably just like him. Sent off away from his slampiece or family for some BS that was avoidable and could be stopped at any time.
>>
>>34067873
> hurr durr just win da war any way possible, people dont matter, laws and conventions of war dont matter, the public and their opinion dont matter, only victory matters

So you would just straight up nuke everybody and get nuked to armageddon because 'muh ultimate victory?'.

Fucking summerfags, honestly.
>>
>>34067873
Honor has more to do with warfare than just treating the enemy humanely.
>>
>>34068204
I think the film you're thinking about is Daylight's End.
>>
>>34068333
>non-officer POWs

Why?
>>
>>34067873
>Honor
FOY
>>
>>34072403
politics m8
that and the fact that deserting will ruin your fucking life
>>
Honorable warfare is only a thing between westernized socities, for whom war is just another kind of business dealing
>>
>>34067978
>Ban weapon because it creates unnecessary suffering
>Not an example of wartime honor
WHAT DO YOU THINK HONOR IS
>>
>>34067935
>nancy
Britbong detected. Your dumbass opinions are invalid. Kick out your muslim problem then we can talk.
>>
It is with war that man has learned the truly despicable parts of man and makes himself above animals by fighting in other ways and only when necessary. Now tell me, are you human or are you animal? Does your war seek a means or is it mere animalry? War isnt just conflict retard, it's political, and when things are political the entire context changes and the implications are vast, too vast for your tiny "MUH WAR" brain you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>34067873
You watch too many movies.
>>
>>34075671
Usual Amerifag ignorance on display.
Top stuff!
>>
>>34075642
Its banned because a bunch of panseys signed the geneva convention. None of this honor ahit you n harp on about. You know the japanese preached MUH HONOR when they raped women across asia hows that for hinor faggot?

Muslim women get killed for MUH HONOR because they get raped or wernt covered or some shit. Hows that for fucking honor.

Go back to your fucking cartoons. Concepts such as honor are for kids who havnt grown up yet.
>>
File: 1439220937053.jpg (44KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
1439220937053.jpg
44KB, 550x404px
>>34076254
>Concepts such as honor are for kids who havnt grown up yet.
>>
>>34068279
>doing what is morally right
>"needless suffering"

Still can't see it?
>>
>>34067982
>being this angsty
Men like you truly have no HONOR
>>
>>34067943
War is not mass murder. It's the controlled application of violence to force your enemy to give up ground and accede to your political will.

Killing enemy soldiers who are defeated ad unable to fight back is just stupid.
>>
>>34076490
>>34076483
>>34076363
>>34076254
>>34075642
>>
File: 1495058605733.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1495058605733.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>34076612
Outstanding argument anon
You out did yourself this time
>>
>>34076627
I try my best!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02g4-XT_VU
>>
>>34067873
I think we should treat the enemy like they treat us. If they treat us well we should treat them the same. However, those goatfucking ragheads kill our civilians, women and children. We should not give a fuck about their civilians either. If a town is harboring terrorists, we should just level the whole damn thing.
>>
File: 1495650151621.jpg (137KB, 2000x861px) Image search: [Google]
1495650151621.jpg
137KB, 2000x861px
>>34076725
damn right anon!
>>
>>34076763
>Taking the advice of a man who murdered millions who did as little as stop clapping first and retarded the development of the Soviet Union with his"Five-year plans"
>>
>>34067873

No, I'm not some edgelord devoid of empathy who thinks total war is the only valid kind of warfare.
>>
>>34077034
Pretty much is if you want to win.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.