[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock triggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (632KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
632KB, 3000x2000px
I have a Zev Race Connector V4 which seems to smooth out the pull some but doesn't really lighten it. I have some Wolff springs on the way and I'm thinking about picking up a Ghost Evo connector. What kind of setups are you guys running?

I'm staying away from complete drop ins due to cost and the apparent risk of accidental discharges.
>>
File: Ed4nAVS.jpg (91KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
Ed4nAVS.jpg
91KB, 520x345px
>apparent risk of accidental discharges.
>>
>>34067580
Future Glawk owner, what makes complete drop-ins likely to result in ADs?
>>
>>34067690
They don't.
>>
NY1 with OEM minus

Pull is about 6lbs, but very DAO revolver which for me is a good thing. One of my favorite pistol trigger resets too with the NY1 olive spring.
>>
It won't let me post the link to a Zev in a G19 failing a drop test.

>>34067690
I think it's because some of them prematurely depress the safety plunger
>>
I use the factory minus connector and shoot the shit out of it. After a few thousand rounds (or dry firing) it will be light, but not too light, and still have a very strong and positive reset.
>>
you could also get a gun that doesn't have such a shit trigger out of the box.
>>
>>34067580
>glock perfection
>>
File: IMG_0293.jpg (1004KB, 2973x2216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.jpg
1004KB, 2973x2216px
I just installed a NY1 Olive trigger spring and a Glock brand 3.5 lb connector. I fucking love it. I'm a somewhat new gun owner and it feels exactly like how I imagined a trigger to feel before I started shooting. None of this pre travel garbage that the original glock trigger had. It allows me to focus on my sights while I'm practicing my trigger pull and the reset is much nicer.
>>
>>34067756
>>34067774
I have plenty of other guns with nicer triggers that cost over a grand that I don't shoot as well as my G19.
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (141KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
141KB, 1080x1440px
>>34067580
I just installed an NY2 trigger spring to go with my dot connector, G17 Gen4 trigger assembly, and 25ยข trigger job.
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm pleased with the feel of it in dry-fire.
The reset is very assertive, and the pull is heavy, smooth, and even, like a DA revolver.
Also, it's a great training aid: since the pull is eight times heavier than the gun, any deficiencies in your trigger control will become very obvious and force you to do something about them.
>>
>6lbs trigger is not light enough

Glock fags will do anything to improve their shooting.
>>
>>34067737
Yep, Glock 20SF owner here trigger softens up after 1000+ rounds.
>>
>>34067720
>It won't let me post the link to a Zev in a G19 failing a drop test.
Replace the punctuation marks with words, e.g.,
https colon slash slash slashdot dot org
>>
>>34068674
>he said, 5 minutes after a maniac who put a 12 lb trigger in his gun on purpose
>>
I just bought a G17 trigger for my G19 because I hate the import required serrations. I'm planning on getting a minus connector and doing the 25 cent trigger job as well.

I'm waiting on my slide to come back from RMR cutting and the KKM+comp to come in for my Roland Special.
>>
>>34067720
>I think it's because some of them prematurely depress the safety plunger
So, if you drop the gun on the ground while keeping the trigger halfway pressed it might go off?
>>
>>34068602
>NY trigger
>Let's make our police as inaccurate as possible when they mag dump into a crowd.
God I hate NY city; bunch of leftist totalitarian, "can't have a big cup", corrupt pieces of shit.
>>
>>34069800
>bought a G17 trigger for my G19 because I hate the import required serrations
You won't regret it; it's a huge improvement.
I can't imagine how fucked the pad of my trigger finger would be by now if I hadn't swapped in a 17 trigger practically as soon as I got my 19.
>>
>>34069882
I've actually had my skin visibly shredded and sore a few times. I'm really into ricing my glock out now, albeit trying to be tasteful and sticking to OEM as much as I can.

I'm also getting some weak/erratic extraction even with the new 30274 ejector on my 2014 manufacture gen 4 G19. Out of 200 rounds on my last range trip I had one or two BTF and two rounds that stovepiped while feeding the next one. I'm actually thinking of getting the APEX extractor after seeing some nice videos about it. Anyone else do something like that?
>>
>>34069862
I can totally see how cops who aren't "gun guys" would have trouble with it, but if you've got the upper body strength and pistol fundamentals to manage it, the NY's pull characteristics are much better than the stock S-spring's; it's much more consistent through the entire length of travel, with no stacking to a wall at the end to throw you off.
In general I recommend that everyone at least give the NY1 a shot; it's $2, trivial to install, and only slightly heavier than stock.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/421099/
>>
>>34069973
>trying to be tasteful and sticking to OEM as much as I can
That's the best way to do it, for sure.
>>
>>34068123
Good for you faggot.
>>
>>34067580

Just have a Ghost 3.5 connector in my carry gun, everything else is stock.
>>
File: 7872.gif (2MB, 299x348px) Image search: [Google]
7872.gif
2MB, 299x348px
I've learned more in this thread [on Glocks] than I have in all my time on /k/
>>
>>34070172
that's a cute pupper
>>
>>34069836
how the fuck would a gun fall with your finger still halfway pressing the trigger
>>
File: recipe-roland-special-glock-19.jpg (153KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
recipe-roland-special-glock-19.jpg
153KB, 1000x667px
I'm going to try pic related out. I'm not going to get any retarded stippling or extra slide serrations, though. Specifically I'm going to try out the new trigger and plunger safety springs. I want to see how they feel vs stock and do my own drop safety testing. I'm pretty happy with the standard slide catch but I will see how the Vickers one is.

While I was also visiting lone wolf I picked up one of their brand LCI extractors. Apparently it's exactly the same as a Glock one just made to more exact standards. I'll see if that helps my trash extraction/ejection because it isn't anything too radical, plus it's cheaper than the Apex one for now. And with >>34070003 said the NY1 is a $2 spring so I will try it out as well just for fun.
>>
>>34070755
Oh yeah and I'm skipping the grip plug and beavertail.
>>
>>34070755
Does the LW extractor have a tiny furry engraved on it?
>>
File: 1469893737286.jpg (63KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
1469893737286.jpg
63KB, 817x857px
Friendly reminder that if you are messing around with your trigger and still have stock sights on your Glock, you're doing it fucking wrong.

You will never shoot faster than you can pick up the sights. I can shoot better than all you fucks and I have a bone stock Gen 4 with Ameriglos on them.
>>
>>34072830
>not glorious Trijicon HD master race
That said, I think someone with a trigger that they manage well and stock sights (maybe with some orange nail polish on the front blade) would probably outshoot someone with great sights but poor trigger control.
Incessant dry-fire practice has done way more for my shoooting than installing better sights did.
>>
>>34073148
>Trijicon HD master race

I don't like my rear sights doubling as a kitchen knife. The added cost of rear tritium lamps is somethin I don't like as well. Absolutely agree on dryfire, it's something that is painfully neglected here on /k/ and most people will benefit from doing it at least two hours a week.
>>
>>34072801
No.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155971
>>
>>34070755
>I'm pretty happy with the standard slide catch but I will see how the Vickers one is.
The Glock OEM extendo slide release is great and costs half as much.
>>
>>34072830

That's nice, now go write your blog else where, faggot.
>>
>>34070103
What's the notional benefit of the Ghost unit over the OEM 3.5 lb connector?
>>
I just installed the overwatch precision tac trigger and I'm extremely pleased with it. I hate that squirt gun trigger that glocks have but love everything else about it.

Haven't shot it live but dry fired a lot. Pretty much no pre-travel, and the reset is strong and prominent. It feels more like an ar trigger if anything. The break is pretty crisp too and the weight feels good, not too heavy and not too light (for my liking)

Can't wait to actually get to fire the damn thing!
>>
day 2 of dry-firing the NY2 and I'm already kinda wishing they made an NY3 that weighed like 15lbs
>>
>>34067580
I went through 2 Zev triggers drop in kits, and to be honest, they were both shit, in terms of both feel and operation. They're certainly not worth the ludicrous amount that you spend and I wouldn't trust my life to them. As far as the risk for accidental discharge, that just comes from adjusting the pre-travel so much that the trigger bar depresses the safety plunger early, like you said. However, that's user error, not so much a flaw with the trigger itself. That being said, I've had other issues and safety concerns relating to them.

Currently what I'm running is Ghost Pro 3.3 complete kit (comes with a few striker springs, a trigger spring, and a safety plunger spring, along with the connector of course), along with a Gen 3 smooth-faced trigger bar in my Gen 4 G19. I'm VERY happy with the setup. Along with lightening up the trigger pull (along with the springs) and smoothing things out, the Pro 3.3 is pretty unique in that it gives you a rolling break rather than the "glass rod" (or, in a stock Glock's case, more of a steel rod) feel. You may or may not like that, but I've personally found that it lets me keep my sights rock-steady during the trigger pull. If you're not a fan of that style of break, then they have plenty of other offerings for you. Other than that, you can also adjust for overtravel (no pre-travel, though, but again that's where you run into problems with ADs), but you'll need to file down a little trigger-bar stop on the connector. You can also do the ".25 cent trigger job" if you want, or just shoot a ton to smooth everything out. Anyway, I highly recommend this setup. It's certainly less expensive than shit like Zev, and is way nicer in my experience.
>>
>>34067580
Learn to shoot better.
>>
File: glawk.jpg (211KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
glawk.jpg
211KB, 960x960px
>>34075594
I've been shooting one for a while; probably have about 600 rounds through it so far. I really, really like it, but I like the Apex M&P triggers more. I've got an Apex Glock connector coming tomorrow that I'm gonna install to see if I can get a lower break weight without losing the crispness of the stock connector.
>>
>>34073650
honestly kinda disappointing
>>
>>34077603
>.25 cent
oy vey what a bargain
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.