[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Crow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: The Crow.png (174KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Crow.png
174KB, 640x480px
It took some time to figure out what had happened, but according to The Telegraph, both the dummy bullets and the blanks used on the production “had hastily been fabricated by taking out the gunpowder from real bullets because of the time pressure crew members were under.” The lead tip of the dummy bullet became lodged in the barrel of the gun and, “pushed out by the blank charge, scratched the bottom of the shopping bag before perforating Lee’s navel, and managed to puncture the stem of the aorta where it branches to provide blood supply to the to the legs.”

That doesn't sound plausible at all. What do you think happened here /k/?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/74690/18-fascinating-facts-about-crow
>>
What's so hard to believe about a barrel obstruction being cleared by a blank?...
>>
>>34067335
>That doesn't sound plausible at all.

Yes it does.
>>
Even blanks have been fatal. Shot placement really is king.
>>
>>34067421
>Even blanks have been fatal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum
>>
>>34067335
He was assassinated by old Chinese gangs that his father was affiliated with.
>>
"The lead tip of the dummy bullet became lodged in the barrel"

How?
>>
>>34067472
Ever hear of a squib round?
>>
>>34067519

Ever get a squib from unloading a revolver?
>>
>>34067472

The bullet got stuck in the barrel, dummy.

>>34067528

What does this even mean? Squibs have nothing to do with unloading anything.
>>
>>34067528
>>34067472
>the film's prop crew, hampered by time constraints, created their own dummy bullets by pulling the bullets from live rounds, dumping the powder charge then reinserting the bullets without removing the live primer

so the primer was just enough to drive the bullet into the rifling of pistol and whoever was handling the props didn't realize what had happened/didn't realize the bullet was missing
>>
>>34067553
They loaded the gun for the close up shot with "dummy rounds" unloaded it, then loaded in the blanks and somehow got a squib? It must have been an ammo mix up.
>>
>>34067528
I have not, no.

From what I can recall, the "dummies" made by pulling the slug, dumping the powder, and then reloading the slug (ostensibly for a scene that included seeing the tips of the bullets in the cylinder) were still live because they didn't take out the primer.

Somehow, the trigger was pulled (for film reasons) and the primer dislodged the bullet and squibbed it. Later, when the blank was fired, the barrel obstruction was cleared.
>>
>>34067585

No, they fired the gun earlier in the day, which is when the squib happened. When they fired it again later during filming, the squib was shot out of the barrel.

Maybe you should try finding a source that actually describes what happened. Then you'd be a lot less confused.
>>
>>34067335
There's literally nothing wrong with that explanation and you guys are retarded.

The "dummy rounds" they used probably had a shitty crimp, upon unloading the gun, one of the bullets presumably jumped the crimp and either completely got stuck in the barrel or broke into pieces by the cylinder being forced open.

They didn't notice this, loaded a blank, and cleared the obstruction just like shooting a normal bullet, killing him.

If the rounds are cast lead it makes more sense but its still entirely plausible with an FMJ
>>
File: M64-3right.jpg~original.jpg (110KB, 800x483px) Image search: [Google]
M64-3right.jpg~original.jpg
110KB, 800x483px
>>34067335
That's exactly what happened.

>lax safety on set because the on set armorer was absent and the crew did firearms handling without him
>dummy rounds made from real ones by dumping the powder only
>someone fooled around with the gun on set and fired one of the powderless cartridges
>primer has enough force to dislodge bullet from case and launch it into the barrel (where it sticks)
>blanks are loaded and fired
>powder charge in blank projects bullet
>basically a normal live gunshot happens

It's entirely plausible at every point, go and try it out at a gun range with a .38 revolver, handload one cartridge of .38 Special without powder, fire it, then you unload the gun and look into the barrel with a light, there's the bullet.

Then load the gun with a crimped .38 blank and fire it, the blank will fire off the bullet in the bore. It might have subpar accuracy, maybe less pressure, but it could certainly kill a person.
>>
>>34067861
Great advice.
>>
>>34067861
They fucking killed him, too many accidents in hollyweird
>>
>>34067925
What do you think will fucking happen if a blank is fired with a bore obstruction in a revolver? At the very worst possible, the bullet won't budge and all the pressure blasts out the gap.

>>34067965
Yeah and the moon landing doesn't real.
>>
>>34067575
This. A primer can propel a bullet enough into the barrel to lodge there.
>>
>>34068036
So blanks are the best way to remove squibs?
>>
>>34067455
This
>>
>>34068114
NO. A monolithic cleaning rod is best for clearing squibs.
>>
>>34068114
what the fuck is this post
>>
>>34067335
Props dept cut corners
Made their own dummy rounds for close-up shots
Left in the primers
One round got fired off
Bullet stuck in chamber (Called a squib, look it up)
Real blanks were inserted for action shots
Blank was fired
Bullet was fired out of gun

Not that hard to understand.

The things I don't understand (I live not far from where it happened, so I've looked into it).

He was shot in the abdomen. Completely survivable shot
He died after 6 hours of surgery.
His body was sent from New Hanover Memorial Hospital to Onslow Memorial Hospital for the autopsy. Onslow is a vastly inferior hospital compared to New Hanover.
It happened on April 1st
>>
>>34068532
Probably a dude with squibs, blanks, and no cleaning rods.
>>
>>34068114
No, it's just that a squib can be propelled with a blank.
>>
>>34068849
*Bullet stuck in barrel
>>
>>34067450
>born in Englewood, New Jersey
of fucking course
>>
>>34068849
>He was shot in the abdomen. Completely survivable shot
It's also absolutely possible to die pretty fast too.
Keep in mind that he was wearing a blood bag and was supposed to fall down and bleed as part of the scene, nobody suspected anything was wrong for a while and realized he was shot.

Also, just because handguns are mediocre at killing and often take a moment, doesn't mean that sometimes they can't work fast, plenty of people have been gunned down quite successfully with various small caliber handguns.

>He died after 6 hours of surgery.
That can also happen. Maybe the bullet injured his spine and perhaps impaired his breathing or something, making it difficult to keep him alive? I'm no doctor though, so what I'm suggesting could be totally impossible for all I know.

>His body was sent from New Hanover Memorial Hospital to Onslow Memorial Hospital for the autopsy. Onslow is a vastly inferior hospital compared to New Hanover.
Couldn't give you any suggestions on that, maybe they figured he was already dead so an autopsy is an autopsy?

>It happened on April 1st
Plenty of horrible things happen on April 1st without there being any particular plot or conspiracy behind it.

>Are you sure someone actually attempted to rob/rape/murder you? It is April 1st after all.
I mean think about how that would sound.
>>
>>34068849
You think they left all the makeup on him for the whole ordeal? lol
>>
>>34067450
>With his mother's permission, his body was flown to San Francisco on life support, where his heart was transplanted into a 36-year-old Las Vegas man at California Pacific Medical Center.[7] Hexum's kidneys and corneas were also donated: One cornea went to a 66-year-old man with cataracts, the other to a young girl. One of the kidney recipients was a critically ill five-year-old boy, and the other was a 43-year-old grandmother of three who had waited eight years for a kidney. Skin that was donated was used to treat a 3½-year-old boy with third degree burns.[8]
Well at least there's that. Judging by his physique those organs should all have been in pretty good condition and benefited the recipients well.
>>
>>34068937
.44 Mag
Small caliber?
>>
>>34068966
It's possible they never got around to cleaning that off during surgery, yeah. Might be a bit surreal to deal with as a surgeon.
>>
>>34068966
They were filming a scene where he hadn't become the crow yet
Ironically it was the character's death scene.
>>
>>34068983
Wasn't Brandon shot with a .38?
At any rate, a .44 would penetrate a lot deeper, I could totally see it reaching the spine.
>>
>>34069025
It was a 6 inch barrel s&w 629, a 44 magnum.
>>
>>34069079
I could see someone bleeding out pretty fast from a shot from that.
>>
>>34068849
The autopsy is carried out in any accidental death in NC. But it must be done by an official medical examiner of the state.

It is conceivable that they wantef the autopsy done asap, and Jacksonville had an ME available.

Plus it isnt a bad idea to have the autopsy at a neutral facility. When medical some one dies in the table after 6 hr in surgury malpractice is a question.
>>
As a dweeb that grew up watching this movie, I look up/read about this once every few years. The only consistent part of the story is a squib was lodged in the barrel and a blank made it function. Been a lot of rumors about when and how it happened aside from that. Pretty damn sad really>>34067335
>That doesn't sound plausible at all.
A few actors have been killed by blanks, a real bullet involved it isn't very implausible. Blanks are not too much different from the real thing.
>>
>>34067575
Why did they have any bullets at all in any shells? So that they could film someone loading a magazine or something?
Fucking huuuuuge safety issue of control killed a guy. 100% preventable.
>>
>>34070124
The scene called for a view towards the shooter.
They wanted the bullets visible int he chambers of the revolver to emphasize the threat.
>>
>>34070124
They decided it would be worth the time savings to just improvise dummy rounds from real ones.

Because of infamous incidents like these, sloppy shit like this is not allowed on movie sets these days, both insurance companies and the studios themselves require much more stringent safety (and typically the rental houses and armorers themselves as well)

Like they would never allow shit like that these days, and live firearms are not allowed to be handled without the presence of the movie armorer.
>>
>>34068849
>He was shot in the abdomen

His abdominal aorta was opened by the bullet.
Basically if that's opened you will bleed out in no time flat. It feeds all the blood to your legs straight from your heart.
It's deep inside your body, basically in 'front' of your spine.
Getting to it, clamping, and repairing damage is a bitch.
>>
>>34070190
Oh yeah, that's gotta be like being shot in the thigh, NOT fun times.
>>
File: 1486923903692.jpg (30KB, 426x571px) Image search: [Google]
1486923903692.jpg
30KB, 426x571px
>>34067965
>They fucking killed him, too many accidents in hollyweird
Let's recap:

>It's an entire industry dedicated to filming adults playing pretend
>these same adults do this professionally, as in, they usually have absolutely no other skills
>they're exposed to things that, sometimes, are quite dangerous
>their job requires essentially a team of individuals moving them around like they're wild animals and handling all the necessities of these dangerous things
>this industry is also infamous for flaky assholes who do a pisspoor job
>the industry is essentially a long shitshow of improvisation and they only deliver a product by the skin of their teeth and/or cunthairs
>meanwhile the big players, the actors, directors, and so on, are notoriously impulsive and histrionic
>budget constraints often have these same people in the production process
>by the way OSHA barely applies because the industry doesn't want their incredibly dangerous habits shut down
>oh, and drugs and alcohol are freely available because somebody, inevitably, knows somebody
>unstable adult children playing pretend are given firearms unsupervised in a drug-fueled, seat of the pants environment

Gee, I wonder why they're accident prone.
>>
>>34070201
Only worse, because the femoral artery is fed from the abdominal aorta.
>>
>>34067335
after reading this thread, holy fuck, people are unsafe as hell. even the people in charge of firearms handling. i do not like this one bit

this doesnt help my trust issues
>>
File: 1433948642328.jpg (45KB, 549x188px) Image search: [Google]
1433948642328.jpg
45KB, 549x188px
>>34067335
Exactly what they said. Do you really expect idiots on a set in hollywood to know to take the primers out too and then check the barrel before blank time?
>>
>>34071229
The individual who handled the guns for safety inspections, Went home because it was the end of the filming day. The idiot director decided to do more filming. And the guy who than was handling the firearms had zero safety training.
>>
>>34069019
Are you sure? I thought it was at the scene where he's walking on the table near the end.
>>
>>34071312
He is correct, there is a vid on YouTube, a fairly recent one with the guy who played funboy explaining what happened.
>>
>>34071322
Aye, I never knew it was Micheal that did it.
I wonder how much of the film is the double.

Fun fact: reading through the remake's history on Wikipedia is like reading a thriller novella.
I actually yelled when I read Nicholas Holt was slated to play Eric.
>>
>>34071322
Couldn't be too recent, Michael Massee, the guy who played funboy, died of cancer in October of last year.

If you have it though, I'd appreciate a link to that interview.
>>
>>34071388
Ugh, this movie DOES NOT need a remake.
When will these faggot studios leave shit alone.
>>
>>34071412
Never. They will not leave well enough alone and create new shit, because they know the old one made money and the new one most likely should.
>>
>>34071442
Well I don't go see remakes and if enough people did we would get them to stop because there would be no money in it.
>>
>>34071400
https://youtu.be/AdwenRvCKmQ

>>34071412
Well, considering it's a comic book I'd like to see more than the shitty three sequels we got..
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.