[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you personally draw the line on hunting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9

File: eric.jpg (129KB, 750x1126px) Image search: [Google]
eric.jpg
129KB, 750x1126px
>only for food and/or survival, or in self defense
>against all forms of trophy hunting, believe it's disrespectful to mount heads of animals
>only animal I'd ever preemptively shoot for defense is a bear because they are so hard to stop in a charge

Does this make me a hippie?
>>
>>34065616
Mmmm fresh buffalo!
The healthy red meat!
Nice shot Eric!
>>
>>34065616
>Find a poached elephant
>Confused.jpg
>Sad.jpg
>Holds tail
>No fresh blood dripping from tail
>Clean knife
>#MSM loses their fucking minds
>>
When you use your truck gun
>>
>>34065616
Nah, trophy hunting isn't for everyone. It's been said before but it does a surprising ammount of good for the wildlife and people of the continent. You may not like it, but that rich asshole just gave an adrenline shoot to wildlife conservation efforts and a boost to the local ecnonomy. The guys I know that have been trophy hunting said most of the meat was donated to the villages.

I would love to go on a safari, but I don't think I could shoot a rhino.
>>
>>34065724
I've heard this before, but why can't the poor villagers go shoot their own animals? I know there is no shortage of old ass rifles in Africa. I used to work with a nig from the Sudan who talked about shooting giraffes with a Mosin
>>
>>34065616
Where im from, one hunts to keep the numbers in check.
Others are just insecure faggots that ruin nature
A real hunter protects the animals first, then hunts.
It doesnt hurt to breed thousads of rabbits only to release them into the forest so that the predators have a field day.
Then there are too many predators, meaning the hunt is on.
I tried deer meat, i hate it.
Boar is superb tho, i wish they were pests here.
>>
>>34065666
Because tails are just bulging with veins for all that muscle they have.
>>
>>34065751
>but why can't the poor villagers go shoot their own animals?
Because this way they got $100,000 and still get to eat the meat.
>>
>>34065765
It should still bleed, or are you making excuses?
>>
>>34065616
>does this make me a hippie
No.

I'd also agree with freely killing invasive/pest species like feral hogs.
>>
>>34065616
>Does this make me a hippie?

No endangered species like the rhino need to be protected
>>
>>34065751
see >>34065781
You get more money and provide more jobs if you create an entire industry out of it. Those poor villagers can be employed as guides, porters, or game rangers if the operation becomes big enough.

Poor villagers shooting the animals are part of the reason wildlife populations were decimatd there.

>umbutu, we can either grow yams and heard cows to make no profit
>or
>we can shoot a rhino and the chinese will make the horn into a boner pills
>Lets shoot a rhino
>>
Personally, I'd only ever go trophy hunting if they let me keep the ivory to make into grips.

Hunting game in the US takes more time than I have to spare.
>>
>>34065616
>only animal I'd ever preemptively shoot for defense is a bear because they are so hard to stop in a charge
I don't know what it makes you, other than maybe a person who can't into braining.
Expensive trophy hunting is the literal only reason there's so much refuge land in africa keeping things from going extinct. You're going to doom many species habitats just to prevent a few individual animals from dying? usually old ones specifically chosen and tracked for the hunt because they're old/destructive like old male black rhinos who basically rape all females to death.
>>
>>34065724
Truth. Lot of people don't realise that many of the forefathers of the modern conservation movement were big game and dangerous game hunters. For example, Jim Corbett: spent a career killing man eaters, and travelled all over India. It was that experience that made him realise that tigers were circling the drain and needed help.
>>
>>34065616
IMO hunting anything not endangered is fine because IT WILL DIE SOONER OR LATER ANYWAY.

If I had to choose between a hyena chomping my balls while another grabbed my throat or getting shot through the heart, shoot me through the fucking heart.
>>
Hunting IS conservation.

People forget that in the US for example, hunting licenses, tags, etc that hunters pay for make up around 70% of the conservation and protection budget.

If hunters, for whatever reason they hunt, stopped hunting, we'd lose out on a lot of beautiful land and wildlife.

Me personally? I like wild game for meat, and it's a better life for the animal
>Bambi lives a normal, happy life in the woods, then has one bad day that's over in seconds as someone who appreciates him takes his meat.
Or
>How our meat usually gets to the table...

Makes sense to me.
>>
>>34065616
>don't be a Dick
Latterly it. The animal isn't going to care what I do with it's body because it's dead.
>>
>>34065616
If you're not torturing the animals I don't give a single shit
>>
>>34065616
Hi. I'm a black African from South Africa. If dentists from Ohio want to come and pump money into our shitty economy please do. My auntie kept me fed growing up selling dumb souvenirs to hunters and tourists.
>>
File: Baphomet.png (23KB, 170x232px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet.png
23KB, 170x232px
>>34065765
Trips get
>>
>>34065616
As said by others. legal hunting basically everywhere helps environmental and anti poaching organizations. Also hunting invasive species and vermin without the intention of eating them helps the environment. Also there are other animals larger than bears that will charge and kill you. You wouldnt kill a moose if it charged you? Basically youre an uninformed hippie or bait cause of the pic.
>>34065822
why would you point one anon to a post that was already in response to the original anon's post?
>>
>>34065616
Don't know enough about big game hunting in Africa to have an informed opinion but it seems to be more like dickwaving

That said:
I get my durr limit every year, everything edible get's et one way or another. Hooves go to some guy I know who uses them for knife handles, goodly amount goes to local prison for food.

Culling is vastly preferable than to see a bunch of durr starving due to a shortage of predation. It's a mercy, as long as it doesn't go to waste or no clean kills. Never let an animal suffer. I fucking hate casuals, as do everyone I've ever hunted with.

my .02
>>
I draw the line at sustainability. There's nothing wrong with trophy hunting as long as you're not screwing up ecosystems. The animal's suffering should be mitigated where reasonably possible as well.
>>
>>34065616
When it breaks the laws.

>>34065751
Because they will shoot all the animals. The big African animals are huge, that means they have huge appetites. Rip and tear, rip and tear your entire farming community into famine.
>>
>>34065616

Anything that isn't endangered. People who kill endangered shit are assholes.

Not more than you need. Like don't kill 30 deer "just because".

In other words, don't be an asshole.
>>
>>34065616
I don't care
I don't live anywhere near woods or forests
I should be allowed to kill wild animals if they're a threat
>>
As long as it's legal, or it makes sense to go after them, knock yourself out.
That is, granted you can hold your aim true and make quick ethical kills. This means having the basic know-how of tracking in case you wound the animal.
>>
>>34066616
>You're an asshole if you disagree with me
So-called "people" like you are why hunters are a persecuted group.
>>
>>34066626
Unless they're boars. Fuck boars - they die painfully.
>>
>>34065616
No, hippies use bear spray and claim that guns are completely useless against bears, as seen here >>>/out/thread/1021984
>>
>>34065616
When I hunt its with the intention of eating what I kill. Or in the case of coyote hunting, killing the things that kill and eat, what I eat and kill.
>>
>>34065616
trophy hunting in africa is the only thing keeping the some of the animals from going extinct. you have to pay like 50 grand to shoot an elephant or lion and they only let u shoot old ones who wont be able to reproduce anymore or will be dying soon anyway. without that money the locals would just poach the rest of them because they dont give a fuck if they go extinct or not
>>
>>34065616
Yes. You're a degenerate.

>Where do you personally draw the line on hunting?
When it's not my property that I'm hunting.
>>
>>34066667
This.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVTmt1pa7xI
>>
>>34065616
I would hunt for survival if I had to, but I'd never hunt for sport.
>>
>>34065616
Watch Africa Adio.
That's where I draw the line. Just indiscriminate slaughter for no reason.
>>
>>34065616

it makes you ignorant of reality

all big game hunting is fairly tightly controlled via permits & fees to benefit conservation to the wild animals can survive

in the USA all those bambi deer are actually pests destroying farm crops and yearly hunting seasons are needed to keep their numbers down

but otherwise yes there is too much macho dumb ass b.s. to just go shoot & kill animals
>>
>>34065616
Hunting humans should be socially acceptable and common practice.
>>
>>34066616
If rhinos cared about surviving so much, they would fight back.

They're getting what's coming to them for a reason: rhinos are huge pussies
>>
I am all for the following:
>Hunting for food
>Hunting for leather/fur
>Hunting if invasive species like boar
>Hunting if over population is a problem
>Fuckers killed your barn cat.
>>
>>34065616
I just don't like wasteful hunting. I don't like killing anything without a good reason. If you're going to eat it, or it's a pest on your property, go ahead. Even if you just kill it for fun I don't object, as long as you either eat it yourself or give away the meat to someone who can make use of it. I actually approve of African trophy hunting, because the amount of money paid to conservation efforts to make each kill outweighs the loss of that one animal in the grand scheme of things.

The only things about hunting I dislike are when meat is left to rot, and when seriously endangered animals are killed.
>>
>>34068067
You should move to the Philippines.
>>
>>34068067
It is in Mexico and Central America.
>>
Don Jr did nothing wrong, rich people pay thousands to legally hunt elephants on game reserves
>>
>>34066616
you're aware that endangered animals go sterile and die at some point right
>>
>>34065616
Daily reminder that elephant fed an entire African village for a month. They don't just let the corpse rot.
>>
>>34066651
Guns are questionable against brown bears. Particularly for novice shooters.

Most handguns are only going to make them mad unless you hit the head, which is hard is a high stress situation of a bear attempting to maul you. Obviously a rifle is the best choice but most hikers don't carry rifles with them.

Bear spray has the advantage of being cheaper, lighter and easier to actually use. All of those are very real advantages for a non-hunter.
>>
>>34068864
I think I would have them rather shoot the Africans honestly. We have too many of them as it is and they cant seem to sustain themselves without wiping our local species. Not being racist, just stating a fact of life.
>>
>>34068198
So Food, Warmth, Safety, Maintaining Populations, and Vengance. Sounds good to me
>>
>>34068923
>>34068864

Think about it. 60 or so people? they could easily be replaced cause of their numbers. that's 60 hunting licenses against just 1. Instant profit for the rest to properly purchase materials to sustain themselves without bush meat.
>>
>>34068909
I've heard the opposite side of the argument as well. That you're spraying a gigantic piece of mobile muscle which may or may not react how you would expect.

Most people who actually would have to deal with grizz carry firearms.
>>
Even trophy hunters use the meat, directly or otherwise. My brother in law and his family are all extremely talented/lucky hunters and have fridges/freezers stocked for the forseeable future. But they still love to hunt, so they donate their meat to a local shelter but when they go out they can wait for a nice buck.
>>
So long as you're actually shooting it for a reason beyond "because I can" I think it's fine. For meat, or if it's a pest, or if it's population needs to be controlled. All good.

Trophy hunting is an important part of the conservation effort. Not just for the money it offers to the nature preserves, but most often the animals Trophy Hunters pay to shoot are already marked for destruction. Rhino bulls for example get erectile dysfunction when they get old, but being unable to get it up doesn't stop them claiming mates. Old bulls need to be destroyed, because they prevent younger bulls from breeding while producing no offspring of their own.
>>
>>34069297
Fuck trophy hunters. They got the money. They can hunt the poachers.
>>
"Men" who object to hunting are not real men.

Back when men were men - when they were gentlemen - they'd go on safari and kill some animals. That's right, animals, not people. Nowadays metrosexual "men" personify animals, feel sorry for them and do not assert their dominance. Same kind of pussies who are gladly cuckolded. Same kind of pussies that let foreigners invade their land.
>>
>>34069338
because that's exactly how the wealthiest dentist in indianna wants to spend his money
>dentist pays $15k to hunt poachers in africa
>poachers actually shoot back
>dentist just wanted an adventure
>dentist just wanted a memory
>dentist just wanted a vacation souvenir
>gets domed by an ak toting freedom fighter
>>
I would hunt prisoners if that was a thing.
>>
>>34065616
food, survival, self defense. Mounting heads is alright as long as it wasn't just for sport
>>
Locals in villages are normally the most destructive to wildlife as it interferes with their daily lives. They'll poison or trap large fauna or predators who threaten their crops/land/livestock/etc. That's how most large predators were eradicated from the us and how it is happening now in Africa. That and poachers who illegally hunt to make stupid shit for stupid fucking click clacks who will believe anything.
>>
>>34069493
Nothing of value was lost. I see no issues with this at all.
>>
>>34069562

Rich people aren't going to do it and so the money won't be injected into those local economies and they won't be able to pay for lots of rangers to protect the animals from locals and poachers.

That's literally how it happens and that's what's wrong with your dumb idea of rich people paying to hunt poachers.
>>
>>34065616
As long as it doesn't directly effect me I don't care if you shoot 14 lions and 8 rhinos. Not trying to sound edgy, it just doesn't seem like something that matters enough for me to care about.
>>
>>34066089
>Old make black rhinos who basically rape all females to death

I'M GOING TO NEED A SAUCE ON THAT /K/AMERADE.
>>
>>34069576
That is true sadly. I honestly hate those shitbags. To the very core. If met in person I would just call them waste. They have no real value on this planet. Nothing more than genetic psychopaths with money.

Hunting I can honestly understand. Fishing I can understand. Killing humans that are dangerous I can understand. Rare animals, just for the joy of it? Those people are dangerous and fucked up.
>>
>>34068923
i would pay a lot of money to shoot some africans tb.h
>>
>>34069653
So salty. You should hang from a tree.
>>
>>34065616
I pretty much don't care
>if it's an animal and you own it you can kill it

I don't like trophy hunting because I have a conscience but its not a big deal otherwise. I also pretty much don't care if someone does do it. Its like killing rats inside your house or a snake. You probably wont eat it but the point is it is dead regardless.

Animal abuse is a little different though.
>>
>>34069792
aww someone is mad cause I dont think killing rare animals with decreasing genetic traits every kill is a good thing.
>>
File: P1030738.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1030738.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>34069338
>>34069785
Just go on a safari in a poach-able area, you'll find your fun.

Source: Buddy's father went on a safari in Zim, first 10 rounds fired were in a firefight with poachers. Pic related, one of the shots would have killed the guy next to him if they hadn't bailed out of the jeep when the gunfire started.
>>
What is the thrill in killing a giraffe? Now if it was a hood giraffe flashing gang signs and a gat, then I can see it. Trophy hunting is for guys with little hands.
>>
>>34069211
The real answer is to carry both.

The other take away from the studies is to shoot the bear rather than fire warning shots or wait until he's mauling your buddy.
>>
>>34069562
>If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor
Thanks, Obama.
>>
>>34069932
That honestly sounds like fun to me. Now I get to hunt those hunting me. Let the games begin gents. If I pay 10k on a trip it better be good.
>>
>>34065616
>hunting in self defense
this board has managed to get even worse.
>>
>>34069821
Not even. Thought your post was funny and thought of a good pun.
>>
>>34070009
eh, needs work. Picture would help.
>>
>>34070024
A picture of what. A saltlick?
>>
>>34065757
Where are boars not pests? The sun? Those things are the most invasive species ever created.
>>
>>34065616
>tfw all the tigers will be dead before you get the chance to kill and eat one
>>
>>34065616
gotta eat it and if not you gotta be on that pest control
>>
>>34070125
This
>>
>>34070090
NY doesn't let us kill them yet.

We have to contact the state so they can go in and do it. We'll see how long that lasts.
>>
>>34065616
If it's ever for the joy of it or no reason at all.

Trophy hunting can be done as long as folks rent/pay to be able to, the money going to African villages and the like.
Hunting for food is objectively justified. Population control is justified. Culling invasive species is justified but I don't like how people take it as a chance to do it for fun, even though the fact it's not just for fun makes it still passable.

Basically, if you kill like an outdoor cat, you deserve to be poisoned like an outdoor cat.
>>
>>34069493
>paying only 15k to play the most dangerous game with africans
I'm pretty sure /k/ would
>>
All kinds of hunting is ok as long as it doesn't lead to the species being endangered or unnecessary suffering for the animal like with bear traps.
>>
I hunt turkey fall and spring seasons. I fucking hate the taste of wild turkey, and most of the nasty game meat my friends try to drop on me. But I pay my stamps and it does preserve the habitat in my state, anyway. If the game wardens aren't keeping up with providing good turkey populations, I'll hunt private land and stop paying for management area stamps.

Turkey were almost gone until they regulated the heck out of turkey hunting, so I feel okay about it. I know the turkeys are still hard to get, too.

Deer hunting in my state has become a joke. They have no predators and they clearcut forest to pasture to increase the hunting yield and keep the $ flowing, while paradoxically claiming deer need to be hunted for population control. I could take a dozen deer that walk right up to me while turkey hunting each year.

The easier the prey, the less I'm interested in hunting it, justme....
>>
>>34065666
Look at his right pant leg Satan
>>
>>34065616
Nah man. If you were a hippy you'd be all BUT MUH ANIMAL FEELINGS while you munch on granola and have 0 muscle mass. I feel you. Hunting for pure shits and giggles is super shitty. That said, if you use every part of the animal you reasonably can, kill it humanely, and respected nature while you were out there, it's all good, and it's okay to have fun doing it.
>>
I believe killing an animal for food, protection, and the wellbeing of your Ranch are all legitimate. Doing so to feel like a big man just makes you pathetic.
Also if you wanna impress me kill a bear by jumping out of a trww naked with a knife at it. Then you'll have my attention
>>
>>34070263
i'm pretty sure most of /k/ doesn't have that kind of money to throw away.
>>
>>34065616
Hunt for food and resources. Trophy hunting should only be done when it actually benefits the wildlife and the local conservation efforts. Even when trophy hunting don't waste shit.

Killing healthy breeding population for a trophy is bad. Killing the big non-breeding bull that's fighting off all the young ones trying to breed for a trophy however benefits the whole population. Just make sure the meat does not go to waste. Eat it yourself or share it with others, just make sure you use it. Also don't let things like the hide go to waste.
>>
>>34065616
I don't have an issue hunting predatory animals. Hunting for the "sport" of it with things like Deer or Elk or whatever isn't only boring, but I feel it's pointless. Sure population control, whatever. But when hunting predatory animal, you're asserting human dominance. I guess. Only thing I've ever shot and killed is a squirrel so fuck if I know.
>>
>>34065616
I don't mind any form of hunting as long as it's part of a competently administered wildlife management program. I get more triggered by shitty hunters taking bad shots or using underpowered rounds and losing wounded animals than individual hunter's motives.

Trapping is kind of fucked up, though. Unfortunately the only people who are opposing it in my state are carpet bagging massholes/califaggots who's end goal is destroying hunting and gun culture.
>>
It should be legal to hunt commies from helicopters in all 50 states
>>
>>34067766
>That scene where the the giggling chucklefucks are taking zebras out at the knees by stringing a cable between two jeeps.

People are the worst.
>>
>>34069639
I doubt it's that entertaining.
Basically, the older ones just get crazy aggressive and rapey, and can damage the species as a whole in a huge way if left unchecked.
So they auction off a hunt to some rich dudes so they get a few hundred thousand towards the refuge.
>>
>>34065616
>For food.
Hunting for sport is disgusting imo. Killing for the sake of it shouldn't be something people do for jollies.
If you enjoy hunting and eat the meat too I am fine with it.
Honestly though when you think about it. A dead animal in the wild doesn't go to waste it gets eaten.

tl;dr. Hunt for food or you might be a little sick in the head and DON'T shoot anything thats close to being endangered unless your life is at stake.
>>
>>34065616
You better make that shot count then. I saw a video of some dude shooting a bear with a 30-30 and it literally pissed the bear off and it attacked a dude.
>>
Hunting should only be done for conservation of the ecosystem. i.e population management.
Such as culling deer in places where they are overpopulated to prevent deforestation, disease etc etc.
If you can also use the animal as food then that is a happy coincidence which should be capitalized on.
If you live in a first world country and can afford a gun, you have absolutely no need to 'hunt for food', stop lying to yourself .
You are hunting for fun, and eating what you've killed- which is fine but -don't pretend like you're hunting because you're hungry, or out of necessity.
>>
>>34072635
>hunting for food is bad
Indefensible logic. Why should I buy meat instead of shooting it myself? Please tell me metropolitan faggot, what's wrong with hunting deer because I like to eat deer?
>>
>>34072690
>what's wrong with hunting deer because I like to eat deer?
because it's more moral if it happens where I can't see it, even if the living conditions are terrible for the entire life of the animal
>>
File: 1494126206706.jpg (141KB, 975x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494126206706.jpg
141KB, 975x1080px
>>34065616
I'm fine with hunting in general, for food or for sport. Just dont get crazy with it, I know people who just want to kill as many deer as possible. In terms of big game I dont have a problem as long as its in moderation and its something that can hunt you back, no elephant hunting etc.
>>
>>34072751
Makes sense!
>>
>>34065616
Idgf if you kill for food you will EAT and use the animals resources to your full extend, idgf if you wanna kill INVASIVE species that are a real problem in your area for fun, I encourage both of those. Anything else I'm very very skeptical on in reasoning
>>
Any hunting that contributes to the future propagation of the species and its ecosystem, rather than its detriment is fine. Any pest control is fine.

Who cares if I use the zebra head to adorn my wall? YOU? Fuck you. If you gave one solitary fuck about zebras, you would have contributed 1% as much money to their future as I did, but you didn't. You just posted "Like" on Facebook and jerked off to furry porn. Of course you'd be salty about it, because someone that you depict as "the bad guy" did more fucking good in a week than you've done your entire fucking lifetime.
>>
File: anime girl ice cream head.jpg (86KB, 600x697px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl ice cream head.jpg
86KB, 600x697px
>>34065751
>shooting giraffes with a Mosin

kek
>>
>>34070263
15K is more than enough to hunt a Cape Buffalo. Actually, it is a good start on a budget for a hunting trip for just that animal, provided you already have a rifle to handle it with.
You pay for bread and board and drank and guide and the tag, but there's still the journey, trophy preparation fee, export fees...
>>
File: 1489604727235.jpg (27KB, 244x362px) Image search: [Google]
1489604727235.jpg
27KB, 244x362px
>>34065616
Glad you specified “personally”, since that will differ quite a lot than “legally” with most people here.

Me:

>literally anything with good cause
Animals are worth infinitely less than people. If you have a good reason to kill it, then go for it.

>conservation
>food
>threat to human population or their livelihood
>sport

No reason to be sadistic or cruel, but anyone who puts animal rights above or equal to human rights has a messed-up moral system.
>>
>>34068693
>implying druggies are still human

Thats just pest control
>>
>>34071496
>>34073156
hence why we post on an imageboard
>>
>>34065616
If you want to save the animals then just farm them for shitty meat and boner pills. The moment Elephants and Zebras become private property is the moment they get saved.
>>
>>34072635
So by your logic I shouldnt grow my own potatoes because I live in a first world country and can just buy potatoes instead.
>>
Don't be cruel and attempt to be fair in certain situations, all lawful reasons for hunting are justified.
>>
>>34073278
They already are private property you fuck
>>
File: shiggity diggity do.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
shiggity diggity do.gif
1MB, 264x264px
hunting purely for sport is faggotry supreme. At least eat what you're killing. Or if you're killing something just because IT'S FUN kill something like a boar.
>>
>>34073352
>hunt big game in Africa
>kill older males that don't breed and injure younger males
>meat goes to villagers
>trophy fees go to conservation
>"that's great!"
>get enjoyment from hunting those old males
>"faggotry!!!"

Kill yourself, trophy hunting is the singular reason half of those animals haven't been wiped out long ago
>>
>>34069493
Is it too hot to make effective use of thermals?
>>
>>34065616
I'm fine with hunting for food/survival, defense of cattle, culling of pests or to put down an animal attacking humans. I'm not comfortable with anything else, I love animals too much to hunt them for game. However I don't judge those who do.
>>
>>34071525
in all 49 states*
we haven't built the Mexican wall around California yet.
>>
>>34065751
>being this retarded
Because the poor villagers can't give the community a stimulus of a hundred thousand dollars or more, fool.
The men (and one woman on my trip) doing this are helping conservation efforts by clearing the bulls who are hindering the growth of herds and funding more security and antipoaching efforts.
>>
I fish.
A lot.
I've spent easily 1k on fishing in the past 6 months or so.
That being said, I've caught some dinky fish, and some monsters.
Just last week, I caught a 22 inch peacock bass. For those not in South Florida, that's 2 inches from the recorded maximum size for the species. Didn't have electronic scale, so mechanical scale was only option - this thing came in at near record levels, even on the shit scale. I took my pictures, and tried my hardest to return it back into the water.
It was able to revive and kick out of my hands.

However

Not two minutes later I see it belly up on the bottom of the floor.
The stress of the fight and the time out of the water caused premature expiration of an otherwise healthy fish.
This fish will forever be seated in my memory, not because of it's massive size, but because it was the first "Big Game" of Fishing that I've personally removed from the world.
I felt terrible.
I've since moved on, but seeing that fish on the bottom of the water felt terrible.
I don't think I could ever willingly "Hunt" an animal that isn't problematic, dangerous, or necessary for my survival. If I were to hunt, I would respect each and every kill, and use as much of the animal's physical remains.
I believe this world has a single life source, from which all life exists. Once we remove consciousness from an animal, we are moving it's spirit from this world. We must respect that. We cannot spree kill every animal on this earth. We do not own this earth, but rather just travelers.
>>
File: P7270006.jpg (3MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
P7270006.jpg
3MB, 4288x3216px
>>34065616
>>
>>34065616
if i need for survival i will kill anything
other than that you can hone your skills by pest removal like boars and deer if they are unchecked and overpopulated.
just use a fucking spray like every sane person!
>>
>>34066333
Fuck off Kaffir
>>
>>34073841
Yaz bozz, roight awey Mr Roenek Sir.
>>
>>34071540
Kek. That sounds pretty fun
>>
>>34072690
I never said there was anything wrong with.
My point is; trophy hunting and "hunting for food" are the same thing. You aren't hunting from necessity. You are both hunting for pleasure, regardless of what morally ambiguous bullshit you tell yourself.
Neither trophy hunting or people who pretend to hunt for food bother me as long as they are done as part of a wider wildlife management plan.
>>
>>34065616
1) Eat what you kill
2) Always kill quickly. If you aren't sure of the shot do not take it.
>>
>>34073931
I hunt for food and also do homekill beef because it's easier then driving for 40 minutes to buy overpriced shitty meat. I'm not going to lie hunting is fun, killing things gives me a boner, but there's still good reason behind it rather then fun. Hell it'd be stupid of me not to hunt.
>>
>>34073931
>You aren't hunting from necessity.
You aren't buying meat from the store out of necessity. Eat shit city scum.
>>
File: 1429385131796.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1429385131796.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>34074008
i actually buy most of my meat from a local family run sustainable organic farm
agriculture is useful.
>>
I don't draw the line.

The free market and collective moral conscience of the consumer will.

If everyone just stops being Atheist we wouldn't have such a problem.
>>
>>34074059
That just means they're cunts who own a lifestyle block who buy bobbies and sell them. Your buying overpriced meat that's no better then half of the beef out there. Be smart and get your own homekills.
>>
>>34065666
>he has clear blood smears on his pants next his knife
just sayin
>>
>>34074069
I know that you're probably trolling, but I see this opinion so often I have to address it.

The free market is not an answer to everything. The free market led to the extinction and near extinction of so many species because of overhunting.

A company that is selling safari trips without restriction is going to keep selling safari trips until literally everything worth hunting is dead. A pure free market is like an animal that keeps eating until its stomach explodes.
>>
>>34074059
Agriculture is the largest source of habitat loss and pollution in the world, there is no way to morally or ethically farm or ranch.

It is useful, though.
>>
>>34065616
>preemptively shoot a bear but not a mountain lion
You need to consider wild animals
>>
im getting into small game hunting, will have license soon. i want to harvest my kills to the fullest extent, what would i do with, for example, a coyote?

>eat meat
>tan skin
>sell feet/skull on ebay?
>????
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.