[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Dunbar Driver/Guard Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: dunbar.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
dunbar.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I work for Dunbar Armored so AMA
>>
>>34064528
What model are those S&W revolvers they lend out to ppl who don't have their own handgun?

That's how we play "spot the poorfag"
>>
What's reddit like?
>>
>>34064546
I can't fully remember since I carry my own FNS-9 but i think its a model 66 or 686
>>
>>34064546
>>34064585
They also issue 90% of them without hammer spurs cause retards keep putting shit near their holsters while they have them cocked for single action and so when they go to fire SURPRISE the hammer is blocked
>>
>>34064585
Also, do you guys have long guns inside the vehicle? If so, what kind?

I was actually looking to apply with them a few years back, but found my current job instead.
>>
>>34064637
no, the only gun other than an handgun is a shotgun in the vault loaded with slug
>>
>>34064528
Can you explain the legality of carrying a gun in your job? Do you have a permit? Do you go into all states? Do you have limited magazine capacity?
>>
>>34064918
so Im based in VA so we all have to go through a DCJS (Department of Criminal Justice) certified course. we do book work and a live fire test. So once we pass both of these we get a DCJS permit and need to requal every year. we have reciprocity with all states my location goes though. There isnt a mag limit but if we go to NJ we cant carry hollow points only FMJ
>>
File: 1481098508588.jpg (998KB, 1800x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1481098508588.jpg
998KB, 1800x1500px
>>34064528
Is there an age limit?
What's starting pay like?
Is it worth leaving a 10.15/hr customer service position that could potentially lead to management within a year?
Is it full time?
What is your ROE?
>>
>>34065354
you need to be 21+.
depending on where you are it could range from $11-15/hr with almost guaranteed overtime.
Im not technically full time, at dunbar full time is a salary position but I work 45-50 hrs a week (pay is also weekly)
my ROE is about 80% of my income after taxes.
>>
File: heat.webm (3MB, 720x297px) Image search: [Google]
heat.webm
3MB, 720x297px
>>34064528
How often do you transport cash? How much on an average day? Is it really worth the risk of committing a robbery?
>>
>>34065615
everyday the trucks have items in it. I wont tell you how much is in it cause thats just dumb. Its not worth trying to rob an armored car.
>>
only thing i can contribute is an annecdote from a coworkers husband.

He worked for armored car services so long picking up coins so many times fucked up his back. So wear a back brace or use the cart if they have one.

Another anecdote is the cars are always in shitty repair and have a lot of miles on them.
>>
>>34065966
YOU
HAVE
NO
IDEA
a quarter of our trucks dont work and are in line for the mechanic. to be fair its only one man with little to no help. one time a truck was spewing fumes so bad my partner and I had to wear shitty paper masks while we drove.
>>
>>34064528
oh you poor trunk monkey. one of the shittiest jobs imaginable.

I dealt with the Brinks guys on a daily basis as the vault clerk at a Chase branch in NYC.

Summers were the worst for them, being stuck in midtown traffic, lousy a/c, lugging around filthy paper and heavy boxes of coin.

I kept a cooler of iced water bottles for them.
>>
File: duke nukem 1.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
duke nukem 1.png
49KB, 200x200px
>>34066040
yea, now that its getting close to summer in VA, its gonna get hot and humid like no other. our a/cs arent too bad.
>>
File: 20150214_164455.jpg (254KB, 1706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20150214_164455.jpg
254KB, 1706x1024px
>>34066070
fuck that VA summer hell. Used to live in Southside (Appomattox).

It was in the late 80s when I was at the bank, their trucks were shit, and we were a big branch with lots of commercial business requiring a fuckton of coin.

We all felt bad when the big $20k coin orders came through.

Hope this pic helps you get through
>>
File: armored-car-services.jpg (131KB, 526x260px) Image search: [Google]
armored-car-services.jpg
131KB, 526x260px
>>34065615
I'll tell you because fuck the company I worked for. We carried 3-4 million on Wednesday and Thursday and roughly 1 million the other week days, sometimes more.

Also to the other anons, in Texas you have to take a commission security officer course and it's basically the same class as the license to carry but imagine everyone else taking the class has absolutely NO interest in guns at all. I'm talking people missing the target at 7 yards and acting like it's not a big deal.

We were allowed to carry a shotgun on the truck but our trash ass company never had a 3rd person to play guard anyway so what's the point.

As far as overtime goes, check your local exemptions because we didn't get paid since we were overtime exempt due to a DOT regulation. This means your company will add even more shit to your route to make your day longer because fuck you, free overtime. I averaged 90 hours every 2 weeks and I had Mondays off. Before I had Mondays off it was up to 115hrs straight time.
>>
What is your truck gun?
>>
>>34066160
>We carried 3-4 million

dat feeling knowing you're bonded for a couple of mil. means fuck all really, but actually gives you brownie points on a resume.

I had to get re-bonded when I needed to carry negotiable securities* for a financial company job. $50 million. No biggie.

*boss hands me envelope with a certified check, take elevator down to Citi branch in the lobby, deposit it, go back to work. At least I didn't have to touch that filthy paper money anymore as in the bank - gross.

Kind of funny when I first started handling all those bricks of cash, it was like whoa. Then, within a week is was like having to sort through garbage (they demanded hand count even from Federal reserve).
>>
>>34066160
1 million shared 2, 3 or 4 parts that you can't spend without getting a ton of attention even if you get away with it. It's not worth that kind of risk.
>>
>>34064528
I also worked armored transport for Loomis in the worst areas of DC and PG County so fire away
>>
You like unloading my 6 boxes of half dollars every Friday?
>>
>>34065660
>>34065615
At my branch it wasnt unusual to have a 1 mil in the truck, but thats because we were severely under staffed and violated corporate and insurance orders in order to get the shit done
>>
Fuck armored car work get your level 4 and get a cushy job protecting a paranoid millionaire at 40 an hour.
>>
>>34067974
Do the denizens of PG County stare at you while working or talk shit to you? Ex-DC resi. here (owned registered shotgun in NW).
>>
Why were you guys so understaffed?

No one willing to do the job, or the companies were too stingy to hire more people on?

Also, I've always wondered this, are you required to actually protect the goods given to you? Like, if some dudes rolled on you like it was Heat, would you have to actually try and defend the shit in the truck or could you just go, "Nah - I am good, just take it."
>>
>>34069436
they wouldnt just stare, they would constantly ask for loans and try to test you. hell one of my coworkers was shot in oxon hill, he had shitty steel plates with no spall coating so he caught a bunch of jacket in his throat
>>
>>34069530
a little bit of both, all the companies suck plus no one wants to do it, i was in a dark spot when i sighed up and in need of some adrenaline

and we were always told that the money is insured and its not worth our life, aka if they had the drop on us dont fuck around. most of the time the robbers study you and i was squared away/had the look that i would shoot anyone trying to fuck with me so thankfully nothing happened but a month after i quit a new guy took up my route and got robbed
>>
>>34064528
Former Gardaworld driver.

I recommend quitting by telling your regional manager to go fuck himself for participating in a toxic business that cares little for it's employees well being.

And take a giant dump in the back of the truck.
>>
>>34071034
"Jacket in throat"? As in brass blew up? Shattered bullet? Did he live?
Was he able to work again?
>>
File: IMG_1423.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1423.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>34064528
You guys come to my store and collect the cash, I always give you free food 'cuz you're all pretty based. Guy came in once with his AR and freaked all my co-workers out, gave him a high five.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.