[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help /k/. I have raised my son as the /k/ube intended,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: pic_related.jpg (71KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
pic_related.jpg
71KB, 1300x957px
I need help /k/. I have raised my son as the /k/ube intended, around firearms in a healthy manner. He is turning sixteen and INSISTS on being given access to firearms he bought with his own money. I am not concerned about him, as I know he is safe, but my wife is. What should I do, take his side with which I support, or my wife? And for either side, arguments?

>inb4 "wife is always right"
She was raised in a relatively pro-gun household but she did not assimilate. She is deathly afraid of firearms, doesn't even support him having a BB gun.
What can I say to assure her it is safe if used in a correct manner?
>>
File: dog smile.jpg (16KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
dog smile.jpg
16KB, 500x333px
>>34064400
>not married
>no kid
>no guns
>teenager
>wants to convince mommy to let him be hasgun

Why do you kids post threads like this, as if we can't see right through it?
>>
>>34064400
Why are you asking a bunch if autists on an imageboard?
Do what you think is right/best. If he actually owns them, I'd give him access in a controlled manner. He isn't legally allowed to own them just yet.
>>
>>34064400
>having 16 year old kids
>posting on 4chan
Sad!
>>
>>34064400
I'll bless your son so your wife will quit nagging
just tell her the blessing wards off NDs or something
praise be to the Murder/k/ube
>>
>>34064400
Support the wife you dope. Happy wife, happy life.
>>
>>34064418
OP post pics of your grey hair>>34064418
>>
If you go against your wife on this and literally anything even slightly negative happens as the result of your son having access to the guns, you will NEVER hear the end of it.
>>
>>34064400
>asking a bunch of social rejects on a Chinese cartoon forum how to raise your kids

This is the state of American adults... BAKA
>>
>>34064418
Slow down pal its not quite summer yet
>>34064460
Am I supposed to have grey hair by 35?
>>
>>34064477
>having a kid at 19
Embarassing
>>
>>34064421
In my state he is through a familial transfer.
>>34064444
Quads confirm
>>34064437
See>>34064467
>>
Wanna know what my dad did so I could hold and learn the function on fire arms? He bought some cheap guns and jammed a bolt in the barrel of a few different types and cut/welded them so they could not fire or even chamber a round. I was 12.

By 15 he said I was able to use firearms. So he swapped the barrels of the ones I liked and signed them over to me.

Do that.
>>
>>34064493
This is why I don't mention my age, small town leads to bad decisions involving lack of protection.
>>
>>34064477
I'm 21 and I have grey hair
>>
File: 1489541424497.jpg (43KB, 640x672px) Image search: [Google]
1489541424497.jpg
43KB, 640x672px
>>34064400

>sixteen
>INSISTS

You insist? If you were my kid you'd have internet privileges revoked for a month.

My house, my rules.
>>
>>34064536
Talk about embarassing
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>34064533
*he signed them over when I was a legal age but gave them to me at 15
>>
>>34064544
Insists is more of a recurring request in this case
>>
>>34064400
Tell him in 2 years he can have all the guns he wants when he moves out.
>>
>>34064548
pretty sure I turned 40 overnight cause I have a bad back and I'm balding now too
>>
>>34064534
So you wound up marrying her too?
>>
>>34064633
If I didn't it would have been suicide, had multiple threats from many members of her family once the pregnancy was found out. Worked out well, I love her but man is she scared of my passion.
>>
Bump for advice towards turning my wife, this also regards guns in my house and her comfort with me carrying.
>>
I'm more interested in the fact that a 16 year old bought guns.
>>
>>34065000
I mean if you were exposed to guns as a kid and were interested, why not?
>>
Hey dumbass, why dont you get your wife into guns first.
Problem solved
>>
>>34065132
That's my second question, she won't even touch them except the .22, how do I give her that push?
>>
>>34065082
You need to be 18 to buy long guns in the US, 21 for handguns. Don't know the possession rules for long guns, but I know that possession of a handgun is prohibited under age 18. I mean, the guns could be C&R, and therefore potentially not guns, but most people won't bother making that exception.
>>
>>34065156
I transferred them to him legally in my state.
>>
Show pics of your wife to help me decide who I should side with
>>
Horomones going crazy and guns do NOT mix. It's your house your rules don't give him unlimited access to
Firearms, young kids do dumb things even if they know better
>>
>>34064400
Wait till he's 18, don't piss off the wife, obey the law.
>>
>>34065245
Again not the law in my state.
>>
>>34064910
Tell her it's for her safety and if she's still uncomfortable with it, you pay the bills.

Don't let her rule you anon, marriage is as democratic as you make it.

That is unless she pays the bills, then you just give up or buy a storage locker.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 370x370px
>>34065351
I've already laid down the law, I just wish she didn't give me the cold shoulder whenever I come home and take off my holster
>>
>>34064400
Actual dad here.

The first reply you got was probably the correct one, but for the sake of argument you're being a pushover faggot for your kid. He's turning sixteen, he already gets to operate another deadly weapon legally this year. The statistics show he's far more likely to kill himself or someone else with the family car.

He is not in charge. The little shit (you) can fucking well wait another two years before he's allowed to open the safe by himself and be a retard with the family guns, too.
>>
>>34065467
Clarification:
I am a dad.
Coming here was mostly to gauge reactions and help argue with the wifey.
I am personally in favor of him having access to a .22, I did when I was a kid and I believe it teaches responsibility.
>>
>>34065542
Doesn't change anything I said. Especially if he's feeling entitled.
>>
>>34065542
I got quads you have to get your kid blessed by an apostle of the Murder/k/ube
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.