[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army on UK streets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Most don't look like they are wearing body armour and I don't see many chest rigs with extra mags. So what's their gameplan?
>>
Fuck sake there's already heaps of threads up on this, check the catalog you blind cunt.
>>
Its a show of force, their gameplan is to simply visibly be there. You dont need body armor or chest rigs to make normies feel secure, they just see camo and berets and assume you're ready for war.
>>
>>34063880
Lol at the thread police, fucking nonce
>>
>>34063865
Who says you need a chest rig to carry extra magazines? Belt kits have been a thing for the British forces for a very long time.
>>
>>34063865
>Most don't look like they are wearing body armour
They're all wearing ECBA.
>I don't see many chest rigs with extra mags
Who the hell wears a chest rig with belt-kit?
>>
>>34063865
Low profile ECBA mk II.
To be fair when i wore osprey i always carried belt order, you put shit on your armour and you can't lie down.
>>
What would they do if another bomb went off nearby a couple streets away or word went round of an active shooter?
>>
>>34063865
probably relying on their guns?

body armor isn't a meme, but it's by far not a requirement.
>>
>>34064155
Follow orders.
>>
They don't need the extra magazines to hand if the greatest threat can be taken down with three rounds. Extra magazines will be held in their pack but honestly with that many troops on display and the definite inclusion of close protection SAS squads assigned to political individuals they are more than ready to respond to an attack.
>>
File: turkey.jpg (323KB, 1682x1088px) Image search: [Google]
turkey.jpg
323KB, 1682x1088px
>>34064155
What else?
>>
>>34063865
I hope they leave all the mosques alone and don't disrupt prayer times.
>>
>>34064236
Does the SAS really protect VIP's?
I heard something similar months ago but it was never confirmed
>>
>>34063865
>Look at that shit-ass blousing job

Absolutely degenerate.
>>
>>34063865
gameplan is to scare the populous with 'guns on the street' and increase calls to ban airguns, sporks, and cardboard knives so that when the mudslimes steamroll europe there will be no effective resistance in the UK.
>>
File: 1473201237805.jpg (168KB, 794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473201237805.jpg
168KB, 794x1080px
They probably just got off a coach and are going to take over their accommodation or something, they're clearly not at work or stagging on anything. Most probably have their bodyarmour in their daysacks and have been told they'll be in beret, belt kit, ECBA with helmet to hand when actually out 'working'.

Thier game plan is show of force, they have VERY little authority and the civilian police and much higher ranks are running the show. They're there as a) to be a presence and a deterrent b) to be extra manpower if SHTF and the police need help. Either their battalions don't hold OSPREY or VERTIS or they simply haven't been issued it for this operation/ They're not conducting fighting patrols in the middle of London or shit like that.
>>
They have Mag pouches, it's the double pouch on their right hips.
>>
>>34064262
>blousing
>thinking not doing it is degenerate
Brainwashed faggot go back to the 19th century, only time I did that shit was when I tied the bottoms off in the field to prevent shit from getting up my legs. Around camp? Let it swing, only a select few faggots care and you could see them a mile off and avoided the dicks. I bet you ironed your uniform as well.
>>
File: caw caw caw.jpg (82KB, 743x479px) Image search: [Google]
caw caw caw.jpg
82KB, 743x479px
>>34064289
ECBA is the mark of a crowbag...
Or ancient man like me, but mines in crappy two tone DDPM.
>>
Yes the SAS were known to protect VIPs in cease fires and during the troubles in Ireland. They also protect the royal family. Usually as plain clothes operators with a concealed MP5K as defence and sniper support. Act is overkill bodyguards essentially.
>>
>>34064330
>ECBA is the mark of a crowbag...
Why? I never deployed and fucked off after 4 years but it's not like guys who did do non-crowbag Herricks kept their Osprey. They were fucking around in ECBA with the rest of us.
>>
>>34063865
>>34064155

Do we really want 20 guys opening fire in the middle of a busy street? I imagine their rifles aren't even loaded and would only be allowed to carry live rounds in the mag if express permission is given. Seems like it's a perfect scenario for a Muslim to use a toy gun or a firework and cause chaos.
>>
>>34064257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgaapnDnFs
>>
>>34063865
Probably to just use overwhelming numerical force. With 9 guys you'll probably get like 18-25 rounds on the target before they all have to clear the jams in their L85s which should be enough to take down anything they are realistically likely to encounter.
>>
>>34064262
wrong army, disgusting obese pseudo jew detected
>>
>>34064452
they're loaded alright

look at other images, they've got polymer PMAGs. you can see the rounds from the slits
>>
>>34065041
Serious question: why do American troops "blouse" their boots by wearing this weird garter strap instead of tucking it into their boots?
>>
>>34065141
Both are acceptable by uniform standards, at least in the army anyway idk about the marines. Blousing garters just keep you from constantly having to re stuff your pants in your boots. They're not actually issued but are a fairly common item soldiers buy.
>>
>>34065203
Ah, interesting. Thank you.
>>
>>34065269
Trouser twistys are one of the many things they dont supply that you probably need.
>>
>>34064257
Not in the UK. At least not of people of typical importance who would already have close protection contingencies. Not even under circumstances like this. Effective close protection relies on protocol and procedural awareness, and there's a lot of enablers in close protection that you don't see (ie. the people who do the prior checks and analysis of a locality). The last thing you want to do is remove the established close protection team and replace them with something temporary at a time like this. There's a chance they might provide protection to people who didn't previously warrant it, or possibly even provide an extra car's worth of firepower in large motorcades of established close protection officers, but that's about it.

They probably do loads of close protection gigs abroad. In fact, providing security for intelligence and diplomatic types is one of the few operations the SAS perform that are publicly verifiable. But that might go a bit beyond what can traditionally be considered 'close protection', since it's usually in overtly hostile environments.
>>
>>34066126
Truth. Some foreign uniforms have a strap which goes under the foot, but then you'd have to walk on the strap so I dunno if want.

Trouser twisties/elastic blousing straps work well but I never bothered.
>>
>>34064262
>Blousing
Nobody cares about blousing except muhreens and uptight retards, their trousers look fine with the regular ties, only people in training and uptight retards wear twisties on the day to day
>>
>>34065141
Fuck off. BA use twists and have done since late 80s we they introduced lightweights and got rid of garters, which were a fucking bollocks
>>
>>34066296
>>>34065141
>Fuck off. BA use twists and have done since late 80s we they introduced lightweights and got rid of garters, which were a fucking bollocks

*when *gaiters fucking autocorrect
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.