[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benchmade Dagger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: SOCP.jpg (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SOCP.jpg
71KB, 1000x1000px
Are these a meme? What's the point?
>>
File: bear.jpg (63KB, 530x353px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
63KB, 530x353px
>What's the point?
The end thingy?
>>
>>34060822
First post best post

Now let's discuss how long it would take to remove OP's face with a cheese grater
>>
What's the ring for?
>>
>>34061117
Palm brace is you were to utilize it as a push dagger, I assume.
>>
File: swill.jpg (39KB, 597x502px) Image search: [Google]
swill.jpg
39KB, 597x502px
>>34061117
>>
>>34060812
to stab things, for when you're in the middle of your action movie and your gun runs dry and you have to go hand to hand jumping across roofs

>>34061126
where you grab it from becuase hi speed lo meme

>>34061173
underage ban
>>
>>34060812
I would assume the point is that hopefully they are small enough for those locking plastic sheathes to actually hold the fucking knife if you move around
>>
File: TDI knife.png (183KB, 621x282px) Image search: [Google]
TDI knife.png
183KB, 621x282px
It's a weapons retention tool/ get the fuck off me nigger tool. It's essentially a better thought out knife than pic related. You aren't using your knife West Side Story style squaring off circle each other with dueling weapons, you use it as a tool to get to a better weapon into the fight. At the same time it doesn't get in the way once that opportunity to get that better weapon in the fight has presented itself. You draw it, stab stab stab, use that to leverage yourself to a better position, draw your side arm and end the threat. Or alternatively you draw it, stab stab stab, use it to leverage a better position and employ combatives to subdue or kill the threat.

Either way its a great tool for what it is. Don't treat it like a primary, treat it as a tool to get to your primary when grappling prevents you from being able to safely or reliably do so.
>>
Seems cool as a backup weapon but I don't want to pay Benchmade prices for a shank stick. I understand paying more for a folder, where there's noticeable quality in the blade and tolerances, but something that simple I'm not going to notice "wow what a good steel and blade geometry" while frantically fending off a crackhead

>>34061117
so you can pull it quickly / fumble-free without having the grip sticking out. That way it's easy to carry (in a pocket or in gear) and doesn't need to be folded open manually or drawn with a comparatively weaker grip for wave knives. Craig Douglas notes the important of grip and reliable draw for defensive blades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_RALHn6Bb4
>>
>>34060812
>are these a meme
If you're not operating operationally in a close quarters environment? Yeah pretty much.

>So they're stupid
No, they're actually fucking fantastic, but they have a very specific purpose. >>34061867 nailed it. It's meant for getting guys off you so can get your rifle into play.
>>
U can buy a 10 pack of these on ebay under the the term kunai or throwing dagger which is basically what this piece of shit is.

You sure can jack up prices giving shit tactical names like 'push dagger' tho.
>>
>>34064098
I've bought my fair share of mallninja knives, they have shit rings and shit sheaths, aside from being overall shit. The SOCP looks fairly comfortable and it has a decent sheath.
>>
File: 4.19.17.EDC.jpg (706KB, 2504x1726px) Image search: [Google]
4.19.17.EDC.jpg
706KB, 2504x1726px
>>34060812
If the fight goes to the ground and you have a chance to access it you can poke the person until you can build space for a gun or to get out from under them.

They weigh nothing and are very thin, I carry one on my left side with a slight forward cant
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.