[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Mosin still the official gun of /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Part of the appeal of the nugget was being able to get it for dirt cheap. Now that we can't get that anymore, does /k/ still swear by the mosin? Or are yugo Mausers where it's at?
>>
We need to hold a referendum on the new official /k/ gun. My mosin cost $325 in 2016.

The era of cheap Slavshit is long gone I'm afraid.
>>
File: SKS & Mosin.jpg (373KB, 1500x460px) Image search: [Google]
SKS & Mosin.jpg
373KB, 1500x460px
>>34059688
>Is the Mosin still the official gun of /k/?
I thought the SKS was /k/'s mascot rifle?

>>34059730
>The era of cheap Slavshit is long gone I'm afraid.
and? That doesn't mean that we should collectively toss them in the trash and declare the Savage Axis the new meme rifle.
>>
>>34059730
I only paid $235 for mine 3 months ago.
>>
>>34059730
Jesus, I bought mine for like $75 back in 2013
>>
>>34059885
I paid $195 for mine in January.
>>
>>34059923
Was yours all original? Mine was one of those modern rearsenalled nuggets
>>
>>34059688
Stop being poor and get a serious rifle. CZ is good for the price.
>>
>>34059844
the new meme rifle is the ruger american
>>
>>34059688
The SKS is the Rifle of the /K/ommando. It's even on our mascot/logo/patches/etc.

The Mosin was just a meme with real world roots.
>>
File: 1493228642508.gif (199KB, 336x468px) Image search: [Google]
1493228642508.gif
199KB, 336x468px
>>34059922
Got mine for 115 in 2012
>>
>>34059996
This, just sold my chicom and am looking for a rooskie original
>>
>>34059688
No, it's the AR15 from now until forever.
>>
>>34059951
Yeah, mine was redone by the first grau Arsenal in Ukraine.

It's mostly original (or at least a very nice job was done of force matching it) except for the butt plate.
>>
>>34060121
This. AK fags btfo.
>>
>>34060140
I don't know where mine was done, but most of it was replaced with new parts including the barrel and stocks
>>
/K/ will always be fond of the Mosin, but at the moment, I think the official gun of the board is a cheap AR build.
>>
>>34060254
I would think it is some other form of milsurp. Thats what us /k/ommandos are famous for after all.
>>
>>34060264
>I would think it is some other form of milsurp. Thats what us /k/ommandos are famous for after all.
Back when certain milsurp rifles were both exceedingly common, and cheap. Now the AR is both pretty damn cheap, and fucking EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>34060264
Milsurp is a collectors game now.
>>
>>34059688
I don't care how many places the AR is standard.
We will never EVER standardize the AR as "THE" Kommando gun.
It always has been and always will be surplus of some form; cheap AR builds will never ever be the same.

I vote the Yugo M48 or as an alternative the Spanish M1916 Mauser (those shitty $120 7.62 RFN conversions that aren't really 7.62 RFN)
>>
>>34060313
I'm trying to stress that the reason is not just because surplus is cheap but because of its association with war and the military.

It's like comparing football pads and roman armor.
Yes football pads are cheaper and work better.
Roman armor is fuckin' roman armor and wether it's cheaper or not it checks two boxes: being militaria and being armor.

And NO.
Your cheapo AR build is NOT a surplus M16 in ANY FUCKING WAY.
>>
>>34060338
I agree that having rifles that killed fascists and communists within the same time period, along with their history of production and design, is fucking neato but that doesn't mean my rearsenaled 91-30 isn't a piece of shit with a 15lb trigger. It's my piece of shit though. I much prefer my finnish mosins despite the kikes at classic sending me a "hand picked" cosmetically dogshit one from their first batch, (but the old girl has character and shoots excellently.)

still, my CX4 carbine is a funner and cheaper way to pew pew at 50-100 yard targets and I could build up the stripped AR lower I bought on a whim for around $350 into a functional rifle. Milsurp, barring a massive influx of CMP gear and RUSSIAN COLLUSION to drop bush sr and clinton era bans on slavshit/european military surplus arms, it's going to become a old man/neets game like springfields, enfields, and mausers have before the humble nugget breached the 200 dollarydoo mark long enough ago to make me feel old.
>>
File: 1433567748574.jpg (12KB, 284x276px) Image search: [Google]
1433567748574.jpg
12KB, 284x276px
>>34060022
$120 for me in 2013, but they did some extra work like modding the trigger, zeroing the sights and doing some detail work on the bolt to make it cycle smoothly. Said that the work would be a couple hundred alone, not to mention it had all original parts, but they cut me a deal.

She may have gone through a couple snowstorms and mud pits, and the stock has hand marks imprinted into it from constant use (also from it's old days as a soviet gun), but my baby's still as reliable and accurate as the day I bought it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.