[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a Mak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: grill_makarov.jpg (448KB, 2222x1695px) Image search: [Google]
grill_makarov.jpg
448KB, 2222x1695px
Evening /k/,

Long story short, I carry an EAA Witness PS. It's a fun gun at the range, but as a carry weapon, it's heavy, long, has a hammer that irritates the shit out of me, and is hard and expensive to find holsters and magazines for. I'm also a bit worried about it's reliability, because I've been getting FTFs at the range recently with it (of course, I'm shooting steel case Tulammo 9mm).

I've been eyeballing a Makarov, though, and I'm kinda stuck in a rock and a hard place. I hear they're reliable as shit and smaller and easier to conceal. But I'm worried about the adequacy of the 9x18 cartridge, plus the low mag capacity compared to the 16+1 I'm used to in 9x19.

Outright:

should I get a makarov to replace my current carry gun, or use the money for the mak to buy more magazines and a better holster for my current weapon?
>>
>>34058432
If people trust .380acp, you can trust 9x18.

Mak is gud peestol, komrade.
>>
It's a great handgun that only improved upon German engineering.
>>
>>34058432
CZ82
>>
>>34058574
any suggestions for good defensive ammo? I hear bad shit about 9x18 JHPs not penetrating adequately, and thus some folk use FMJs as carry ammo.

Being used to carrying somewhat more powerful calibers, this seems odd to me, but is it something worth considering?
>>
Is the macaroni drop safe?

Also, consider modern single stack polymer 9mm or .380s . Loads of barely used shields and G43s for cheap.
>>
>>34058642
no just get hornady
>>
>>34058642
Underwood, Hornady, or Barnaul should work just fine. Try to go for 1000fps or more.
>>
>>34058645
>Is the macaroni drop safe?

The makarov or the witness (witness is made by tanfoglio, an italian company, so you're a bit ambiguous)?

The Mak is appearently drop safe empirically, albeit with a design that shouldn't be on paper.

The Witness is a modern handgun with engineered drop safeties.

>Also, consider modern single stack polymer 9mm or .380s

I have. I've been somewhat eyeballing an LC9S for pocket carry as a backup in tandem with the witness, but all dem slavshit memes have my mind keep wandering back to mak.
>>
>>34058698
Look at Bersa for a single-stack .380.

But if you're going for a PP clone, it's a Bersa Thunder or the Makarov.
>>
>>34058432
No, you should get an M&P Shield 9mm. 7 or 8 rd capacity, very compact, and can easily be found for $300 after a $75 rebate that S&W has going on right now
>>
>>34058736
I guess one of my bigger hesitations is moreso on the cartridge and the capacity vs. what I currently carry.

Is a .380 or 9x18, especially in a single stack, actually adequate?
>>
>>34058775
>after a $75 rebate that S&W has going on right now

this sounds like good marketing.

I've considered the shield, but I don't care for it.
>>
>>34058795
.380 with those crazy Underwood XXXTREME PENETRATOR BOOLETS will stop just about any Jamal or Tyrone.
The Ruskies used the Mak as a combat pistol, so I'd say yes, it's adequate.
>>
>>34058830
>just about any Jamal or Tyrone

from experience, Jamals and Tyrones tend to attack in groups of 7-15.

About how many rounds of 9x18 do you think I'd need to put in each Jamal and Tyrone to stop each individual threat?

See, therein lies my dilemma -- is a mak adequate for this sort of threat (7-15 attackers at once), or should I focus on better holsters and more magazines for my current weapon and become that crazy asshole who's carrying 64+1 rounds of 9x19 hornady critical defense in 16 round mags?
>>
>>34058880
>Jamals and Tyrones tend to attack in groups of 7-15.

Where do you live, Detroit? I'm under the impression that plugging one Da'quan will cause the other JaMarcuses to scatter, they're not the Zerg after all.

If you're concerned about a human wave of diversity, then yes, go for more mags with your current gun.
>>
>>34058929
>Where do you live, Detroit?

no, but my past experience with black criminals in general has me on edge about specific modes of attack.

Honesly, where I live now, I don't even expect that I'd even need to be armed.

>I'm under the impression that plugging one Da'quan will cause the other JaMarcuses to scatter, they're not the Zerg after all.

In suffering traumatic injury at the hands of violent criminals, perhaps I'm dead set on the idea that one must be prepared to utterly eliminate a threat physically in order to survive.

niggers (inb4 "gb2 /pol/") will scatter as soon as they see that you have backup in the area, and probably much more readily at a gun, but can one really rely on an assumption about an attacker's psychology in a life and death scenario?
>>
File: IMG_0770.jpg (151KB, 785x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0770.jpg
151KB, 785x523px
>>34058880
This will fit your needs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.