[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red or blue loktite? I need to fix the screw on an extractor,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1487911469883.jpg (50KB, 493x289px) Image search: [Google]
1487911469883.jpg
50KB, 493x289px
Red or blue loktite?
I need to fix the screw on an extractor, and an ejection rod cap.
How hard will it get either off after to clean?
>>
>>34054146
Go red, you don't have any maintenance after that since it gets the job done. Also it'll be much more difficult to scrap it off during cleaning
>>
>>34054146

I thought that was someone gripping their massive cock from the thumbnail in the catalog
>>
>>34054698
Same
>>
red requires heat to remove
>>
>>34054146
blue board asshole
>>
>>34054698
>>34054709
don't worry nobody is noting you were attracted here by the thought of big cock

>>34054715
Assuming I've had a heatgun on my christmas wishlist for a few years and realistically I'm just going to use a zippo, would that fuck up the bluing on a slide?
>>
>>34054146
rocksett
>>
>>34054812
Try torch
>>
>>34054820
>rocksett
17 bucks for 2 ounces
you're killing me

>>34054837
There is no way that's going to pop up on a google search
>>
>>34054203
Use blue. there should never be a time you would have to use red on a firearm.
red requires the item to be heated up for several minutes for it to be soft enough to remove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9zFgB8lTNM
>>
>>34054146
I get skin irritation from Aloe Vera too.
>>
>>34054837
>Try torch
oh you mean like an actual torch. Wouldn't that fuck up bluing pretty badly? I'm not worried about the rod, but the slides got a fairly nice bluing on it.
>>34054891
Red does look like way too big of a pain.
>>
>>34054932
Yeah it will
That's why you don't use red loctite on nice things
>>
I work alot with loctite for a living.

Neither will harden to the point we're you need to heat it before loosening. It all depends on tourque applied. Which for a screw will not exceed 15 nM. What are the loctites specifically?

If the blue is Loctite 240 i would go with that.

Greens are generally hard as fuck.
>>
>>34055226
Whichever I can find at a local store. Seen 240 the most iirc
>>
>>34054891
That's the joke...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.