[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the US have actual war plans for what to do if they had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

Does the US have actual war plans for what to do if they had to go to war with North Korea tomorrow?

Is there a plan that tells which brigades and regiments to attack where or will the Americans just play by ear if war comes?
>>
>>34052913
Of course there is a plan for it, the US Military even has a plan on how to deal with a zombie outbreak (seriously).
>>
>>34052913

Nah, other then general shit like counter battery fire and stuff, What units will generally do if x happens, etc.

Once the order is given to invade then brigade commanders (generally a colonel) are given objectives and assets and they have a lot of autonomy on how they want to do it, while tactically batt commanders are given some autonomy to complete the objectives given by the O6.

It's what makes western, and the US, military so effective is the lack of micromanagement at the top level. You can't make a foolproof plan if eatch bat commander is doing stuff slightly different.
>>
>>34052926
Which is weird, considering zombies (the slow shambling kind not the fuckshithorrifying 28 weeks later ones) would never become a serious threat if a few people got infected, they're way too slow.
>>
Yes, there are people in the military whose entire job is planning troop and armor movements.

If shit went down in North Korea, every set of wings and every pair of combat boots in the Pacific theater will be activated
>>
>>34052975
Not entirely true. They wargame, and that is filtered down, but they don't make hard and fast plans on how, say, a ABCT in the big red one will do.
>>
>>34052913
It's probably more of a framework than a plan. They've probably got major objectives and a containment plan worked up. Outside of that it's sort of silly to plan the 82nd will move to such and such city on such and such date with blah blah blah.
Reminds me of Ike working under Marshall. Marshall directed Ike to come up with plan to defeat the Japanese within like a few hours and present it. Obviously it wasn't comprehensive, but the outline and what needs to be accomplished is all they were looking for. Same with the Norks.
>>
>>34052913
No, they just wing it.

What a dumb as shit thread, just kys
>>
>>34052998
>wargame

This

The Korean Problem is probably a favorite at West Point and Annanpolis
>>
>>34053127
It's more a favorite at CNN and shits. No one a bit serious thinks that NK is a bigger problem than Bhutan or Malawi.
>>
>>34052966
They would be a serious threat if the virus was airborne.
>>
>>34054439
North Korea is extremely militarized and has a fanatic population. Plus they have MANPADs on all of their tanks and thats OP as fuck.
>>
>tfw America has only a single divison of their own standing across the DMZ from North Korea's four infantry CORPS and two mechanized CORPS and an armor CORPS

We learned nothing from the last time we tried to put up against mass attacks in Korea
>>
>>34054923
>completely ignoring the SK forces on the boarder
>>
>>34052966
The zombie outbreak plan is both a joke and serious plan. Joke that the undead are coming to get brains. Serious that a very contagious virus is spreading with 100 percent fatality rate.

So the military make the zombie plan to determine how it will react in a situation where mass chaos and rampant disease shows up.
>>
>>34055053

They were there last time as well, their help now will be just as useful as it was then
>>
>>34055087
(You) are an idiot.
>>
>>34052913
Of course the Pentagon has plans we have been at war since 1950 there has been no peace treaty.
>>
>>34055087
Stop being such a fucking faggot
>>
>>34055106

I fucking love that man.

I know it's mostly bravado for his troops, but god damn it's effective.
>>
>>34052913

Not an actual plan, really, but an expectation from my Korean deployment.

>Seoul will be lost within 24 hours.
>It will be regained within 72.
>Once the city is cleared, Nork artillery positions are obliterated by USN.
>The DMZ becomes everything between the 38th and China.
>>
Pretty sure they do. But the bigger question is does the US have a solid plan for what China might do?
>>
>>34055189
There might be a leftover cold war plan but for the way its modernizing now I'm not sure. I see China as a potential threat this century, but most of the focus in the news and establishment has been towards the mid east and Russia.
>>
>>34055173

Unlikely. Norks (if they have any sense) will bypass (but still surround) all major cities in a mad rush to the south the capture of all major ports and airfields.

The US fight in Korea is dependent on having a foothold on the peninsula. If the Norks can deny them that, they have a chance of actually being able to win.
>>
>>34055173
>The DMZ becomes everything between the 38th and China

How would this work?
>>
>>34055328

Chinese barb-wire their side, South Koreans stay behind their barb wire and they both look out into the largest nuclear wasteland in the world.
>>
>>34055313
Nork don't have the logistics to take all of worst Korea
>>
>>34055652

>logistics

It's about manpower, speed, and violence of action. If the Norks can't take Pusan by D+7, they've lost the war anyways. If they do take Pusan by that time, they'll have all the time in the world to get their supply lines straighten out.
>>
>>34052913
>Norks mining for intel on /k/

So crazy it might actually work
>>
>>34055677
You can't move manpower with speed and violence without damn good logistics.
>>
>>34055709
This anon get it.
>>
>>34055709

Logistics that you only need at the starting line if we're talking about an operation that is made or broken within 7 days
>>
Well gee OP, I don't know, this is our current secretary of defense, what do you think?
>>
>>34055652
I honestly don't think they've got the manpower either.
Back in 1950 NK had about 11mil, SK had about 20mil and the advantage of 1950's era technology which really isn't the same as it is today and granted the attacker a certain amount of advantage
Now, NK is around 20-25mil, SK is around 50mil and they've got the advantage in defence with modern communications to respond with force, longer ranged detection and the preparedness of 60 odd years

Their 'ace' by having millions of post civil war, experienced Chinese soldiers to pull their arse out of the fire, just don't think its there any more and China's sort of looking at going rapidly backwards by involving itself in a screaming shit fight it neither wants or needs.
>>
>>34055761
The speed of your attack doesn't matter when you don't even have the gasoline to fuel up all of your trucks. Not to mention the USAF has gotten absurdly good at fucking up enemy supply lines. It will be a miracle if NK can even get a serious force to Seoul intact.
>>
>>34055794
All hail saint mattis. Patron saint of Chaos
>>
>>34055087
The ROK has changed quite a bit since the 1950's you mong. They could easily hold back a KPA attack.
>>
File: mattis[1].jpg (55KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
mattis[1].jpg
55KB, 564x564px
>>34055106
Ya know,I'm one of those people that makes fun of Marines a lot, but their officers do tend to have the best quotes.

Pic related, my favorite. Which I had forgotten was from Mattis until I just went looking for it now.
>>
South Koreans have done nothing but trained for fighting Norks for the last 70 years. Who really thinks seriously they will lose to the North in any reasonable scneario given their advantages? The only thing the Norks have going for them is their insanity, but if a real conflict broke out their leadership would probably burst into infighting as well and purge itself to death. China will just close all borders and stay out of it.
>>
>>34055926
It's not. Stop spreading this. It's a quote from the Team Fortress sniper and everyone that spreads this around is retarded
>>
>>34056070

>implying the TF2 sniper didn't take it from Mattis

You fucking idiot

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/James_Mattis
>>
Joe Rogan had Michael Malice on and he wrote a book about North Korea. Even the first 3 minutes of the interview sort of explains everything.

Joe Rogan Experience #963 - Michael Malice

"Michael Malice is the author of Dear Reader: The Unauthorized Autobiography of Kim Jong Il"
>>
>>34052913
Pretty sure we have war-plans even for hypothetical conflict with Canada.

So it is safe to say we have one Best Korea.
>>
>>34056248

War Plan Red

And the last time that was update was the 40's
>>
File: 118_md.jpg (137KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
118_md.jpg
137KB, 480x480px
>>34056070
>>34056107
Lol BTFO Nice work Anon. Another victory for Saint Mattis.
>>
>>34056283
>implying they didn't just change the name.
>>
File: doit.png (332KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
doit.png
332KB, 500x501px
Nothing is going to happen with North Korea, ever.
>>
>>34055087
>implying the ROK Army couldn't shitstomp the Norks even without US support
>>
>>34052913

"US" has plans for a zombie outbreak.

I can't explain to you how overly financed, and bored, the US military is. They have plans for everything.

So many toys and plans, just itching to get it going.

North Korea exists because the "US" wants them to exist. It gives them an excuse to still occupy Asia without naming China as the true reason.
>>
>>34052913
>>34052926
I hear they even have plans on who to put int camps if there is a serious war

Apparently it takes 20 or so minutes to put all black people in usa away in camps i think the incompetency the us army plays is all a kojima level grand ruse
>>
>>34054439
The problem isn't beating North Korea in a war. The problems are
A:How do you prevent them from bombing the shit out of Seoul and nuking Japan with the functioning medium range missiles they do have before you can even do anything.
And
B: What if China gets involved.

When it comes down to it, maybe thousands of dead South Koreans and Japanese is the price were going to have to pay, but for now those two reasons are why North Korea still exists. Until they actually prove themselves to be a problem and not just a meme, there's no reason to risk that kind of shitstorm.

If/when they get an ICBM capable of hitting the US... it might be a different story.
>>
>>34052913
>Does the US have actual war plans for what to do if they had to go to war with North Korea tomorrow?
Turn everything of military value in NK into rubble.
If NK uses nukes or other WMDs everything in NK gets turned into radioactive rubble.
>>
File: 1487573375968.png (350KB, 848x790px) Image search: [Google]
1487573375968.png
350KB, 848x790px
>>34052913
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5015.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5026.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5027.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5029.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5030.htm

Of course, these are not the OPLANS. They are classified. Combatant Commanders turn the OPLANS into OPORDS, basically executing the plan.

Jesus Christ the amount of misinformation in this thread would make me believe it's some sort of counterintelligence source.
>>
File: 1478836912181.jpg (44KB, 645x363px) Image search: [Google]
1478836912181.jpg
44KB, 645x363px
>>34055173
Good thing I know this is complete shit, otherwise I would have to report leaked classified intelligence.

>Seoul will be lost within 24 hours.
Absolutely not, tank walls and 7 minute grids

>It will be regained within 72.
See first thing

>Once the city is cleared, Nork artillery positions are obliterated by USN.
So the USN is going to be off the coast of S. Korea within 72 hours? Not. US Army/S Korean counter artillery plus the massive USAF presence on the peninsula would have already taken care of this.

>The DMZ becomes everything between the 38th and China.
There would be no "DE-militarized" area in this situation you dickhead.

Let me guess, your "expectation" from your Korean "deployment" was some NCO guessing shit.
>>
>>34059994
True dat

Also you have to consider how the hell you will deal with pretty much the entire North Korean population trying to migrate into South Korea afterwards, and developing the North to the Souths standards.
Germany has, or at least did until a few years ago, a tax that was only levied in the former west germany purely to be spent developing the east due to the shittyness of communism and the population of the east migrating into the west.
>>
File: bestkorea2.jpg (48KB, 440x586px) Image search: [Google]
bestkorea2.jpg
48KB, 440x586px
>>34056384
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.