[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do IS fighters keep taking over armed towns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Does the local police not have the fire power to resist an overthrow attempt?

>IS fighters took control of a part of Marawi city (200 000 + inhabitants), capital of Lanao del Sur
>Anti-terrorism jail under their control, prisoners freed
>the jail and police stations are being destroyed
>AFP (armed forces of the philippines) are on their way to counter attack
>Marawi city mayor says that IS fighters didn't face resistance from army and police
>IS linked medias spoke about a major IS operation against the philippinian army in Marawi
>AFP says that the clashes started after they tried to capture one of their leaders (Isnilon Hapilon)
>Duterte declared martial law in Mindanao for 60 days
>Heavy fog of war, government tries to downplay the situation while people on social medias are probably overexagerating
>some people are fleeing the city
>more pictures showing IS fighters inside the city today
>Black-out: no electricity in most of the city (unconfirmed)
>very few informations from there
>>
>>34052783
Ask any muzzie to denounce any part of the koohooran.
They are creaming their pants at the idea of a caliphate world power.
Saudi Arabia arms sale, and US jobs (tax generators) are related.
Now that we've gone to this deep, dark place, take it to /pol/
>>
>>34052783
because iraqis are fucking cowards, any time someone bigger and badder shows up and isnt afraid of a fight they tuck tail and run or join them
>>
>>34052817
This happened in the Phillipines.
>>
>>34052783
Because nobody wants to stop ISIS because they impose law in lawless lands.
>>
>>34052783

cripes

police & citizens generally are not trained in group actions & not ready to shoot kill & die for things
>>
the entire concept of "the Philippines" is a meme left over from when the Spanish colonized a bunch of independent island kingdoms and combined them into a single overseas colony. The situation in Marawi is just a continuation of that.

People in the southern islands don't currently and have never bought into the idea of a united "Philippines". They are ethnically, religiously, and linguistically different than someone in Manila so it's not surprising they are welcome to revolutionary movements like IS.
>>
>>34052807
Put the crack pipe down
>>
>>34053266

Im not too familiar with the situation there but i was about to post something similar to this.

Its easy to take over a town without bloodshed if the populace doesnt care for its current regime. Why fight for something you either hate or dont feel strongly about?
>>
>>34052783
>Magpul mag
>A1 upper
>That watch over arm panty hose
>that thin looking, not mil-spec PASGT
>1919 instead of PKM or some other more common soviet hardware
>airsoft gloves
>skinny manlet arms
>his well-fed buddy casually walking over

Is this even a real pic? Somehow it just screams phoney. Those two look more like airsoft kids than anyone who has ever seen conflict before.
>>
>armed town

don't most of these people live in shacks

it's not like they either notice or give a shit
>>
Do you really think some underpaid flip police with revolvers and M16A1s with shot out barrels are going to try and fight ISIS?

Are you really this stupid OP?
>>
>>34053344
its almost as if people in poor countries use whatever they can get their hands on.
>>
>>34053344
False flag
>>
>>34053185
.... Wow you really know nothing do you.
>hur dur the middle east was lawless
Fucking retards man I swear.
>>
>>34053344
>>34053387
>not expecting the philipines to have a shit load of american equipment
>im a drooling retard
pick two
>>
>>34053400
/k/ has become increasingly stupid over over the past year.
>>
>>34053344
1. The Philippines usually relies on US military to fight for them
2. That's an M2 .50 caliber, not an M1919
3. I like carry handle uppers
>>
>>34052817
sounds like goblins or orks
>>
>>34053344
>Airsofters
Idolise first world SF units
Watch lots of movies
Not enough money to buy the real deal
>Third world military
Idolise first world SF units
Watch lots of movies
Not enough money to buy the real deal
>>
>>34053284

go back to your mosque and suck allah cocque
>>
These aren't even real ISIS, more like poseurs. The Maute Group has been pulling more and more stunts like these to gain approval from actual ISIS over in the Middle East. They've had their asses handed to them every time and I don't see this turning out any differently. Massive propaganda victory though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>34054809
Maute is just one of the groups fighting in the cities, the other is Abu Sayyaf. As a matter of fact. Hapilon's call for reinforcement manage to get 100 insurgents inside the city. I would disagree with the "not real ISIS" since calling allegiance and waving their flags under their banner while trying to form connections with stronger Jihadist groups that pledge allegiances to them says alot of effort. Even then, they're well rooted inside the city since its the group's homefront. Also here's sauce since OP failed to bring some in. Any armchair generals willing to bring some thought into this?
>http://time.com/4791237/rodrigo-duterte-martial-law-philippines/
>>
File: 1419659287298.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1419659287298.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>34052783
you know what anon, you are going to ask the same thing when north korea over runs south korea, or when MURRICA lose iraq for the 3rd time
The answer is simple, your team can have much bigger guns than the other team, but when your team have no will to fight, then your team will lose.
>>
>>34052824
He's not wrong though. Even if the greentexted people is a different one than the one he just talked about.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.