[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teach me about Rhodesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1403.png (320KB, 2560x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1403.png
320KB, 2560x1280px
I want to learn about Rhodesia without using kikepedia, any tips
>>
Go to a libarry.
>>
go back to /pol/
>>
>>34052439
rude
>>
File: diamonds.jpg (29KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
diamonds.jpg
29KB, 564x752px
Very simplified but:
>20th century decolonization and cold war, Rhodesia is the bread basket of Africa, literally almost European tier economy and very wealthy compared to other nations on the continent
>Brits want to leave and give Rhodesia a black government but its ruled by a small white minority elite much like in South Africa or any other colonized nation
>Trouble ensues
>Rhodesia declares independence (the first nation to do so against the British empire since the USA)
>For some Blacks (Many blacks fought for government against communism) the war is about black emancipation and rights
>From some Rhodies (Many fought for equal rights for blacks) perspective the war is about stopping communism (Rebels backed by commies)
>Gradually Rhodesia transforms into Zimbabwe after gradual concessions as the government can't win as the deck gets more and more stacked against them (better trained troops [selous scouts are the embodiment of counter insurgency also having black and white troops so /pol/ btfo, fire force was ingenious and brilliant, and operation Dingo and Eland are literally top tier operations that make the IDF look like Italians] but literally North Korea level sanctions on them from the UN and their biggest backer is Portugal compared to China and the USSR for rebels, eventually Portugal stops backing them) giving blacks power and Ian smith giving power to a Rebel leader Mugabe
>The rest is history
The war is very interesting actually with heroes and villains on both sides, and interesting blend of cold war/colonialism/racism with everyone loosing in the end as Mugabe becomes a dictator and no one getting votes that count. Such a shame as an English man as well because every figure on the governments side during the Bush war loads of gov figures were WW2 British heroes, Ian Smith the PM was a decorated spitfire pilot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmmUVLiJVPU
>>
>>34052605
OP here, thanks for the info man
>>
File: 1492665984078.png (399KB, 732x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1492665984078.png
399KB, 732x2251px
>>
>>34052429

use the internet tardboy

search for.......... hmmm...... what possibly ?

r h o d e s i a
>>
>>34052933
Very cool read

Holy fuck Mugabe what did you do man
>>
File: p8xg4f4R.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
p8xg4f4R.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>34052433
>>34052439
>>34053008
So you guys came here just to say that
>>
>>34053094
Thanks Kanye
>>
File: IMG_0782.png (454KB, 680x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0782.png
454KB, 680x373px
>>34052933
Thanks man, I've been looking for this, take this spicy Mike Pence meme as a symbol of my gratitude
>>
>>34052439
Pol hates the rodies because they had blacks fighting for them.
Fuck off Reddit
>>
File: Simply smashing.jpg (107KB, 652x782px) Image search: [Google]
Simply smashing.jpg
107KB, 652x782px
>>34053841
Nah /pol/ loves that shit for 2 reasons:
1. Use it to show that Anglos betray Anglos and are perfidious pushing their Axis/Naziboo agenda
2. Use it to show that Blacks can't run countries or fight pushing their racist agenda (despite best Rhodie unit being mixed and Blacks and whites fighting on both sides)
/pol/ fucking sucks man
>>
>>34053841
I was making a map for /pol/ and everyone kept telling me to add Rhodesia. No one, except for the commies, hates Rhodesia
>>
File: knig.jpg (71KB, 412x600px) Image search: [Google]
knig.jpg
71KB, 412x600px
>>34053094

fuck off nigger
>>
>>34054114
>despite best Rhodie unit being mixed and Blacks and whites fighting on both side
right
but the country was government by a white minority.
>>
>>34055691
And when the white minority allowed blacks to rule, it all turned to shit
Coincidence?
>>
>>34055712
of course not
thats my point
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.