[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knifes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: case-trapper-black.jpg (972KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
case-trapper-black.jpg
972KB, 1600x1200px
I do not know shit about weapons. I have never fired a gun. call me a cuck or pussy or whatever the insult is but I am trying to change that. Rich ass uncle told me I need a pocket knife and would give me two weeks and up to a hundred bucks to get one. Switchblades are legal in my location but I don't know about reliability. Any suggestions? No mall ninja bull please.
>>
>>34046038
We need more info. Looking for just a blade? Something like a SAK?
>>
>>34046038
opinel
victorinox
izula
buck 110
>>
Probably just a blade, A full SAK might be a bit much.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34046038
Go finger fuxk some, decide which lock action you like, and pick something that isn't garbage.

Also, don't buy something you're scared to beat on a little, defeats the purpose of an edc blade.
>>
>>34046139
Op, no one here is gonna call you a cuck just because you haven't shot a gun yet, that's retarded, well except for the /pol/ faggots, but they're retarded so ignore them.
Also, honestly a basic bitch gerber folding pocket knife should do you just fine, like 20 or 30 burger bucks depending on where you're at.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34046038
Sak Pioneer is a good choice

I would recommend any one of these for edc

All depends on features you like
>>
I have heard the quality of the steel can have a large impact on the strength of the blade, Is there a way to know I am not getting pig iron?
>>
File: Gerber pocket knife.jpg (69KB, 1500x711px) Image search: [Google]
Gerber pocket knife.jpg
69KB, 1500x711px
OP,

Every man should have a pocket knife. My grandfather gave me my first pocket knife when I was 6. It was a black Craftsman pocket knife. Lost it long ago.

I have carried pic related for the past 5 years. Its a great blade is perfect for every day carry. Costs like $18.
>>
>>34046192
As long as they dont just label it "stainless steel" you're usually fine. Also, do you know how to sharpen a knife ? If not then it doesn't really matter
>>
If you want the respect of old people go get a wood handle old timer or buck or something. If you want a decent locking blade, spiderco are fantastic, krenshaws are hit or miss. A lot Of people like the skyline though.

Its really up to preference though. Best thing I could recommend, find a sporting goods store with a veriety, get the guy to pull things out. Get I feel for what you like. And what you want in a knife.
For instance, I like a simple not flashy design, good secur lock, decent metal, 3 in or less, pocket clip that doesn't suck.
Find styles you like. See what feels good in your hand and pay attention to quality.
100 bucks is a good buget, you'll be able to find a great knife for that, don't think that you have to get something super expensive, don't worry about price just find what you like
>>
>>34046038
real steel h6 or manly comrade
>>
I have a kitchen knife sharpener, With pocket knifes is it advised to go the extra mile with a sharpening stone?
>>
>>34046282
It really depends on the steel and the angle the edge is made. So pretty much what ever knife you decide to go with. For the sake of learning into knife it would probably behoove you to get a proper whet stone and learn how to use it.
Dont cheap out and get a 10$ one. With that said you do have to blow a ton of money into a dimond edge or anything. About 50-60$ will get you a nice one that you can pass down to your kids.
>>
File: IMG_3811_zps6c734051.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3811_zps6c734051.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
>>34046139
>>
>>34046405
lol I use a $3 one and get edges that easily shave arm hair.
>>
File: IMG_2165.jpg (91KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2165.jpg
91KB, 620x620px
Just don't fuck it up
>>
>>34046038

I edc a Kershaw Thermite, I like it because I have somewhat large hands and its perfect for my grip. If you plan on concealing, make sure you look up your local laws. I doubt a cop is going to search you and say, 'HEY, THAT'S .3 INCHES OVER LEGAL', but you never know.
>>
Those pant catch opening knifes seem pretty practical, anyone have experience with them?
>>
Buy a Kershaw Skyline and a Leatherman Wingman. With tax and adding on a $5 sheath for the Wingman, you should come in just under your 4100 target, and have two fine tools instead of one.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34046753
Carry one every day. I like it a lot
>>
File: 419671.jpg (152KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
419671.jpg
152KB, 1200x1200px
>>34046038
Opinel No.8 for babby's first knife.

CRKT M16 for a more serious folder. I carry the M16-02Z.
>>
>>34046038
I am a poorfag so I just have a few kershaws and sanrenmus. Kershaw is pretty good for the price. Most of their knives have flippers and many have flippers with assisted opening. I like that. There are some nicer kershaws like the knockout that are made in the USA, but the cheap ones are from China. I've yet to get one of the USA Kershaws, but people say they're a lot nicer. You can get a Chinese made kershaw like the volt, chill or the OSO sweet for around 25-30USD. The knockout is around 125.

Sanrenmu is a Chinese company that makes knives for some of the other brands. If you search sanrenmu in amazon or aliexpress you can find knives for around 8-12 usd, shipped directly from China.

Kershaw makes use of 8Cr13MoV steel in its cheaper knives. It's decent. Better than whats used in the Gerbers at wallmart but far from the best. It has corrosion resistance, and it takes and holds an edge fairly well. My one complaint with the material is that it chips easier than some of the more pricey steels. This is especially noticable on thin edges and pointy tips. The more expensive kershaws have nicer steels. If you want an inexpensive edc that is still not a piece of crap I would say get a 8Cr13Mov knife.

If you want to go better than just a budget edc, check out Benchmade, Emerson and ZT. ZT is the high end brand of the company that owns Kershaw. Cold Steel varies widely in price and quality, but they always seem to be a little pricey for what they are. CRKT is a overpriced too imo, but they have cool designs.
>>
File: SP10FPBKnw[1].jpg (76KB, 1500x840px) Image search: [Google]
SP10FPBKnw[1].jpg
76KB, 1500x840px
Spyderco endura 4 full flat ground no serrations.
A perfect companion that is easy to open and close with a above average steel. It will serve you a long time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.