[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ommandos, what do you think of the xr9? Bond Arms are going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bond-bullpup-animation.gif (532KB, 648x360px) Image search: [Google]
bond-bullpup-animation.gif
532KB, 648x360px
/k/ommandos, what do you think of the xr9? Bond Arms are going to release a new version soon that they have tinkered on so that it's more reliable and cheaper, and with the cool look and unique design, I am tempted. However, with the price starting at $1000 or so, and planning to just make it go down to $900, I want some info first.

Or, if you don't want to do that, unique guns and actions thread
>>
>>34043707
$900 honestly doesn't sound like a bad MSRP, but I'm not sure why you would want to buy it unless you're rich enough for your average gun budget to be well over $1000. I guess it'd make a good CC but people will still prefer more proven designs that are only slightly bulkier.
>>
I like my XR9-L.

I like the coating that Bond is using on the barrel to supposedly eliminate the need for the anti-seize lube.

The L is a bit less ammo picky than the S due to slightly reduced slide velocity on recoil. I don't know how the Bond will compare.

Trigger pull is quite long but smooth as snot on waxed paper. There is no stacking or a wall if you're wanting to stage the trigger though.

My biggest gripe is that it lacks a last-round-hold-open.
>>
>>34043707

It's a solution looking for a problem
>>
>>34043707
I really like the concept, and want one just for the hell of it, but with the price tag, and the amount of little issues surrounding it, I'm gonna hold off on buying one
>>
>>34043816
Last round hold open on these would be practically useless. You have to rack the slide to lift a round up for feeding.
>>
File: cutaway1.jpg (40KB, 470x324px) Image search: [Google]
cutaway1.jpg
40KB, 470x324px
>>34043707
>bullpup pistol
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't most slide-operated pistols be bullpups? Those clamps that grab the next cartridge seem to be the defining feature, but I'm not sure how that qualifies it as a bullpup.
>>
>>34044054
>A bullpup is a firearm with its action behind its trigger group
Look at your picture. The action on a regular pistol happens right above the trigger, because rounds are fed forward from the magazine that is directly behind the trigger.

Look at Ops pic. In this case, instead of sliding a round forward from the mag, it pulls it out back, and then slides it forward. The action stays right above the magazine, and is thus behind the trigger group.

How is this hard to understand?
>>
Bullpups are immediately appealing on a rifle because it adds several inches. Bullpup pistols will add maybe a half-inch.
>>
>>34044467
That's still something to consider when concealing.
>>
>>34044776
I'm not convinced a half-inch of length saved will be better than a thinner gun. A bullpup of this design has to be bulky. Width has a much bigger effect on printing and comfort.
>>
>>34043707
This particular action could be adapted to rifles, increasing the barrel length without making the rifle a "proper" bullpup (with all the problems of bullpups).
>>
>>34044230
Okay, I see now. The barrel is over the magazine column and there's an almost shotgun-style elevator system in the back.

That seems really pointless.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.