[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did you gents do after your enlistment? my four years as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11

File: 1438493207891.jpg (215KB, 1700x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1438493207891.jpg
215KB, 1700x1133px
what did you gents do after your enlistment? my four years as an 0331 are about to be over and im considering going to FSU or UF to get a degree in mech engineering.
>>
>>34042221
also im not sure how ill cope with school. i was a c student in high school and i hated that shit but i don't want to be a degenerate my whole life either.
>>
>>34042263
get into a trade. i'm going to school for gunsmithing.
>>
>>34042221
Good to have another local vet
>>
>>34042263
Suck it up, treat it as a full-time job, put in the work, especially don't fuck off on the homework, you are getting paid to go to school.
Can you cram in any more Tuition Assistance, or take any CLEP courses (or anything similar) that you pay for out-of-pocket? Can you knock out your general education stuff at a community college before using the GI Bill? GI Bill is pretty good for undergrad, but amazing for covering grad school costs, since grad schools can be fuck-ton more expensive than public undergrad. So, if you can save as much of it as possible for the final years of your education, you'll be better off, long-term. I just needed a year in undergrad to get a good BA, the tuition for that was only like $2k/term. If I wasn't broke as shit, I would have paid for that out-of-pocket. I still have 3 academic years left for law school, which will cost like $50k per year.

Also, save up to cover living expenses until GI Bill kicks in, they pro-rate and they only pay you at the end of the month, so you have rent due Aug 1 and your school starts Aug 14, VA will deposit half the MHA on Aug 30. I'm so fucked this summer, moving to SF, rent is obscene, strongly considering selling plasma. I will probably have to sell some of my firearms, but at least I have some semi-duplicates.
>>
Since the Army' just kicked me out after a career ending injury at Airborne school, I'm going to get my graduate degree. I joined the Army to get away from academia for a while, and now I have no choice but to go right back in. Oh well.
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>34042221
>UF
I go here. It's okay. Gainesville fucking sucks. Lots of sluts though but FSU has that and more shit going on in Tallynasty. Pic semi related freedom of speech ball bullshit.
>>
>>34042473
>career ending injury at Airborne school
so glad i was a leg. sucks for you though man. gl in school.
>>
>>34042497
I fell for the 18x meme.

>Tfw people say thank you for your service at the airport as you go home
>tfw you never did anything beyond go to OSUT and get rekt at airborne

At least I got to do a bit of SUT at OSUT.
>>
>>34042221
Got out, used GI Bill for one of the most expensive undergrad educations in the country, all paid for, then went and got my masters all paid for too. My schools helped me out a lot but damn it feels good having an MA and no debts. Wish I didn't get injured in Iraq to earn it though.

Seriously use your resources the best you can. Save a portion (any amount) of your GI bill and get Vocational Rehab too with full GI Bill allowances so long as you haven't already exhausted them.
>>
>>34042375
Don't?
>>
>>34042473
How'd that happen anon? Sheeeit, I've got an option 4 attached to my contract so now I'm worried about jump school.
>>
>>34042263
Stay in the military.

College is a huge scam.
>>
>>34042632
>Stay in the military.
>College is a huge scam.

Nigger, the military is a scam too.
>>
>>34042221
Recovering from injuries
Started a small business contracting engineering work, did a bit of travelling
Running farm in between with family
Met a nice girl, married her
>>
>>34042509
Oh, me too, bro!
(me)>>34042442

If you do well enough with your GI Bill funded shit, then you're going to be more competitive for scholarships for the other shit. Although some places don't give you both; University of California offered me 16k p/a off of the 45k p/a price tag, but since I'm using GI Bill I can go pound sand. I was hoping to save a bit more for anything post-JD, but fuck me, right? Not sure how I can convince Voc Rehab to pay for an enhancement of a grad degree, any suggestions?
>>
File: 1354151886.jpg (96KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1354151886.jpg
96KB, 390x390px
>>34042221
became a full-time neet and lived off of unemployment insurance and 40% disability pay
>>
>>34042615

>tfw you realize the most important aspect of being an oper8r is just learning to embrace the suck on another level

My whole OSUT company was 18x, all our DS were SF, one was even CAG. We were part of some pilot program to see how they could increase success rates for 18x to meet the Army's demand for 18 series soldiers. While we did get to do some cool stuff the other infantry OSUT companies didn't, usually it just came down to enjoying more suck. Week 3 we did a 12 mile ruck in 3 hours with full ruck, IOTV, helmet, and rifle. They made us wear our pro masks for most of it. So yeah, I feel pretty oper8r.
>>
>>34042221
>what did you gents do after your enlistment?

Went to BCC/EFSC to get my two year, finishing up my undergrad at UCF, and then headed to Texas A&M for my graduate in the fall.
>>
>>34042263
>also im not sure how ill cope with school. i was a c student in high school and i hated that shit but i don't want to be a degenerate my whole life either.
Me again >>34042947

I was the exact same way. The only reason I didn't drop out of high school and go to Job Corps was because I wanted to wrestle.

College/University is completely different. You'll very likely do better because you'll be challenged more and you'll be able to take classes you're actually interested in.
>>
>>34042221

Army infantry right now gonna get a trade when I get out.
>>
>>34042259
Currently in the NZ Army and thinking about doing the exact same set-up as you. Any way I can chat to you for some ideas and info?
>>
>>34042221
I commissioned :^)
>>
>>34043135
>I commissioned :^)

Cool. While you were doing ROTC bullshit getting a degree in elementary education or criminal justice he can enjoy school, concentrate on academics and still be able to party because no ROTC labs and bullshit, be old enough to buy alcohol, and have younger traditional student sluts on his dick.
>>
>>34043153
I was enlisted m80, got a degree in mech eng, then commissioned in the coast guard kek.
>>
>>34043156
I triple majored in mech engineering, electrical engineering, and 74D chess, commissioned int the NASA space forces as a space SEAL, and then became president of the United States as well as director of NCIS.
>>
>>34043161
dang dude, that's cool shit. should have done that. I'm just a pleb sitting in eastern washington :(
>>
O331's for life! Semper fi brother!
>>
>>34043189
You should have just got a small loan of $10 mil from your dad.
>>
>>34042442
Couldn't agree more. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for not using my GI Bill st community college which is pennies on the dollar compared to the down the road cost.
>>
>>34043513
Pretty much want to know everything about your set-up.

Garden/food, power, water, sewage, heating, sluts. The whole she-bang.
>>
>>34042684
I'm assuming that you did not pass selection then? How was it?
>>
>>34042221
Served 7 years. Drank cheap whisky every day for 18 months, on top of the 5+ years on the job. Played Fallout 4. Got fat. Adopted a cat, and she's the best. Enrolled in local college and starting in a couple weeks. Feels good to have goals again. If you are a Texas resident anon, look into the Hazelwood act.
>>
>>34042221
FSU engineering student here. It's a trash program. Go to a different school or pick a different major
>>
>>34043611
Living the dream, mate. Im probably going to opt for one of those 'tiny home' meme trailers. Get solar and a wind turbine, and hopefully get land with a water bore - or build a big storage shed and use the roof as rain collection.
>>
Look for some veteran scholarships. There is usually a couple you can get. In GA, i use this one called the hero scholarship where I get 1000 a semester just from having been deployed to Afghanistan while a GA resident. I'm sure your state has some too.
>>
>>34043688
Can't be much different from living like a shepherd or contract hunter in the high country.
>>
>>34042221

OP,

You might also look at Industrial Engineering. I went Electrical Engineering after getting out. I enjoyed the classes and it led to a career in upper management but most of the projects I really enjoyed were more industrial and mechanical applications.

The actual electronic piece were just the controls, which don't need an EE degree to program or understand.

Mechanical and Industrial with knowledge of logic and drive controls is a very flexible and interesting job.
>>
>>34043733
Sounds like you need to shack up with a hippy kinda girl.
>>
>>34042263

MechE student here:

Don't take cal 2 along with other hard science classes if you can avoid it.
CLEP out of everything possible. Speak with an advisor first.
>>
I just got out of the marine corps as an 1833 not too long ago, I wake up regreting leaving every day. I work in a warehouse now and even though on most weeks I make double what I did in the corps, I fucking hate it. Civilian jobs are so boreing and repetitive, plus everybody is a huge faggot and you cant even call them out on it.
>>
>>34042221
Started school and only went for a semester before doors opened because I saved all my pennies and wasn't forced to rely on a paper degree to do what I wanted.
Building equity in 80 acres of land as part of the family farm and my own business/building in town too. Love my work in both places.
Finishing school seemed pointless when I already had what I wanted. Still got that GI bill if things go south for some reason.
>>
File: 20170513_180132.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_180132.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>34042221
ME notes.

Its a lot of math in the school part, lots and lots of careful unit conversion. Once you're graduated what really makes a good engineer is not math so much as logic and reasoning in applying the PRINCIPLES of the math you learned to solve physical problems.

Any math major autist can spaz out calculus, a good engineer sees something in the physical world and has an idea how to improve or fix it spatially then uses math to get there.

If this is too heady for ya you should be a mechanic rather than a mechanical engineer, both make good money.
>>
>>34044699
hey ian
>>
>>34044734
Sup.
>>
>>34042477
good woodworkers and custom furniture makers are highly valued and can sell their work for obscene profits
>>
>>34044162
unrelated lurker, soon-to-be M.Eng student here, any advice?
>>
>>34042263
>high school
>he actually thinks this is somehow relevant.
Ive seen 100% retarded people get phd.
I also have one you just have to stick to it.
>>
go to UF, FSU is gross.

t. Gator
>>
>>34044897

I doubt seriously that you have a PhD and yes High School is important. If you can't pass algebra in High School, you are not going to become an Engineer. Everyone is good at something and High School starts to show what direction you should head.

You are at a major disadvantage if you can't CLEP out of at least 3 math classes (calculus, trig, planar geometry), first year physics, and at least one year of chemistry. The more you CLEP out of the easier your class schedule will be.

High School can get you out of around 5 classes and give you a great indication of what your abilities are so you can plan what education path to continue, that is pretty relevant, doctor........PhD in BS isn't a real post graduate degree.
>>
>>34044954
Good advice but just want to add, the disadvantage described here is more logistics than aptitude.

I'm stuck taking calculus and physics classes that I could have avoided by working harder in high school, but, the people I'm taking these classes from now are ME professors and ME/CE students (your program may vary), and its advantageous to be learning that stuff with an ME slant on everything. Everything I'm leaning now is referential to ME, whereas taking that stuff in high school 10 years ago and walking into level 2 ME stuff a decade later would have bit me in the ass for sure.

It has cost me time and money, but, the learning process has been stellar speaking personally. There are poindexters that will think I'm a blue collar dunce, but it's fine, going for a BS in ME is a different than a Phd in Mathematics, and those types of guys are fucking autistic when it comes to real world applications of building shit better.

To OP:
It all boils down to aptitude and work ethic. Logistics can make things convenient or inconvenient, but are always flexible if you're smart and work hard. Don't let inconvenience stop you from reaching your potential.
>>
>>34042263
T R A D E S C H O O L
College is a meme. Learn a real skill.
t. College student
>>
>>34042221
>after enlistment
>after
>implying
life or nothin
>>
>>34043646
As much as it pains me to say it, go to UF for an engineering degree. But prepare to have no social life.

t. FSU student who has friends in engineering at both schools
>>
>>34045546
>But prepare to have no social life
Eh I don't know if that's a result of any particular major. I'm not in STEM but the age/maturity gap is pretty massive after getting out. I have made friends through work and dating but I have nothing in common with most of the teens in my classes. Even if you don't see yourself as being different try going to a house party and you will be like holy fuck these kids are dumb.
>>
>>34045490

It sounds like you are going to a much better functional university than I did.

I went to UTA, which is not well known but is known for their EE program.

All of the math, physics, and chemistry classes are taught by PEs and are very generic and quite frankly incompetently taught. Luckily I had a very sound background from High School because are Physics 2 PE was Chinese and could barely speak english and every he said about Physics was wrong. I ended up teaching most of the classes.

Graduating was not a sign that you could learn it was a sign that you already knew everything.

High School is not likely to stop you from learning anything you are motivated and dedicated to learn but it can determine which paths may be easier and which will be harder.

CLEPing out of any workload at the University level is just a big plus.
>>
>>34045661

* hating posting on a phone

much better functional sounds very scholastic...

I also hate spotting street signs and vehicles
>>
>>34045661
>Physics 2 PE was Chinese
That sounds fucking awful. I'm going to transfer to OIT for my 3rd and 4th year, keeping my fingers crossed as far as teachers go.
>>
>>34043599
I never went to selection, I don't know if you've heard but the Ft. Benning Area has been having a ton of storms and tornadoes lately. I had a bad jump in Airborne where my primary failed to deploy and my reserve (which you can't steer) wasn't up to the weather conditions we had that day. Wind battered me like Ike battered Tina and by the time I landed proper PLF wasn't enough.
>>
File: 193478921.gif (16KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
193478921.gif
16KB, 750x750px
>tfw you just wanna fix motorcycles all day but don't wanna make scrubbux

Welding here I come.
>>
>>34044699
>ME notes.
It's interesting to compare how hard basic mechanics like that seemed to me when I was learning it at school and how easy it seems to me now. You'll (probably) never actually get to calculate it on paper again once you're out of school tho.
Also, calculating in pounds, feet and looks like a nightmare t b h.

t. European mechanical engineer
>>
File: twitterlogo-usf-hex (1).png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
twitterlogo-usf-hex (1).png
18KB, 500x500px
>>34042442

Eyy, just don't go to USF for college if you move here.

The whole student body is nothing but the worst spoiled entitled millenial stereotypes and uber-libcucks even by SF standards.

Plus tuition is fuckspensive and the administration try to get sheisty as fuck with your GI Bill money if you don't constantly watch them.

However the Koret gym is baller and probably one of the most cost-effective places in the city to get your /fit/ on if you're into that.
>>
>>34046040

>just wanna fix motorcycles all day but don't wanna make scrubbux
>Welding here I come.

You mean meth addiction?
>>
>>34046087
Nah, going to UC Tenderloin. Just need to figure out how to cover my rent for this summer. Know anyone hiring for a summer job that only requires one strong hand?
>>
>>34042494
honestly both are shit unless you like the company of 19-20 year old's that are still optimistic

i do not
>>
>>34046087
not b8, but if you don't mind me asking how do you afford living there? I thought about going there but even with the yellow ribbon program there was just no way I could afford COL near campus.
>>
>>34046115

But anon, I don't take the drugs.
>>
>>34046115
Welding is a god job, what meth addict welders do you know?
>>
File: AK-Subs.jpg (253KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
AK-Subs.jpg
253KB, 490x367px
>>34046159

I don't live near campus.

I lived in Daly City for a while and now I live in the Outer Sunset.

Since USF has the free MUNI gibsmedat included with tuition I just use that to commute.

The reason people say SF is impossible without fuckoff money is because they only look in the trendy hipster neighborhoods like the Mission, SOMA and Haight while falling for the unnecessary car meme.

There's plenty of just fine neighborhoods that all these pussy transplants think are too "sketchy" (meaning not majority white and gentrified) for them.

t. born and raised in SF
>>
>>34046199

The ones that did it just because they wanted to be self-employed and redneck rig cars and motorcycles all day and don't want a job that actually makes them work hard.

This was the majority of "welders" that I know from growing up in my bumfuck cowtown. All the people with skills and at least two brain cells to rub together left for better prospects.
>>
>>34046378

I see where you're coming from, given how I'd worded myself.

What I meant was:

I'm considering going for a Welding Engineering Degree at a nearby four year university, and then using that to find legitimate work that I'll be able to enjoy doing. Then, I can keep the other aspiration as a hobby.
>>
>>34042221
I did pretty much that, right down to the mechanical engineering degree. Now I'm a contractor working for the AF and I spend my days yelling at dumb shit ground crews for not following maintenance plans and breaking F16s.
>>
>>34044204

>Irrelevant trackbabby
>Can't function outside of the military

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>34042221

try to forget ever being in the military...mixed results though.
>>
>>34046701
Real welders work fucking hard on pipeline, boiler and other demanding work. Some low-speed MIG gun operator on a production line is a different and lesser creature.

If you would know useful things about welding careers, check the AWS website and welding forums.

http://www.aws.org/

If you want to be a good welding engineer, become a good welder. You'll design better weldments that are easier to produce and you'll have fun doing it.
>>
>>34046040
You won't want to fix motorcycles for retail customers all day. Nothing kills enthusiasm like making bike wrenching a job. That's why I part time at my mentor's shop for fun (I'm retired) and wrench my stuff at my nice home shop.

Welding goes with machining. See if you have the eyesight, coordination and talent for welding. If not, consider machining instead. Much comfier job and there's a shortage of machinists because the old one retired during the Recession and guidance counsellors send their morons into the trades classes where most of them wash out without becoming machinists because they are stupid tech-averse dindus.

Machining is huge fun which is why many machinists have home shops and work for pleasure well into old age. It's a neat community.
>>
>>34043678
Lottery money is nice too.
>>
>>34042473
>feet and knees together

You had one fucking job....
>>
>>34042623
Different anon here. An injury at jump school is very rare, as long as you do what the instructors tell you. If you do get hurt and you followed the instructions, that's honestly a freak accident scenario.

t. a guy who went through airborne school
>>
File: 1470186253722.jpg (385KB, 800x938px) Image search: [Google]
1470186253722.jpg
385KB, 800x938px
>>34042221
Former 11C here
>Lived with my parents for 2 years
>Saved money and moved to Boston
>Married a girl with a degree in medicine
>She makes a little more than me and I work construction with crackheads
>Get benefits for PTSD, back injury, and destroyed knees
>Expecting our first baby in August
>Happiest person alive
>Not reenlisting was the best choice of my life
>>
>>34042221
If you just want to make dat cash, go comp sci. If you like comp sci, go comp sci. Job market for a good CS is amazing these days.

>>34042263
Was a lazy sack if shit in HS, found I loved programming, make nice money now. Find something you like AND can get paid for. If you can't find a degree for it, college isn't for you.
>>
>>34048168

9 year BMW mechanic here, I'll back up two parts to this advice

>Don't try to make a hobby into a career. It sucks the fun out of the hobby side of it, I used to be a car enthusiast, now I bitch about the cool cars because they all have bitchy complaints and no money, I make the best money off the plane jane boring normal cars
>Working on motorcycles in general sucks, at least compared to cars

Also I have a question to you regarding machining. I hate my job and want to get out, is my years of experience as a mechanic enough to get me in the door anywhere realistically or will I require schooling?
>>
>>34042221
>US Army
>4 years
>68W combat medic
>got out
>moved in with a sibling to get life figured out
>got a job in a restaurant waiting tables
>going to local university on GI Bill
>want kill myself every single day

Sometimes all I want is just to go back and wear that sweaty ass uniform, carry that heavy ruck and a rifle and just get filthy and be as crude and vulgar with my brothers as possible.
>>
>>34042263
I never planned on being a college student so I only went to Algebra 1 in high school.
Now, at 26, I'm out of the army and last semester I started university for the first time.
I had to take a placement test to know which math to take and i was in developmental math. My teacher literally taught the same shit to middle schoolers as her other job.

Math is something you WILL forget if you don't use it, and if it's been years like it was for me, you're fucked.
I'm about 3 semesters behind just because i have to take remedial math classes
>>
>>34042221
Was 11B. I got out and worked as a contractor doing drywall and painting houses. I went back in and here I am drinking myself to death on a Tuesday night. Still 11B. Will probably finish my last 12 years and die of cancer or some shit a few years after retiring as a ssg. fml
>>
>>34048722
...lewd?
>>
>>34043211
I never know if these posts are ironic or not
>>
Y'all think you such a hero witcho big boot buzz cut 'Yes Sir!' face ass boyyy
>>
>>34048048
The longer I'm out the more I think about it and miss it
>>
>>34048784
I was so close man. Getting out was the scariest thing I'd ever done. After Afghanistan and Djibouti(boring af), being a civilian scared the shit out of me. Those first 2 years all I did was contemplate suicide thinking I was going nowhere and wished I stayed in. Don't let those fuckers turn you into a statistic.
>>
>>34048827
You're the first troll to suggest we're heroes. Thanks!
>>
BRO

GO TO FSU

SO MANY HOT DUMB FLORIDA SLUTS

THEY WILL LOVE A FORMER MIL DUDE.

DO ITTTT
>>
>>34042375
There are schools for that?
>>
>>34048994
Been out about 10 months, and that's what I'm experiencing.
I feel like my life is at a standstill. I'm working a wage slave job while going to school for something that will take me probably 5 years to get a degree.

Am I really supposed to do this shit for 5 more years and just go through the motions pretending I'm happy?
>>
>>34048313
>>34042623
>>34048472

We jumped during very inclement weather, there were tornado warnings all around the area when we jumped, and for some reason they had us jump with some obscene wind gust. We had something like 13 calm gusting to 20 mph winds. Combine that with a failure to deploy on my primary and things didn't go so well...feet and knees together or not.
>>
>>34048809
Nope I was a in for 4 years and loved it now I'm in school and wish I was back
>>
I got out recently and am working a decent job until I start attending the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding. If I can't get a job after that as a shipwright then I'll just ride my bicycle around the country and live off of my huge ethereum gains.
>>
Went from 13F in the army to being a network engineer at an IT firm.
>>
File: JacksonBro.jpg (62KB, 427x582px) Image search: [Google]
JacksonBro.jpg
62KB, 427x582px
>>34049211

Trade Schools are dangerously underrated in this day and age. There's been a decent explosion of middle class jobs and people who work a lot of overtime to barely make ends meet and no time to handle small tasks like simple home electrical and plumbing issues.

Blue collar workers that are self employed and have the right organization and initiative are highly rewarded in the western markets.
>>
>>34042509
>I fell for the 18x meme.
Me too. 11 years later I'm still in Group Support and realized that I've gotten to do pretty much everything a long tabber does except graduate SWCS and wear a green hat. Feels breddy gud.
>>
>>34043669
>Im probably going to opt for one of those 'tiny home' meme trailers.

You'd be wiser to copy his use of a site office trailer which if in the US you can find for FAR less money than he paid. Check Craigslist as a start. Site office trailers offer much better construction, more useful, and more space.

Space isn't evil, it's useful when it's not expensive.
>>
>>34049211
Yes, but most gunsmiths don't make very good money. If you want to work on (and make) firearms, train as a machinist instead. They are far more skilled than most gunsmiths, and gunsmithing involves machining.

Formal machinist training is the best way to learn metal. Fucking about with some Grizzly junk mill at home Bubba'ing milsurp is not.
>>
>>34049430
What do you do at GSB?
>>
>>34042473
Is it true that it's pretty standard for airborne guys to get double knee or hip replacements in their 30s? Because of all the jumps apparently
>>
>>34049291

I'm glad you're still alive anon. Good luck with graduating.
>>
>>34052036
Eh, I have friends that are in their 30s having spent their whole career in Ranger Batt and yeah, their hips and knees are fucked. I wouldn't say its standard or even common to have hip/knee replacement surgery unless they had an acute injury. That being said, I'm sure it's not uncommon either. But a full hip replacement surgery is a big deal, and would be hard to return to duty with. I had a full knee reconstruction surgery after my injury and it's gonna require many months, if not years just to be able to run correctly again.

>>34053551
Lol yeah right, the moment the Army saw I was getting a full knee reconstruction surgery they moved my ass to med board. I'm now officially a disabled veteran of the meme wars.
>>
Got back into school a little while ago, got depressed and just smoked a lot of weed. I'm still doing that right now. My grades are slipping, somewhat. Maintaining a 3.57 GPA at the moment so I guess I'm not doing too badly.
>>
>>34042632
> I can't handle real life
>>
>Tfw final year of RMC
>Going to be commissioned next year
>If I pass
>Still don't know enough french to graduate
>Still shit at math
>Might not graduate
Fuck boys, wat do
>>
>>34042263

Coming out of enlistment at 22 or older will have a profound effect on how successful you can be in college (both academically and socially). I saw this all the time with prior-service cadets that came into West Point after being enlisted for 2 or 3 years. While they weren't as academically talented as kids that made it in right after high school, generally speaking, they compensated with a more mature attitude towards their studies and military duties.

Priors were also disproportionately successful in sleeping with the limited number of female cadets. This would be magnified several times in normal colleges that have more women than men.

See:
http://terminallance.com/2014/08/12/terminal-lance-339-life-after-eas-college/

However, this isn't confined to only veterans. Taking time off between high school and college by traveling or simply getting a job can give you a comparative advantage when you do go to college because young men especially have A LOT of growing up to do between 18 and 22.
>>
I drifted up and down the West Coast and Southwest for like 4 months after I got out, now Im applying for border patrol because I miss the suck
>>
>>34052036
Just depends really.

I have an absurdly high amount of jumps for my time in service and I've yet to get an injury from it.

I have neck and back pain, but nothing I'd consider chronic. I've had 2 concussions from jumps from landing awkwardly and fucking up my fall.

Some people's genes and bodies are glass though, don't mean to sound like a dick but some people are also little bitches looking for excuses for a pity party and will use any chance of an injury and milk it.

When it comes to jumps though all it takes is one jump that you fuck your landing up on. A lot of dudes who get injured came from circumstances with mid air collisions and entanglements, then they forget they still have to put their legs and knees together and bend them. Thus they shatter their ankles and knees.

I've had around 5 serious mid air scenarios and just gave in and made sure my landing was good. Never injured from a jump.
>>
File: IMG_1519.jpg (119KB, 858x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.jpg
119KB, 858x472px
>>34048751
I was in the same spot. I took all of my math classes from the lowest to the highest that I needed for my degree. Now the math is done and I can relax.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.