[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My military experience so far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: E-3 Rank.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
E-3 Rank.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>Be me, a freshman college student.
>5'11", 225 pounds. Not fat looking but definitely overweight
>School is stupid. Working in computer repair and making $3 over minimum wage.
>Realize this won't cut it.
>Go into my school's Army National Guard recruitment office.
>Recruiter is the most chill of any recruiter I had ever seen. Call him Recruiterbro. He was far from making his quota, and he straight up told me he wasn't going to make it. He told me he doesn't put idiots into the Guard, where they'd hate it and leave.
>After I did my paperwork, Does the tape test on me and tells me I need six inches either off my waist or on my neck.
>I drop 15 pounds in two weeks and pass the tape test.
>Go to MEPS. Boring as FUCK.
>Take ASVAB. Score 97.
>People try to trick me into saying I take medications and shit (I don't).
>I tell them I had one speeding ticket which I already paid. This was not on my paperwork.
>Recruiterbro pulls some strings and gets me a waiver that day.
>Get enlisted as 25N. (internet guy), swear in, and go back to school and work.
>Because Eagle Scout, start as E-2
> BCT starts August at ft Benning, AIT right after at ft Gordon. 37 weeks total.

>Two drill weekends later, Recruiterbro recruits someone, says I referred them, and boom. Promotion to E-3.

> Have drill one weekend a month, and as E-3, I get $250 per drill. You literally get paid to work out.
>Make some awesome friends too

>The military is awesome.

>Still have some stories. Let me know if you want to hear them.
>>
>>34041806
>BCT starts August
>The military is awesome

You're not even in the military yet. You don't have an opinion or any stories worthwhile yet. You're already drinking the kool aid and calling yourself a Soldier without even going to Basic yet.

How about this. Go get the Army logo tattooed on your arm so your DS can see how motivated you are to be there. Next go to Youtube and memorize all the cadences, and ask your DS if you can lead cadence the first day of BCT. And make sure to wear your Assault Pack to the airport when you go on leave for the first time.

Delete this crap thread.
>>
>>34041858
Did you get a waiver for your autism?
>>
>>34041858
He's speaking in the past tense retardo, bet you're just mad he got a 97 to your 33.
>>
>>34041806
The idea that you needed a waiver for a speeding ticket is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>34041874
t. someone who I described

Nah.

I got a waiver for trying to dissuade the Affliction wearing fat bodies from going to Moto before even going to basic.
>>34041884
West Point never made me take an ASVAB bro.

And he said
>BCT starts in August

So I'm assuming he hasn't gone to Basic yet. Then again I don't know how the National Guard works when it comes to recruitment 100%
>>
>>34041806
>>The military is awesome

maybe until the shooting starts eh ?
>>
>>34041906
You claim you're in West Point yet lack basic reading comprehension. He says several things afterwards about other things that happened now that he's in. Also the fact you have that pic saved guarantees to me you're 16 and idolize the military.

Heres a tip: Facebook military meme pages are pure cringe
>>
It's awful boot up in this bitch.
>>
>>34041924

Believe me if you want. I don't care.

But I'm going off of what he said.
Saying
> BCT starts August at ft Benning, AIT right after at ft Gordon. 37 weeks total.

insinuates that he WILL start Basic Training in August. I don't know if you know, but you have to go to BCT to be in the Army.

idk how the weekend warriors work, so I could be wrong. His last greentext and the talks about promotions contradict each other, so I might be just hung up on the future tense of "BCT starts.." meaning it will start in August of this year.

w/e

Also, I got the SGM picture from /k/ btw
>>
>>34041806
>The military is awesome
Spoken like a true nasty girl pog
>>
>>34041980
>literally talks about making friends while he's in

He used weird tenses but I'd think a big smart West Point student like yourself would be able to unfuck his strange grammar like everyone else did.

Also if you were actually at west point you'd probably know how the reserves work.

Now go be stupid and underage somewhere else
>>
In the Guard and Reserve you are technically a soldier the day you sign your contract. And you start drilling for pay. You're just not MOSQ.

I think I drilled for 8 months before shipping. The money helped.

And to OP, if your unit is chill and you have an interesting MOS you will probably enjoy it so good for you.

If you don't have a full time job sign up for all training and any opportunities to get on orders. Because once you get a full time job it will become very cumbersome to work and drill, especially when you realize you lose money by drilling.
>>
>>34041858
This. Fuck off kid you don't know dick yet. There's nothing worse than babby boots pretending their in the military already.
>>
>>34042073
They're*
>>
File: 1467904950640.jpg (34KB, 385x368px) Image search: [Google]
1467904950640.jpg
34KB, 385x368px
>>34042050
>Also if you were actually at west point you'd probably know how the reserves work.

I know how the reserves work.

Not the National Guard recruitment process which may have weird loopholes and ways to shove people the recruiters really like through. There is always a way for weird shit like that for enlisted.

>He used weird tenses but I'd think a big smart West Point student like yourself would be able to unfuck his strange grammar

Or I just go by what the dude said. Nobody got time to proofread what the fucker wrote. (As I take the time to write these paragraphs) Having gone to West Point doesn't make me some sort of special 190 IQ Chad that knows every MOS code and the ins and outs of every facet of Army recruiting. You would be surprised how fucking stupid some of the people at West Point are that should never have been selected to lead Soldiers. Ever. There is no psych eval or anything which is crazy IMO. But thats off topic.

>>34042070

Cool. Thanks. I actually didn't know all of that. That is definitely what OP meant.

Nonetheless, OP is still a POG fuck
>>
>>34042093
imma need the definition of leather
>>
>>34042183

haha I still have my duct taped knowledge book that got shit canned when we rucked in a torrential downpour.

The real question was always how many gallons of water is in Lusk Resevoir?
>>
>>34042208
I don't actually know what the fuck you're talking about, but two of my pls went to westpoint and knew that shit.
>>
>>34042208
>>34042224
btw, don't plan a cool guy speech for your first platoon. They're going to think it's cringy as fuck. both of my westpoint pls made this mistake.
>>
I fucking hate guard/reserves guys mostly because they're all dumb fucking boots like OP, even if they've been in 6+ years. You will never understand what the military is actually like if you don't go active. Keep your shit opinions to yourself and go make a Facebook page to blog about your dumb shit. You're on a board with people that have spent years in. You haven't even been to fucking basic.
>>
>>34042224

haha gotcha. It's just old West Pointisms that Old Grads get hard to. Y'know how old college alumni say weird shit to each other and they become friends instantly; that sort of shit.

Hopefully they were good PLs and did right by their Soldiers.
>>
>>34041806
>My military experience so far National Guard Soldier

Thread subject is in the title.

Thread subject is in the FUCKING TITLE

anyone with half a brain can assume it will most likely be a highly naive or highly pessimistic.

/k/ still autstically sperges over it

never change you faggots
>>
>>34042250
The first PL i had from westpoint was absolutely outstanding, haven't had a better one since him. The second one got better after a couple field problems, but couldn't really compete with the first one since we had him for a deployment. Listen to your fucking NCOs.
>>
>>34041806
Holy fuck, OP. I was just at MEPS for the National Guard and we have the same MOS. I dropped about 15 pounds so far and I'm going to Basic in August.
>>
>>34041806
how the fuck did u drop 15 pounds in 2 weeks
>>
>>34043057
It's possible if you bf% is incredibly high were talking the muscles of a 120 lb man on the body of a 225 lb man
>>
>>34041884
I haven't met anyone that doesn't get mocked when they pull out their asvab scores
>>
That was a very boring story. Good going.
>>
>>34042093
>calling people pog
>literally a cadet

This is why no one listens to your orders.
>>
File: 1445450631566.jpg (64KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445450631566.jpg
64KB, 1024x768px
>>34041806
If this bait? This has to be bait.

Some peacetime baby says he wants to tell us stories and he hasn't even been issued boots yet.

You wanna hear a story? I'm a disabled Iraq vet who goes to to doctor tomorrow to find out if I have liver cirrhosis.

The military is aweseome.
>>
>>34041806

>Fort Benning
>August

Sucks dude

Also

>National guard
>Doing drill
>Loving the military

My friend was active duty 11B and lost his hearing and has problems in his knees and he hated every minute of being in the army
>>
>>34043811
>has problems in his knees

Knees and lower back are pretty much one of those things you can expect to screw up. Running around on uneven terrain with a ruck sack and body armor wear your joints out pretty quickly. You see a lot of 11B guys reclass to something lighter after a few years with a permanent profile.
>>
>>34041906

You don't get assigned to a unit without going through basic.

Yes, his timeline was wonky, but anyone with an IQ over 60 can figure it out.
>>
>>34043823

Yeah he was always on profile for problems with his legs in general but he had problems with his knees prior to him entering service and I don't know why meps didn't pick up on it [spoiler] much like how meps didn't catch I had fucking asthma [/spoiler]
>>
>>34043110
I can make my good score look retarded
>126 GT score
recruiter turned his screen around so I could see everything
>picked PSY OPS
>last second decided to go tanker
now that I deployed and got out I can clearly see where I fucked up lol
>>
>>34042070

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

So you sign up. Go to drill. Can't do much of anything. Get paid.

I wonder what benefit this provides?

You should sign, do whatever you do while getting ready for basic, go to basic, go to MOS school, then go to your unit.

You may not pass basic, you may not pass your MOS school and get a different MOS.
>>
>>34043057

Eat tilapia and spinach every meal during the week, as much as you want. Eat normal on weekends. Don't snack. Don't drink sodas. Substitute any green vegetable if you don't like spinach. Get a moderate work out 3 times a week.

Pretty easy actually. He said he was overweight. The first 20 pounds are always the easiest if you actually stick to a workable plan.

Once you get your carbs down, you will continue to lose weight. Start adding carbs back when you hit your target weight.
>>
File: 1493467969720.jpg (55KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493467969720.jpg
55KB, 258x360px
>>34041806
>5'11
>>
>>34041858
This tl;dr was brought to you by a Pog
>>
>>34043845
I was going to become a tanker and my dad was the one who stopped me. He goes, "Son, what are you going to do when you get out? Drive tanks?"

Went intel. Came out with a great job that led me to start interacting with some really smart people who pushed me to get my education. Got my BA and MA because of that.
>>
>>34041891
It is
>>
>>34043057
A strict diet of peanut butter, bananas, meat, and no carbs or sugars. Combined with daily exercise and thermogenic fat burners.
>>
>>34043856
Before basic, it gives a cash boost and exercise. My detachment has two drill sergeants. It's the toughest detachment in the state.
>>
>>34041858
Jesus, man. take that 13 inch dildo out of your ass. I'm not a fucking retard.

Marines are different from NG in the sense that once you enlist in the NG, you are a member of the military. You do drills and get paid. If you don't go to drill, you're AWOL. My detachment also has the only two drill sergeants in the state. We do about 150 or so pushups a day minimum in drill. When I get back from training, I'll do a thread about what basic was like.
>>
>>34041806
>>Because Eagle Scout, start as E-2
its terrible that you were forced to be a child soldier.
>>
>>34044046
Furtunately I married into a family with degrees and I was encouraged to do school. So I have my assocciates in machining and working on my engineering BA. Alls well that ends well. Plus the Army worked the pussy out of me. I used to be such a chump lol.
>>
>>34041980
Have not gone to Basic yet. The National Guard works where once you enlist, you are a member of the military and get paid. You have rank and can get promoted. NG promotions up to E-3 work with recruitment points. Each person you refer grants you a rank up. Eagle Scout ranks you up one rank right off the bat. I am contracted as a 25N. My detachment also has two drill sergeants who take every opportunity to smoke us during the two days a month they have us. In parade rest and someone even looks at one of them? Half right face, forward leaning rest, exercise. Fail your PT test? 30/60's till they get bored. Drill is meant to be something fairly comparable to basic. It's so you aren't in for so much of a shock when you get there.
>>
>>34042042
Electronics are my passion. I wanted training on the latest equipment and experience for jobs later on as well as preferential hiring. Without the 25N, infantry doesn't get internet.

Also going on the Kuwait deployment next year
>>
>>34042093
I am a POG fuck. I wanted to be the internet guy. Fighting might be awesome, but the future is tech and communications. I will be going on the Kuwait deployment next year
>>
File: 1.jpg (250KB, 1073x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
250KB, 1073x1023px
>>34043101
I have the muscles of a 180-190 pound man. I was not very fat looking. Here's a pic from the day I started my weight loss
>>
>>34045134
ok fatty
>>
>>34045134
>I was not very fat looking
Are you sure we're looking at the same body here?
>>
>>34043845
Psy ops sounds like a lot of office paper work. Being in charge of a tracked vehicle and all that type of equipment/munitions actually sounds a lot more hardcore. Been in some armored tracks though not sure I'd want that as a daily thing especially deployed somewhere hot.
ASVAB aint too big of a deal though it's only good for like 2 years or something before you have to retake it if you want to reclass or something like that,,. A lot of the information you studied up on, and what you retain can change pretty drastically in that time.
>>
>>34041806
i had osut in august at benning, i remember some overweight kid had a heat stroke 1 week in and was in martin for 6 weeks, came back cleaned the bay for 2 weeks and went home
>>
>>34041806

> Have drill one weekend a month, and as E-3, I get $250 per drill. You literally get paid to work out.
No, you won't make 250$. I'm an E-5 in USAR with 7 yrs service and make just under 300 for a Sat/Sun drill.

Also, unless you just happen to like Army PT for some dumb reason, you don't "Get paid to go workout". Yeah it can be chill, but don't expect to ever spend actual time in the gym. Enough retards are going to 100% fail the run, which means when you finally get to do PT, it'll probably be running.
>>
>>34044603
It's not any different from the Marines, once you sign that contract you are "technically" in the military. I wouldn't consider yourself a soldier yet though. Also, you are NOT required to attend drill weekends prior to BCT. That's also really retarded if you have NG drills making you their bitch over the weekend.
>>34044705
It is most definitely not meant to be like basic, you can't even do half the things with them, like drive vehicles/goto the range etc etc
>>34044733
Sounds good but wouldn't count on it. You're literally not trained yet, as in; you're not qualified to do anything on a deployment. Hopefully they still need you and still go by the time your done with training.
>>34045134
You should probably just run. I hope you can handle heat + humidity, Benning is gonna be fun.
>>
>>34044662
Not OP, but Eagle here.

It's not really much of a military-based organization anymore, which is a shame. Officially the BSA won't even let them do /toy/ based gun-games. (though several troops ignore this) It can be a good place to learn how to /out/.

If he was in a Mormon troop, he probably had his time wasted by adult leaders who didn't know shit and were constantly being swapped out every year.

If the leadership were people who genuinely cared about spending time /out/side instead of being the local congregation's assigned babysitter, he probably learned some useful stuff which may actually help him with his military career.

Remember your knots OP. There's no end to what you can do with an OCIE poncho and a bunch of paracord.

>>34047508
Also, this. PRT is okay for getting fat fucks into something resembling normal levels of fitness, but is dogshit for actually getting you into shape.

The ruck marches will do much more for you than PRT ever will, but the guard doesn't do ruck marches, so once you're done with basic, you'll either have to start an actual workout routine.
>>
>>34047648
>Also, you are NOT required to attend drill weekends prior to BCT.
That's quite false.
>>
>>34044603
150 pushups a day at the minimum? Weak. Also, there is absolutely nothing noteworthy about basic training so don't even bother making a thread about that either.
>>
>>34041806
Have fun being in lazy pog basic in the shittiest part of the year there.
>>
>>34044705
>Drill is meant to be something fairly comparable to basic. It's so you aren't in for so much of a shock when you get there.

I went to basic at Ft. Benning last August, it's not as bad as everyone says. Your drill sgts will teach you the correct way to do everything, and every time someone pipes up with "well RSP said to do x" the drill sgt will laugh and say "that's because they're fucking weekend warriors, private. Shut up and learn it my way."

The ONLY useful thing you learn in RSP is the Army song, the Soldier's Creed, and the Army Values. That's it.

So many of my fellow NG guys from other states had horror stories from their RSP about kids getting broken by stupid amounts of exercise before they even arrived at boot camp. Real waste of taxpayer dollars right there.
>>
>The military is awesome.
fucking pog
>>
>>34048658
My detachment has two actual drill sergeants who run it.
>>
>>34045790
I'm in MS. Have you ever been to Mississippi?
>>
>>34047508
You're right about not making $250. My life insurance takes about $30 out of every check
>>
>>34043811
>>34041806
Was 11b, can tell my hearing is slowly getting worse. My joints hurt all the time. Lost my sense of smell.
My time in has been both good and bad.
But its mostly bad.
Now in 3rd year of ROTC, get asked if I would like to stay 11 series.
Respond fuck no, ill be a transpo officer.
Hang my blue cord from my mirror.

Not actually going transpo, but I sure as fuck aint going infantry again.
>>
>>34045134
You skinny neck and lady lumps tell me you have the muscles of a 120 pound man. You are going to fucking hate life if you don't seriously get into better shape, over the summer.

Not like it matters, you'll gain it all back once you get to your Unit and than you'll stay an e-3 until you contract runs out 6 years later.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.