[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling/gifting military uniforms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I met a friend who is really into militaria. In the UK, it's legal to wear uniforms around so long as you aren't impersonating.

Before I buy him anything, I'm just wondering if it's legal, and where I can find out? Specifically, I want to know if I can get him a dress uniform, and where I would find out specifically?
>>
Do whatever. Its a free country.
>>
>>34039080
I'm just trying to find a place in the AFI that says plainly if I can or can't. I'm new to service and I don't need to get wrapped up in some scandal of giving a uniform away. I can see a cap or pants, but a full uniform might be an issue.

>cover your ass

That's the number one rule
>>
>>34039080
>UK
>free
>>
>>34039070
No. In the UK you need a license. Camo uniforms require an assault uniform license you underage faggot.
>>
>>34039070
Better you get beheaded than one of my lads. Why do you think they tell you not to wear your uniform out and about? Because theres bitter ex IRA wankers and muslim nutters who actively try to nab squaddies, and they go for the most easily identifiable target, not specific targets.

Also, unless your mate knows how to wear the uniform properly, he'll just look like a walting cnut.
>>
>>34039169
Ask your JAG office because no one else's opinion matters. You may as well get to know them. Also attend a Court Martial if you ever get the chance as they are very interesting.

t.MSGT (Retired)
>>
>>34039207
I've actually seen a few people walking around in camo uniforms but mostly in dress.

A little explanation, I've been volunteering at a WW2 museum, and I've seen a few people who get really into reenactments. I want to be cool and help one of them out, but I'm reading through the AfIs to see if this is allowed. I've been told different things about it.
>>
>>34039307
>interesting
More like boring as fuck. Domestic abuse, kid fucking, regreted sex, and senior enlisted who won't be able to meld with the adult world. Its always the same shit.
>>
>>34039307
Thank you, I'll probably end up at the office in a few days to ask them, and volunteering for a Court Martial actually does sound like a great thing for my EPR. Priority now though is mostly to finish my CDCs.
>>
>>34039318
> re-enactors

The closer to current day they pretend to be the exponentially sadder it becomes
>>
>>34039376
He's mostly interested in cold war til the nineties, but everyone likes the current blues uniform just because it's sharp. I've had some strange collections of my own so I can understand people who collect militaria just for the sake of it. It's something historic to show his kids
>>
>>34039439
Its just a bit walty to walk around in it pretending to be a soldier from that era in my opinion, each to their own I guess
>>
>>34039376
you mean the Walt rating?

plus, the more "hardcore" the unit being reenacted, the higher the Walt is.

that bloke doing the Civil War? yeh. he's got half his teeth missing, he's probably let his son get smallpox for extra authenticity. Drinks like a fish. not really a walt.

The bloke doing WW1 Verdun, with the stitch-perfect kit who knows the bayonet drill handbook from memory?
not really much of a walt.

That guy doing WW2 reenactment? Oh-oh. he's reenacting the SOEin Tobruk. that's a little Walty.
But there's his mate, who does SS reenactment and owns a Kettenkrad? he's waltier.

But that's nothing compared to that bloke who's got the full 1980 SAS getup, and ponces about at a reenactment looking like he's about to burst out of Thatcher's arse and into a Libyan embassy window.

But none of them compare with the sad fucking scrote in the desert camo who's dressed as a fucking SBS marksman in fucking Afghanistan, or a member of Seal team Six, when he's actually Brian from the fucking Accounts department.
that, there, isnt just a walt. That's a Fucking Cunty Walt.
>>
>>34039477
Beautifully said mate. It always gets me how they adorn themselves with so many ribbons its like they got dragged through a Chinese New Years festival. Theres never one whose just pretending to be a private, smoking fags, picking his arse and wondering when the rupert will be round to tell him to move Heavy Item A to Fuck Off Far Location B, they always have VCs and more medals than a Nork general
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.