[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bioweapon thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: bioweapon.jpg (915KB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
bioweapon.jpg
915KB, 3000x1687px
It's time for a bioweapon thread.

Anyone with a bachelor's in biology and a lab can grow some smallpox or the bubonic plague or ebola. What can be done to protect yourself?
>>
>>34037713
hang out innawoods for a few months and shoot anyone who comes within 1000 yards of you.
>>
>>34037713

>Grow some smallpox

Isn't it kept in like two places on Earth, both being nigh impenitrable fortresses?
>>
>>34037754
Plus it's smallpox, we kinda already know how to get rid of it. And did so only a short while ago.
>>
>>34037754
Yeah, but you can look up the genetic code online
>>
File: wat.jpg (16KB, 204x162px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
16KB, 204x162px
>>34037771
I don't think you can download the plague friendo
>>
>>34037767
Even so, the vaccines are not in production and acquired resistance to the virus has disappeared.

>>34037771
It is a little beyond the average bachelor's degree holders knowledge and skills to cultivate a virus from genetic code alone. I think you are way over estimating the skill of a college graduate. My guess is that you are either still in school or just graduated a few weeks ago and have yet to enter the workplace.
>>
>>34037836
This. The code is just that - code. Actually getting the code completely synthesized into DNA/RNA for the virus, not including its encapsulation in all the associated proteins and whatnot that are coded for, is far from a trivial task.

It would be way easier to attempt to modify another, easily acquired but similar pox virus to be more similar to small pox. And even that would require an insane amount of skill, patience, funding, personnel, and testing.
>>
i'd be more worried about anthrax, plague, and flu. Antibiotic immune TB wouldn't be a lot of fun either but IIRC it isn't super virulent. All of the former occur naturally in many places still and can be hardened to create a serious weapon with very little skill. Flu is extremely easily acquired but would require a whole hell of a lot of trial and error to breed a strain nasty enough to go all 1918 on our asses. in any case the possibility of a complete break down of emergency services and civil unrest would likely be more dangerous to a competent individual than the disease itself.

IMHO flu's the scariest. If a strain hits a Goldilocks zone of lethality and virulence it can mutate quickly enough to come back and hit people every few seasons for years while it works it's way back and forth across the globe.
>>
File: 1474215125420.jpg (18KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1474215125420.jpg
18KB, 512x384px
>>34037713
the forced prospective on that pic is awful. i can tell thats one of those plastic army men fences thats like eight inches away. also the plug is still in for the bottom of the can
>>
File: tumblr_lp042bkflt1qh6pbfo1_500.jpg (219KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lp042bkflt1qh6pbfo1_500.jpg
219KB, 500x375px
>>34037754
if you know anything about small pox its that theirs almost a certainty that iran/iraq/north korea. have/had samples. along with all the shady dealings with the soviets and then the fall of them. the Russian side had leaks and was not super secure in any way. just like the nuclear material that got out and is who knows where the same goes for the small pox samples.

>>34037767
>we know how to get rid of it
nigga you have no idea how fucking hard of an uphill battle it was to get rid of smallpox. not like its easy to just find the guy who has it and then vacinate him, you need to quarantine everything in a mile around it hard. not to mention birds and whatever else. small pox spreads like nothing else.

>>34037836
if there was a bio attack of smallpox, and it was the original strain, and the old vaccine worked theres not even enough in the world for half of america, and the vaccine wears off after about five years, unless you work in like level 4 or your deployed no one in the world is vaccinated agenst smallpox.

smallpox if it comes back will kill a lot of people and will be impossible to contain. im talking like half of the world gone, like the infrastructure of all the major country's falling apart. not enough farmers too feed everyone, not enough places to put the bodies. you will have your preppers Apocalypse wet dream. straight up real life fallout with out the fallout.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.