[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underground Tunnel as a gun range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

/K/ Is making a undeground gun range a retarded idea i own a few acres in a rural area thinking a underground fort with a gun range be a cool idea.
>>
>>34034778
not if you have excellent ventilation and air flow
otherwise it's pretty dumb
>>
>>34034778
Yes, lead poisoning.
>>
How to basement gun range?
>>
A range near me is actually an underground bunker.

And a few gun ranges in cities in euroland are actually old metro tunnels.

But yes, good ventillation and air filtering are paramount.
>>
File: archer-mawp-gif.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
archer-mawp-gif.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Wouldn't ear protection be even more important unnaground?
>>
If you own a few acres in a rural area why don't you just go shooting on that?
>>
>>34035294
Yes, always double up on plugs and muffs while shooting indoors.
>>
>>34035890
>If you own a few acres in a rural area why don't you just go shooting on that?
Neighbours would start to complain about gunshots they do not mind a few gunshots here and there such as hunting or a bird scarer but constant gun shots might start to piss them off and scare their animals.
>>
>>34035890
>If you own a few acres in a rural area why don't you just go shooting on that?
Also cucked gun laws target shooting outside of a approved range is illgall unless you are calibrating and the fields are near a motorway and i do not want some antifun calling the police on me just cause i shot a tin can and some targets.
>>
How about just digging a long trench about 6-8 ft deep? That would solve the ventilation issue and most of the sound would go upwards. Alternately, you could build a sound proofed shed and shoot from inside of it. That would significantly reduce the sound outside.
>>
>>34036082
>>34036110
First of all, fuck your neighbors, but be polite. Go and explain to them that you plan on shooting and you're doing this out of courtesy. Second, where the fuck do you live that that is a law? Do you not live in the county/township. Where I'm at as long as your not within city limits and follow a couple other simple rules your fine.
>>
>>34036697
I live in ireland i live in the country but shooting firearms for target practise outside of a range is illegall.
>>
>>34034778
Depends most on what the ground is like on your property.
>>
>>34034778
Exhausts/vents for pressure reasons and smoke.
Apart from that, be sure to have an apropriately angled surface at the end of the range for safety.
Visit some indoor shooting ranges to get an idea of what they look like.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.