[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good weapons to carry in the UK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I need advice on carrying a good weapon in uk for self defense. I have a 3 inch non folding knife that i keep coated in a light layer of bacon fat and a small bag of pork jerky in case of muslims. Any good ideas for a hidden weapon or similar tools that are not considered offensive weapons? I will be able to check on the thread in the hour, any suggestions or ideas would be helpful. Thank you.
>>
>>34033567
I'm going to London in June, if you pay me well I might smuggle in some pocket sand for you.
>>
>>34033567
>carrying weapons
>in the UK
lol, don't forget the KY.
>>
>>34033575
Why would you ever want to go to London
>>
>>34033567
You're being too paranoid you twat.

If this isn't actually a poorly coated anti-bong thread, you won't be jumped and nothing will happen to you.
>>
>>34033567
Just get a multitool or an even better idea is to do just stay away from the shit parts like you would do in any other city
>>
>>34033567

I know it's a bait thread, but the ironic thing is, it's baiting us because we can't have proper funz and stuff when the fact is, we simply don't need them.

Crime is negligible and the majority of victims are people involved in elements of crime themselves.

I'm a cop in Glasgow, and I rarely deal with any victims who don't have a criminal record themselves. Most assaults against 'innocent' people are drunken instances on a Saturday night when the 'innocent' has been responsible in some small way for causing it.

Shootings do happen, but are so fucking rare in Scotland that it's almost non-existent. Again, those being shot are normally drug dealers or in some way involved in an organised crime group - feuds etc.

I do have access to Shogun which is pure firearms database however, and actually, there are a fuck ton of legally owned guns around. There's one guy who owns about forty, but he has a home workshop where he makes explosives for the movies, etc.

So, fuck, rambling and forgot my point.

Oh aye, we can walk the streets at night and not be in fear of shootings, murders or dindus.
>>
>>34035120
Your violent crime statistics beg to differ.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html
>>
>>34035623

I believe most it is what the police refer to as shit on shit. I think there is also a difference in what the US consider a violent crime and what the UK consider a violent crime. They aren't the same so a decent comparison can be made.
>>
>>34035623
>Your violent crime statistics

You have no idea what "violent crime" is.

Stab someone? "Violent crime"
Spit at them? "violent crime"
Knife? Yep.
stopped by a police officer while carrying an airsoft tog gun? Yep. that's listed as violent crime.
Domestic abuse? Yes, that's in the same list, violent crime.
Witholding your spouses' credit cards? that's domestic abuse. Guess what? its in the Violent Crime category.

In the US, "violent crime" constitutes of about 3 paragraphs of activities.
In the UK, it covers more than 8 pages of different activities.

You are not comparing Apples to Oranges.
you're comparing Apples to Aardvarks.
>>
>>34033708
T. Achmed
>>
Why not carry a gun if carrying any other defensive weapon is considered a violent crime..fuck it just break the law.

Its far better to be in court than dead.
>>
>>34035120
>Shootings do happen, but are so fucking rare in Scotland that it's almost non-existent.

What was it in 2016?

2015, it was something like 322 firearms incidents in the whole of scotland, and 50% of those were an air rifle, and 15% were involving an imitation (airsoft) toy.

and actual firearms deaths? 2015 was 3, wasnt it?

did we reach the dizzying heights of slaughter of having 4 people shot and killed in 2016?
compare that with US states with a 6 million population, like Missouri....

I know where I'd rather live, Scotland, or the US...
>>
Carry a maglite.
>>
>>34035817
So what you're saying is, you live in a dystopia where withholding credit cards will get you locked up as a violent offender?
>>
>>34035120
Cool, what equipment do you carry? Have you ever had to use them? Stories of worst arrests?
>>
UK is pretty easy, I end up there once or twice a year and you'd basically have to go out of your way to get into some kind of dust up.
If you're a noisy fuckwit that can't mind their own business, want to score drugs or get drunk and punch on, there's really a very small chance of actually ending up in any sort of trouble.
>>
>>34036398

Sorry for delay. Forgot about this.

Hiatts speed cuffs, extendable baton, fast straps and we've just moved in the last year to PAVA from CS spray. It doesn't cross-contaminate which makes it far harder to use. I don't like it personally.

Not going to go into big stories as on phone abroad, but had a guy with two knives outside some shops in Glasgow. Had people tell me and my colleague, so we ran about 500m, came up behind the guy as he was waving them at some fat bird from the pharmacists and proceeded to baton him about the head from behind.

He went down, knives were cleared, cuffed and fast strapped. Took him to hospital for injuries sustained, custody for court on Monday where he was remanded.

>>34035623

As stated, we count violent crimes far differently. Basically, anything physical is violent. If I push you, under Common Law, that's assault. That's violent.

That's the problem with believing a shitty stay table on a shitty papers website. You don't know the background.

Of a good weekend in Glasgow, there's probably about twenty to thirty assaults reported, ranging from proper square goes, to being pushed over. All recorded as violent. It's the physical activity (or domestic abuse related which is automatically classed as violent) that counts. We don't look at how savage it was, just that physical action took place.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.