[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/- Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 32

File: israel north korea syria.jpg (376KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
israel north korea syria.jpg
376KB, 720x564px
Goy lives matter edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>Should I go nuke???
No.

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
File: 13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit.
>>
File: 1494634755809.png (938KB, 648x639px) Image search: [Google]
1494634755809.png
938KB, 648x639px
>>34033310
Unless you've got an upper-class accent, then being a pilot is acceptable because you get to smoke kebab.
>>
File: IMG_1637.png (193KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1637.png
193KB, 640x400px
Is the "the army will turn you into a real man" meme true? If so share your experiences
>>
>>34033310
this

FUCK POGS
>>
Dont

T. E5
>>
I ship out to basic training today and I can do 30 situps, 35 pushups, and a 18 min 2 mile will I be okay as 11b?

Also my penis is kinda weird looking will the drill sergeant and other kids make fun of me?
>>
>>34033404
35 pushups isn't much. I don't even prioritize them and still knockout 30 as a warm up for my push day at the gym.
>>
>>34033335
He's right

t. E4
>>
>>34033323

No. It will try to give you reason and motivation turn yourself into a real man, but you have to want it too.
>>
>>34033335
Nice digits
>>
Ive got 1 to 2 months to get in semi shape so basic dosent slaughter me, what regiment do you recommend?
>>
How much does mos matter if you are doing an option 40 contract? The only ones available right now are 91c and 92g which both seem pretty lame, I want to get an option 40 but if im gonna be doing ac repair for 3 years after rasp ill do something else.
>>
>>34034739
Stew Smith's boot camp prep book is good.
>>
>>34034811
Alright, thanks. hmm
>>
>>34033252
>/meg/ is anti trans
shaking my head right now.
>>
File: Mario-Land-end-2.jpg (504KB, 703x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Mario-Land-end-2.jpg
504KB, 703x1038px
After submitting your dream sheet, at what point do you learn where you'll be stationed?
>>
>>34035029
It will say on your ERB(assuming army) after BCT.
>>
I just got a call from my local Air Force recruiter since I filled out the application online to get more information. Is there any point calling him back if I'm currently out of shape and need to lose a decent amount of weight before I could probably even enlist or would I just be wasting his time?
>>
What do I need to know about the royal air force before my first time meeting them?

Do I need to know anything about modern aircraft or anything?
Or do I just need to know all this for the interview?
>>
>>34033252
Why am I supposed to care taht Israel blew up some Norks
>>
How do I avoid getting more than minor injuries at MCRD?
>>
>>34035633
To appreciate how based they are
>>
>>34033323
It has the potential to but it all depends on the person. I've seen plenty of guys revert back to their old ways after getting out.
>>
>>34034764
Being a POG in regiment is better than being a POG in a regular unit. Go for it (wouldn't recommend being a cook though unless it's something you actually want to do). I've been told they go easier on guys in rasp if they have an MOS they're really short on, but no concrete proof if it's true or not.
>>
>>34035744
>tfw didnt even know rangers had pogs

I thought they just borrowed regular army
>>
>>34033488
What's it like being in a mafia
>>
>>34035744
Alright thank they got a 91f which seems pretty good so I'm going for that.
>>
>>34035769

Everyone in regiment goes to RASP. Statistically, most Rangers are POGs.
>>
File: 1446837094755.jpg (10KB, 188x196px) Image search: [Google]
1446837094755.jpg
10KB, 188x196px
Reminder: Don't fuck the Dental Girls, or you'll be getting very familiar with the ones that do STD testing. You'll have ALL of them.
>>
>>34033252
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Is this bait or am I missing something?
>>
>>34036170
Nuclear weapons are a sovereign right senpai.
>>
Ok, my family pressures me and guilts me into staying in town for 2 years to go to a community college to get my Associates. Fuck that I want to enlist in 6 months..
But I have to ask, what's the benefit of enlisting with an Associates?
>>
>>34036317
forgot to mention, I'm wanting to go USMC
>>
>>34036317
You get some rank, if you have an associate's you'll be coming in as an E-3. It's what I did, I tried college life but didn't really like it nor did I have enough money to get a bachelor's anyways. Didn't want to get a loan so I just enlisted. It's your life, do what you want. If you don't want to get an associate's then just enlist.
>>
>>34036336
I heard I'd be going in as an E-2, a big question is the difference in pay, because I don't want to fuck about for 2 years for the sake of making my parents happy if the pay won't be much different.
>>
>>34036353
Nah, E-3. I believe E-2 is for the Air Force but I enlisted in the Army so I got E-3. Might be the same for Marines too, you could always ask your local recruiter.
>>
>recruiter says they will call you back regarding whatever
>they don't call back
>you call them
>"hey what's up?"
>they act like the previous conversation never even happened

Every single fucking time. Holy shit, how are these fucking retards in charge of anything. I know it isn't the most exciting detail, but it would BEHOOVE them to flush out these scumfucks and get some talent in the field. It blows me away that there isn't at least a junior officer at every recruiting station just to fucking babysit.
>>
File: 1407082545518.gif (31KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1407082545518.gif
31KB, 500x492px
>tfw disqualified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWStaRmuXzY
>>
>>34036113
What are the dental girls?
>>
>>34036616
for what?
>>
>>34036634
Hemorrhoids
>>
>>34036597
Well to be fair they have to deal with dozens of recruits. But I understand what you mean. My recruiter was a lazy guy that wanted me to get some medical documents on an AFB that I had no access to.
>>
>>34036647
Having a 'hard job' is no excuse for being terrible at it. They work pretty reasonable hours at a pretty modest pace. M-F business hours, I fucking wish I had a job like that right now.

I've stopped in the office dozens of times and for every recruiters working with an applicant there are three or four doing nothing, bullshitting, dipping, and just partaking in general dipshittery. If you can't return a call it's also common courteous to apologize for not doing so, which I've never seen happen either.
>>
>>34036692
Majority of recruiters put in minimal effort in their job because majority of recruiters were voluntold to be a recruiter.
>>
>>34036700
I get that, and it's pretty sad. I seriously believe having civilians doing the recruiter would probably be more efficient. It definitely seems more secretarial anyway. They are basically putting monkeys that just out of the sandbox behind the desk and in front of a computer and they results are pretty much what you'd expect. A process that should take a few weeks becomes months or years for some applicants. Enlisted recruiters just lie and have no idea what they are talking about anyway, so I seriously don't see a downside.
>>
>>34036616
Same here. Will getting it removed solve our problems?
>>
>>34036820
No idea, was kinda hoping someone here would know
>>
What should I know about the royal air force before my meeting? I have a formal meeting where they explain the interviewing process.
>>
>need waiver for prior service
>battalion commander needs to approve
>he was out of the office for a month and has backlog of almost 1000 applicants

fucking kill me
>>
>put in application
>get an email saying to expect to hear back form up to 1-9 weeks
>even says it may take longer if the position isn't readily available
>got called within an hour

Does this mean they're desperate?
>>
>>34035029
>>34035100

You only get a projected duty station that early with a short training pipeline.

For longer training, you usually have to wait until you're nearly done with AIT.
>>
>>34036597

I never get this stories. My recruiter is not very helpful (always sugar coating shit) but its been on my back every since i meet him, kinda annoying to be hones but at least it make me feel like a desirable candidate.

Isnt in their best interest to get us in?
>>
>>34037032
What branch?

I've heard Marines ride your ass. Army and Air Force are the bad ones.
>>
>>34037055
Navy, but yeah i have heard AF recruiters have a diva complex
>>
>>34036336
>Spend 2 years of college
>Only come in as an E-3
>Take 1 summer class to get EMT certified at 18
>Join as an E-4 and get an $10000 bonus

I honestly feel like I'm cheating the system
>>
>>34037113

I mean a 10k bonus isn't that high and if you'd just enlisted 2 years ago you would still be an E-4 with EMT...but you'd also have gotten paid all that time and nearly be eligible for E-5.
>>
>>34037122
You're forgetting the part where you would have to pay for 2 years of college.

While my plan nets you more money. E-4 pay right away. Less bullshit. Get out while you're still young.
>>
>>34037355

Why the fuck would you pay for two years of college when you've got TA and the GI Bill to take care of it?
>>
Well I'll see y'all later. Taking my plane to great lakes in 30mins.
>>
>>34037475
Godspeed, anon.
>>
4-year comp sci graduate with two years experience as a sys admin. What sort of roles could I have in the Navy or Air Force?

I'm not in shape but I could be in 3-4 months with some exercise. I have some experience in minor leadership roles (supervisor to 12)
>>
>>34037475
GLMA?
>>
>>34037560
I thought IL but where ever navy basic is at
>>
I really want to sign up for infantry, but every time I think I'm about to seriously do it I pussy out. I'm not really afraid of death; I think dying for one's country is honorable. The thing I'm afraid of is being seriously injured - like losing body parts or having your skin melt injured - and then dealing with that shit for the rest of your life. There's also the whole PTSD aspect of it...

What do you guys think?
>>
>>34037576
Don't be a pussy
>>
>>34037576
Might as well get maimed in a house fire...
>>
>>34037576
I don't think about it. You could be horribly disfigured doing all sorts of things in everyday life but you just assume it won't happen to you because it most likely won't.

If it does, you'll deal with it when it happens. Spending years anticipating it won't make it any less miserable.
>>
>>34033252
WAR WITH NK??

now i get it that's why usa sanctions the shit out of nk
>>
>>34037615
>>34037599
>>34037582
>>34037576
You people acting like we're going to war or something.
>>
How smart do I have to be if I want to be a USAF Pilot?
>>
>>34037827
18 IQ
>>
>>34037511
>Navy or air Force
>Worried about being out of shape
Kek. You're fine lol.

Some of the Cyber roles is what you should do. Navy has a 2 year reserve commission for their cyber shit.
You might even look into enlisting as well. The military can get away with hacking, while the NSA cannot.

I forgot what the MOS is called but it has a high washout rate. Super smart guys fail out all the time. I even think you have to be interviewed by an general before you can get in.
>>
>>34037989
I forgot but the Army has what I'm talking about.

I think Navy and Army are the only ones with that MOS/rating. You'd be located in the same area as the NSA to give you an idea as to what you'd be doing. NSA legally cannot pull the trigger so to speak. They can build the gun, but the military are the only ones who can pull the trigger.
>>
MMN, submarines

Nuke hopefuls/Navy joinees grant me any questions you have
>>
>>34038081
Very likely, I'm going to be an officer in the Canadian Navy
Not 100% comparable to the US (since all we have are little frigates) but what's the life like for a Navy officer?
>>
>>34038010
This sounds like a cool MOS, but I've only heard about boring shit coming out of Army/Navy Cyber. I'll believe it when I see it
>>
File: NAVY-JOBS-AT+A-GLANCE++FULLPAGE.png (136KB, 632x6832px) Image search: [Google]
NAVY-JOBS-AT+A-GLANCE++FULLPAGE.png
136KB, 632x6832px
Hi, what are the Jobs- of all the Naval jobs- that transfer well outside of the Naval service, or where could I find them in ranks of least to greatest?
>>
>>34038371
My view is very skewed, as a submarine sailor.

Junior officers on submarines switch from department to department every few months. They get experience in several aspects of the ship's operation before moving on to more permanent billets and pursuing command if they desire a career.

As a JO, you technically run a division, but not really. While you are listed as the division officer and are above the senior enlisted in the chain of command, a JO is primarily a liaison between the division they run and the staff chain of command and are responsible for supervisory watches and administrative work.

JOs get the respect due to an officer, but ultimately are treated more casually than other higher in the chain, sort of a work place supervisor who you don't mind being a bit casual around, even though they're not always in the shop. Remember though, that while your division will likely be pretty cool to you, you're not really their friend (typically) and you get a better deal than a lot of them do (more money, house allowance, no physical labor).

Show the respect your guys are due and they should respect you back. Rely on your senior enlisted men to show you how things run. Much of this may not be applicable to you since your question is very broad and there's a lot of officer billets out there, but some of it will surely help you somewhere.
>>
What's the hardest Special Force to join?
>>
Give me motivation to run, guys, it sucks so bad and I don't feel like I'm improving much.
>>
>>34038552
In the US Military? Probably any of the Tier 1 units (DEVGRU, Delta, etc), because you have to have years of experience in a Tier 2 SOF unit before you're even considered to join up. Then you have to go through their training courses, which are a step up from the SOF training you already received.
>>
>>34037511
>>34038416
35N here that works with 35Q/17C. The 17C course has a high washout course (operator course not JCAC). I work in the analytical role but personally see what the operators do, if you're into that computer shit then you'll definitely like it. I see a lot of 35Q/17C passionate about what they do. Most serve like 4-8 years then get out and make the big bucks as a civvie or contractor.
>>
>>34038549
Thanks man
That's good advice. I've heard a lot of it here. As a JO, I'm cold shit in a nice uniform.

How do you like sub shit?
The Canadian Navy technically has a handful of subs, but they've they're 50 year old junkers bought from the British. Hell if I serve on one of those.
>>
>>34038626
How hard is it to become a PJ relative to the other Special Forces.
>>
>>34038614
Running is easier than you think.
You just got to accept ""jogging"" like a retard
So long as it's faster than a walk, it's "jogging".

The best part though is stopping.
Stopping a jog is 10/10 feeling
>>
>>34038631
It's very cramped.

I work long hours, and the work load never ends, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything.
>>
>>34038658
Probably a tad more difficult than some of the other SOF units (btw, Special Forces refers to the US Army's Green Berets, the general term for units is Special Operations Forces or SOF) because not only do they have to train in similar Operator shit, they have to train to be fully trained paramedics as well. Same with CCTs, who have to be fully qualified air traffic controllers on top of their operator training. Hence why the PJ pipeline is like, 2+ years long. Lotta washouts.
>>
>>34038703

Shhh. If you tell people that AFSOC are better trained than Rangers they'll flip shit. Especially if they find out that those two years are just the three level and not the five level.
>>
>>34038688
Do you ever fear... Dying in the worst possible way?

I could serve on one of the Canadian subs. I mean a few are even missing XOs. They're starved for officers. If I wanted, I'm sure I could end up there.

It's just that I think drowning 100m under the sea to be totally terrifying.
The overall experience is acceptable. But the risk of dying down there..
Especially since these ancient fuckers have caught fire a few times since we bought the fucking lemons
>>
>>34038720
Man, do Rangers really think so highly of themselves? Sure, they're a premium door kicking force, but they literally receive the least amount of training out of all the US SOF units. RASP is like, what, 8 weeks? On top of their basic Infantry training (or whatever MOS the Ranger joined the Regiment as).
>>
>>34038740
>Do you ever fear... Dying in the worst possible way?

No, I've never really felt any fear for my life at all to be honest. Everything feels very safe, the reactor especially so.
>>
>>34038740
fires on submarines aren't that uncommon
>>
>>34038740
>Especially since these ancient fuckers have caught fire a few times since we bought the fucking lemons

I should also mention, every ship catches fire, firefighting is a big part of the Navy. Every sailor on a submarine is a firefighter.
>>
>>34033310
So tell us why infantry is best career and where you see yourself in twenty or thirty years of service?
>>
>>34038779
We have shit diesel subs

If only I was American, then I could get some good cash as a nuke sailor because I'm a hardened basement dweller
>>
>>34038802
Submarines are the place for basement dwellers

>No boots
>No shaving
>Sit in rack all day once you're qualified and play vidya

Truly a life if there ever was one
>>
>>34036271
>Nuclear weapons are a sovereign right senpai.

That is not a strategic reason to tolerate them.
>>
>>34038764
What happens if you fail a SOF's training?
>>
>>34038802
As a nuclear machinist mate I can whole heartedly say,

GO TO COLLEGE INSTEAD, THE PIPELINE IS CANCER, RE-ENLISTING IS A TRAP
>>
>>34038791
Maybe not, but the fire on the Chicoutimi was caused from opening the hatch during a storm and having water sweep into the sail.
They detected that and activated the pumps to clear it
The pumps failed by the sensors reported a clear hatch
So they opened it and were flooded by 100s of liters of sea water.
One guy died of his burns
>>
>>34036647
>My recruiter was a lazy guy that wanted me to get some medical documents on an AFB that I had no access to.

You should have gotten with an Air Force recruiter and elevated the complaint if no joy. You can also get medical documents by contacting the base medical group or whoever has them and faxing a signed medical records release to them then have them fax copies to the recruiter.
>>
>>34038821
Depends on which branch you're joining. With the Army, you tend to get sent to basic Infantry because by that point you've already been through Infantry OSUT and possible Airborne school, though I've heard rumors that they're sending SF washouts to needs of the Army nowadays. As for the other branches, its definitely needs of the branch. I hear a lot of AFSOC washouts go to Security Forces. If you wash out, you can always drop a packet to try again later.
>>
>>34037576
>What do you guys think?

Remember THE VAST MAJORITY OF AN ENLISTMENT OR CAREER IS IN PEACETIME CONDITIONS.

Choose accordingly. If you want a career there are more advantageous ways to serve...

If want serve country, be a fireman. Every time you roll you are protecting property and lives.
>>
>>34038862
What about if you want to be a Medic for the Rangers, but aren't able to make it? Do you just go back to doing 68W stuff?
>>
>>34038893
Basically. By that point, you've already passed through your 68W AIT, and if you fail at RASP they'll just put you into a conventional unit.
>>
>>34038740
>Do you ever fear... Dying in the worst possible way?

Of old age and disease in a hospice, blind, incontinent, crippled and insane?

Go visit a hospice or two. It will change your perspective on what is and isn't a bad way to go.

A hull crush is very, very quick. Also incredibly rare.
>>
>>34038893
yes. you go through whisky school before you go through rasp if you have an option 40 on your initial contract. i believe it's like that with all mos other than 11 series.
>>
Question for Navy Nuke again

What do you do for the rest of the year when you're not on ship?
Like what's job then
>>
>>34038909
It's not the crush that scares me
That's fine

It's a torpedo or a depth charge or something that ruptures the hull
Water's flooding in
The ship is gong down

You know you're going to die in the dark with lungs full of water
>>
>>34038764
Ranger medics take well over 1 year to complete training

4 months of MOS training. 3 weeks of airborne. 8 weeks of rasp. 6 weeks of pre-socm. Then finally 9 months of SOCM.

At any point after rasp if you fail(which is very common during SOCM) you get RFSed from the regiment and likely sent to the 82nd.
>>
What do Rangers (or any other SOF) do during peacetime? Is it just like any other soldier? Do they have there own bases, or are they based with regular grunts too?
>>
>>34038946
My boat is in port right now.

I come in by 8 and usually head home around 1600. I do maintenance, stand watch, and work on quals. Lots and lots of maintenance. Cleaning too.
>>
>>34038626
Technically anyone, from any branch of the US military, can tryout for Delta.

The gave a Navy cross to one of the Delta guys at Benghazi because he was technically still in the Marines.
>>
>>34038989
About what I expected
Sounds like a good trade.

Do you have pride for your boat? (Do you call subs boats or ships?)
>>
>>34039011
We call submarines boats.

I like my boat, I have a pretty good chain of command and a solid division. That's really what makes or breaks it in the end. The submarine community can be terrible or the best around depending on your crew. In my case, it's the latter.
>>
>>34039051
What makes your CoC a good one? What do they do that makes them not shitty?
>>
>>34039074
Our CO is a solid guy who believes in getting out early on Fridays, normal working hours not starting before 8, and prioritizes morale over regulations.

Our COB (Chief of the Boat) is a solid, laid back guy who ensures everyone is squared away and being supported by their division.

And my division and department have a set of excellent supervisors and a solid culture going that prioritizes getting shit done and a good work ethic.

It's honestly the best deal I've ever gotten at any command I've been to, it doesn't usually end up this good.
>>
>>34039009
True, but being prior-SOF helps a lot because the 6 month OTC is Hell.
>>
>>34038764

SEALs usually do. Not the DEVGRU SEALs either.
>>
>>34038966

That's a year and a half, and the medical pipeline is always the longest one. CCT is just shy of two years, PJ is well over that. SF medics are almost long as PJ iirc.
>>
>>34038966
Well yeah, the medics are going to have longer training. But the basic fighting force of the Rangers, the Infantrymen, only have their Infantry OSUT and RASP to worry about. And maybe Ranger school if they become an NCO.
>>34039138
Yeah, but we're talking about training length/experience. SEALs go through a year and a half of schooling, which is the standard for SOF units.
>>
>>34039160

Rangers/SEALs/Force Recon seem like the short ones. SF, CCT, PJ, SOWT, and MARSOC are the long ones.
>>
>>34039126
That sounds like honest good work.
Like a bunch of people who focus on getting the job done rather than jerking off a bunch of regulations
I can see how you enjoy working there.

What do you think of soft spoken COs?
I'm evidently going to be an officer, but I don't speak so loud
Do you need that R Lee Ermey voice to be respected?
>>
>>34039174
SEALs isn't that short. Maybe a little shorter than SF, but well over a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_SEAL_selection_and_training
>>
>>34039185
I've never had what I'd call a soft spoken CO.

Most COs I've encountered have been assholes or almost stereotypical office manager motivator types, the last being far preferable.

You don't need to be an obnoxious asshole to be a good officer, but you will learn to be loud. You'll need to be sometimes just so people can hear you over running machinery (Ships are loud).
>>
>>34038977
they train. their training is more oriented to rangering. they are garrisoned in areas where there are general military; lewis mcchord, benning, hunter army airfield.
>>
>>34039200
Is it 9-5 like most other soldiers, or longer?
>>
>>34039189

Long for DA/SR, but shorter than the pipelines for people who do DA/SR plus something else.
>>
>>34039198
can I qualify mechanic watches once I'm senior in rate as an et?
>>
>>34039368
You can technically, just like mechanics can qualify throttleman or EO where applicable.

You'll likely never stand them though, since standing those would mean you're not supporting the RC-div watchbill. M-div has more people and your division isn't going to like losing someone, possibly the someone needed to keep 3 section duty because they want to stand mechanic watches.

If you want to help with mechanic stuff as an ET, qualify EDPO or EWS. You'll be able to supervise mechanic stuff while not fucking your division.
>>
>>34039215
>9-5
>army
>kek
yes it's a regular duty day just like big army. 0530 morning formation to around 1700 close of business.
>>
>>34039136
Yeah I assume so.
I know that some non-sof infantryman make it, but I doubt if some average Joe from the Navy decided to tryout and make it.
>>
>>34038433
Go nuke
>>
>>34035375
Go do it, we had fatasses who couldn't pt when they got to BMT. You will just be put in supplimental pt and you will lose weight and get gains.

You will only waste his time if you make 0 fucking effort to lose weight before bmt. Which isn't hard, quit soda and stop eating shit food. Start running , go to the gym. Stop being lazy.
>>
Hey guys. Going to take ASVAB next week.

Putting together a packet for Army OCS.

So far so good.
>clean record
>nothing major physically
>Can score pretty good on a PT (220-250) range
>Practice ASVAB's come up 85-95 range
Here's my questions
I want a combat role so I can spend my mid 20's actually doing unique shit, that being said, I understand the value of POG jobs in the civilian sector for when I get out.
Buddies have been pushing me to go MI. I understand with MI that I would need TSC, and that involved interviews with people in my life in I'm not mistaken. While I have no criminal record, I've done plenty of shithead stuff growing up as a teenager and college aged adult.

If for whatever reason I don't get into MI, will it affect me getting into any other MOS?
A buddy of mine told me "know your truths" and stick with them regardless. Good advice.

Also what's the closest thing to MI and a combat role?
>>
>>34040481

You mentioned OCS, but a lot of the shit you're talking about sounds like enlisted shit.

>ASVAB is irrelevant for officers as long as you pass.

>220-250 is not good for OCS. Branching is competitive.

>You can't just pick MI as an officer, you have to compete with all your peers for it.

>Officers don't have "combat roles" regardless. At best you could compete for an infantry slot, but when enlisted infantrymen aren't seeing combat right now, you're sure as fuck not going to.
>>
>>34040529
I have to take the ASVAB regardless since GT score needs to be at least a 110 to be considered.

Perfect score is 300. To pass you need a 180. I scored a 250 a few weeks ago going all out and having an Army buddy test me. Obviously by the time I ship out I'll score higher and considering that 300 is a perfect score I don't think I'm that bad.

I understand that OCS is competitive, and I understand that certain MOS's are just as competitive.
My GPA isn't too great, 3.1. But my Transcripts will also show that my last 3 semesters were 3.5, 3.8, and 3.7. I also was on the Deans list 5 semesters in a row, have done athletics on my own (not school teams), started a business club, hold a minor and concentration related to my degree and so on and so forth.

Regardless of all this, you still didn't really answer my question.
>>
I am new and open to the idea of enlistment and have 2 years to get into tip top shape. Apart from lifting for the past couple of years, I have only recently been dedicating time to running, swimming, push ups pull ups etc.
Have ordered several self improvement books, dealing with discipline etc. My goal is 75th. How do I get from point A to point B effectively?
>>
>>34040624
>Have ordered several self improvement books
what the fuck
>>
>>34040598

Because your questions are retarded.

>Will not branching MI mean I'm not an officer?

No, you get some other branch. Most people will get something in their top 3 picks, but it's possible you get something you have no interest in. It doesn't matter, most of what officers do is branch immaterial duties.

>How do I James Bond as an officer?

If you branch MI, you're probably not going to be doing much hands-on intel work. If you branch into a "combat arms" branch you're probably not going to be seeing any combat. Pick stuff you're interested in, but understand your role as an officer.
>>
>>34040624
>2 years

Why such a long time frame
>>
>>34040650
College
>>34040635
I have motivation and scheduling issues to work out. Not being clean enough, procrastination on assignments etc.
>>
>>34040648
My question was primarily regarding TSC.

MI requires TSC. TSC requires a pretty extensive background check. I have no criminal history. Nothing bad on my record. But from what I've read online, they dig deeper into your personal life. They contact people close to you and ask lots of questions.

If for whatever reason this happens and I'm denied TSC (Once again, I don't think I would be denied), Will it affect any other MOS? Will I be denied even enlistment?

And I'm not looking to James Bond. I want a combat role because I want to learn combat skills. Not because I want to "HOO RAH KILL KILL KILL"

I want MI because it's something I'm interested in. I'm interested in information, I'm interested in real life events.

I want an MOS that combines the two. I've been told I can go MI and then shoot for a slot in SOF, which would be extremely hard, but the closest to what I want.
>>
>>34040716

That's a fuckload of words for what is literally the most common question on /meg/:

>Should I lie on my Top Secret clearance investigation?

The answer is no, dumbass. If you're ineligible for a TS you can't branch into a job that requires one. As an officer you have to be eligible for a Secret to even commission. If you can't do that, your only options for military service are to enlist in a job that does not require a clearance.

> I've been told I can go MI and then shoot for a slot in SOF, which would be extremely hard, but the closest to what I want.

You and literally every other twentysomething that is looking at commissioning. You don't need to be MI to apply for SOF. You'll usually get one shot to do it, usually as an O-2.
>>
>>34040771
Ok shithead, so let me put it like this once again. Since it's going over your head.

>No criminal history
>No arrest record
>College grad, with squeaky clean record

Occasionally since I was in highschool I partied too hard. I'm not talking about robbing a bank here.
Now after a discussion with my recruiter, in which I told me these things, they said, "if it's been that long, and there is nothing major, don't worry about it"
And then there goes what several people in the military have told me as well. If it doesn't exist on paper, it didn't fucking happen.

Now I don't know what TSC entails. I've just been going off the internet. I've read everything from, "put down some names of people you know and we'll give them a call"

Too, they randomly contact people you grew up with, have met etc. etc. and start asking personal questions.

Now with the second option it seems like nobody would ever get TSC, you ask enough people around you in your life enough questions eventually shit will come up that the military doesn't agree with. Am I correct on that assumption?
>>
>>34040841

>And then there goes what several people in the military have told me as well. If it doesn't exist on paper, it didn't fucking happen.

They're wrong and you know this. If you don't know this then you are either too stupid or have too little integrity to commission as an officer.

>Too, they randomly contact people you grew up with, have met etc. etc. and start asking personal questions.

Of course they do this, it wouldn't be much of an investigation if they just ran a records check.

>Now with the second option it seems like nobody would ever get TSC, you ask enough people around you in your life enough questions eventually shit will come up that the military doesn't agree with. Am I correct on that assumption?

Nope, most people who apply for a TS end up getting it because the standards aren't really that high. The most common disqualifying factor is irresponsible amounts of debt, followed by dishonesty (read: lying about pot use), followed by familial issues. If you haven't gone bankrupt and your uncle isn't a Chinese general, pretty much the only thing that can trip you up is listening to retards who tell you to withhold things on your SF-86.

Please move aside and make way for the next dozen people that want validation from the internet for lying on clearance paperwork.
>>
>>34036618
Girls that work in Dental. They're well known to be literally the most horny, promiscuous girls anywhere, in any branch. Army, Marines, doesn't matter, you want an easy lay, you find Dental.
>>
>>34040884
I told my recruiter I've smoked pot. I have no family issues. I have no major debt other than my student loans, but I have a near perfect credit score. Applied for a credit card at 18 and have been using it to build my credit score ever since. I was born in a foreign country and moved to the states at 4. I'm an American citizen. No real ties to any foreign nations other than some cousins and aunts/uncles.

I understand it's not going to be some shitty record check. I understand they will call people and ask them questions, and truth is whoever they call will tell them I'm a good dude, hardworking etc. But going back to the weed thing, I'm worried about that coming to bite me in the ass. I know integrity wise it's not good to lie about it, I also know that OCS is all political. I have 2 friends from highschool who are officer who I know for a fact have smoked pot and done numerous other things and If I bet my money on it, they fucking lied.
Guys in the service with TSC I've known who lied. Is it good? Of course not. But will something as retarded as pot cost them a chance at serving their nations at the best of their capacity? It certainly will. So now it turns into a question of "always do the right thing even though literally everyone around you is full of shit and it will just cost you a future", or fib about something as retarded as "Yeah me and my friends went to a party and got shitfaced, broke some stuff and got totally stoned".

I'm not asking you for questions about ethics or merit, I'm asking about practicality.
>>
>>34041041
Why is this?
>>
>>34041106

Practically, pot is a non-issue for a clearance with a few exceptions.

1. It was very recent.
2. You dealt it, with the extra monetary/criminal complications entailed.
3. You've developed an actual dependency on it.

Clearance investigators know that most people have tried pot by their mid-20s. They're not robots who just follow a script. Guidance to clearance adjudicators is very clear that the whole person is to be considered.

So, again, you're like literally 99% of your peers. You've got normal credit/family, you've tried some drugs and made some dumb decisions in college, and you want a job that seems cool and helpful after service.

You're even like 99 % of your peers in that they, also, all feel the need to come to the internet and get someone to tell them it'll be okay to lie.
>>
>>34041167
I appreciate this answer. It's far more honest and helpful that the previous ones.

Now as mentioned, my recruiter said it's a non issue, so they told me just check no for any drug use.

This has been bothering me, because obviously whats on paper doesn't match with the reality.

I'm not necessarily saying I'm going into a field that requires TSC, but If I do, I imagine at some point this will get brought up again.

Should I tell my recruiter I want to change the answer? Does my recruiter even get punished for doing this shit?

Something tells me they don't. Literally anything that can be construed as bad about me is trying out drugs. Which I haven't done in ages.
Now I am worried about them contacting my ex gf. She and I had a horrible breakup. And I wouldn't hold it against her to shit on my life. It's been 2 years since our break up but we spent 6 years together.

1. What I want out of the military is to serve my nation.
2. Learn real world practical combat skills
3. My strengths are in strategy and analyzing info, which is why I was thinking MI.
4. Use the GI bill or tuition assistance to get my masters.

I'm 24 now, I want to leave after my 3-4 years depending on my commitment. And another reason for wanting to go Officer is to avoid being treated like a child when I have years of work experience and also the considerable pay gap.

Afterwards, I plan on doing humanitarian work for a while, hopefully getting my master before I leave and then getting back into corporate.
>>
>>34041283

>Should I tell my recruiter I want to change the answer? Does my recruiter even get punished for doing this shit?

If there's a conflict between the information you present to the Army and what the recruiter knows about, yes, that can burn the recruiter's career to the ground. That's why they usually try to get on the same page. If you bring up something they were aware of and did not include in your packet, they're going to throw you under the bus to protect themselves.

>Now I am worried about them contacting my ex gf. She and I had a horrible breakup. And I wouldn't hold it against her to shit on my life. It's been 2 years since our break up but we spent 6 years together.

This goes back to clearance investigators not being robots. Everyone has people who dislike them, it's the investigator's job to find those people and get their perspective too. They're professionals who do this as a full-time job, they know to take an ex-GF's words with a grain of salt. Lying to a federal investigator in the course of an official investigation is a crime, and they will make interviewees aware of this.

>What I want out of the military is to serve my nation.

Most everyone else throws out this bullshit when asked, but is actually in it for the bennies. There's not even any shame in it.

>Learn real world practical combat skills

You'll get a week of basic combatives training and a couple weeks of basic marksmanship in the course of BCT. BCT is ultimately about cultural indoctrination and learning the rules of military life, not about making you an effective fighter.

>My strengths are in strategy and analyzing info, which is why I was thinking MI.

Analysis is usually an enlisted job. All officers are expected to exercise a strategic mindset, that's not MI specific.

>Afterwards, I plan on doing humanitarian work for a while

Be aware that if you do branch MI, that disqualifies you from working for the Peace Corps.
>>
>>34041381
I wasn't aware it would disqualify me from the peace corp. If that's the case then I'll opt out of MI.

Honestly this hassle and stress about my past has been pushing me away from even dealing with TSC.

The benefits are huge, absolutely no lie there.
As mentioned, I want to get my masters. That's probably the biggest one.

But I do genuinely want to serve my country. Coming from an Eastern European shithole as a kid to a nation that literally gave my family a second chance, it's a huge thing for me.

So then I'll ask one final question and then I'm off. And yes I have been doing my research for some time, but might as well ask someone who knows the ins and outs.

Since I want to learn how to be an effective fighter. And I want to lead as an officer and reap the bennies, should I go into combat arms? And although it doesn't seem like it, does Combat arms have a TSC requirement, or is it just a basic background check?
>>
>>34041450

There's other humanitarian stuff you can do aside from the Peace Corps. It's just one of those niche things a lot of people don't realize until it's too late.

>Since I want to learn how to be an effective fighter. And I want to lead as an officer and reap the bennies, should I go into combat arms? And although it doesn't seem like it, does Combat arms have a TSC requirement, or is it just a basic background check?

You're going to need a Secret clearance regardless, like all officers. That's a less in-depth investigation and mostly consists of checking records, but they can still interview people if they want to (you'll probably get interviewed).

If you want to be an "effective fighter", no basic branch pipeline is really going to offer that, it's not really what officers are there for. Either take courses on your own time, or try to get into some of the more "hooah" Army schools like Ranger school. Also be aware that infantry officer slots tend to be among the most competitive (after the small branches), so bring your A-game if that's your goal.
>>
>>34041512
I sincerely appreciate it anon. If I could send you some chocolates or some shit like that, I would. You've been more help than most anons on /meg/ have.
>>
>>34041512
I joined the MS National Guard as a 25N. I had to get a secret clearance. It's not bad.
>>
MEPS thursday. I manscaped for the physical, I hope this pleases the man who looks at my genitals
>>
>>34041565

Getting a TS isn't that bad either, honestly, it just takes forever.

People make getting a clearance sound much more difficult and scary than it is. Just be up-front and patient.
>>
>>34041283
Jesus, you talk a lot and don't say much.
>Should I tell my recruiter I want to change the answer??
No.
>Does my recruiter even get punished for doing this shit?
No, unless there's proof, which there isn't.
Relax, if what you're telling us is the whole story you'll be fine.
>24
I'm guessing your generalized anxiety has been holding you back in more than just this then, huh?
>>
>>34041595
I've had my Canadian physical

Will further tests check my fucking junk?
Because my lion has a mane and I don't know if I should cut it down
>>
>>34041595
if you didn't trim your asshole hair, you're wrong
>>
>>34035700
>USS Liberty
>>
19D, 12Y or 68P?

Leaning on Cav scout, but really unsure how it'll be. Really just want to do fun shit and have strong camaraderie but also want a trade to take back home.

any scout here can attest?
>>
I'm going to Air Force Basic in about two weeks. 96 on the asvab, and was recommended ground linguist.Tech school will be in Monoray, at the DLI. two and a half years of school, learning some language, and another 3.5 I'm the field. What should I expect?
Does the asvab mean anything anymore?
What the he'll did I get myself into?
>>
>>34042072
>19D
>kek
don't be a cav scout. you'll be in a mech unit doing dumbass mech unit shit. if you want to do shit like that just go 11x. go 68p if you think you want to get out eventually. i knew 2 68p and both of them made e5 relatively easy. they both got out and are x-ray techs going back to school. they have a full time job and use the gi bill to pay for their housing and education; can't really beat that.
>>
I already checked /t/, and my local libraries. Anyone have a copy of Breaking BUD/S? I've no intention of becoming a seal, but it looks like a good read.
>>
>>34042072
medical other than W is the best
>>
>>34041798
I didn't trim my hairy ass hairs at all and my MEPS doctor didn't give a shit
>>
File: really.jpg (36KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
36KB, 625x416px
>>34042565
>didn't give a shit
>>
>>34042587
I didn't do that on purpose, gomen
>>
ive posted this before but all i got was meme answers

>official charge was "misuse of 911", a misdemeanor
>didnt even get officially "charged" for it, only had to do a pre-arrest diversion program
>on record that I stated "theres a bomb under my school" into the phone

okay, let me tell the full story. I was at school eating lunch my friends, 15 years old. My friend had a flip phone but he had just acquired a smartphone and let me break the flip phone in half. I still had the broken flip phone in my hand, there were pieces hanging out of it and shit, i thought there was no way it worked. I dialed 911 because I thought it was the only time I could press those buttons without actually calling 911. I was joking with my friends and said "theres a bomb under the school" into the phone because who would actually do such a thing? Call in a bomb threat when they'll most likely get caught. I thought I was making fun of those people, I didn't think I'd actually become one of those people.
>mfw 5 minutes later the police show up and I get expelled from school

will the marines grant me a waiver, friends?

>inb4 youre retarded
listen, i know im retarded and i fucked up, alright? i know you probably think im lying but it really was an accident. the goddamn phone was split in half. i still have nightmares about that shit.
>>
dumbass ^
>>
>>34042803
>>inb4 youre retarded
>>
>>34042760
talk to a recruiter. bring up the charge before you talk about anything else. they should let you know what you need to do in order to be considered for enlistment.

>don't sign anything
>don't agree to anything
>>
>>34042466
What's wrong with mech units
>>
>>34041283
>My strengths are in strategy and analyzing info, which is why I was thinking MI.

lol

Translated: I play Warhams.
>>
>>34041450
>I wasn't aware it would disqualify me from the peace corp. If that's the case then I'll opt out of MI.

There's also an issue in hiring the other direction for the IC. If you worked for the Peace Corps there's a five year unhireable period.
>>
Nasty Girl here, wanting to go Active (am 11b). I know Option 40 isn't available for Prior Service, but is it possible to get an Airborne contract at least?
>>
This might be a but different but does anyone know what being an 0211 is like? I'm thinking of lat moving once I'm done with my deployment. It's either that or MSG.
>>
I want to talk to more branches, but my Army recruiter wants to take me to MEPS already. What's a good excuse?
>>
File: 1375931272586.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
1375931272586.png
43KB, 542x602px
What's life as a lifer like? Sounds melancholic.
>>
>>34043243
They don't like you talking to other branches. They will be pushy. Say you feel sick, and need a few days. MEPS is fucking important, they won't let you fuck up by being sick. Air force and navy are babied, so if you wanna be safe, be with them.
>>
File: IMG_1749.jpg (163KB, 720x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1749.jpg
163KB, 720x693px
Hey guys, I'm thinking about joining the navy but I speak fluent Japanese. Will they assign me to a base near the Japanese area or will I just be assigned to the sandpit southwest of europoor? Couldn't find anything online.
>>
>>34043391
just do it and see what happens bro
>>
I'm at MEPS, any one have any tips for the EDPT?
>>
>>34043548
did you study?
>>
>>34043570
For what?
>>
>>34043579
for the edpt
>>
>>34043596
What is their to study for? Logic reasoning, arithmatic reasoning? I got a 97 on my ASVAB if that's any gauge
>>
>>34043604
dont they have practice tests and shit? i dont know, man.
>>
>>34043608
SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIT.
I've been told it's the hardest test here along with the DLAB
>>
>>34038688
>wouldn't trade it for anything
Not even for some job satisfaction, you fucking turbo-diggit?
>>
So my recruiter is telling me that i can take my ASVAB online. Is there a catch? i have never seen someone mention the online test?

Also, he tells me not to cheat since they are going to make me take a''check out'' test later on (a smaller version of the test with the similar/same questions) is that true? i dont plan to blatantly cheat but i might try to get better scores on subjects related to the jobs i want...
>>
>>34043757

>I don't plan to cheat but I think I'm gonna go ahead and cheat.

The ASVAB isn't that hard, dumbass.
>>
>>34043757
No catch. You take the full test online and then when you go to MEPS you take one that has about 30 questions. For the most part they are the same questions you already saw so if you get them wrong at MEPS they will know something is fishy and probably make you take the full ASVAB there.

If you need to cheat on the ASVAB to get a required job, you're too retarded for that job. Do yourself a favor and be a cook.
>>
>>34043757
If you need to cheat on the ASVAB just go 11B, so at least you can pretend you're superior than everyone else.
>>
>Airmen
>men
>>
File: 1493047724611.png (162KB, 276x245px) Image search: [Google]
1493047724611.png
162KB, 276x245px
>>34043799
>>34043805
>>34043836

Lol i dont ''need to'', just checking my options.
>>
Leaving to be a nuke tomorrow.

Got a sunburn over the weekend all over me, pretty mild but stings to lay down.

Will meps turn me away?
>>
>>34036597
welcome to the military
>>
>>34044014
lol
>>
I'm off down the 18x pipeline in a couple, what can I expect of airborne training, sfas, etc?
>>
>>34044014
cheating will only get you disqualified assuming you take the validation test and end up sperging because they have a monitor tester there

>i wasnt going to cheat hurr just checking

pro tip if your CO score is anything lower than 87 just don't bother with the military
>>
>>34044788
Nobody here will be able to tell you anything that you won't find on professionalsoldiers.
>>
>>34044788

Have fun cooking my meals for me boy.
>>
Anyone else here going to Fort Sill in August?
>>
>>34045392
yikes rough time to go it's gonna be hot as balls, i'm probably going to be a benningfag in september
>>
File: 1454508746153.png (770KB, 729x718px) Image search: [Google]
1454508746153.png
770KB, 729x718px
>>34045444
When I went to a ranger training camp for some future soldier thing, I was talking to one of the rangers there and he laughed at me since I was going to be miserable as shit there. Apparently it's going to be very hot then very cold.
>>
>>34045392
Nah, going today. Waiting for my next flight as I write this. Anything I should know about Sill BCT?
>>
>>34045349
I know the whole "needs of the army thing" if I fail but assuming I get through SFAS what else can they fail me for and why?
Legitimately curious
>>
>>34045674
There's the Q course you'll have to worry about after SFAS. People have failed small unit tactics, SERE training, linguist etc. Look up the SFQC.
>>
>>34045727
I'm a survivalist in my spare time and do cqc drills with my 3 gun group, would linguist be easier if I took the language I did in high school, and what language is the easiest
>>
>>34045738
Probably spanish
>>
>>34045738
The Q course is over a year long, double that if they decide to make you a medic. You don't get to choose your MOS or language. You get to make a wishlist for MOS and the language is assigned based on which SF group you get put in and where in the world they need you to operate.
>>
>>34045841
Meant to say it's over a year long and you can fail out of it at any time.
>>
Hey. I recently completed Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning and while there received an 18x contract. The minimum requirement was a GT score higher than 110 and a PT score higher than 240. Despite barely passing pushups I got max score on running and sit-ups and I decided to challenge myself and take it. As many of you may know the first step is Airborne school. When I got there I failed to pass the PT test on the push ups portion and I was removed from Airborne school. Now I'm waiting to be reclassed from 18x. What are the odds that I can keep my 11B MOS or am I doomed to be needs of the Army and how can I increase my odds of keeping 11B?

Yes I know I'm a retard and a failure with weak bitch arms.
>>
>>34045851

If they need infantry at the moment, you'll stay 11b since you already went through training. If they don't, nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>34045851
So you got offered a contract vs chose?
I thought you had to have prior service or go through the pipeline directly to be a candidate
>>
>>34045847
>>34045841
So what would fail me?
Missing roll, serious offenses, or is it up to the cadre?
What is common to drop out on if I perform everything correctly?
>>
>>34045905
No. They offer 18x, Opt 40 and Airborne at Basic.

The logic is that they want a lot of candidates to choose from to get a few good guys.
>>
>>34045925
So I can go in 11b and then go to 18x vs going 18x right off the bat?
>>
>>34045935
Yes. More than likely, while in basic, the 18x liaison will swing by your company and be like "Anyone with a gt score of 110 and a pt higher than 240 come to this brief if you're interested in 18x". Then you say yes and you are in the pipeline after you sign. At least that's how it happened for me and people from other companies who I've talked to who got 18x in basic.
>>
>>34045920
Assuming perfect performance, you can still get peered out or dropped by the cadre if they decide you wouldn't be a good fit.

That's a mighty big assumption though.

>>34045935
There's no difference.
>>
>>34038433
>gunners mate
Do we have any lurking? If so, could you enlighten us regarding your line of work?
>>
File: 1467878663535.jpg (24KB, 302x216px) Image search: [Google]
1467878663535.jpg
24KB, 302x216px
I'm going full meme and joining the Marines like my hero General Mattis, how fucked am I?
>>
>>34038799
Law enforcement. Easy as that.
>>
>>34046117
Embrace the suck.

If you can do this, it should be fine.
>>
>>34041116
double this. I also want to know.
>>
>>34045444
I'll hopefully be in Benning for OCS this September
>>
File: 1473881915128.png (765KB, 1280x903px) Image search: [Google]
1473881915128.png
765KB, 1280x903px
I really need someone to talk me out of going Cav Scout other than hating mech units -- which is the exact reason I'm going that instead of Infantry. I want to be in a vehicle and go shooty tooty
>>
>>34046420
>work at a car wash everyday
>deploy and get blown up by an IED

sounds fun
>>
>>34046448
Doing boot shit like washing cars is expected, even if I were to choose 11B, that being said, should I just go 11B?
>>
>>34046016
So people get it with dumb luck then?
I just wonder if instead of threatening laps when you mess up they threaten to DQ kind of thing
>>
>>34046500
The only luck required is not getting injured.

SF is different from Rangers. If they have issues with you, it won't be something that can be solved with PT.
>>
>>34046420
there's no real difference between an 11b and a 19d. you both do dismounted patrols, trained on the same weapons, and get the same training opportunities. the only real difference is you get to somewhat play with strykers and bradleys.

from what i gather, cav units are "deploying" to europe. you might get lucky and deploy to afghanistan. but you probably won't be doing anything particularly special over what infantry does.
>>
>>34043686
I enjoy my job you illiterate coner fuck
>>
File: 1424402606661.jpg (49KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1424402606661.jpg
49KB, 700x525px
Should I start listening to Willie Nelson to get along with the rednecks at basic?
>>
File: 1494322218497.jpg (432KB, 1306x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494322218497.jpg
432KB, 1306x1000px
>>34047183
>Be me
>2016 going into Infantry OSUT
>Graduated in 2017
>Scared as balls everyone there is going to be a gung ho alpha
>Get there, fatasses, bronies, weebs galore
>Have bonafide shameless furry in my platoon
>Get along well with the weebs
>We form a little click
>Don't really get fucked with though because we're still decent soldiers and can /bant/ with the jocks and shit

Basically Basic is like High School with the same clicks and mentality. Really the entire Army is like High School.
>>
>>34047292
Yeah, this is basically every branch as I've found out.
>>
>>34047319
That's real life really. Real life is just like High School no matter where you go.
>>
>>34047292
Are there weebs in the Marines?
>>
Should I join the Army or Marines
>>
File: 55211.jpg (61KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
55211.jpg
61KB, 670x503px
>>34047292

I want to believe

>27 yo nerd
>Wasn't raised in the states so my English is iffy sometimes and i am afraid of cultural shock with the gringos

I am still joining tho and i like this country a lot, but i just know i will feel so out of place at first.
>>
>>34047401
Oh. I thought you were afraid you were autistic. You should be fine. Well to be honest most foreigners in the Army I have come across who are older are almost always shitbags especially if they are darkies with a few notable exceptions. Just don't stand out and get in with the older crowd. If you're older you might have to normify a little.
>>
File: 1490757740613.jpg (92KB, 1244x701px) Image search: [Google]
1490757740613.jpg
92KB, 1244x701px
>>34047401
estas en buena compania, compadre
>>
File: birdhouse.jpg (235KB, 1300x974px) Image search: [Google]
birdhouse.jpg
235KB, 1300x974px
I'm probably going to enlist in the Army soon at 32 going on 33 years young. Heh. My wife and I are going over BAH and finances, and came across a number of military couples who live off-post and buy a house that has a significantly lower mortgage than BAH offered, and use the money left over to renovate the house and pay on it, making it gain equity for a few years, then either selling it off or renting out to another couple when duty station changes. Sounds intriguing. My wife and I are both handy people can could fix up a home that needs a little love. How realistic is this? Sounds almost too good to be true. Granted, I know some housing markets suck right now so it's not always the best option.
>>
>>34047466
Navyfag here. That's totally realistic. I'm not married but I know couples doing what you describe. You just have to be ok with other guys fucking your wife while you're deployed. Because, I don't care how much you trust your wife or think she'd never cheat on you, she's gonna fuck other guys while you're deployed.
>>
>>34047571
I'm such a nice guy I offered the idea of surrogate cock while I'm away. Her response was, "Nah. I'll just use these." *wiggles her fingers*

It's nice having a pretty anti-social introverted gal.
>>
File: 1459700867142.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1459700867142.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
Is it easy to kill? If you feel like you can't you can't, right? Do the feelings change while you're in the situation?
>>
>>34047752
when someone else is trying to kill you and lack the empathy that you would want towards you, a lack of empathy for that person from your part will be overwhelming and pulling the trigger will seem almost necessary
>>
File: 1493903713463.gif (333KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
1493903713463.gif
333KB, 500x296px
>>34047630

>Pretty

English is not my main language; do you mean pretty as attractive or that she is very anti-social? Odd question, i know. I am just trying to improve my English and this got me curious.
>>
>>34047879
both

t. I've fucked his wife
>>
>>34047571
Do military wives really cheat this badly, or are you fags just a bunch of /r9k/ rejects? I feel like the reality is somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>34047879
I'm using it like "very" in this sentence.
>>
>>34047393
what job are you looking to have?
>>
File: rhino.jpg (154KB, 995x800px) Image search: [Google]
rhino.jpg
154KB, 995x800px
Are there any real benefits to being aircrew in the AF besides "I get to be in planes"? My recruiter was toting them as some special few since the roles are limited
>>
I can't find any goddamn info on the MOS I want.

I want to go in as a 4341 Combat Correspondent, but I can't find any good info. All I know is that it was Joker's job in Full Metal Jacket, but I actually want the damn job for non-meme value because I want to start a career in journalism.
>>
>>34047938
>flight pay
mother fucking extra pay son. so you can get some rims for that camaro.
>>
>>34047920
Combat medic
>>
>>34047962
You can't be a Marine medic, you'd have to join the Navy and become a Corpsman.
>>
>>34047951
you take pictures around post and on deployment. write up an article, give your article to the oic for approval. what more do you need to know?
>>
>>34047975
Is that a better route to take than going 68W in the Army?
>>
>>34047989
if you want emt for free, no. if you want to have an easier time in pursuit of becoming a nurse, yes. otherwise they're the same job.
>>
Anyone have experience with Ranger RRC? I couldn't find anything online. What would a normal pipeline look like, Basic > Infantry > Airborne > RSLC > RASP? And would an option 40 get you there?
>>
File: Bp3-B-6CIAAcO5B.jpg (26KB, 573x483px) Image search: [Google]
Bp3-B-6CIAAcO5B.jpg
26KB, 573x483px
>>34047913
Dude, I only know this because me and my other single sailor friends fuck Military wives while their husbands are on deployment. You can literally find them on Tinder

>Mfw I have become Jody
>>
>>34048050
And not one rejected any of you? I highly doubt this
>>
>>34048037
rrc is specialized. i believe they pull from the batts rather than having it as an option for recruitment.
>>
>>34047976
What regiment do they usually get assigned to?
Are there good opportunities to get promotions?
Is it easy to get a job after enlistment in a journalism field?
Also, I get to take pictures? Is combat camera completely different than what I think it is then?
Would my pictures and articles have any chance of getting published outside of the military?
Will you actually combat shit or look at people combat?

That's about it.
>>
>>34048050
The military has always had a young, horny population and the fucking has never been lesser or different. It is what it is, it always will be, and those who fight wars care little for repressive "morality".

>Ashore it’s wine, women and song; aboard it’s rum, bum and concertina.
>>
>>34048037
>>34048072
>The current recruiting drive is targeted at male soldiers in the ranks of Specialist through Sergeant First Class (E4-E7) from the infantry, field artillery, medical and communications military occupational specialties (MOS).
>The company also has vacancies for infantry (MOS 11B) Staff Sergeants (E6) and Sergeants First Class (E7), communications and information systems operation Privates (E2) through Staff Sergeants, medical privates through sergeants first class, and privates through sergeants first class who are unit supply specialists (MOS 92Y) or automated logistics specialists (MOS 92A).
>Limited officer vacancies include one infantry Major (O4) position, two infantry Captain (O3) positions and one position for a Chief Warrant Officer 2 (CW2) holding MOS 350F (all-source intelligence technician).
>>
>>34048061
I never said that. But there's a huge Military population where I'm stationed (Norfolk) and there are more than a few who are dtf.
>>
>>34048113
>stationed in nofuk

sucks 2 suck famo

I'd rather go to groton desu
>>
>>34048113
I was just questioning the "every single military wife WILL cheat on you" mantra that everyone seems to spout on here. No doubt there's a lot, especially since a lot of people marry way too early on in their relationships. I just doubt that it's EVERY single wife.
>>
>>34048127
It's not like I picked Norfolk. I'm just making the most of my time here. I'm gonna try to get on the west coast for shore duty once I'm done here. Also, Groton? With CT's gun laws? Nah senpai
>>
>>34048075
>What regiment do they usually get assigned to?
i believe you are a part of division, not regiment.
>Are there good opportunities to get promotions?
got no clue. probably not being as it's a specialized field.
>Is it easy to get a job after enlistment in a journalism field?
i would say so.
>Also, I get to take pictures? Is combat camera completely different than what I think it is then?
how else would you be a journalist? you get issued a camera. typically a digital nikkon with a fancy lens.
>Would my pictures and articles have any chance of getting published outside of the military?
potentially, but not likely. the stuff you do is typically about unit training and engagements during deployment.
>Will you actually combat shit or look at people combat?
probably not. you might though. wouldn't be a guarantee.
>>
File: 1448863414620.jpg (83KB, 958x572px) Image search: [Google]
1448863414620.jpg
83KB, 958x572px
>>34047960
How much extra pay we talking? My recruiter is ass and not informative at all. I have non flight crew jobs on my mind currently, but if there are some that have good enough civilian prospects I can be swayed
>>
Are there a lot of Filipinos in the navy?
>>
>>34048113
Not him, but I'm not an anime protagonist with a childhood friend waifu I can trust. Real women are whores and I don't trust any of them. Until the government reforms the marriage/divorce system I'm just not down to get married to someone who will cheat on me as soon as I have my back turned then divorce me and take my pension away when I find out.
>>34048142
>No doubt there's a lot, especially since a lot of people marry way too early on in their relationships
When you marry doesn't matter, since women can play the long game for years, then cheat on you when you're away.
>>
>>34048142
Well I hope your's doesn't cheat. And obviously not every single wife cheats, but it's definitely more than your average lifestyle. Think "freshman year of college where everyone is still trying to keep up long distance relationships"

Oh, and swinging is huge around here too, but that's a bit different
>>
>>34048149
>shore duty
>reenlisting

have fun with that I'm trying to reach EAS ASAP so I can go back to being a degenerate at music festivals again
>>
>>34048186
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be a lifer. I'm just gonna get an easy 3 years out of the Navy for all the shit I've had to deal with so far. Also I plan to finish college on the side.
>>
>>34048154
it increases with you time in service. 150 a month every month you fly. increases to 225 after 4 years and 350 after 8. an extra 1800 a year is a decent addition to a down payment on a car.
>>
>>34048152
Vague, but about as good as I've found anywhere else. Thanks for the help, bud.
>>
File: dick in track.png (137KB, 960x383px) Image search: [Google]
dick in track.png
137KB, 960x383px
>>34048215
Alright, that is pretty decent, but do any of those jobs translate to civilian world? I have a feeling that airliners don't need boom operators or flight engineers.
>>
>>34048219
i mean if you're looking to get into journalism, do it. you can use your service history towards getting a degree in communications if you'd like. it's a pog job and you're comparing it to a kubrick movie. it's not going to be a call of duty rush of shit taking pictures shoulder to shoulder with 240b gunners. you go through training, get posted to a correspondence team within division, and you write articles. there's no big mystery behind it dude.
>>
>>34048256
>fedex
>dhl
>usps
and any company or corporation that flies cargo really.
>>
>>34048284
>it's not going to be a call of duty rush of shit taking pictures shoulder to shoulder with 240b gunners
Drat.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494813142379.jpg (24KB, 517x410px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494813142379.jpg
24KB, 517x410px
>>34033252
I made second class (e-5) today!
>>
>>34048256
Aircrew are wise to do twenty and retire. Many bank their paychecks and live off their TDY pay which is on top of other allowances.
>>
>>34048363
More money! Now think "career" and set yourself up for E-6.
>>
>>34048363
i hope you enjoy being in control of your seamen.
>>
File: 1495480135192.jpg (66KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1495480135192.jpg
66KB, 500x383px
>>34048383
God no. Im out in about a year. Going to nice to be free.
>>
>>34048393
Our only seamen leaves in like 2 months. I got a really annoying 3rd i get to fuck on. He looks like a goddamn mole-person
>>
I just got to DLI as a 35M straight out of AIT.

Am I supposed to believe that despite being MOS qualified, I'm still going to be considered IET for the next 18 months? People I went through Huachuca with that didn't qualify for a language are already getting settled into a regular army life at their duty stations.

The annoying part is that according to the new AR 350-6, us qualified 35M (and we all have orders awarding us our 35M MOS) aren't even considered IET or part of IMT.

I didn't realize when I was signing up that I was waiving my right to drink or have sex for over two years.
>>
File: gettingfucked.png (156KB, 662x538px) Image search: [Google]
gettingfucked.png
156KB, 662x538px
>>34048606
for reference
>>
>tfw have to take sec+ soon
>tfw put off studying
so what should i reclass to when i inevitably fail?
>>
>>34048606
>>34048619

You'd have to ask someone at DLI since I don't personally know the answer, but...

>drinking

Why is it a big deal to not be able to drink, supposing that it's the case that you aren't supposed to? Are you an alcoholic?

>fucking

You don't fuck and tell, or fuck someone when it's going to be a problem, do you?
>>
>>34037827
Not smart enough to go Navy aviation instead
>>
>>34047913
You don't touch officer wives.

Enlisted wives, though, are open season.
>>
>>34048924

I've read articles by Naval Aviators saying that the Air Force is the better choice if you want to fly.
>>
>>34048785
cook
>>
>>34038958
i almost drowned once. its not that bad. its mild disconfort in the loungs, you just feel like suffocating before you accept your faith and passout.
a worst way of dying would be burn to death, literally pain non stop untill you die or go to shock
>>
>>34048072
>>34048097
Cool thanks. Not trying to go for it myself, I just find the selection process for tier one sof fascinating. Now I don't entirely get >>34048097 , is it saying they'll take anyone from the Army with the correct rank and classes? Or just regiment guys?
>>
>>34049251
they're saying that they're only taking 11b e6 and e7 and only taking lower enlisted ranks to e6 for medics and s shops. if you want to get into rrc straight outta ait you need to be a medic or someone that would work in the s shops. otherwise they are only taking recruits e-5 and e-6 from the batts.
>>
>>34036597

Mine is a fucking bastard who kicked my waiver up to MEPS and has let it rot for about 6 months.
>>
>>34038799
Gee fucking wiz, Batman. Maybe retired at 40 or 50 and enough of a sustainable income and a life of discipline so I can start whatever business I fucking feel like.

Or go aviation, being a pilot with infantry experience has worked out for me so far.

Or I guess I could have gone supply and keep doing nigger things when I get out.
>>
>>34038823
Guess what dirtbag, if you don't act like a dirtbag all the time, nuke can be pretty sweet
>>
>>34038821
Please don't listen to >>34038862 they sound like someone that read a recruiting brochure once and is know basically a three star general.
>>
File: 1411368894059.jpg (50KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
1411368894059.jpg
50KB, 640x358px
Will weed be legalized in our time so that I can get security clearance bros?
>>
>>34049956
Did you get arrested for it? Either way, how about you lay off that shit if you want to enlist.
>>
>>34049363
what kind of waiver?
>>
>>34049974
No, but I wouldn't pass a lie detector test when they ask if I did the herb
>>
>>34050082
wew lad, did you lie on your SF86?
>>
>>34050082
polygraph tests are notoriously unreliable, im not saying you should try to lie, but there are some pretty easy ways to get around those tests.
>>
>>34050140

Most of the stuff people use to "get around" a polygraph just produces inconsistent results. That's great news if you're trying to make sure evidence doesn't get admitted to court or something, it's completely useless if you need to take a polygraph for a job like you might have to in the military.

>Cool, these results are inconclusive, I guess you don't get the job.

Either way, having smoked pot doesn't disqualify you from a clearance. Just put it down on your SF-86 and there's no need to ever worry about trying to "beat" a poly.
>>
>>34050137
NOPE. I did on my enlistment papers and I'm going to at MEPS propaply.
>>
>>34044014

honestly, alot of the questions on my confirmation test were taken straight from my actual test. Like I didn't even need to think about the answer. If you do cheat and then fail the confirmation, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>34047989
Get your NREMTB before you enlist.
Automatic promotion to E-4 and you get to skip 7 weeks of AIT. EMT phase is the hardest and most stressful. Most people that fail will fail during emt phase.

If you join the Navy and go Corpsman there's no guarantee you'll be a medic for Marines. Even then you'll likely be sent to some non-combat Marines. The corpsman rating is over manned.

68W there's a higher chance you'll go to a line unit. You'll likely work both in a clinical setting and as a line medic. Unless you're a ranger/sf there's no guarantee.
>>
>>34048606
Yes. I'm at DLI right now. Everyone can drink except the army.
>>
>>34050657
>EMT phase is the hardest and most stressful. Most people that fail will fail during emt phase.
Out of curiosity, what happens when you fail? Medics tend to be smarter, so the Army wouldn't just place them in a shitty MOS, would they?
>>
>>34050758

Intel guys are usually smarter than medics and intel washouts get sent to be truck drivers all the time. Nobody is safe once "needs of the Army" kick in.
>>
If I feel shame at the prospect of being a POG should I just go grunt

What do grunts even do during peacetime
>>
File: 1449944139063.jpg (137KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449944139063.jpg
137KB, 600x800px
>>34052041
Have fun!
>>
Hey, meg.

Prior service with a re3 discharge. I was a corpsman in the Navy for nearly a year before I got separated, got passed Basic, A school and was almost done with C school(Ft.Sam was ass btw) till I had some anxiety issues come up.

What are my chances of getting back in? If I get the go ahead from my doc saying im good and do well on the ASVAB (got a 72 last time without studying, wanna get a 90+ this time) will I get a shot?
>>
Any pitfalls in 25x to be aware of?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.