[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s problem with Bullpups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 29

File: L22A2.jpg (25KB, 416x191px) Image search: [Google]
L22A2.jpg
25KB, 416x191px
I mean, personally i see them as superior to Conventional Rifles.
Having the same munitions and barrel length while keeping the rifle itself shorter (most cases I've seen Carbine length).
Even then you can shorten them down to Bullpup Carbines which are small in size while matching their counterparts.
Pic is of the L22A2 (L86A2 Converted i believe) and its total length is 585 mm (Smaller than a MP-40 with stock Folded - 630 mm)
>>
File: IMG_2899.jpg (78KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2899.jpg
78KB, 600x338px
>>34032994
The cutest design of rifle
>>
Only if it ejects downward.
>>
Ergonomics matter.
>>
They're absolutely great. On paper.

Then you handle one, and realize they're awkward, as ergonomic as a loaf of bread, usually too heavy, and almost always come with a trigger pull inferior to that of a conventional rifle. And good luck switching shoulders, unless you've got the tactical tuna fish.Furthermore, barrel length isn't nearly as big of a deal as you wankers make it out to be.
>>
>>34033005
F2000?
>>
>>34032994
EM-2 doctrine showed promise, but americans killed that and any truly successful bullpups after as a result
>>
>>34032994
>What's /k/'s problem with Bullpups?
Civilian scum who cannot comprehend having to have only one rifle for one job, so have never actually had to hold a rifle for 22 hours a day, so neglect the fact that a rear balanced rifle is comfortable to hold for 22 hours a day.

The write off the shit triggers without knowing that military rifles are supposed to have shit triggers so you can distinguish a cocked or decocked with slight pressure without negligently discharging.

They write off the fact that they're left hand unfriendly because most armies teach how to shoot right handed anyway because lefties are just minority mutants, and that most lefties end up with SAWs.

They don't take into account that a shorter rifle with the same length barrel is more accurate due to reduced weapon sway.

They are admittedly rear heavy, but is a pro if you're used to pummeling irishmen all day.

The only advantage a conventional firearm truly has is that they are easier to pivot for CQB.
>>
>>34032994
They can't afford any of them or the ammo it takes to become proficient enough with them to not have problems with their unconventional BoA.
>>
>>34033029
So what are Armies from Europe and The Commonwealth still using them?
>>
>>34033005
>>34033007
>I've never touched an A3 aug : the posts
>>
>>34033107
A3 is ergonomically the worst.
>>
>>34033054
France (not for much longer)
Britain.
Australia.
Austria.
Ukraine (they're producing thier own domestically produced TAR-21 as The FORT & limited service AUG)
Portugal (limited service of TAR21)
Belgium (limited service f2000)
Croatia VHS2 (limited service of f2000 and AUG)
Slovenia (F2000)
Poland MSBS (limited service AUG & F2000)
Ireland (AUG)
Italy (limited service AUG)
Serbia (limited service AUG)
Luxembourg (AUG)
Singapore SAR 21.
>>
>>34033112
>I've never touched an A3 aug : the post
>>
>>34033119
>cuck
>>
>>34033124
>no argument
>faggot
>>
>>34033119
>>
>>34033137
>>34033112
He's right

go fingerfuck any AUG, not just the a3, they're pretty nice.
>>
>>34033140
>>
File: 1471785058973.png (208KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1471785058973.png
208KB, 396x385px
>>34033005
Ergonomics are 99% subjective. Somebody who's only ever used a bull-pup is going to think the ergonomics on a conventional rifle are shitty. Say what you want about the SA80, but at least you can operate the whole thing with just your left hand. None of that bullshit you get with an AR when you want to hold the bolt open and you have to take your hand off the pistol grip.

2bh, bull-pups tend to have heavier triggers, I'll give it that, but the triggers work just fine. Yes, AR triggers are better, but the SA80 trigger is still fine.
>>
>>34033054
Austria,Australia,Malaysia,Jamaica,Croatia,Poland(msbs can be),Ireland,France until the 416 comes in fully,Pakistan.
>>
I see it as being more like nobody just hasn't really made a widesoread bullpup that's all around better than, say an AR. The concept has got potential definitely.
>>
>>34033140
Im your huckleberry.
I own a few. While we can all disagree on ergos until we're blue in the face, all bullpups -including the A3- have swamp triggers.
Can that be overcome with proper training? 95%.
Does that make it a shit weapon? No.
Does it allow it to be classified as "superior" to conventional rifles? No.
I love me some bullpups, a lot of the start of my collection was pups. But to try saying they're superior or think even an A3 isn't wonky in the trigger is suspect as fuck lol.
>>
>>34033151
Oh shit did i just do a double negative there, would the right way to say it be "nobody just has made"?
>>
>>34033007
Theoretically couldn't someone design a lighter one with a decent trigger? Or does the requirements of a bullpup make it such that it tends to be heavier, and for some reason has shit triggers.
>>
>>34033107
>>34033119

No grabby barrel with the AUG. There's a reason JSOC dumped the VFG except in very specific circumstances; because it generally sucks for most combat applications.

>>34033118
Israel specially designed the TAR/SAR-21 for desert and urban combat, and their elite units won't use it; they chose conventional instead. That's pretty telling imo.

>>34032994
Honestly OP, bullpups aren't bad rifles at all. More bbl for less OAL is awesome, and it naturally points at the ready which is perfect for keeping shooting lanes covered while operating operationally. The shitty trigger is a meme imo, as a fighting gun doesn't need a damn target trigger. I think most ppl who oppose the bullpup design do so because they are American; some probably too lazy to learn a new manual of arms but logistics concerns are very valid in the US. ARs come cheap and parts and armorers are on every corner; good luck finding an AUG or Tavor for less than $1000; or someone local to fix one for that matter.
>>
>>34033196
Idk where you live, but I suppose I'm lucky for having three gunsmiths in my area who don't seem to have a problem working on my bullpups.
>>
>>34033196
>Israel specially designed the TAR/SAR-21 for desert and urban combat, and their elite units won't use it; they chose conventional instead. That's pretty telling imo.

You will find most special forces tend to steer away from the regular issues as they're gear queers and want different tools.

more likely is that special forces have different weapons for different missions.

When i was overseas we regularly saw "them", often armed with sterile L119s, but if they were embedded with us then they would use '80s to prevent attention being drawn to themselves.

But out and about on their own they would always use l119s for the same reason, they could pass themselves off as PMCs, same goes for INT corps at MP/CPs.
>>
>>34033194
Hell yeah someone could, infact i think even i could, no kidding. In my personal opinion all engineers in charge of designing bullpups so far have been just fucking idiots.
>>
>>34033196
I don't think special forces units refusing to use a weapon is telling of much desu. Different tools for different jobs.
>>
>>34032994
Fired an F88 Styer quite a few times when I was a cadet. They're pretty shitty guns.

Crap trigger pull, shitty ergonomics, poor weight distribution, awkward mag changes. All for what? 4 inches off the overall length?

The only thing good about it was I got to fire a select fire rifle in Ausfalia. They would make okay second line guns (i.e for non combat soldiers) but they suck for combat troops.
>>
>>34033005
As does height, weight and strength.

Ergonomics is completely subjective. A 5'7 67kg manlet will have a hard time with the SA80 compared to a 6'0 80kg fella.
>>
>>34033281
I knew women who were 5'7 and 9 stone who could lug around an '80 like it was nothing.

anyone who complains about the SA80s weight has never carried one, or is a manlet REMF.

Because the weight is to the rear it feels half the weight in your hands and half the weight in your shoulder,
Even with the UGL, two sights and a LLM it only just starts to feel the weight of an american m4 in the shooting position.
>>
>>34033297
>>34033281
I retract that i'd say a third of the weight in your hands.
>>
>>34033226
>gear queers
I think that's lazy analytics. They're professionals, they choose a tool for a purpose, not looks.

>>34033244
I disagree. Combat maneuvers might change, but fighting is still fighting.

Conventional units often suffer for politics; they get issued based on lowest bidder, mass produce, logistically feasible, contract nepotism etc.

SF units can choose any weapon on the planet. Their results are often based on extensive field testing.
>>
>>34033301
no. special forces do quite a bit just to rub their status into the faces of the "little people."

part of the appeal of being in those units is the ability to flaunt military uniformity without consequence. read Mike Durant's book. he talks about one pilot who was an operator, then went to school to be a helicopter pilot, then did everything he could to join the nightstalkers so he wouldn't be harassed for being out of uniform all the time. he wanted to wear oakleys and all that, and make the stuffed shirt sergeants major have to deal with it.
>>
>>34033326
>one bad apple
Chip on your shoulder, anon?

I've worked with JSOC quite a bit in the field. There are assholes, but most are good dudes. Even if you don't want to believe anecdotal evidence, stop and think for a moment. You are seriously suggesting, as community, they just want to be cool so bad they're willing to compromise their combat effectiveness? Because that's frankly absurd.
>>
>>34032994
Part of the question is whether the Barrel/OAL is actually important to you.

Muzzle velocity doesn't mean much for accuracy when your rifle isn't built to exploit it and most bullpups aren't. But it does give you options in ammo selection - ammo built for 14.5in barrels has to burn much more quickly to achieve similar velocities which reduces barrel life, has temperature and pressure problems, and has even caused damage to bolts. If you want to avoid that, maintain OAL for MOUT/CQB/Vehicles and still maintain velocity related capability (like AP) a bullpup is an option.

The problems with bullpups aren't insurmountable, just like how the problems with maintaining capability in short barrels aren't. Cost can absolutely come down, their manufacture is not intrinsically more complicated. Traditional rifles are just well established and its hard to compete with the AR aftermarket and years of development behind it.

A bullpup trigger can be improved, but it is never going to be better than a traditional rifle trigger of the same quality. It is almost always going to be worse. Transmitting force over the length of the rifle isn't easy or free. Transfer bars flex slightly, or rub, or slip. But after a certain point, you don't need to improve triggers for general purpose - a good enough bullpup trigger will be more costly than a good enough conventional trigger, but they'll both perform the same.

Ejection and handedness are both already solved in many bullpups, but it does mean you can't just convert a conventional design. Eject down, with non-reciprocating charging handles, with ambi-safeties and you'll be more ambi than most conventional rifles are.

Manual of arms is a matter of training. The armpit reload is the closest thing to a significant issue, but most people bring their rifle away from their chest when reloading anyway. Its really no more significant an issue than the placement of the AR15 charging handle.
>>
>>34033393
>The armpit reload is the closest thing to a significant issue
Armpit reload while prone is a PITA but the most significant issue imo is clearing a double feed.
>>
>>34032994
At least you've admitted that you're stupid.
>>
>>34033029
>They don't take into account that a shorter rifle with the same length barrel is more accurate due to reduced weapon sway.
Wow, this is so marginal I'm sure even the coriolis effect has more impact when shooting at 100 yards.
Also, A bullpup being heavy to the rear is a bad bullpup. A good bullpup is balanced rear/front. Like the Famas. Except being balanced still doesn't make it a good rifle at all.
>>
>>34034340
>100 yards
> Never fired on goat fucking moon speaking people on the mountain opposite, in the next town over or in a desert.
>>
>>34033112
Everytime I hear this it gets me right in the giggles because there's no fucking way you can pick up an Aug and not feel right at home. Unless you were raised exclusively on the tacticool a-urr fideen and never touched anything else
>>
File: hTYD5FSh.jpg (275KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hTYD5FSh.jpg
275KB, 768x1024px
>>34033157
>all bullpups -including the A3- have swamp triggers.
>all bullpups
No.
>>
>>34033301
>SF units can choose any weapon on the planet
No they can't. They still have to conform to government standards and inventory. And they choose AR rifles because those have the biggest aftermarket and modularity.
>>
>>34032994
>ctrl+f
>"trigger"
>20 results
M-muh trigger... fuck you guys are whiny.
>>
>>34032994
Because /k/ is mostly made of of American civilian shooters, who are almost exclusively shooting AR-15s + some AKs.
So we tend to view things from a very biased, civilian AR-15 centered perspective.

This leads us to have unreasonable expectations on rifle weight and trigger quality, and dismiss anything that isn't 99% AR-15 manual-of-arms as "clunky" or "slow".
>>
File: F90_LRIP.png (887KB, 898x429px) Image search: [Google]
F90_LRIP.png
887KB, 898x429px
Do the aussies have the best AUG?
>>
>>34033382
>You are seriously suggesting, as community, they just want to be cool so bad they're willing to compromise their combat effectiveness? Because that's frankly absurd.

I'm not the poster you're talking to, but it's closer to the truth than you think.

Certain SAS troopers deploying to the Gulf in 1991 genuinely did not know that the desert got cold at night. SEALs, to this day, have no knowledge of Infantry warfare and repeatedly disregarded attempts to bring them up to speed with it. Special forces units have deep problems and they're compounded by certain people who get involved with them.

They are not immune to the sort of idiocy that effects other units.
>>
>>34034408
In our army you can buy and use whatever equipment you want, just so long as it meets certain requirements such as CE mark, or you can sign a waiver that basically says anything bad that happens to you because of the equipment is your own fault.
>>
>>34032994
" i see them as superior to Conventional Rifles"
well that's just your opinion mane
>>
>>34034432
And if the biggest pool of buying option fit a AR pattern, what are you gonna buy?
>>
>>34034432
>In our army you can buy and use whatever equipment you want

What third world shit Army is this, because every QM on the planet would have an absolute nightmare if his guys were walking around with unissued weapons and gear.

Every NATO special forces unit has an armoury, same as any other unit. This armoury has everything ordered in, which is serialed and catalogued. Private gear is fine if it's not a firearm.
>>
>>34033246
>A few times
>When I was a cadet

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>34034447
The cadet poster is determined to talk about subjects he has no experience of whatsoever, but qualifies it with "when i was in the cadets"
>>
>>34034432
are you isis? cos no real army does that
>>
File: 53454.jpg (63KB, 564x476px) Image search: [Google]
53454.jpg
63KB, 564x476px
>>34032994
>>34033007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_WGkwvmhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5agRGu1s0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFhEMvTyPtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLs1eOs4nHg
>>
File: 1492492458864.jpg (73KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
1492492458864.jpg
73KB, 620x515px
>>34033029
>military rifles are supposed to have shit triggers so you can distinguish a cocked or decocked with slight pressure without negligently discharging
>>
>>34034520
He's right that service rifles are supposed to have shit (more accurately, heavy) triggers, but he's wrong about "distinguishing between cocked/decocked".
Military triggers are heavy because they have much stricter drop/abuse tests, and that you would never trust your average mong around a light trigger.

Same reason why police forces often have DAO pistols.
>>
File: PP kit.jpg (350KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PP kit.jpg
350KB, 1800x1200px
>>34034432
>>34034446
>>34034468
British. All the equipment is issued,and bought along, its just a choice to use something else thats better.

For example we (my platoon (recce all went out and bought Warrior DCS plate carriers and pouches.

The Osprey Is pretty good but the DCS is fantastic. We all had to sign off that we weren't gonna wear side plates.

Hell i even know a guy who used to carry a glock 20., another who used his own scope on his long, and plenty of guys bought knives.

The shit may cost a bomb, and money is important, but not important as the life of the guy next to you.

Pic related, Warrior Admin Pouch, some non issue gloves, crye plate shirt, fast mags, Foldable grip and solid rail covers.

>>34034520
>>34034553
If you can't tell whether a rifle is cocked by the resistance bump in the trigger you don't shoot enough.
>>
>>34034520
lol it's true you fucking retard

>anime poster
>doesn't actually know what he's talking about and thinks others are dumb
what a surprise
>>
>>34033241

t. Enfield
>>
>>34034606
>If you can't tell whether a rifle is cocked by the resistance bump in the trigger you don't shoot enough.

You still don't trust a mong around something with anything less than a 10lb trigger pull.
>>
>>34034606
>All the equipment is issued,and bought along, its just a choice to use something else thats better.

You said that SF units can "use any weapon on the planet" which is not the case.

>Hell i even know a guy who used to carry a glock 20., another who used his own scope on his long

You fucking walting cunt
>>
>>34034677
Not him but tellic 6 staffordshires' would be walking around with .40 Brownings and some .45 knockoff of the 1911
>>
>>34034725
Cadet freak
>>
>>34032994
You have never fired one.
>>
>>34034674
>You still don't trust a mong around something with anything less than a 10lb trigger pull.
I know a guy who ND'd himself twice before he even got in the army, he then got ND'd by an american.
>>34034677
never said that, i said we can purchase any equipment we want. As could they if it meets certain requirements

Call me a walt again and i'll curb stomp you and collapse your wind pipe you Crowbag.

Half the guys who were in my platoon when i joined were walking round shankill road estate with private purchase handguns in addition to beasting all sorts of subhuman scum just because they went to the wrong church.
>>
>>34034606
>If you can't tell whether a rifle is cocked by the resistance bump in the trigger you don't shoot enough
Most military personnel shoot a couple times a year at most. They don't have unlimited allotments of ammo.
>>
>>34034807
>Most military personnel shoot a couple times a year at most
> Not having to wake up half an hour early for waking up half an hour early (AKA 2AM) in order to get to the ranges 6 hours early.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyydJOemUQ4
>>
>>34034832
To shoot 3 mags worth of ammo.

And then clean your rifle for 6 hours.

Oh I've been there.
>>
>>34033029
>>34034553
>>34034606
>>34034613
>milfags check if the gun is cocked by pulling the trigger
>engaged sear = round chambered
Ladies and gents, this is why military rifles have heavy trigger pulls.
>>
>>34034771
Walt faggot
>>
>>34034874
My company was issued a stupid amount of 556 to use on exercises in germany.
We weren't allowed to take it back to blighty and the other platoons left before we did leaving 16,000 rounds with us.
thats about 600 rounds per person.

Sounds fun but when they're still in boxes that haven't been magged up...
My thumbs hurt just thinking about it.

>>34034919
not pulling the trigger.
You can tell the '80 is cocked by how far forward the trigger is, if its cocked its fully forward, if its about 2/3rds the way forward then its not cocked.
>>
>>34034771
> despite it being completely illegal in the UK to own a handgun (without ridiculous stocks and barrels to meet certain specifications) by firearms law, which soldiers also comply to, we were completely allowed to buy, carry and use our own pistols as we saw fit

Uhm, yeah, nah. Blokes with full Condor webbing/chest rigs because its better kit is one thing, flagrantly flouting the law 'cus we were allowed to by X' is another.
>>
>>34032994
>What's /k/'s problem with Bullpups?
Ultimately, because most bullpups are simply shit. They are unergonomic and non-ambidextrous, and the ones that aren't tend to have their own issues. They also tend to have shit triggers as a byproduct of their design, which can certainly be remedied with aftermarket ones, but that's generally an irrelevance for military rifles.Theres the often cited as a bullpup done right AUG, which is admittedly pretty solid, but it is (like the FAMAS and F2000) marred by a general lack of modularity and limited capacity for modernization which was IMO poorly addressed in the A3 (just adding a big quad rail is p clunky, Lithgow appears to have done it in a far more thoughtful way but its Australian so I expect shit QC). Then there are the horror stories of the SA80 program and to a lesser extent the FAMAS (the ammo issues are overblown, but earlier rifles were quite picky by all accounts) which further sullies the reputation of bullpups, so I guess theres that. Plus there are Russian bullpups, which are nearly universally shit on account of being by and large converted AKs zero provisions for being used as bullpups (OC14s eject hot gas in the users face, since you get the same back-gas of a suppressed krink but right by your cheek) which is sort of to be expected I guess. It all adds up.
>Having the same munitions and barrel length while keeping the rifle itself shorter (most cases I've seen Carbine length).
Not really as important as it is made out to be. Extra barrel length is nice and all, but after about 14 inches you get diminished practical returns. The added performance will be there, but not in a capacity that pvt Joe will notice even with a good optic.
>Pic is of the L22A2 (L86A2 Converted i believe) and its total length is 585 mm (Smaller than a MP-40 with stock Folded - 630 mm)
Not really that impressive, since the MP40 like most WW2 era SMGs, is pretty massive by modern standards.
>>
File: 1491446128089.jpg (94KB, 1051x699px) Image search: [Google]
1491446128089.jpg
94KB, 1051x699px
>>34033029
>Lefties are minority mutants

DELET
>>
>>34035050
> Shankill road.
> Northern Ireland
this implies this was either years ago before the ban, or were registered to carry as you still can in ulster.
>>
>>34035128
My geographical knowledge of council estates isnt what it used to be..
>>
>>34034520
Fucking no guns anime poster get out
>>
>>34034771
Weird freak

>Half the guys who were in my platoon when i joined were walking round shankill road estate with private purchase handguns

Considering the process to get a CC would last longer than a Banner tour, you're telling lies again.

>>34035128
Yeah, if you're a resident. And go to the police station, with your gas bill and ID, then get your carry permit and piece which cost more than a months wage for an Infantryman at the time.

UDR/RUC were issued them. Resident battalions did not have the time or fall under the legal requirements to procure their own weapons.

Fat walting cunt. Tell us some cadet dits.
>>
>>34034771
>Call me a walt again and i'll curb stomp you and collapse your wind pipe you Crowbag.

Did they print that on your Duke of Edinburgh award you eternal victim? Cadet.
>>
>>34033007
Want to know how I know that you are no guns bong?
>>
Watch out lads, he was probably an NCO in the cadets, multiple tours of Go Ape, Pirbright cookhouse and a go round in the barracks at Deepcut means hes not to be trifled with
>>
>>34035171
>>34035194
Crowbag alert.
>>
>>34035222
You made the claim that SF troopers could use any weapon they liked. It was then pointed out to you that they can't. You then started going on about what other things you have, which are not weapons, which you claim to have used. Then, instead of just leaving it at that, you alluded to "half your platoon" buying handguns, getting PPW permits and carrying on the Shankhill.

Infantry battalions were not allowed to procure weaponry in country, nor were civilian weapons allowed in armouries from the onset of Banner. Concealed carry pieces were issued to the COPs and to those undertaking similar duties. They were not bought privately and they were not issued in any great number or routinely. To acquire a CC in NI you need to be a resident there and have joined a NI gun club.

RUC and UDR were routinely issued carry pieces, so they didn't buy them either.

Why don't you just turn the computer off and go have a lie down?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
Wouldn't a bullpup that's weight is mostly in the rear be better than a conventional rifle that's weight is mostly in the front if you're going to be putting a lot of stuff on the forearm?
>>
>>34035303
Please reread.
Not him
my platoon bought DCS.
I knew guys having served in the 80's regularly carried handguns. And were regularly issued to even REMFS like RE.
>>
>>34035363
They very well might have done, if they were doing a job that required it. Not because they walked into an Ulster gun store and under civilian rules bought a PPW privately, because that would be impossible.
>>
>>34035344
>Better
No
>Different
Yes
>>
File: Britsh-Flag-Nazi-Salute.jpg (58KB, 634x370px) Image search: [Google]
Britsh-Flag-Nazi-Salute.jpg
58KB, 634x370px
>>34035376
> Implying Ulsters can't join the army.
>>
File: VHS-D1.png (759KB, 950x670px) Image search: [Google]
VHS-D1.png
759KB, 950x670px
>all bullpups have shit ergonomics
WRONG
>>
>>34035391
> time for range work
> half the platoon have to go home to get their special snowflake pistol rounds
>>
>>34035402
>Chinweld
Of all the things to copy off the famas, why that?
>>
>>34035438
And if they bought 9mm?

> actually shooting at the ginger pricks and not battering them to a pulp.
>>
>>34035486
Hope they also bought basically a whole spare pistol save the frame to use as parts because RQMS sure aint paying for that shit
>>
>>34035473
It looks cool?
>>
>>34035391
You're a very strange individual who has been caught out lying on multiple occassions, yet keep at it.

If there was an operational requirement, they would have been issued them as certain individuals were. If they were in RUC/UDR then they would be issued en masse. If they were Ulstermen or any type of Irish serving in other units, then they would have been equipped and under the legal status of that particular battalion or unit.

There is no instance in which a soldier serving in Northern Ireland would have to buy a PPW whilst serving in a unit, regardless of the unit or its nature or their place of birth. For those that would legally be able to due to residency, they would be issued them and unable to keep private weapons in the armoury. For those that are legally unable (ie, anyone born outside of Northern Ireland) they would not be able to purchase firearms in Northern Ireland but may be issued them on a requirement basis.

You are lying, over and over, on a topic which you have no experience of whatsoever. Any weapon used by a serviceman that was taken on patrol had its serial, optic number (if applicable) and any accessories detailed. If you fired the weapon, the details were taken and the investigation was carried out. That's how tight things were over there. If the weapon you handed in wasn't in the armoury then you were going to get an interview with someone unpleasant.

So even if you passed the legal framework, managed to get a CC that was legal for a civilian with an NI address, kept it in your kit (despite every patrol and every sangar man being inspected prior), you would get career endingly fucked if you used the thing.

Happy now, walt?
>>
>>34034732
literally what?

are you implying I'm a cadet?

because I was in 94
>>
File: 1494178084971.jpg (74KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1494178084971.jpg
74KB, 800x792px
>This thread
>>
File: 20170522_160941.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_160941.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Bestpup coming through
>>
>>34034606

>glock 20

I get you are on a Columbian gardening forum, but don't make your lies that obvious you soppy cunt
>>
>>34034431
>SEALs, to this day, have no knowledge of Infantry warfare and repeatedly disregarded attempts to bring them up to speed with it
i want to know more about this
>>
>>34032994
Disclaimer: the L86 might be the worst crap issued worldwide.

Bullpups are fine, but unfortunately most of them suffer of basic issues. FAMAS and their "discardable" mags, shit triggers, non-ambidextrous ejection ports greeting the shooter's face with brass, etc. You see a universe of bullpups without a single solid one and you just assume they suck. They don't need to, tho.
>>
>>34032994
I held a few at a gun show once (Tavor, Kel-Tec RDB, some other monstrosity I didn't recognize) and was shocked by how uncomfortable they all were as far as balance. I didn't get to fire any of them, but I imagine the extremely backheavy center of gravity would cause horrible muzzle rise in sustained fire.

I have always loved how they look, but having actually picked a few up would never ever buy one unless it felt completely different from the ones I held.
>>
File: milkdud elles-headermud.png (308KB, 960x338px) Image search: [Google]
milkdud elles-headermud.png
308KB, 960x338px
>>
>>34033143
>"If I repeat my retarded and wrong lies enough maybe I won't seem like a complete dunderfuck!"
>>
>>34037085
> L86

The L86 is the LSW variant. The service rifle is the L85A2. The fact that you cant even get that simple fact right indicates you know absolutely nothing about the weapon apart from memes and heresay.

You utter mong.
>>
>>34037177
You would be surprised that the muzzle rise is very minimal.

T. Tavor owner
>>
>>34036550
Fuck off make your own thread fel reeeeeee
>>
>>34038733
Mmm fuck me daddy
>>
>>34037592
A3 is ergonomically the worst
>>
>>34033029
>They write off the fact that they're left hand unfriendly because most armies teach how to shoot right handed anyway because lefties are just minority mutants, and that most lefties end up with SAWs.

Just curious, but what is the reasoning for this?
>>
Boy howdy do I love critical failures, ejections, hot gas, and all the other fun of a receiver RIGHT NEXT TO MY FUCKING FACE.

And boy do I love having to lift my point of aim in order to reload.

And Gosh golly do I sure love it when I drop prone and the cheek welled says 'fuck you, I'm out!'

And don't you know it, I sure do love it when a blow to the stock can ND.
>>
So how many of you have used bullpups in sustained combat? Playing means nothing.

How do they do in war? No secondhand opinions. You fought or you are a larper.
>>
>>34039168
Just to add, having actually had to use one of the fucks, these are not armchair opinions, so disregard any civscum that hates these reasons because it blows their airshit fantasies out of the water.
>>
>>34034447
>>34034464
Gives me more experience with the Steyr than the 90% of people here, so no.
>>
>>34039181
>so have any of you used the guns you owned in combat or defending yourself like in airsoft or the range like me with my 10/22?

>if not you are a larper.

Ftfy noguns
>>
>>34033003
that rifle is a massive hideous brick. truly representative of british design.
>>
>>34033149
you don't have to take your hand off the grip to operate the bolt hold you faggot.
>>
>>34039299
Guess how I know youve never touched an L85...
Also
> massive
> shorter than an M4 even with a longer barrel
>>
>>34039347
>jams.
>breaks.
>>
Lotta dipshits who learnt on a "normal" rifle and don't want to change.
>>
>>34034394
What caliber is the top one?
>>
>>34039361
> thinks we still use the A1
> the equivalent of saying all ARs are shit and jam because the M16A1 did in Vietnam

And inb4 'hurr durr its an A1 in da piktchur'
> A2 is exactly the same dimensions as an A1, the vast majority of changes were the internals
>>
File: 0428171608.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0428171608.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>34033157
But.....thats wrong.
>>
>>34039421
>breaks again.
Oi cunt want to know how I know your cheeki ass nevah touched a rifle bongboy?
>>
>>34039462
I did a glock and L85A2 weapons handling test last week.
Want to know how I know youre a thick as fuck yankee doodle?
>>
>>34039486
>noguns detected.

>I got to touch a glock and a l85a2 so im a expert on these now fite me.

What bong is it there in that muslim country?

This is why we need flags.
>>
>>34039545
> moving the goalposts that hard

Standard yankee doodle tactic, keep trying hard enough and eventually someone other than you might believe it.

Also:
UK: 93%+ white
US: <58% white

But im sure youll just sit there in your cocoon of denial and keep throwing shit at a wall hoping some sticks, eh Pablo?
>>
>>34039361
Ian from FW actually enjoyed firing the A2 and praised it.
>>
>>34039600
>moved a goal post.

>I was in the presence of a L85a2 and a glock im a expert now to my internet friends.
>>
>>34039600
Americucks still feel pride when they see those images of white soldiers pointing guns at other whites who didn't want nigs in their schools
>>
>>34039708
> you claimed I had never touched a rifle
> I never claimed to be an expert, only that I have done a WHT recently with a rifle, which by logic involves touching a rifle
> 'bbbut you has no guns reeee'

Thats what you call moving the goal posts. And thats why everyone thinks Yanks are spasticated.
>>
>Singapore conscript
I've used both SAR-21s and M16s. SAR-21 has plenty of stupid design problems that aren't related to it being a bullpup, but the squishy trigger is definitely a standard bullpup issue. The weight balance makes it a hell lot more comfortable to hold and walk around with though.
>tired, walk around with it dangling from one hand
>get nagged at, always be ready etc etc
>shift to holding it across the front, tucked in on the mag pouches, other hand just resting on top of the handguard, comfy as fuck
Also, fuck bayonet drills when your stock is that fat.
>>
>>34032994
>>>34039462
>I did a glock and L85A2 weapons handling test last week.
>Want to know how I know youre a thick as fuck yankee doodle?

>>34039797
>I got to wave guns around so im the end all be all expert of glocks and L85A2s please respect my wifes brown child.
>>
>>34039854
> put words in someone elses mouth that they didnt even say
> then proceed to ridicule the very points I just falsely attributed to that person that they didnt say
> HURR DURR I WIN U SUCK LEL

American education, everyone.
>>
>>34039854
You even referenced your own post where you say 'want to know how I know youve never touched a rifle' followed by my post which clearly indicates I touched a rifle.

Youre just embarassing yourself now Juan. Dont you have lawns to trim or something?
>>
>>34039895
>>34039919
>no guns bongs.

Fite me IRL bongs. You can bring you ski jump carriers too if you are feeling frisky.
>>
>>34033003
But that's completely wrong you fucking tea nigger.
>>
File: 1447559064701.jpg (205KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
1447559064701.jpg
205KB, 780x840px
>>34034606
>tfw you could go operatin with a nugget
>>
File: 1402687365881.png (76KB, 1456x909px) Image search: [Google]
1402687365881.png
76KB, 1456x909px
>>34039953
>You can bring you ski jump carriers too if you are feeling frisky.
Only fair if you are bringing your scooter.
>>
>>34039400
308. It's my RFB.
>>
>>34036971
This sounds like bullshit
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-22-23-16-54.png (93KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-22-23-16-54.png
93KB, 480x800px
>>34040139
I actually really dont need to.

Hows that enrichment going?
>>
File: pla5.jpg (70KB, 650x338px) Image search: [Google]
pla5.jpg
70KB, 650x338px
most aesthetic rifle ever
>>
>>34039600
What? The US is %76 White dumbass.
London is %28 White.
>>
File: 1467194972073.png (106KB, 800x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1467194972073.png
106KB, 800x2048px
>>34040440
>>
>>34033382
I'm saying that the cool factor is a factor in what those units choose to use.

infantry rifles really only fall into two categories. good enough, or not. as long as you choose one from the good enough group, it doesn't matter what you use. which is why some rifles get used because they are cooler that others. as long as they are good enough, you aren't sacrificing anything, least of all combat effectiveness.
>>
>>34039099
fantasy
>>
>>34033029
>Civilian scum who cannot comprehend having to have only one rifle for one job, so have never actually had to hold a rifle for 22 hours a day, so neglect the fact that a rear balanced rifle is comfortable to hold for 22 hours a day.

The irony being a rear balanced rifle shifts most of the load to your trigger arm instead of split between, making it harder to use your rifle after holding it for 22 hours.
>>
>>34033149
>Ergonomics are 99% subjective.
wrong
>>
Bullpups are expensive as shit and having a rifle that propels lead out of the front of it and is cheap and easily replacable/fixable is more important than having a rifle that propels lead out of the front of it slightly more efficiently.

You know until you're clearing rooms in Civil War 2.0 and get your shit pushed in because Jamal grabbed the barrel of your gun.
>>
>>34042265
no.... a rear balanced rifle shifts most of the weight to your shoulder.
>>
>>34042325
You don't carry your rifled shouldered.
>>
>>34037592
>>
I don't even read most of the comments, I just look at the pretty pictures.
>>
File: 1494544138750.jpg (204KB, 1029x1738px) Image search: [Google]
1494544138750.jpg
204KB, 1029x1738px
>>34042089
> this much denial in one post
> trying to compare a major city to an entire country
>>
>>34042804
> when your country is the city
>>
File: 1495362675555.jpg (44KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495362675555.jpg
44KB, 540x300px
>>34042343
>>34042265
>>
Hey guys, I'm getting an A3 as a range toy when I get back from vacation. Any owners have suggestions for optics to put on it? I haven't really messed around with many
>>
>>34042804
>a nation the size of a small state.
>most populated city is 70% non-British.
>only gets worse as time goes on.
Kek, that damage control.
>>
>>34045285
You want something small, any large optic that's low will get in the way of charging the rifle. Aimpoint micro, or EOTech with a magnifier is GOAT. Oh and get the 20" barrel.
>>
>>34045313
I will look into the micro. And I understand the barrels are fairly easy to change, so I might get full size and a carbine length one.
>>
>>34045360
An A3 comes with a 16" with that, the rifle is like 28" OAL with the 20" is 32".
>>
>>34033029
the problem with left hand unfriendlyness isn't that left handed people have to shoot right handed. It means that if you're entering a room, you have to expose much more of your body at times, because you cant switch shoulders.
>>
>>34039446
>having a large flashlight and ruining the aesthetic
>>
>>34042006
its only the most aesthetic when it gets a silencer
>>
>>34042804
>clearly the most internationally known cities that have some of the largest international businesses clearly represent the rest of the country
>>
>>34033020
Don't blame americans
Blame pole smoking generals
>>
>>34042158
shieet
>>
>>34045874
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfidious_Albion

RIP UK
>>
>>34042089
New York City is below 15% white
>>
>>34045297
>Every major city has been ethnically cleansed of whites
>Political establishment calling for white genocide openly
>But hey look at Britain!
>>
>>34045734
What the fuck is that supposed to mean, you can't trade internationally without allowing foreigners to colonize your country?
>>
File: L85 B1.jpg (198KB, 800x303px) Image search: [Google]
L85 B1.jpg
198KB, 800x303px
>>34032994
they look better normal
>>
>>34045670
Yea yea I know. I plan on getting a new handguard to mount it internally . along with a curved butt pad (we sbr now) and new safety selecters. I still need to dial in the geissles triggers a bit more but overall im happy with it.
>>
Holy shit this thread got /pol/ really fucking fast.
>>
>>34039421
the M16A1 was literally the fixed version of the M16 that served until the mid 80s, I just hate when people perpetuate this meme
>>
>>34046452
It's mostly a Britain vs. America slap fight.

On-topic, I think bullpups are fantastic guns, but money is what supplies armies and supplied armies win wars, and especially when you can count on a designated marksman or the airforce at your beck and call to take out durkas at 500m all you need is a gun that kicks up dust to keep those durkas in place.

As a potential SHTF weapon, where those luxuries aren't afforded to you, I think bullpups are a great idea.
>>
File: 1475507946003-pol.jpg (72KB, 857x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475507946003-pol.jpg
72KB, 857x601px
>>34042804
>60% white
>vote in a Muslim mayor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH
at least the fucking whites in the US still have some idea national loyalty.
>>
File: white americans 1.jpg (1011KB, 1580x3391px) Image search: [Google]
white americans 1.jpg
1011KB, 1580x3391px
>>34046838
>whites in the US
>>
>>34046838
>voted for a nigger to be the leader of their country T W I C E

lol
>>
File: 1411932972336-3-ara.jpg (233KB, 459x747px) Image search: [Google]
1411932972336-3-ara.jpg
233KB, 459x747px
>>34047165
It was pity europoor.
Pic related.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.