[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I experienced a meme become reality yesterday...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 2eqasz7[1].jpg (279KB, 848x970px) Image search: [Google]
2eqasz7[1].jpg
279KB, 848x970px
I experienced a meme become reality yesterday...
>>
File: IMG_20170520_155759.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_155759.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>34029894
Rental gun at a range I was working at. I still can't believe that people are this retarded.
>>
>>34029902
Looks like they got one to feed into the chamber. Good for them.

Was it by any chance a customer of higher than average melanin content?
>>
>>34029902
Did they get mad at you for telling them that they were doing it wrong?
>>
>>34029957
I believe so, it was about 90/10, I didn't see who did it.
>>34029969
I was in the lobby fortunately
>>
>>34029902
What the fuck is with the peening around the rollpin on top of the slide?
>>
>>34029902
You have got to be fucking with us
>>
>>34030078
I've never detail stripped a springfield, but I'd assume it's just a typical shitty rental gun that was acquired in poor condition or has been lazily detail stripped and cleaned a few times.
>>
>>34029969
I like this
You won't believe how many new shooters would try and lie or exaggerate their experience with firearms in order to rent.
>"ok, so all of you have a good working idea on how to handle and shoot guns and the safety around it?"
>"Yea, I shot my buddies guns all the time"
>"when?"
>"last year or two, I think?"
>"alright, here's a handgun (unloaded) and I just need you to show me before I rent you and your group guns"
>proceeds to fail all safety guidelines and wrestles with the slide.
>"Okay, maybe I shot one gun 3-4 years ago, like 2 shots"

Why do people keep lying until they waste everyone's time and then fess up when it's apparent that they are lying?
I remember hearing a chinese lady responding, in chinese to her friends, "why would I worry about where I am pointing this gun if it's unloaded?"
They got kicked out 15 minutes later for flagging everyone over and over again.
>>
>>34030143
I sell firearms at a large retail store. Everybody talks like a fucking expert and then you hand them something like a Glock and they can't figure out how to close the slide with an empty mag.
>>
>>34030143
If it's unloaded then it's not dangerous to anyone. The "gun is always loaded!" meme was invented for literal retards, mostly in the military, that are required to use guns with minimal training.
>>
>>34030241
>The "gun is always loaded!" meme was invented for literal retards

This is true, however around things that are pretty damn good at killing people (guns, heavy machinery, etc.) you should always assume that everyone is retarded until they prove otherwise.

The "gun is always loaded" is the rule you give to beginners. After they git gud the rule becomes "always treat a gun as if it is loaded until you prove otherwise"
>>
>>34030241
So you're totally comfortable if a stranger held a gun with his finger on the trigger and sweeps or pointed at your direction?
>>
>>34030241
You're the reason why we have to be anal and treat all guns as if they're loaded.
How is anyone else at the range supposed to know that its unloaded when some showoff like you is waving it all over on a hot firing line?

Do you have any idea how frequently people sweep me with guns while behind the counter insisting its not loaded, then I clear it to find out that they are?
Happens all the time dipshit.
>>
>>34030359
It's never happened to him, so you're obviously lying.
>>
File: 20170305_222639.jpg (1MB, 1161x2064px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_222639.jpg
1MB, 1161x2064px
>>34029894
I set this up just to piss off people. Apparently it works.
>>
>>34030441
When you stand behind a counter dealing with idiots like him on the other side all day it happens more often than you think.
One time someone spun a loaded gun like a cowboy at me and had the nerve to act insulted when I reprimanded him because "the safety was on".
>>
>>34030461
see
>>34029902
>>
>>34030085
pawn shop clerk here, that shit happens..... trust me.

" is that unloaded"
"yeah"
>double check
> mag is full.... but hk style.
>>
>>34030202
it doesn't even phase me anymore. For the most part when I sell guns finger fuck the hell out of it in front of the customer so they can see how it operates in the hands of a l33t gunstore operator before they rack the slide and spend 30 seconds getting spaghetti on the counter attempting to make it drop again.

It's worse with compound bows/recurves
>ok mam that bow you're holding is 40lbs maybe you should buy the 20lb bow instead which at your draw would pull like ~15#
>imma stronk independant woman who don't need no advice.jpg
>same bow is in the returns by the end of the day/week
>ok sir so how much experience do you have with archery
>I just wanna nother season to hunt in bruh gunna git me sum deer
>bow hunting season is usually 2 weeks out
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>ok this is a 50-60lb bow and a 60-70 of the same make, then we have some that go from 20/40-70lbs etc etc.
>invariably ends up getting the 70# fixed limb because it's the cheapest big boy bow
>have learned to let them try drawing it back before actually selling them anything
>4/5 times will just about shit themselves and can't get the bow back. even at ~50#. Due to shit form and being bitch tit fudds/spicks/bubbas
>sell them the weenie hut Jr. version that can be dropped to 40
>have accidentally emasculated a few guys in front of their hot wifes/gfs during such shenanigans
>1 in 10 will have managed to dry fire it within the week or have royally fucking fucked something I told them not to dick with after I set it.
>>
File: 1438917013405.jpg (37KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1438917013405.jpg
37KB, 706x706px
>>34029894
hk is a shitty fuckin company that believes the civilian should not have their products. The best they can bring to market is a $2000 mp5 pistol and the POS that is the MR556, while every alphabet soup agency has giggle-switch UMP's and MP7's in every locker.

HK fanboi's will reply, memeing about german manufacturing laws, but there is NOTHING stopping them from making these designs from within the U.S.

Their products (the few that are actually fucking available) are somewhat decent, but still aren't good enough to be worth supporting kraut liberal garbage.

>inb4 bait
>>
>>34031085

>there is NOTHING stopping them from making these designs from within the U.S

You do know that they have to be sure that a product can be profitable before they bring it to market, right?

What's the point of tooling up for production of firearms when shit poor americans will complain and not buy because most wageslaves can't afford them since they either live in continual debt or are job market dead-enders. Go to any firearms website with a comments section and bask in all of the poverty sometime. Seriously, a dollar for every "too expensive, I'll stick with my AR-15" comment.
>>
>>34031207
The p90 seems to be doing just fine, and there's a serious gap in the market for a 45acp pistol-caliber carbine. Maybe not if you charge 3 grand for it, but $1500-$2k seems fair
>>
>>34031085
So you're mad a german company doesn't want to deal with the American civilian market? Makes sense.
>>
>>34031085
The only things *wrong* with the mr556 and mr762 are that they are heavy and the barrels are not chrome lined or nitrided (I personally want to see nitrided)

But really, hk doesn't have a rifle that stands a chance in the american market.
Very few people are buying 3k plus ar15s and 4k ar10s
The only rifles hk made that were unique enough to make their own niche in our market were the roller locks and hk is done with those outside of the mp5.
Plus ptr makes them significantly cheaper than HK ever did if you adjust for inflation (a hk91 in the 80's was 700 dollars)
In long guns hk has no chance here, the ar15 is too cheap and hk doesn't make cheap guns.
>>
>>34030143
>"why would I worry about where I am pointing this gun if it's unloaded?"

She has a point
>>
>>34030332
Goddamn. A seasonable person on /k/?

You must be new.
>>
>>34031207
lets see
>cucked barely armed european police agencies still rocking revolvers and mini 14s half the time
>almost no military contracts due to european military mismanagement and defunding
>no civilian market to speak of
vs
>literally every person over 18 in a country of 330 million who isn't a felon can purchase your product
>massive paramilitary police forces with use it or lose it budgets
>domestic manufacturing=potential US military contracts/licensing through weapons trials without having to ride the pine of tooling up and creating a factory if you finally win one vs having an established stateside manufacturing company
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.