[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the F-15 broke its record?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: crash.jpg (37KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
37KB, 450x253px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55lJYmvwyo

Video where Houthis said they shot down a Saudi F-15 with some new home-made AA missiles

While Saudis denied this claim.

I can't see well trough the video, but I think that the plane maneuvered and launched Chaffs, right?
>>
Saudi pilot probably panicked and punched out prematurely.

>sand monkey pilots
>>
>>34027245
broke what record?

F-15s have taken damage or been downed by SAMs before.
>>
>>34027245
No F-15 has been shot down in air to air combat. F-15s have only been shotdown by ground fire or SAMs.
>>
>>34027245
>home-made
>implying it wasn't originally Iranian weapons purchased from god knows where
>implying the houthis weren't trained by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard units
>>
>>34027245
so this is why the saudis buy so many weapons from the US then ?
>>
>>34028592

Basically. They can't build anything for shit there, and they can't use them properly either. The only thing they have is money to buy top of the line gear and hope it makes the difference.

Just like the guy at the range with the $10,000 AR-15 that can't hit anything at 100 yards.
>>
short range, high-speed, won't be homegrown. Possibly an HQ-7 or Herz-9.
>>
>>34028592
It's like Craftsman tools. If you break it, just bring it back and we'll give you a new one.
>>
>>34028592
As >>34028610 he mentioned.

Plus there's a prestige component. Notice how many nuveau riche types will splurge on stupidly expensive shit just to show off that they have money.

Now throw on traditional arabian gaudiness (GOLD EVERYWHERE, AND PURPLE TOO, AND IVORY!!) and there you have it. It's as much a status symbol to them as it is practical military gear. They'd buy nothing but HKs for the price tag and brand name alone, if it wasn't for the fact that they would have to hand them out to commoner soldiers.
>>
File: legacy.skyscrapercenter.com.jpg (135KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
legacy.skyscrapercenter.com.jpg
135KB, 534x800px
>>34031578

I think there is another component in the saudis case

They were essentially one of many nomad families until they lucked out and got the crown. Now they are overcompensating for basically having nothing to their name of note for most of history. They also need to "prove" that they are powerful and thus the valid rulers.
>>
>>34027245
In b4
>Muh Monkey Model
>>
>>34031711
thats all one continuous building?? Jesus
>>
>>34031889

Structurally no but effectively yes

Its to house pilgrims for mecca, at absurd prices
>>
File: sdghhjjj.jpg (380KB, 1280x810px) Image search: [Google]
sdghhjjj.jpg
380KB, 1280x810px
>>34031711
Mecca's come a long way since 1718
>>
Hamas claims it shot down 12 (twelve) Israeli F-16's in the 2014 Gaza War. Syria claimed to have shot down 2 Israeli F-15's recently which was also BS

Unless there's no wreckage you can't believe the claims.
>>
File: Stronkair.jpg (138KB, 1024x791px) Image search: [Google]
Stronkair.jpg
138KB, 1024x791px
Slavs and their sand nigger patrons have a long way to go
>>
>>34031578
They picked a great rifle though.
>not Saudi National Guard.
>>
Combat performance by Saudi's vs. Houthis has been about the same as Iranian revolutionary guard performance against ISIS, i.e. stalemate to slow progress by the major force vs. the local insurgents. Moreover, the Iranians actually needed to actually be bailed out by Russia the war was going so badly. Saudi's have (yet) to call in American intervention. yet /k/ always claims one is invincible ubermensch and the other laughable garbage.
>>
>>34031711
It may not be the tallest, but holy shit that building is massive.
>>
>>34027245
god bless the fucking houthis.
not to mention Iran was caught smuggling weapons directly into SA shia communities now.
hope they fucking pull out all the stops and hit riyaad with a dozen of those scuds or whatever they are using over there.

what kinda manpads do the iranians have to give them? Im sure they sent a few since the gulf states are giving ISIS metric tons of ATGMs and I think a few shoulder fired AA rockets.
>>
dammit people post Houthi battle footage
>>
>>34031973
Why isn't the Su27 and it's derivatives shown? I'd like to know how they've fared
>>
>>34032319

It has shot down some MiG-29s and I think a Su-25 for no air to air combat losses.
>>
>>34032319
The Su-27 family doesn't really have much of a record since they've practically never seen real air combat.

The only claimed kills by Su-27s were two to four MiG-29s when Ethiopia and Eritrea were at war with each other.
>>
>>34032373
still air to air victories. 4 kills no losses.

Althought its record is downright nonexistent compared to is more experienced peers.
>>
>>34031973
>give away promotional products to competent few
>they make a name for it
>now all the fat dudes buy it thinking they will do the same
Murricans are gods of marketing
>>
>>34031711
That place sucks. I lost $500 at the blackjack tables, and I'm pretty sure I got food poisoning from the buffet.
>>
>>34032439
Soviets deserved this kick in the nuts. Not because they were ill trained, but they were cocky fucks who became too arrogant for their own good.
>>
File: 1490777081763.jpg (63KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490777081763.jpg
63KB, 495x600px
>F-15 against a SAM
>no visible evasive maneuvers or countermeasures

did they forget to install the MAWS when they sold them to the Saudis?
>>
>>34031711
Would be nice to drop some nuke here
>>
>>34032725
When people say that this it gives the impression that they subconsciously believe that allah really resides there and can only be killed with nukes.
Like they want the god of science to battle with the desert god.
>>
>>34032502
>no visible evasive maneuvers or countermeasures

I can see it maneuvered high G's to the left and launched some countermeasures
>>
>>34032502
They forgot to install a good pilot more like
>>
>>34032020
The difference is that the Iranians are throwing shia militias equipped with shot mounted on tehnicals into the fight while the Saudis commit billions worth of the finest equipment money can buy, and their own soldiers. And then proceed to loose said equipment against sandal wearing rebels. Turkey was made fun of for loosing a few leopards in their all bab offensive, the saudis are loosing orders of magnitude more in equivalent equipment.
>>
>>34033075
>implying hardened shia militias of mercs with deeply engraved revolutionary guard command structure and special operation assistance is not the best Iran can offer.
Their actual conscript army would do horribly.
>>
>>34031973
>>34032439
These two images are posted in literally every single aviation thread on /k/ regardless of whether or not slavshit is brought up.
>>
>>34032020
Nobody has ever claimed that the Saudis are good at war.
>>
Srbja and Houthi great friedhip.... powerful anti air SHIT ON yuou saud haha american plane stink
>>
>>34033342
Probably. They're still poorly equipped.
>>
Any speculation what it was shot down with?
>>
>>34031711
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2420-6-things-i-learned-my-personal-pilgrimage-to-mecca.html
>>
>giving F-15s to Muslims

America WHAT are you doing
>>
>>34033561
I know, it's originally from the reddit board hoggit. Reddit fags need to fuck off
>>
>>34035022
capitalism
>>
>>34032319
I think the Flanker, and derivatives have a 6 kills to 0 air to air losses.
>>
>>34036438
Only against Mig-29s, though. That asterisk will get you every time.
>>
>>34035022
They are giving them F-35 next
>>
>>34027245
Pic related is Israeli and the pilot didn't punch out because the canopy is still in place. Learn to aircraft for fucks sake. That was an aborted takeoff.

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/f-15.htm
>>
>>34035022
Without US support those Eagles will sit on the ground. It's much better to hold the leash and make the money, and it's a LOT of money.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.