[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol triggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: a trigger for your trigger.jpg (46KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
a trigger for your trigger.jpg
46KB, 500x338px
Why doesn't every single modern pistol use an LEM type trigger, with a long trigger pull and short reset in single action? It gives you the easy consistent pull of a single action, with the safety of a double action.
>>
>>34026476
Glock owner here, some pistols have different purposes. A Glock is a bullet hose, as opposed to, say, a cz75 who's trigger is better suited for competitive shooting. Glock can be accurate too, but a cop or soldier cares more about reliability than accuracy.
>>
>>34026494
Like I said, the LEM has all the advantages of both types of trigger. Find a flaw.
>>
weapon safeties are literally communism
>>
Because a lot of the problem is the shooter, not the gun. But in an ironic twist, the gun is usually blamed in cases of accidents.
>>
File: trigger rebound spring tool.jpg (25KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
trigger rebound spring tool.jpg
25KB, 650x650px
>>34026476
t. person who's never had to do armorer work on an LEM trigger
>>
>>34026494
>Glock is a bullet hose
Literally 2 weeks ago I was plinking as a IPSC C zone steel target with my G43 at about 40 yards hit the vast majority of my shots (80-90% of I had to guess), and I'm far from a stellar shooter.
Glocks are plenty accurate for any combat/self defense purposes.
>>
>>34027430
They are needlessly complex. All it needs to be is a single action with a long trigger pull, which would be simple.
>>
>>34026976
>the gun is usually blamed in cases of accidents
Is it?
>>
>>34027484
>Glocks are plenty accurate, period
http://www.victorygunblog.com/blog/barrelrace17
>>
>>34027706
Having a long take up for the sake of a long take up does absolutely nothing to make the gun any safer
>>
>>34031783
Studies show that the triggers length, not its weight, is what matters when you're twitchy and under pressure with your finger on it. Which makes complete sense.
>>
>>34031995
There's a remedy already available for negligent discharges
It's called trigger discipline
>>
>>34032094
Really fires the neurons. I guess you must be way smarter than all the top defensive shooting instructors on earth who swear by DA/SA guns for their safety. I hope one day I too can be so smart I don't ever make mistakes under extreme stress.
>>
>>34032108
I'd sure like to see which "top self defense expert" says that the only safe defensive pistol is a da/sa.
>>
File: Dafuqs your problem.jpg (4KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
Dafuqs your problem.jpg
4KB, 240x200px
>>34026494
Why do nogunz post here?
>>
>>34032647

yfw he's basically right just being obtuse

>glockfags being this triggered
to be fair you guys are used to it with that long trigger
>>
>>34032673
I am literally the opposite of a glockfag. I had glocks and sold them for LEM HKs. The thing is they don't have long triggers at all, and they can be quite accurate, it just sucks having your knuckles rubbed raw.
>>
>>34032683
P30? Hk45?
If so you can send that to Bruce Gray if I recall correctly and he'll remove that trigger channel thing that rubs your finger.
>>
>>34031995
Got any links to studies? Legitimately interested
>>
>>34033530
Not him but I'm quite sure this is what he is talking about.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?21470-Info-on-FBI-study-regarding-trigger-weight-versus-length-of-pull
>>
>>34026476
I really respect LEM but I can see myself still preferring DA/SA with manual safety and/or decocker.

What if I want to take my finger off the trigger but still want the next shot to be SA?
>>
>>34033585
I really like DA/SA too. The fact that HK's are a bitch to take apart and the paddle magazine release are the reason why I will probably never give LEM a fair shake.

DA/SA gives me the safety of a double action gun and the shootability of a single action gun and the gun I carry has an incredibly smooth, shootable DA pull so there is no disadvantages to anything.
>>
>>34033609
>gun I carry has an incredibly smooth, shootable DA pull so there is no disadvantages to anything.
IKTF, some days my first shot is actually better in DA because of no bad flinch habit. Same deal as when I shoot weak hand only.

I know all about mag releases, my K100 has something so nightmarish in the magazine release button that the literal only detail strip guide on the internet doesn't even cover it and goes "unless you broke it, just don't fuck with it"
>>
Because I'm a competitor, not a soldier. Give me the lightest, shortest trigger possible with as close to no reset at all as you can make and I will be happy blasting away with a rock-steady muzzle.
>>
>>34033573
Thanks
>>
>>34031742

2.5" at 25 yards is more accurate than any human being will be in a self defense scenario. So is 4" at 25 yards.
>>
>>34026476
Some people don't like long trigger pulls.
>>
>>34033764
The average Joe should learn to like it.
>>
>>34034942
Depends on the gun.
I'm about to say fuck double actions and start buying single action only pistols. I hate the fucking triggers on DOA guns. It's not always just the trigger that fucks it when you dig into the mechanics.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.