[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HD Shotgun General (Home Defense)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: hd-shotgun-features-featured[1].jpg (672KB, 1140x474px) Image search: [Google]
hd-shotgun-features-featured[1].jpg
672KB, 1140x474px
So police trade in 870 or mossberg 500?
18.5 inch or 20 inch?
Extra ammo on the gun? Side saddle (plastic or Velcro?) Saddle on the stock? Feed stock?
Light? What mount?
Red dot?

00, #1, or #4?

Do you keep one in the chamber? Do you keep a full tube? Safety on or off?
>>
Velcro saddle, if at all
No
Sure, mount literally does not matter
No dot, rings or just use the barrel any closer
#4 with a slug at the end in case they end up in cover. 00 in saddle
>>
>>34025287
Oh and
Full tube. Chambered. Safety on
>>
File: DSCN1296.jpg (996KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1296.jpg
996KB, 2272x1704px
>>34025196
my preferences
>police trade in 870 or mossberg 500
either one
>18.5 inch or 20 inch
18.5 for me
(apartment, tight corners, small rooms, etc)
>Extra ammo on the gun? Side saddle (plastic or Velcro?) Saddle on the stock? Feed stock?
sidesaddle handsdown, plastic or velcro, as long as it retains shells during sustained fire
>Light? What mount?
light a must-have.. the RS Regulate mounts kick butt, clamps to the magazine, pic related
might go with one of surefire's lights
>Red dot
no, personally. with a wep light on, plenty of contrast is created..can see the front sight clearly
>00, #1, or #4?
internet fight incoming
>you keep one in the chamber?
one in the chamber, full mag, safety on
>>
Using a shotgun for HD is absolutely retarded. That said:
>doesn't matter
>18.5 inch
>yes, any side saddle
>yes, get Magpul furniture and light mount
>no red dot
>00 buck
>no round in the chamber, but doesn't really matter
>full tube
>safety on
>>
>>34025334
>Using a shotgun for HD is absolutely retarded.
Name a better option for poor fags for HD

NIGHTMARE MODE

Name a better option for poor fags for HD other than a shotgun OR a high point carbine
>>
File: 870 sks vz58 cz-85combat.png (4MB, 2014x1043px) Image search: [Google]
870 sks vz58 cz-85combat.png
4MB, 2014x1043px
>>34025196
Guys I have this 870 express with a 28" barrel for trap shooting. does having a 28" barrel make this shite for HD? tfw all i have are target loads
>>
>>34025366
i have a 26" express.
i got a cheapo 20" barrel from cdnn. made in china but it works fine for $60. much more maneuverable
than the 26" barrel. something to consider
>>
File: tru_prep.jpg (1014KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
tru_prep.jpg
1014KB, 2272x1704px
>>34025366
>28" plus target loads
would be very cumbersome..
shorter barrel would obviously make the gun easier to maneuver with indoors..

imo buckshot loads are the only reasonable choice for self-defense with a shotgun, if one has the ability to get them
>>
Always 870, much smoother than mossy. 18.5 bbl, side saddle yes, weapon light yes, 00 buck and cruiser safe - no loaded chamber. Shotguns are NOT drop safe.
>>
>>34025196
I'm a poorfag so Maverick 88
18.5"
I don't have any saddles but if it doesn't get in your way and its helpful then why the fuck not
I'd recommend a light, mount does not matter as long as it isn't complete plastic chinkshit but I use a cheap headlamp because i cant afford a good light mount
00 is cheap so that's what I load.
I keep full tube, chamber empty and safety on. In case of Tyrone breaking in, I grab gun rack slide and if it doesn't scare his ass off then safety off and fire. Gives me a bit of time to positively identify a hostile vs say just a bump in the night or my autographed Trump standee.
>>
>>34025366
28" is cumbersome, yes. Get a 20" like >>34025396 did and whichever shells you feel comfortable in a HD scenario with.
>>
>>34025356
Hi-Point handgun with HP ammo.
Any other cheap handgun with HP ammo.
>>
>>34025554
A handgun will never be better
>>
I keep mine loaded with large birdshot because I live in a dense neighborhood and my house exterior is old wood slats. Fight me.
>>
>>34025585
No
This is completely acceptable.
>>
>>34025287
>#4

shot or buckshot? If the latter, mein nigger
>>
>>34025196
Get a 590a1 20"
>>
>>34025691
4 buck duh
>>
>>34025585
Thats a piss poor idea. Youre better off throwing dildos at them.

This girl took a birdshot blast at about 5 feet away and it didn't even drop her. You DON'T want this to happen when some big dude is bull rushing you with a knife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoK1OAmDs2E
>>
>>34026328
I don't disagree, but you can't just say any birdshot is going to have the same effect in any circumstance. This girl was shot with 20GA #8

Now if you look at 12 gauge #4 shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqZaVQW7O4

You see it's not quite that pathetic
>>
I got a mossberg 590a1, gay blackwater edition. Kind of don't like it, the stupid shell holder in the butt doesn't work great, if you shoot hotter loads the shells just fly right out of the stock. Other than that it's pretty cool, just wish I would have got a slightly different version.

I don't keep anything chambered, saftey off. For shells I don't particularly care about what's loaded for defense. HD situations, realistically, are going to take place at maybe 10-15 foot range. Whatever shell you have loaded in there is going to blow the fuck out of whatever you're aiming at, at that range. I keep birdshot loaded, just because I like to shoot random rodent pests around the house like that, but i'd load just about anything except slugs just for hd.
>>
>>34026358
Thats a valid point, I still don't see the using in having subpar defensive loads on something you are counting your life on.
>>
Isn't #4 buck the lowest approved FBI shotgun round?
>>
>>34026328

Not really enough info to base your hd on from the video. They don't say what gauge the shotgun is, and it doesn't seem to be in working order as it misfiring several times on the dude, plus they don't say if the chick took a direct hit or a glancing shot or what.
>>
>>34026421
some people are afraid of overpenetration through drywall. You might be thinking "people don't use this as frangible ammo in their handguns" but I think their thought process is that you have less control over a shotgun's spread than you do over where (and when) you take your shots with a pistol.
>>
>>34026553
>"people don't use this as an excuse to use frangible ammo in their handguns"

fixed
>>
File: shortguns.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
shortguns.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>34025196
>18.5 inch or 20 inch?
No
>>
File: IMG_0904.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0904.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>34025580
How about a submachine gun?
>I should use this for HD until I can buy a KSG or something.
>>
>>34026553
>some people are afraid of overpenetration through drywall

You know you could jab your finger through most dryway....
>>
>>34026612
Yeah, but birdshot loses most of its energy after going through one wall (if it even makes it through)

I'm not saying they're justified. If I could legally keep a loaded firearm outside the safe, it would be a 590 loaded with #4 buck
>>
>>34026656
>>34026656
>having children

look at this dumb cuck
>>
>>34026775
I don't have children, would not keep birdshot loaded in HD shotgun, nor am I legally allowed to use firearms for self-defense

How did you even get your handler to let you post on 4chan?
>>
>>34025196
My LGS has Winchester SXPs and they seem nice, anyone have experience with them?
>>
>>34025196
Answer: Yes. A Red dot is overkill, just get decent ghost rings if you must have something better than a bead. Avoid slings.

Condition: Cruiser, shotguns are not drop safe. Full magazine, hammer down, empty chamber, safety off.
>>
>>34026813
It's a 1300 made in Turkey. There was a recall on them not long ago. It's probably from the same factory as the Stoegers.
>>
>>34026812
Oh I didn't realize you lived in a cuck country. I assumed you had to lock all your guns up because your wife's kids were too young to be allowed in a room with an unsecured gun
>>
>>34026945
>Oh I didn't realize you lived in a cuck country.

I do. Does this surprise you? There are plenty of Canada threads
>>
>>34026906
I see, I've never used a Stoeger shotgun but I hear sketchy things about Turkshit so I'll keep that in mind.
>>
870 20" w/rifle sights, +3 extension
No sidesaddle
No light
No optic

It is easily the most bubba gun I own but goddamned if I don't love it to death.

>iron sights are set at 100 yard zero w/ Federal true-ball slugs
It's hilarious to outshoot dipfucks with mini14s with an 870
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.