[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until Tinnitus goes away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (10KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 194x260px
Was at the range yesterday and I took out my plugs before some jackass just came up and started firing his M4 all willy nilly. He fired like 6 shots within 10 seconds and this dude himself wasnt even wearing hearing protection. Was legit deaf for about a minute whilst I was like "what the fuck dude?" put my plugs back in, finished and left. Been 12 hours and I still have muffled sound and ringing (kinda like a sinus infection) and i'm a little dizzy. How long until it comes back to normal? My right ear is fine, if that means anything and I can still hear, even some higher pitches, its just muffled/ringing
>>
Never

It never goes away

This is how it started for me
>>
>>34024391
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on 4chan.

Anywhere from 2-5 days.

Many genetic and health factors at play here. Hah, get it? "here"

You may have suffered permanent hearing loss.

I use plugs AND over-ears for dual decibel reduction/absorption.
>>
Well It's gotten better since it happened, imo at least. So what, i will need a hearing aid if it doesn't get better?
>>
>>34024427
>i will need a hearing aid if it doesn't get better
unlikely
>>
>>34024420
Nope. Maybe if you're only exposed to it a few times it goes away.

I was an Infantry douche and I'm hearing there EeeeeEeeEee as I type this post. 6 years later. Honestly it's getting worse, or I notice it more.
>>
>>34024391
For you probably a few days. My friend didn't wear earpro and shot 60rd at the same time as like 10 others and his ears rang for 3 or so days. If it's your first time you should be fine.
>>
This is the first time i've ever heard a rifle close proximity like that. I hate the sound of un-muffled gunshots and I've never conciously fired one without it. My dad does all the time and I don't know how he can stand it.
>>
I don't really care about the ringing as much as the muffled sound
>>
>>34024391
>range day
>dude "teaching" his chick how to pew pew
>he has beretta over ears
>she only has plugs and they are not in very far
>they have been shooting a while i guess
>i brought my .44 mag (erm, i mean 10.9x33mmR for you anti-imperialist units fuckers)
>+P+
>BOOM.wav
>FLASH.gif
>this chick nearly jumped out of her skin
>falls to her knees, holding her hands over both ears
>her bf is not concerned
>i open one side of my over-ears to show plug underneath
>bf sees my demo, knows i'm criticizing him to his girls face
>butthurt, they leave
>while still in the range, i could hear her yelling at him in the lobby of the store
>>
>>34024391
>How long until Tinnitus goes away?
Anon... I...
>>
>>34024444
>Nope. Maybe if you're only exposed to it a few times it goes away.
This varies greatly per person.
Making an absolute statement like yours shows limited thought/knowledge.
>>
>>34024462
>My dad does all the time and I don't know how he can stand it.
It might be because of your mother.
Don't hate me for this thought.
>>
>>34024479
you do realize that if this story that you have told is not false information, that you probably made this woman hate guns?
>>
>>34024489
Read my post... I said "Maybe".

Did I claim expertise? I simply said in my case experiencing over long time it's permanent. Go suck a dick Poindexter, you aren't impressing anybody.
>>
>>34024494
DESU, you're probably not wrong.

Even still, it just feels swollon inside my ear. Also, I just noticed that when I put my hand over my right ear the ringing stops, wtf
>>
>>34024511
Your inference of a few times outweighs your "maybe" part. It is about intent and interpretation. I read the maybe part, but 34024489 is right.
>>
>>34024525
Old fudds will rinse the ear canal with luke warm salt water. I don't recommend this with ruptured ear canals.

If Q-Tips aren't for your ears, WTF are they for?

Stick a Q-Tip GENTLY into your ear canal. STOP the instant any discomfort. Is it orange, brown or red?

Orange is a wee little bit of blood in the wax.
Brown is old scabby blood.
Red is fresh blood.
>>
>>34024534
It's orange, my dude.
>>
File: m_subjective-tinnitus.jpg (69KB, 749x431px) Image search: [Google]
m_subjective-tinnitus.jpg
69KB, 749x431px
>start shooting at a young age
>Run wild and Free innawoods with 10/22
>Get in the bad habbit of never wearing ear pro because lol 22
>Get a 12 Guage
>Get a 30-06
>Continue to shoot without hearing protection for a while before I wisened up
>To this day just want the "eeeeeeee" to stop
>>
>Clicks on a thread about tinnitus
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
every fucking time.
>>
>>34024528
No. Your lack on having a grasp of the English language outweighs your ability for logic. It's plain as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, simpleton.
>>
>>34024538
Make a sick visit with your primary care physician, or stop in an urgent care.

Tell them you were using a chain saw to remove a small tree and you used cheap ear plugs.

Now your ears are ringing and such.

They may prescribe some antibiotic drops to prevent infection and more damage.
>>
>>34024551
>Your lack on having a grasp of the English language outweighs your ability for logic
Desu desu, both anons are speaking crystal clear english. Go have your autistic tantrum under your mommy's covers.
>>
>>34024563
Sounds fun. Then teach him the word maybe mommy.
>>
Ear damage can start at aound 90dB. Guns can reach 160dB. Ear damage is permanent and cumulative. You'll recover from the pain and diziness but you've aquired that EEEEEEEEE forever. always ALWAYS wear earpro for every calibers. I even wear it when mowing the lawn and using tools like a chainsaw. Only time I ever shot a gun without earpro was an SVT-40 with one of my two cups not over my ear and that scared the ever living fuck out of me. Now I make sure they seal correctly.
>>
>>34024508
true story, /k/bro
>>
>>34024580
This.
I'm quite worried of people who were NOT taught of this in elementary school biology lessons.

When in doubt, double up your protection. Plugs + electric earmuffs at high volume is a great trick that lets you hear speech yet eliminates most if not all noise damage
>>
>>34024580
The ringing doesn't bother me. I've had tinnitus ringing since I was little. I always just have a background noise, it's the muffled part i want to know how long before it comes back
>>
>>34024585
>I'm quite worried of people who were NOT taught of this in elementary school biology lessons.
Common core hearing protection is facing the other direction.
>>
>>34024391
Dude, it might be too late for you but you should see a doctor immediately when such thing happens.
Don't wait until the next day to see if it gets better, treatment needs to start as soon as possible.
>>
>>34024616
Hate to break it to you, bub, but doctors don't work on weekend the ER its a joke
>>
>>34024772
Really sorry your public health system sucks. Better get used to the eeeeeeee then.
>>
Update. Been about 16 hours and its starting to come back. Tea tree oil and keeping away from high volume
>>
>>34024554
are chainsaws that loud? I vividly remember my dad renting one to cut a tree down in the front yard and I was with him the whole time, both with no ear plugs. I remember it being loud but not any louder than maybe a lawnmower
>>
File: 1475016185773.jpg (14KB, 513x373px) Image search: [Google]
1475016185773.jpg
14KB, 513x373px
>>34024391
>M4
>whilst
>>
I researched tinnitus for a DoD grant funded lab.

Causes vary, but we were mostly looking at blast induced or noise induced.

The exact origin of the symptom is not understood. Electrophysiology showed a neural correlate mostly with the dorsal cochlear nucleus (DCN), part of the brain stem. Our lab worked on neural electrostim implants in the Auditory Cortex (AC), which seemed to help, but nobody wants an implant, and clinicians didnt want to fuck with it.

Since I left, they are looking at TNF alpha inhibitors as an actual curative solution. Drugs like Humira and Remicade block TNF, while Enbrel blocks the receptor.

Interestingly, many psychadelic drugs are exremely potent TNF inhibitors. DOI, LA-SS-Az are research chem grey area legally speaking, and are very good at suppressing TNF by unknown mechanism. LSD is similarly potent and obviously illegal. probably not a good answer for anyone who is suffering anxiety and depression that often comes with Tinnitus, yeah, dont take drugs, Mmmkay?
>>
>be me, like 14 years old
>playing with firecrackers
>think it's a good idea to put one in a metal fence tube closed by one side and sealing the other by stretching a plastic bag on the top
>obviously my friends go a little far whilst i remain close to keep my hands to seal the tube
>the firecracker explodes, loudest noise I've ever heard
>I'm deaf for some time and then feel fuzzy and understand that noise I heard in videogames when a grenade explodes near you

Anyway the EEEEEEE went off in some ours or some days, don't remember, so I think you should be fine
>>
Look, it's time to butch up. The best way to get rid of tinnitus is to quit ear pro altogether.

I never wear em and can shoot anything these days without screwing up my hearing. It's a learned art.

It's also great if you have a nag for a wife (or ex) because they have the same tone as tinnitus which, as you now know, can be wiped out by 500-1000 rounds.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.