[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>American gun industry flooded with AR manufacturers >pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ~aqua~02.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
~aqua~02.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>American gun industry flooded with AR manufacturers
>pretty much everyone and their uncles are making ARs
>still no AR chambered in .44 magnum
explain this /k/
>>
>>34021331
I have a hard time finding alliant 2400 powder as it is I don't need a bunch of fags buying it up to load for mag dump fodder.
>>
Rimmed cartridge nigga
>>
>>34021331
doesn't 44 mag have problems feeding in semis anyway?

if you want your big bang just get a damn AR10
>>
>>34021331
RIMMED CARTRIDGE
>>
There won't be one anytime soon, either. We're in an AR bubble that burst as soon as the election results came in; the only way that demand is going back up to pre-election levels is is impeachment happens, and lefty hysteria aside, the realistic chances of that are, to quote the great Bruce Campbell, Slim and None - and Slim just left town.

So what's going to happen next is that manufacturers are going to start dropping out of the glutted AR market because there's no money to be made in it, and this will continue until prices stabilize. I expect that to take about a year, after which people will look back on the $400 AR the same way that people now look back on the $60 Mosin-Nagant.

In other words, the trend will be towards fewer manufacturers, less choice, and higher prices. Enjoy the bubble while it lasts.
>>
>>34021364
>>34021373
>Mosin Nagant
>Coonan
>Dragunov
>Desert Eagle
>#NiceTryForAWhiteGuy
>>
You have two options, both involve handloading and a custom build.

Tromix made some AR kits for .440 CorBon, that's .50 Action Express necked down to .44 caliber (so that's .44 Magnum on crack), you'd have to have brass specially made or convert .50AE brass, since .440 CorBon is basically dead commercially, but it would actually feed, and you'd get a rather high powered .44 caliber automatic. I have no idea if Tromix still make these or if they can be found easily.

The other option is to convert an AR-10 to .44AMP, the Automag cartridge, this would be closer to .44 Magnum, but you'd have to handload here too, because .44AMP is even deader, on the upside, you could make .44AMP brass by cutting down and converting .308 casings, which is way easier to do than converting and necking .50AE brass.
The backside is that I don't think anyone has made any ready kits for this, you would have to get a competent gunsmith to help you make it happen.

Make sure to not use unjacketed lead projectiles or you'll get a clogged gasport.
>>
>>34021410
>Mosin Nagant
Single-stack manual repeater.

>Coonan
Single-stack short-recoil gun.

>Dragunov
Completely different action.

>Desert Eagle
Is actually a shitshow of unreliability if you don't take the time to actually learn how to handle it, learn how it works, learn how to take care of it, and learn how to handload for it (in which case it can run quite well, actually). Also single-stack.

I'm not saying that an AR15 style of action couldn't be done in .44 Magnum, but it's not going to be trivial, not that many parts could come from the shelf, that rim complicates things.
>>
>>34021385
>to quote the great Bruce Campbell, Slim and None - and Slim just left town.
That's a paraphrase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj563ViG7Qg

>So what's going to happen next is that manufacturers are going to start dropping out of the glutted AR market because there's no money to be made in it
I don't think we're at that point yet, manufacturers just have a lot more supply right now, but people are still buying them, just not at the crazy rates people were expecting from fearing Hillary in office.

I think it'll be quite a long while until the market is actually Atari style saturated, you really kind of have to engineer your own downfall by sheer ineptitude for that to happen, and people would really have to stop wanting guns for the AR15 to stop being desirable; because it's a really good rifle that can be a lot of things depending on how you configure it.
>>
Would .458 socom placate you?
>>
>>34022236
NO
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.