[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't Shoot a Glock? You Probably Can't Shoot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2235.jpg (72KB, 633x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2235.jpg
72KB, 633x408px
We can argue until the cows come home about ergos, triggers, aesthetics, and unicorn guns, but we should be able to agree that if you can't run a Glock you're probably an incompetent shooter. Are they boring for special snowflake collectors? Yes. Do they have bullseye shooting tier triggers or ergonomics? No, but they're still solid combat/defensive handguns. Bring on the glocknade memes.
>>
>>34016290
Not everybody wants to look like a soft mall ninja who cant run half a mile anon
>>
>>34016360
Well that's on you, not the gun.
>>
>>34016290
I can shoot a Glock.
However I shoot far better with a DA/SA pistol or a revolver.
Why?
Because Glock triggers suck ass, as do. their sights and ergonomics.
>>
>>34016377
To each their own I guess, but most people would argue a long DA pull would be harder to master than most striker fired triggers.
>>
>>34016372
Nah I just hate fanboys
>>
>>34016290
I kinda agree
I am a horrible pistol shooter but I can shoot a glock perfectly
I still hate glocks though and youre still a faggot
>>
>>34016419
>harder to master
>Glocks are, at best, worse than a number of DAO triggers
No.
And having more than one trigger pull weight/length is something that only idiots find to be a problem.

The funny part is that my CC pistol is a CZ-82, and I shoot that far better than I shot the Glock 19 and 17L people let me try.
I frequently go to the 50 yard range with it and get 5-6" groups off hand, whereas I couldn't hit shit with the Glocks.
I can pull 3-4" with my Webley Mk VI, though those are retardedly light handloads.
>>
>>34016448
You need training
>>
>>34016523
Maybe so, but I couldn't even hit shit until I started using DA/SA.
I also don't usually go to the short range as a result of wanting to shoot my rifles.
I would definitely get better if I started actively picking designated pistol only range days and doing short range shit.
>>
>>34016290
>If you can't run a mile wearing crocs, you're a bad runner
>If you can't do pushups wearing a 20 kg backpack, you are bad at pushups.
>If you can't butcher meat with a dull knife, you are a bad butcher.
>If you can't drive a 16 penny nail with a 7 oz hammer, you suck at driving nails.
Face it. The Glock is a piss poor handgun. Its trigger is one of the worst ever made.
>>
>>34016547
I agree, you should tell that to its spec ops users, tons of law enforcement, and competition shooters. They're relying on a meme tier handgun! You need to go stop them before it's too late.

>t. Mr. I need a trigger so light that it goes off before I have a chance to jerk it or flinch
>>
>>34016290
>run
>>
>>34016290
Rags?
>>
>>34016593
>the winning majority of competition shooters use competition 1911s
>spec ops flip flop around a shitload; American spec ops "use" then in the same capacity they "use" the M11
>law enforcement uses them because they're cheap; they also use fuckooads of SIGs, loads of M&Ps, and shitloads of old service revolvers

Also, a light trigger and a good trigger are two different things.
I like a fairly heavy pull, but I like a break that feels like a snapped a toothpick and a reset that's audible four counties over.
Something a Glock does NOT have.
It's part of why I dislike SIGs.
>>
>glock perfection
>worst stock trigger I've felt in a modern gun
>>
>>34016593
>I agree, you should tell that to its spec ops users, tons of law enforcement, and competition shooters
None of those three groups have even remotely similar needs or reasons for using one particular brand over another.

>They're relying on a meme tier handgun! You need to go stop them before it's too late.
There is nothing wrong with being critical of a product and glocks are hardly perfect.

>>t. Mr. I need a trigger so light that it goes off before I have a chance to jerk it or flinch
Terrific shitpost.
>>
>>34016636
This is what I did funny.
Their slogan is "perfection" and all their fanboys tout it as perfection.
But.
They ALSO seem to think that "perfection" needs 2x what you spent on the gun itself to BE perfection.
Which is it?
>>
>>34016625
>Winning majority in competition use 1911s.

Lol source pls

>Spec ops rarely use their sidearms.

They still have to be reliable.

>Law enforcement uses them because they're cheap.

My local SO has a $600 Million annual budget and they carry Glocks. I have also only once in my life seen an LEO carry a duty revolver.

Glocks aren't the only good pistol out there, but chances are if you're incompetent with them, it's a fault in personal marksmanship and not gun design.
>>
>>34016641
They aren't perfect, but I can't see a better all around duty gun out there. If you can't shoot one, you probably suck. The fundamentals of marksmanship apply the same to DA revolvers, 1911s, striker-fired handguns, etc.
>>
>>34016647
It runs fine stock, really all you need are new sights. It's actually smart on Glock's part as people have different sight preferences and putting on quality sights that people would end up switching anyway would just make them more expensive.
>>
>>34016547
>if you can't finish wiping with 2 squares you're a bad shitter
No arguments here, Glocks suck for shooting things a bunch of times. They are known for jamming during competitions. It's why everyone went back to 1911's.
>>
File: IMG_0764.jpg (147KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0764.jpg
147KB, 900x600px
$50 flat trigger improves trigger tremendously. Inb4 you have to change ur perfection, faggot?

They make em for p320s, PPQS and most real gun folks won't run an m&p without one.
>>
>>34016756
Shit bait, friend.
>>
File: IMG_2236.jpg (21KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2236.jpg
21KB, 259x194px
>>34016756
Glocks jam, 1911s used for their reliability.

>pic related
>>
Glock owners are also known for not understanding sarcasm which is why they really think their cargo pants and goatees look cool. Glock's entire slogan is a sarcastic joke about their cheap poly pistols with no safeties being perfect but owners actually eat that horseshit every time they open their mouths to talk about their customized 19.
>>
>>34016290
almost good bait. almost
>>
>>34016806
>no safeties

Is that really a criticism? Are you going to complain about the lack of wood grips too?
>>
>>34016727
>They aren't perfect, but I can't see a better all around duty gun out there.
Maybe as a duty gun for equipping a large force (police, etc), but as a personal handgun there are tons of other/better options.

>If you can't shoot one, you probably suck. The fundamentals of marksmanship apply the same to DA revolvers, 1911s, striker-fired handguns, etc.

I agree with this, just not the 'glock > everything else' mentality that is so prevalent with glock fanboys.
>>
File: 1385443323527.png (56KB, 169x178px) Image search: [Google]
1385443323527.png
56KB, 169x178px
>>34016820
>all you need is a trigger safety
>>
I am in the Navy, qualified line coach, rarely shoot below expert during qualifications.

I hate glocks and don't shoot well with them.
>>
>>34016290
>***run*** a glock
>"combat handgun"

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>34016593
>makes appeal to authority fallacy
>implying the military doesn't use handguns very rarely
>implying cops choose what they are issued
>implying cops are good shots
>implying competition shooters use stock Glocks
>>
File: IMG_1350.jpg (182KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1350.jpg
182KB, 800x1000px
>>34016290
Allow me to sum up the retarded redundancy that is OP's argument for his simple mind to comprehend his own stupidity
>"If it's just good enough its the best gun evar and if you dont like it you're a snowflake reeeeeeeeeeeee"
We might as well sell everything we own for Hi-Points and SKS's while we're at it since they do in fact shoot bullets with regularity
>>
>>34016625
>Also, a light trigger and a good trigger are two different things.
Good triggers are a subset of light triggers.
>>34016700
>They still have to be reliable.
Yes, but reliability is not the ONLY important quality of a handgun.
>>34016700
>My local SO has a $600 Million annual budget and they carry Glocks
>Implying procurement decisions are not made by bureaucrats.
>Implying all of a department's budget is for handguns and not a myriad of other expenses.
>>
>>34016893
I've shot most of my life, and shoot everything from DA revolvers, DA/SA, Glocks, 1911s etc. well. I shot double perfects in my law enforcement academy qualification with a Glock 17. It's not the gun.
>>
>>34016892
Yep the vast majority of law enforcement and spec ops are wrong as are tons of CCing citizens. A good holster than cover the trigger and you're good to go, anything else is just another failure point or something to slow you down in a high-stress situation. You sound like a fudd or fuddlet.
>>
>>34016916
Sorry I didn't use your approved lexicon.
>>
>>34016939
All the striker-fired handguns after Glock have made no significant improvements from what I see, they're just reinventing the wheel.
>>
>>34016756
>>if you can't finish wiping with 2 squares you're a bad shitter
Am I the only one that uses multiple squares a wipe? Even of the good stuff, otherwise I end up putting a finger through the toilet paper and that's no fun
>>
OP here, look you don't have to think that Glock is the best gun ever, but I'd be willing to bet the loudest critics of Glock are people who rarely shoot at all or are just terrible. If someone said that if you can't shoot an HK USP, Sig P226, 1911, or even an SW 686, it's you not the gun, I'd agree with that too. Glock is a proven design and even if you don't carry one, they aren't trash and are effective in capable hands.
>>
>>34016547
>If you can't run a mile wearing crocs, you're a bad runner
>If you can't do pushups wearing a 20 kg backpack, you are bad at pushups.
>If you can't butcher meat with a dull knife, you are a bad butcher.
>If you can't drive a 16 penny nail with a 7 oz hammer, you suck at driving nails.

All of these are true
Anybody who can't do them shouldn't claim to be good at them
>>
>>34016892
No, they dont even really need the trigger safety either. They only need the drop safety/trigger bar
>>
People hating on Glocks is always hilarious. There's literally no reason to dislike them, but people will find a way just because they're such a "default" pistol.
>>
>>34016995
Its not that, its just that your preferred vernacular suggests you're more of a COD kid turned "1337 OPER8R" troll rather than someone that's tolerable.
>>
>>34017308
You sound like someone whose post count on /k/ might be higher than the number of rounds he's put downrange irl.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.