[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cobray 37mm Grenade Launchers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: JHCM203-5.jpg (54KB, 849x365px) Image search: [Google]
JHCM203-5.jpg
54KB, 849x365px
Is there a practical use for one of these? I'm trying to recreate pic related, but I'm having trouble justifying spending almost $900 on one.
>>
just buy a real one. LMT sells them and there are many different rounds for them.
>>
File: lzLjyQi.jpg (492KB, 1621x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lzLjyQi.jpg
492KB, 1621x1080px
>>34015510
First off, no, they are not practical at all. It's a cool looking novelty.

Second, where in the fuck are you seeing them for $900? That's a fucking rip-off.

I got one for $300 new a few months ago from here: https://www.ftfindustries.com/product/ET-37M203-STD.html

It took a little fitting for one of the brackets to fit around the barrel, but it works now. I just did it to make a Scarface build out of my Retro AR. Pic related is my build.
>>
>>34015510
Do this>>34015614

>>34016064
That looks pretty good, but why 2 grenade sights?
>>
>>34015510

>>34015614
Pmuch this. You can buy a real m203 for $1200
>>
File: 1CKflsl.png (524KB, 550x403px) Image search: [Google]
1CKflsl.png
524KB, 550x403px
>>34016076
I'm not exactly sure why, that's the way it is set up for the movie, but I'd have to guess that the grenade launching sight on the carry handle is more precise than the leaf sight since you can actually adjust it for yardage. And the leaf sight is really just a part of the vented handguard.
>>
>>34015510
What is your goal, do you want a reproduction of an issued M16-203 (whatever the official designation is, I'm sure someone here will correct me) or are you just wanting a cool under barrel launcher?

If it's just for the look of the M16-203 then that Cobray Anon posted above is your best bet. Looks like a M203 but at $300 instead of $1200 and as a 37mm is considered a "flare launcher" and not subject to any ATF nonsense. The real deal over at LMT is considered a Destructive Device and requires some interaction with the Bureau of Shooting Doggos.

If it's just for the look, get the 37mm Cobray. There are lots of fun shells you can get for 37mm but half the fun is in loading your own. Smoke is stupid easy to make and a ton of fun to launch downrange.

If you are just wanting a launcher and don't care about it looking authentic, Shop around. Spikes Tactical makes a compact 37mm that fits perfectly under a carbine handguard.

Be sure to post pics of your finished project here when your done!
>>
>>34015510
I kind of wonder what would happen if someone used this in home defense assuming they did all the proper paperwork with the ATF for it to be legal.

I then wonder how this result would further differentiate from a no-knock raid where the home owner did not know it was the cops accidentally raiding him instead of his neighbor.

But yeah, it would likely make a wicked sweet t-shirt launcher.
>>
>>34016782
Historically, anytime the police raid the wrong house, any form of self defense is still considered as aggression against the police, and is treated the same way it would be if the person simply walked into the PD and opened fire on cops as they enjoyed their donuts.

As for using a launcher in self defense against another of your same social class.. Who knows. I imagine it wouldn't go well though, as even using a normal firearm that "looks scary" often results in making the news and the local news team convincing all your "peers" that you are some kind of psychopath before you even have your trial..
Just stick to a 12g pump for home defense is probably the best option.
>>
>>34016821
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/18/us/texas-no-knock-warrant-drugs.html?_r=0

The cop raid question really depends on the state. Some judges are different than others.
>>
>>34016064
that gun is fucking dope my man
>>
File: scarface sp1.jpg (23KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
scarface sp1.jpg
23KB, 615x409px
>>34015510
>Cobray 37mm Launcher
>practical use
Doubt it. Unless maybe you feel you might have to launch a signal flare while carrying your rifle.

>>34015614
The Cobray is much cheaper and isn't a Destructive Device.

>>34016886
Yeah, M16s with the M203 and accompanying heatshield look baller as fuck.
>>
>>34016116
Only thing is the ATF classified chalk grenades as NFA items now. So either you reload your own or just use the .22lr projectiles or buckshot.
>>
What sort of grenade launcher rounds can you burgers own ? I doubt you can get he rounds but can you get smoke or flash bangs ? Also off topic but can civilians buy white phosphorus in burger land ?
>>
>>34018295
>>34018295
Up to actual explosive rounds if you live in a state that allows 'destructive device' nfa items ($200 liberty bux per round though so reloading it yourself is kind of mandatory)

In no DD states- smoke and flare rounds, flares probably only the really useful rounds for emergencies.

Not sure about white phosphourus, my guess would be no.
>>
>>34018012
>Only thing is the ATF classified chalk grenades as NFA items now
Sauce? I remember hearing that they might but never saw anything come of that.
>>
>>34018295
>>34018381

Also in the DD no go states the launchers are commonly 37mm because that size is unregulated but 40mm is an nfa stamp so

>launcher: $200 stamp + cost of item
>each round: $200 stamp + cost of explosive material

You can also make a 37mm launcher a DD if you want but out of the box they are legal for everyone.
>>
>>34015614
>>34016064
>>34016660
OP here, can't get stuff in Canada (they come and go). So the prices on what we do have is jacked up.
>>
>>34018381
>Up to actual explosive rounds

That's actually kind of insane,
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.