[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing interest in guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 1494858471524.jpg (81KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494858471524.jpg
81KB, 768x1024px
What keeps you guys interested in guns? Is it the skill of firing them effectively? Collecting something with historical value? Simply enjoying the mechanics of how different firearms function? Preparing for that SHTF situation? Or you just don't know what else to do with your money?

I haven't bought a gun in nearly half a year and I haven't been the range in as many months. I haven't even taken a gun from the safe to fondle it this month either. What do bros?
>>
Find a different hobby. Most people have more than one.
>>
>>34015198
Sounds like you burned yourself out. I do the same thing but go back and forth on warhammer 40k and guns. So yeah get another hobby to burn out on then bounce back an forth.
>>
>>34015198
Just get another hobby.
I have a few
>guns
>photography
>reading/writing
>>
File: tacticool.png (2MB, 1161x803px) Image search: [Google]
tacticool.png
2MB, 1161x803px
>>34015198
>What keeps you guys interested in guns?

The same thing that got me interested in guns to begin with. The engineering part of how they are made and function, as well as how much torture they can suffer before failing to function.

I love taking apart firearms and learning how they work in detail, and I generally try to stay up to date with new releases and prototypes that are known to the public.

Older type of firearms, like historical weapons, are a chapter of their own. I do research into why those weapons either prevailed or failed at their designated tasks and try to imagine how armed conflict could have ended differently with other firearms.

In short, it's all about being genuinely interested in firearms, not just about going to the range and shooting them on weekends.
>>
>>34015198
there's usually some sort of competition or engagement that'll keep you interested.

For me it was IDPA. Having a scheduled once-a-month low-pressure match gets me all hot and bothered to practice and take other guns out.

Otherwise get an additional hobby.

Also, you're danger close to "a more interesting picture than the OP post" threshold.
>>
>>34015379
>as well as how much torture they can suffer before failing to function

This gets me also but for me it's more of "when 2 things go against each other, who wins?" This is true with my motorcycle(Grom), my guns(how much damage a bullet can do), dirtbiking(me vs the bike, the bike vs the trail, the trail vs me), etc etc.
>>
>>34015198
Try airsoft.
>>
i'm a competitive shooter, so getting better at that is my real motivation. i also reload which is related, obviously, but still different enough that I can focus on one or the other if I'm a little burned out.
>>
the never ending pursuit of ammo
>>
Got burned out some years ago, been shooting since I was a child. What got me back was the 10/22 takedown and the backpacker stock. The fun returned.
>>
>>34015198

The desire to competently defend myself and my family should the need arise
>>
Buying guns, and the temporary joy it brings in me tinkering with them distracts me from the fact that I have a small circle of friends, and that in a few short years I'll attain wizarding powers.
>>
Its a fun thing to spend my money on as I traverse this horrible pathetic meaningless reality that is my human life span

Arguably one of the simplest hobbies, my 2nd being hiking abd camping where I simply go live my meaningless life in the woods for a couple days
>>
>>34015198
The picture looks just like the inside of the ticket booth at the Knotts Berry Farm Waterpark, and the uniform is about right, I'll never forger those short shorts on my white, white thighs.
>>
File: 1488818578483.png (635KB, 608x614px) Image search: [Google]
1488818578483.png
635KB, 608x614px
>>34015401
>More interesting picture than the OP post threshold
This pic is the embodiment of that statement. Every thread I've seen with this picture immediately implodes.
>>
File: gib sos pls.jpg (13KB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
gib sos pls.jpg
13KB, 280x158px
>>34015825

I want the one on the left to hit me.
>>
>>34015885
don't change /k/, never change
>>
>>34015823
I literally go to knotts every week. I will try to confirm this asap
>>
I can't lose interest in dat ass
>>
>>34015790
Same
>>
>>34015379
>pic
Chris Costa's dynamic operator AR-platform weapon system.
>>
>>34015521
This. That's what's also motivating me to start taking useful martial arts classes when I move.

>>34015198
Like others have said, find other hobbies. I love learning languages, reading ancient and medieval military history, and hiking.
>>
>>34015198
>posting a picture more interesting than your text
A rookie mistake for sure, I'm only here for the thickness
>>
File: A E S T H E T I C USP.gif (46KB, 467x355px) Image search: [Google]
A E S T H E T I C USP.gif
46KB, 467x355px
>>34016088
Nice, I just started learning Russian. What languages are you into?
>>
>>34015825
>you will never fuck a giantess
>>
>>34017463
>you will never be fucked by a giantess
>>
>>34015379
I used to be interested in all sorts of firearms but after realizing that world is moving to basically one platform it kind of lost its luster. Practically everyone is moving towards either an AR-15 style rifle or sticking with an AK pattern, with niche uses for DMRs, shotguns, and pistols.

Personally I'm more interested in pistols, since I feel there's a bit more that can be refined on that front, and because there's something about having the power of gun in one hand that draws me.
>>
>>34015198
my hobbies aren't ever constant and as a person I fluctuate in pretty much everything
Just play some videogames and learn to love guns again.
>>
>>34015198

The large collection of minorities, politicians, and sexual deviants who make statements to both my face and online that they wish harm to myself and especially my children simply because of the color of our skin.

As long as we are forced to live in the same world only a fool would allow his "hobby" to atrophy.
>>
>>34015825
Is that one of those trick rooms?
>>
>>34015198
As early as I remember I would buy the most realistic toy guns I could find as a kid. I literally like everything about them to an almost obsessive level. Sometimes I even pull them out and admire them for a few minutes the same way you admire a girl with a nice ass when you see it (minus the urge to stick my dick in it).
>>
>>34015885
I want the one of the left to hit the one on the right with me as a club
>>
How many guns do you have OP?

Take some time to think about which ones you aboslutelt love the most and would regret not having 10 years from now (best quality, sentimental or historical) and sell a few of the ones you can live without.

Grease up the ones youre keeping. Put em in storage for a few months/year.

Down the line you'll rediscover your passion.

Use the money from any of the sold ones on something important.
>>
>>34017667
jesus christ are these the people 4chan attracts now
>>
>>34015823
>short shorts on my white, white thighs.

Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>34015198
I want to bury my face in that ass. I used to have the rest of the creep shots of this girl
>>
Nothing, I hate shooting, I just own them because I like fidgeting with them while browsing the internet
>>
>>34015198
>>34018287
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFTFTFT
>>
>>34017667
Ok, pragmatism and paranoia aside, it's ok to do shooting just for the sake of casual recreation. A brick of .22 and a field of dandelions is a great way to occupy a lazy summer afternoon.
>>
>>34015198
I wish I was you man. I don't make a lot of money yet all I can think of is all the guns I want.

I wish I could just be happy with like 3 or 4 and just keep them around in case I need them, but I can't fucking stop buying them.
>>
>>34018230

People who don't want niggers and faggots to rape their kids or try to exterminate them?
>>
>>34018329

I never said it wasn't.
>>
>>34015825
oh wow i have a new fetish
>>
>>34015198
the hope that one day the disenfranchised youth of melanin enhancement will try again to culturally enrich me

please try it again. for the love of god PLEASE TRY ME AGAIn

picture unrelated to post content
>>
>>34015198

Dude just take a break from it.

Then just come back from to it later.

/thread.
>>
>>34015198
I don't give a shit about you. I'm not going to try to convince you. Stop shooting and sell your guns you whiny ass bitch and STFU.
>>
File: IMG_0446.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0446.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>34018148
Brain scans show that men look at a female body and our brain lights up the same way as if we were looking at a tool. So it actually makes sense.
>>
>>34019185
This. My hobby focus shifts constantly. One month I am seriously into guns, and then the next I am back to reading about trains or whatever.
>>
>>34015908
It's the soak city ticket booths. The normal workers wear a gay ass Hawaiian shirt, but the managers or whatever dress just like her. I even remember staring at co-workers asses because that table is so far far from the window. Not the normal Knott's booths tho.
>>
Just get a new hobby OP. My love of guns typically wanes for months at a time, then I'll do stuff to my truck or refinish some furniture in the meantime.
>>
>>34015908
Also Knott's is a giant sticky quinceanera, why do you go there so much? I can't get that high.
>>
>>34015198
I unironically wish women couldn't dress like that, especially at their place of work. Just makes everything creepy and awkward for everyone but for some reason most people won't admit it.
Fuck I'm a straight and I can't help loving titties and ass but I can't deal with the bullshit sexual tension and flirting that goes with hoes at my job.
>>
Severe post traumatic stress, mostly
>>
>>34015198
other hobby video games, learning about intel organizations, but then again building my next great project gun is mine (when i have the money)
>>
>>34017520
Me too, I like pistols because I think we're in a transitory state between design and use philosophies. We're at the south-end of the sidearm and the north-end of the emergency weapon. Will we further purify the emergency weapon concept or try to keep with the wisdom of guys like Jeff Cooper?
>>
>>34015198
I'm having a hard time keeping my interest for guns up aswell. Mostly because I live in a shitty european country that doesn't allow me to have one.
So I signed up to the local rifle association with my friend, kek'd. At least I get to shoot some guns like twice a week..
>>
>>34015198
Not having enough money to buy them all?

Personally i jump back and forth between innovative stuff and more retro/historical firearms
>>
Don't give a fuck about this thread, just came here for the bum.
>>
>>34015198
similar story
Australian here who has filed for a US visa
went to Shotshow media day and I havent been to the range since in Australia, find it hard even oiling my guns just to protect them
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.