[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uzi Build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 14

File: img_1843.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
img_1843.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
I've had the itch to build an Uzi for a good 5 months now. I've always loved Uzi's as a classic 80's bad guy gun. The main uses for this would be a range toy/popping hogs as I do with all range toys.

I really like the idea of it all because I can piece it together for $100-200 biweekly for just 6-8 weeks.

>The receiver is about $250.
>Semi-auto bolt: $280
>Parts kit: $130
>16 inch Barrel: $100

In return, I see Uzi's made with these parts going for $900-1200 though I'd probably keep it for shits and giggles as no one has an Uzi where I live.

Optionally, I could always SBR it and not have the 16 inch barrel but this is entirely cosmetic for me. I wouldn't mind throwing on a fake can over the barrel.

I know there are far better 9mm carbines out there. I know the MAC-10/11 does it better and it's cheaper (though it's actually the same cost to build as a civ). I know that Uzi's clock in around the same weight of an AR. The build is easy, I've done far harder projects (AK's, CETME's, etc).

I just want to know if anyone else had one, experiences with it. My main concerns are with reliability and the overall value with time.

Can anyone give me some insight? Are they jam-o-matics once made semi auto?
>>
And I know (((IWI))) makes it. Shadilay!
>>
File: uzi_side_profile.jpg (633KB, 2288x1228px) Image search: [Google]
uzi_side_profile.jpg
633KB, 2288x1228px
Bumping with Uzi related stuffs.
>>
Shiiiieeeet
>>
>>34014934
why not getting yourself a mini uzi instead?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/644413173
>>
File: uziign.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
uziign.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>34015003

Namely because I love the full size one. It soothes my Rhodesia and inner Tommy Vercetti itch. Also, I love 80's firearms.

Also, accuracy. It seems easier to hit a hog from a moving vehicle with a full size Uzi A than the Mini/Micro.

Plus the smaller ones are more expensive to build.
>>
File: dfens.jpg (20KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
dfens.jpg
20KB, 450x312px
>>
Oh, and the 922(r) parts will be $30 in total. Already picked out my ten.
>>
File: 5_10_2017.png (324KB, 379x371px) Image search: [Google]
5_10_2017.png
324KB, 379x371px
>>34014934
Instead of SBRing it, couldn't you just lose the stock and declare it as a pistol?

If it's considered a pistol, is the barrel length irrelevant as long as it has rifling, or do you need to be a licensed manufacturer to create a "pistol" with less than 16 inches of barrel length?
>>
File: SA-UZI-01APISTOL.jpg (352KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SA-UZI-01APISTOL.jpg
352KB, 800x600px
>>34015038

Yes! I was actually about to post that.

I could do that, though I do really dig the folding stock.

They also make an Uzi brace for pistol builds. What do you think looks/functions better? The brace or the longer barrel?

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts so far, everyone. I really do appreciate it.
>>
File: IMG_1229.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1229.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34014934
I've got two waiting to be built. My friend also has two that he has built. The design with the semi auto bolt makes it less reliable than the full auto. It is very hard to charge the gun on the first
Round because there are like 3 springs in the SA one as opposed to a full auto.

Super cool guns and fun as a rifle. Utterly worthless as a pistol.

My plan is to build then SBR literally for the sole purpose of making the bayonet fit
>>
>>34015101

Nice! You're exactly the person I'd hope would respond!

Did you build them just because you liked them?

How reliable are there? i.e. guesstimate a percentage.

What are your uses for them? Shits and gigs?

Are they decent with accuracy? I'm not expecting a precision rifle. But something that'll hit relatively near where I aim.

Any tips for my first Uzi Build?
>>
>>34014934
What's required to build an Uzi? The most I've done was an AR upper. It wasn't hard, but I don't have an power tools beyond an electric (battery powered) hand drill, which seriously limits my kit building capabilities.
>>
>>34014934
>original MAC11
>better than an Uzi
That's debatable.
Certainly not in ergos.
>>
>>34015303

Definitely not ergos but anytime an Uzi is mentioned on /k/, everyone screams "Jews" and "MAC IS BETTER".

>>34015280

A parts kit, receiver, barrel and a semi-auto bolt.

McKay Enterprises, DnD sales and Numrich have everything you need.

If you take the route of buying a receiver flat and bending/welding it yourself, it's $150 less.

But a prebuilt & welded one will run you $230 from McKay, not including an FFL fee. With that done, it's simply a matter of putting parts together, the receiver is the hardest part.

There's also several YouTube tutorials. Look it up and check it out. It's honestly extremely easy after the receiver is taken care of.
>>
>>34015327
Thanks for the info. If welding/bending/riveting isn't required, it's almost certainly within my ability.
>>
>>34015344

For sure! That's what turned me onto it.

You might also want to look into building a Sten Gun (MK2 or MK3). The receiver tubes are dirt cheap and only require Dremel & file work. Then you do some basic *BASIC* bitch welds to get the magazine well and lower onto the gun. And the tolerances are pretty damn open, you've got to try to screw it up.

I used a cheapo $50 Harbor Freight stick welder with my only welding experience being high school welding class.

Price info for Stem:

>Parts kit: $100
>Receiver: $100
>Semi Auto Bolt/Springs/Firing Pin kit: $250

Tools I used:

>$20 Cheapass Dremel from Amazon I've had for 8 years
>$50 welder I bought for the project -- though I would just borrow someone's for the whole 2 minutes of welding you'll be doing. I wanted to learn how to weld better though so I bought my own
>$10 basic file set I already had
Probably the easiest/cheapest kit you can build after an AR-15.
>>
File: 1495127684238.png (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495127684238.png
70KB, 500x500px
I say go for it! Go for one of those cool 10MM or 45 Super builds, and see if you got the funds for one of those special uzi surpressors!
>>
File: UziSleepFullsize.jpg (32KB, 799x447px) Image search: [Google]
UziSleepFullsize.jpg
32KB, 799x447px
>>34015327
>but anytime an Uzi is mentioned on /k/, everyone screams "Jews" and "MAC IS BETTER"
I like the MAC10 and MAC11 but you know those people are fucking retards, right?

MAC:
>single position feed magazines, they wear out fast and are annoying to load, the common 9mm magazines are made from Zytel and has very poor durability, the .45 magazines are old Greasegun mags which are showing their age by now, surplus isn't that amazing anymore
>rate of fire beyond what's practical
>no good forward point of contact unless you have a silencer
>grip has ergonomics of a 2x4
>gun balances like a brick on a 2x4
>super wobbly collapsing stock
>has a telescoping bolt but doesn't do a lot to make good use of it
>refuses to eat some ammo
>has two manual safeties for some reason
>has threading around it's muzzle, which is ok

Uzi:
>two position feed magazines, they last forever, are very reliable and are easy to load, surplus is easy to find, and brand new Colt SMG magazines can be modified rather easily to work in an Uzi (and vice versa)
>rate of fire is about 600rpm in the normal sized gun, about 800rpm in the Mini, and only absurd in the Micro
>a solid handguard that gives you a good forward point of contact, even on the Mini
>grip doesn't feel like it's made out of Legos
>balances reasonably
>full sized collapsing stock isn't amazing but miles ahead of the MAC, the Mini has a basic side-folder that's sturdy enough, the original wooden stock on the early Uzi feels good
>makes very good use of the telescoping bolt, has a similar length barrel to the MP40 but makes smart use of it's space and isn't even close to as long
>much less picky in ammo
>has a manual safety/selector, and a grip safety, which is actually a very good idea for an open bolt weapon (not so relevant on the closed bolt clones)
>can have a silencer threaded on in place of it's barrel nut, then locked down, a very secure and safe fitting

It isn't flawless, but it's a very good design for an open bolt subgun.
>>
Oh yeah, and the Uzi has real sights, fully shielded and with two selectable apertures, while the MAC has very crude sights with bare protection.
>>
>>34015211
>Are they decent with accuracy?
The bolt is concentric with the bore, so if it's a closed bolt gun, it should be decent enough in accuracy to at least 100yds
>>
File: 95786938967302.jpg (163KB, 1010x758px) Image search: [Google]
95786938967302.jpg
163KB, 1010x758px
>>34014934
Keep the 16" barrel and throw one of these on it
>>
>>34015831
Is it just me but arnt only micro uzis really comparable to Macs? More like machine pistols. Full size uzis should compare with mp5s or 9mm ar15.
>>
>>34017678

Yeah, I love those fake cans
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.