[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 0.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
/k/...
So today I saw a video (not pictures) of a guy (probably in his teens) that got shot in the chest, and the bullet got caught in the shirt. The shirt went inside the wound acting as a plug.
The doctors cut around the wound and pulled the shirt out WITH THE BULLET STILL IN IT.
guy lives.
How? HOW!?!?
Also, what caliber do you think?... If I had to guess, .45
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-210826_1.jpg (65KB, 1072x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-210826_1.jpg
65KB, 1072x1055px
Here's a screenshot of the vid
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-210821_1.jpg (54KB, 1062x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-210821_1.jpg
54KB, 1062x1063px
Closer view.
Before anyone asks, I don't know the story.
>>
>>34012891
Many factors play into this, probably a weaker, lower velocity round, likely hit a bone or glanced off a bone, shedding a lot of the kinetic energy. Looks close to the bottom of the sternum.

As for caliber, I'd guess .45 or 38 special out of a short barrel.
>>
>>34012891
id put my money on .45 gay-c-p
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-210906_1.jpg (59KB, 1076x1069px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-210906_1.jpg
59KB, 1076x1069px
Shirt pulled out
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-210915_1.jpg (65KB, 1062x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-210915_1.jpg
65KB, 1062x1073px
Here they are plugging the hole with a finger while showing the bullet inside the piece of cloth from the shirt
>>
Exception to the rule. There are documented cases of people falling from airplanes and surviving terminal velocity impacts.
>>
>>34013039
This, I've seen a guy get shot through and through with a 45 fmj before, he probably was wearing more than just a t shirt or it went through something on its way to him, like a wall or car door
>>
kid probably had a kevlar shirt
>>
>>34012962
Unless there is something else in there that looks like either a whole round or a rifle bullet.
>>
>>34012891
Need details low velocity round? Did it ricochet off something? Did he have something over the shirt? Was the round a squib?
>>
>>34013071
The angle is weird, it actually makes sense when (if) you watch the video. The picture does look like a whole round with casing and everything but that's because the doctor's thumb is pushing the material. When they unwrap the shirt it clearly shows just a bullet.
>>
>>34013039
I've met a guy who was shot in the back of the head with a .40 S&W

Met.

As in talked to.

As in he was fine.

There are also stories of a 9mm getting stopped on someone's teeth, .40 getting stopped in someone's ribs, etc etc.

Sometimes people get shot and just roll a nat 20.
>>
>>34013083
I thought of all these questions myself. There's no story. I saw this on a Instagram account that focuses on medical information, forensics, and autopsies.
The only information provided is that the guy got shot, the shirt acted as a plug and saved the guy's life.
>>
This can happen with strong fabrics like Silk.
>>
>>34012976
That bullet is fucking tiny yo. Probably a .22 cb cap from a 1" barreled SNS
>>
There are many factors that I could think of:

The bullet could have less powder on the cartridge, but have enough to penetrate a skin. The cloth could have been strong enough to withstand and actually catch the bullet, but we can all agree that the bullet could not generate enough power to penetrate a bone, and the cause is yet to be seen.
>>
I knew a guy that decided to end it and suck start his revolver. He ended up with a .38. Slug suck in the roof of his mouth like peanut butter, crazy shit happens yo.
>>
Every heard of this brand new concept called luck?
>>
Woven fabrics can sometimes be fairly strong in tension.

A lot of people get killed in lathes when their shirt sleve gets caught and that sucks them in. You think it would rip but it doesn't.
>>
>>34013147
This.

There's even been reported cases of bullets bouncing in bizarre directions, and at least one Russian video where a guy gets a bullet pulled out of his forehead.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/30/bullet-bounces-off-of-victims-face-and-kills-robber/

https://youtu.be/leiOab1d0hw

Terminal ballistics are the end result of everything that happened once the primer is struck by the firing pin. With enough variables, you get some fucking bizarre results.
>>
>>34012976
Man that's puny. Airgun?
>>
Weird shit happens everyday, try not to be so weirded out by weird shit.
>>
>>34012891
>How? HOW!?!?
Same reason some people trip over a curb and die while others survive plane crashes. Physics, yo.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.