[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag to guns here. How long can magazines be loaded before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6204.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6204.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Newfag to guns here.

How long can magazines be loaded before the spring wears out? A matter of weeks, months?
>>
they don't. there's a qtddtot thread for this kind of thing
>>
>>34012687
Indefinitely. Springs don't wear out from being compressed, they wear out from repetitive compression and decompression.
>>
>>34012687
I fired a sig p230 mag that had been loaded for 15 years without issue.
>>
>>34012687
No one really knows for sure actully. Best to just get plenty of fresh mags and rotate.
>>
>>34012687
>How long can magazines be loaded before the spring wears out? A matter of weeks, months?

Troll, or idiot?

Q: How long do car springs last if you fail to jack up your car every night to take the tension off the springs?
>>
>he doesn't use Enblocks
>>
Don't listen to these trolls. They are just trying to get you to fuck up your mags. The truth is most magazines start loosing their tension after ten or twelve hours loaded. Good magazines might last a day but most don't. Just keep your mags unloaded and load them when needed.
>>
>>34014913
This faggot is double trolling. Optimum spring life comes from what is called "set compression". It's a percentage of total load based on the spring weight, gauge and length. What you have to do is compute the max load of the spring and then divide that by 1/10th the gauge measurement and then divide that by the number of rounds in you magazine. Round up and that is how many rounds you should keep in your magazine when not in use for maximum shelf life. Everyone who tells you something other than this is a full of shit noguns europoor who can't even google.
>>
>>34012687
Depends how much you use them. Best to have a like 5 backup mags in packaging for SHTF and always buy a couple(1-3) new mags every year and keep them labeled.
>>
>>34012687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pch0J9-7i2k&t=938s
>>
>>34015117
Didn't mean to post at specific time, whoops.
>>
>>34012687

anything more than a few minutes is just plain unsafe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.