[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best shots you have heard of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I looked through a few pages here today and have not seen a thread along these lines yet, so I'll start and see what happens.

>In the 90's
>In Australia
>My father shoots Kangaroos and Pigs for carcasses almost every weekend
>My great uncle usually accompanies him
>My great uncle is the best shooter my father knows of
>One day they are looking around and way up this hill in the distance they spot a Buck Grey Roo
>My father looks at it thinking it is way too far away
>They only have an old .220 Swift Ruger
>My uncle decides to have a shot
>Lays down and aims at the tip of its ears
>Shoots
>It goes down
>They go over to it and finish it off as the bullet only broke its back from hitting near the base of its tail
>My father measures the distance of the shot
>It was 730 yards from where my great uncle was laying down in the grass to where the Roo was hit
>Mfw the best shot I have ever done so far was 240 yards
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (186KB, 689x456px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
186KB, 689x456px
>>34011778
I have one from a couple of years ago, not long after I got my first gun, although it was more luck than skill.

>Spent afternoon hunting foxes with new Tikka T3 in .223 on my parents farm
>Walking back to the house along a valley
>It was getting dark
>Rabbit runs across the valley at full speed about 100 yards away
>Shoulder rifle and try to put cross hair on it (scope set to 3x zoom if that matters)
>Just as I get the cross hair on it, it disappears into some long grass
>Fire anyway
>Chamber another round, notice that the rabbit hasn't come out the other side of the grass
>Walk over to where it was
>It was lying there dead, with its heart about a foot away from it
>Heart was still beating
>>
>>34012028
>Heart was still beating

I have heard of this happening before, but it always seems so morbidly strange.

Also I have heard good things about the T3. People saying that it is smoother and stronger than the Rem 700. What do you reckon of it? Also that is quite the impressive shot regardless.
>>
>>34012052
I've only ever shot 5 rounds out of a center fire rifle that wasn't my Tikka or Sako 85, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

The action is really smooth, but the magazine is single stack so no loading from the top.

I put a custom bottom plate on mine so I could use 10 round AICS mags, which makes it less smooth. I regret doing it because I made a mess of the inletting and probably halved the value of the gun. I want to get a Boyds stock for it and redeem myself, but the rifle is a lefty, so getting one involves using a 3rd party exporter in the US. Total pain in the arse.
>>
>go Deer hunting out in MN
>Uncle, Morfar (Maternal Grandfather and myself
>I am shooting a Savage .30-06 bolt action vortex crossfire scope
>Grandpa has his old as shit Danish Krag-Joergensen 1889 he got from his father, no scope
>Deer Spotted at about 800m
>I line up and shoot
>nicked it and it ran off
>"faggot" t. Morfar
>about 2hrs later
>another Deer at about 850m
>No chance to say anything and Morfar whips up his krag and shoots.
>hike out to deer
>he was popped square in the head
>"That is how you kill a deer, not wound a deer."
>Gee, thanks Morfar.
>>
>>34012164
>Tikka or Sako 85

Well if nothing else you at least have good taste in rifles. They are the only new rifles I would really be excited to purchase.

The action being smooth was something I heard before so I suppose it is true for all the T3's, which is nice. I am not too worried about how how they load but thanks for the heads up.

I have a mate who is a lefty and he has a hard time getting anything that works for him. Hopefully you can redeem yourself though haha.
>>
>>34012189
Are you serious? Even from prone that would be a magnificent shot.
>>
>>34012224
dead serious, i watched him do it and hiked out to the deer. kind of spooked me, t.b.h.
>>
>>34012242
I wonder just how much class it was compared to ass. Still would have freaky.
>>
>>34012330
from what i am told, he has a history of making ridiculous shots. one of his buddies from the USMC talked about how he survived the pacific theater by shooting AND killing anything that moved.
>>
>>34011778
Since it seems like its turning into the best shots we've done

>particularly cold day for the time of year, shit happens in the DMV though
>day starts of as always
>up at 0400
>out the door by 0500
>at work by 0530
>check out my money from the vault and load it up into the truck
>day goes on as normal, in a (relatively) decent area compared to the rest of my route
>making a stop at a bank, but didnt have my bag prepped before i got to the stop
>short amount of dead time from stop to exit
>exit the truck, scan as i walk, then as i turn my head to the right the guy is around the truck
>didnt really have control over my body at that point
>oriented my body towards the target as im drawing and get 2 off at the bent elbow then 4 with a full presentation
>at some point between the full presentation he tucked tail
>quickly snap out (at least thats how it felt) of it and start scanning
>make my way around where the robber came from
>he was making his way back into his car obviously injured
>turns out he got to the hospital in time
>what a shame
>>
>>34012189
Your story has that smell of bullshit tall tales.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>34012497
>>
>>34011778
In Iraq hajjis used to chisel holes in walls to fire at us from concealed positions. Usually 6 inches or less. Knew a guy from our sister platoon who spotted one from about 75 yards out and landed a kill shot on him threw his narrow peep hole. USMC 2006 Ubaydi.
>>
>>34012708
Haha, so much for concealed cover. That is awesome.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.