[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steroids and the military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

Is steroid use an "open secret" in the military? I've heard a rumor that sf guys are on gear but that they're not checked for it on a piss test so the chain just turns a blind eye. Can anyone give insight to this?
>>
>>34011243
They used to check for it in piss when I was in but I"m pretty sure some dudes overseas definitely were using it
>>
>>34011243
You're not supposed to use PED's. Period, end of story, doesn't matter what unit, this includes Tier 1.

Each individual chain of command has at least some control of how and how frequently it's tested for. Line units test for it effectively monthly, it is part of the standard urinalysis. POG units kinda depend on how frequently people get into trouble, urinalyses are used as a not-punishment punishment pretty regularly across all the branches.

There are people at all levels that do it (we had a brigade CSM get caught 3 tests in a row...nothing happened to him cuz brigade CSM that was older than dirt). Some even get away with it for extended periods of time. But again, it's illegal to do so and is routinely checked for.
>>
>>34011243
There's a point when you need stop getting tattoos
>>
>>34011469
no way brah, the more the better brah

The edgier the better too brah
>>
The military doesn't test for steroids. It's a completely different drug test than the standards urinalysis. They will only test you for steroids if they catch you with them or if someone rats on you.
>>
>>34011243
A guy in my platoon got caught with them during a health and welfare. The battalion didn't want to pay for the piss test or something so it just went away.
>>
>>34011243
i was always hit up with people asking me if they check for 'roids in piss. no one to my knowledge ever did them though. i have a friend who i've known for decades that did "sus" while we were in college. idk if that was actually steriods or not but he did get bigger.

i've also heard about the sf roid rumor. i think it got out due to one of the sf guys getting caught with them. i think the rumor started based of just this one dude. fucking everyone in the military snorts pre-workout and chugs creatine laced protein shakes though. i got so fucking tired of people complaining about chest pain after they took 3 scoops of c4. i hope the fuckers' hearts explode.
>>
>>34011432
But why, if it enhances your soldiering ability I would figure it would be a don't ask don't tell thing
>>
>>34011615
Long-term health problems that Uncle Sam doesn't want to pay for.
>>
>>34011243
1) Matt Best is really gay for taking that photo

2)>>34011432
Is on the money. My muhreen unit went through a phase were we got piss tested every week for a month, sometimes multiple times in a week, sucessfully pissing away the BN budget. The unit next door hadn't been piss tested in months or so I was told. The regularity of said tests and their possible punishments is largely relevant to your units outlook on PEDs.
>>
File: 1481496855797.jpg (127KB, 970x692px) Image search: [Google]
1481496855797.jpg
127KB, 970x692px
>tfw no tattooed bf to pick me up against the wall
>>
>>34011615
Because maybe 1 out of 100 people that do PED's do them in a way that they're safe even short-term, and there is no way to do them safely long-term.

And the Army doesn't wanna pay for all your permanent disabilities from 'roiding for 3 years.
>>
>>34011635
>>34011665
good call, money money money
>>
>>34011665
That's ignint.
>>
>>34011746
Care to try an actual language this time, or are you too busy trying to hold your crackpipe and sagging pants?
>>
>>34011243
I'm sure people do use them but there really is no point. Plus if anybody found out people would call you out on being a pussy for the rest of your days.
>>
>>34011243
More or less. It's kind of a don't ask don't tell sort of thing. They don't piss test for it- way to expensive- and you only really get caught if you're dumb or hit during a health and welfare.

That being said if your dumbass does get caught you're facing at least an Article 15.

>>34011609
>sf roid rumor
Can't speak for SF specifically, can say for sure in other SoF units. It's not that uncommon for guys to take steroids.
>>
>>34011243
This person seems like he's in a never ending battle with massive insecurity
>>
When I was in, it wasn't frowned upon until you used them improperly and got yourself fucked up. The dudes who used them to get super huge were fine as long as the PT test got passed.
>>
>>34011615
Most people take multiple steroids or stacks and do it in cycles that require post cycle therapy (additional supplements).
If for some reason war requires you to go cold turkey you're going to have anywhere from a bad time to being in 24/7 agony. Not just physical pain but depending on your stack mental pain as well especially considering you're at war, you're still going to be moving and carrying heavy gear and basically your body will be all out of the hormone that says heal me so all that rucking could easily convert straight into injuries.
If you workout irresponsibly on gear you're really likely to fuck up a tendon because they develop much slower than muscles.

Most modern soldiering is about cardio anyway and very few PEDs really help with that. Most actually impede it because you can put on 20lbs of muscle in a pretty short amount of time and your heart is not used to pumping blood through that much extra tissue so you have to work your ass off just to keep the cardio you had when you started gaining.
>>
>>34011469
You mean when you don't have any?
Tattoos are pointless.
>>
>>34013208
On that note if SOF do take PEDs it's probably a SARM and or EPO. They're potent enough and the withdrawals are minimal if you feel any at all.
>>
File: Eddy2.jpg (180KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
Eddy2.jpg
180KB, 800x571px
>>34011662
>>
>>34011243
my cousin got busted with 5 vials of "steroids" last week, charged with possession.
He's a marine reservist for whatever thats worth

My former roommate and at least 3 of his marine (active duty) pals all juiced as well.
>>
>>34013208
>Most people take multiple steroids or stacks and do it in cycles that require post cycle therapy (additional supplements).
Or just take Test E and be done with it.
>>34013373
>my cousin got busted with 5 vials of "steroids" last week, charged with possession.
Was this in garrison?
>>
>>34011469
wouldn't be bad if his back tattoos were better
>>
>>34011662
>tfw no gf
>>
File: 1494085455157.jpg (86KB, 750x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494085455157.jpg
86KB, 750x490px
>>34011243

I heard that there were a few guys who got busted for roids, end their response was "WHATS THE BIG DEAL BRAH ALL THE GUYS AT [a different team] DO IT" the end result being everybody at that team was checked, and 90% of them got in trouble.

I know of at least two people who got in trouble for banned supplements (this was when they started to become popular) command tried to NJP them, but then flipped their shit when they said "how was I supposed to know it was banned, I bought it at the PX" command decided it wasn't their fault for being stupid, but they were more pissed that you can buy it on base. there was a message about hemp vodka being sold at PXs a few years ago, and even though you can buy it you cant drink it. For all you deployed folks, you can buy HGH at the exchange at KNB

If you happen to get an injury that requires steroids, that's a different story, since you could probably take advantage of the exemption for piss test.
>>
>Guys in the Q course
Twigs for arms

>Guys after Q course
Massive meatheads

There's definitely steroid use and I was even told so by a guy in 3rd group.
>>
>>34011635
bullshit. There are a bazillion things that would have been improved before steroids if this was the case. Besides, steroid shorten your lifespan if you abuse them and are only beneficial for health and happiness when used properly as TRT on later age.
>>
File: there must be more to life.png (190KB, 765x600px) Image search: [Google]
there must be more to life.png
190KB, 765x600px
>>34011662
>>
>>34011660

11th Marines?
>>
Considering how little the average soldier knows about fitness or nutrition in general the idea of large scale unsupervised steroid use sounds like a disaster in the works. Steroids aren't just a once a day multivitamin you take in the morning, you have to get weekly blood work done, maintain a highly calculated diet, consistent workout regime, etc.

Unless the guys using gear have prior competitive bodybuilding or D1 sports experience they are almost certainly doing irreparable harm to themselves.
>>
>>34011665
>and there is no way to do them safely long-term.
There has been no actual study of long term use and pro athletes that have come forward claiming health issues neglect to admit they were doing a metric ton of narcotics as well.
>>
File: 999898898.gif (856KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
999898898.gif
856KB, 500x375px
>>34013359
nice
>>
>>34013359
Fucking hell my sides
>>
>>34011432

Steroid tests are not part of the standard urinalysis drug panel and testing for them requires initiation by the commander for probable cause, which cannot be a mere suspicion. stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>34011660
>Matt Best is really gay
Yep. Some guys just really need attention
>>
File: NO REGRETS.gif (2MB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
NO REGRETS.gif
2MB, 400x222px
>>34011432
Steroids are not part of the standard UA. Pot, amps, coke, LSD, heroine, downers and PCP are the magic cocktail tested for along with one other novelty drug from the list which will always be the trending spice o' the month.

Nobody cares about steroids. Unless you are peddling them in the barracks or poison yourself with them, in which case you're getting thrown out. People who do steroids are stupid. Most of them probably will interfere with your cardio and will only hurt your pt test. And unless you've got a sports medicine doc advising you on use, you are more likely to do more harm to yourself than good.
>>
>>34011469

How can you show how original, free thinking, and independent you are if you don't get covered in tatts like every other swinging dick these days?
>>
I was searching for a Marine Captain who was on the New Jersey back in the late '80s when my dad was the XO. The Marine was a bodybuilder who was "overweight" according to BMI standards and everyone thought he was juicing. I came across this article about courts martial. Looks like he was dealing too, though.

Navy Region Mid-Atlantic

General Court-Martial

* At a General Court-Martial in Norfolk, Virginia, EM2 Dillon L. Kendall, USN pled guilty pursuant to a pretrial agreement to possession, use, distribution, and introduction onto a military installation of anabolic steroids, a schedule III controlled substance and conspiracy to export steroids from the United States. On 3 June 2016, the military judge sentenced him to be discharged with a Bad Conduct Discharge, reduction in rank to paygrade E-1, and confinement for 6 months. Pursuant to the pretrial agreement, confinement greater than 3 months is to be suspended and remitted. The suspended confinement may be served if the Service Member violates the terms of the pretrial agreement.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=95679
>>
>>34011243
My question is why are we not pumping our military with ass loads of steroids? We want to be the strongest and faster so why would we not give our soldiers a drug that allows them to be better then they ever could naturally?

It is not like we are in some sporting competition. It is about winning period. Boggles my mind it isn't standard procedure to include supplements and grow hormones in their diet.
>>
File: octopus.jpg (89KB, 960x580px) Image search: [Google]
octopus.jpg
89KB, 960x580px
>>34017128
I don't understand why tattoos bother people.
It's his body, who cares what he does with it
>>
>>34017081
>coke, LSD

These aren't even detectable in urine unless you're literally still high on them.
>>
>>34017256

Guys popped for coke all of the time so you may want to check your sources.
>>
>>34017081
the only way to test for LSD is a spinal tap.
>>
>>34017216
Hey I recognize that kracken!
>>
>>34017256
>These aren't even detectable in urine unless you're literally still high on them.
guy I served with pissed hot for coke right before we were both supposed to start clearing to PCS to Korea. I went to Worst Korea for a year, he stayed behind. They will catch you at the worst time possible.
>walk down to first floor of barracks in Germany
>Sgt Anon, go back upstairs and tell everyone to bring their ID down with them, 100% piss test.
>What the fug? We just had one last week.
>go upstairs and start pounding on doors
>tell two of my guys
>one gets this shocked look and his eyes go wide
>This was just before 0600, he had smoked a fat joint about 4 hrs earlier
remember kids, after long weekends, block leave, or just because, you can be pissed.
>>
>>34011243
I used to run the urinalysis program at my command and you only test for steroid if you specifically think someone was on them. They go to a different lab compared to the rest of the normal drug screening.
>>
>>34017256
Coke stays in your system for at least a week. LSD is only there for a day or two if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>34017216
You violate the NAP because your terrible tattoo burns my eyes
>>
Steroid use is not screened in US military urinalysis..
It's when you fuck up, roid rage and do something stupid like beat your wife, co-workers, etc, and then your commander has to request that special drug test.
I never knew of anyone getting caught ..
>>
>>34018946

The "trip" you get from LSD occurs as your body processes it, so once the trip ends it's pretty much out of your system.
>>
>>34019051
I know my dad and his buddies in the navy did acid a couple of times while he was in. He told me they could only test for it with a spinal tap.
>>
>>34013208
You're an idiot. That "heal me" hormone is estrogen, and if you had to go cold turkey b/c of a deployment you would have an ABUNDANCE of it.
>>
>>34011243

No one really cares, even though it's against regs.

>>34011432

False. Testing for roids would only happen if someone for whatever reason wanted to catch someone doing them and put in for that specific piss test for that specific soldier.
>>
>>34018946
False. If you're dabbling, coke is in your system for less than 72 hours.
t. Did coke Friday night had piss test Monday
>>
>>34019687
How much constitutes dabbling?
>>
>>34011746
I don't recognize that Intel source
>>
>>34014211
Agreed. Who, exactly, are the two naked broads on his back for?
>>
>>34018223

This.

72 hour liberty is almost a guarantee piss test.
>>
>>34011662
of course it happens to the goalie, they are the biggest bitches who make every excuse to get out of PT and would rather take a couple shots rather than being checked around all game
>>
>>34011432

Wrong, pri'ate. Steroids are only tested for on request-they're not part of the standard rotation.
>>
>>34018223
Brandon?
>>
>>34017212
We'll considering that the airforce gives bomber pilots amphetamines on a regular basis people smarter then you probably figured out it wouldn't help combat performance.
>>
When I was in a lot of guys used em. Id say like 30% of the unit had at one point or another, and maybe like 8 guys were using them regularly.

Funny thing I noticed about heavy steroid users is that they look incredible, and can lift a fuckload more than anyone else. Buuuut, their health is shit and they cant do cardio for shit. In the infantry strength is only important to a certain point but you can never have good enough cardio. So these guys would come to PFTs and CFTs and just fuckin suck. They could bench and squat a bajillion pounds but they couldnt actually do any of the shit the Marines required of them.

On another note, they ALWAYS had these fuckin stupid health issues. Fucked up joints, fucked up ligaments, kidney stones, etc etc. Out of the 8 heavy users like 4 missed combat deployments due to their health issues.

I lifted, ran, and wasnt a PT god but I wasnt no slouch either, always got 1st class PFTs. I was offered steroids on several occaisions but I just didnt see the benifit. I already had 1st class PFTs and decent PT ability, if caught would get in a bunch of trouble, and just didnt want to deal with all the health bullshit.

The guy with kidney stones actually tried telling me some shit about "if you do it RIGHT theres no side effects!"

Right. Is that why youre pissing broken glass and have a receding hairline at age 23? No thanks man, I'll just keep doing what im doing, it seems to be getting it done for me.
>>
>>34019687
It depends entireley on a few factors:
>purity of concentration imbibed
>metabolism
>how much you did
>how often you do it
>if it was unknowingly to the user mixed with any other drugs you could pop for

72 hours isnt a set in stone amount, depending on all of these factors it can be gone in only 48 hours, or could still be showing up a week later. And you can always accidentally do some blow that was cut with something else they test for that has a longer metabolization period.
>>
>>34020677
Its just something for his butt buddy on deployment to look at when its his turn to be bottom.
>>
>>34017216
>It's his body, who cares what he does with it
But it's actually not.
>>
>>34011615

>if it enhances your soldiering ability

It doesn't. Half of soldiering is staying calm under stress, not physical strength or endurance. To that end, steriods have little affect except they might create a dependency problem, which itself is a major compromise of a solider's ability to function independently in a battlezone. The other half is fucking up coordinating with your team, a problem which cannot be solved by drugs at all, only by training exercises.

Also, don't forget that steroids are first and foremost a medicine which is prescribed to people with some sort of terminal aliment (asthma) or are recovering from an injury (like, being shot in the thigh). Slamming a bottle of Motrin before battle won't make you a better solider.
>>
>>34021241
This. All the guys on sauce I knew of when I served all had a bunch of health issues and acted like tempermental highschoolers so nobody wanted to work with them. Most of them also developed long term health issues and logged them as job related injuries with the VA.

Also the majority of combat is cardio and endurance. Our minimum unofficial measure of strength was that everyone in the squad had to be capable of carrying anyone else in the squad to an LZ. This is half strength and half cardio, some guy who shoots up and packs on 20 pounds in a month for everyone else to carry whilst losing cardio and becoming incapable of the task was not appreciated.

Not even joking, guys on steroids have utterly shit cardio. Plus roids up metabolism and body temperature. So the guys who roided were usually at the back of the pack on patrols beet red and wheezing while some 130 pound asian kid toted a 240 and his own extra ammo out front just fine.
>>
Test E doesn't screw you up if you know what you're doing. If anything it speeds up recovery after training. You don't see Lance Armstrong having issues with cardio.
>>
>>34011432
someone must be talking out of their ass because this is untrue
>>
>>34023270
>Test E doesn't screw you up if you know what you're doing. If anything it speeds up recovery after training. You don't see Lance Armstrong having issues with cardio.

90% of the posts in this thread about AAS are full of bro science and lack even a hint of basic knowledge on usage.
>>
>>34023417
>90% of the posts in this thread about AAS are full of bro science and lack even a hint of basic knowledge on usage.
I mean I get that it's not allowed in the military, but the OP is in regards to the steroids use anyways, and how prevalent it is. In the 80s and 90s the military straight up had drug dealers within its ranks dealing crack in the barracks in Germany.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.