[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of this purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: ChinkSKS.png (158KB, 1014x788px) Image search: [Google]
ChinkSKS.png
158KB, 1014x788px
I am about to get my FFL to order pic related from Southern Ohio Gun Store. Is it worth it or am I being a retard? It would come out to $410, am I better off just getting a Yugo SKS from Classic Firearms? What condition should I expect it to come in? I am okay with stock dings and such but if it is destroyed then its not worth it. Please help me out friends.
>>
>>34009794
Also here is a link

http://www.southernohiogun.com/chinese-sks-rifle-7-62x39cal.html
>>
>>34009794
No lol chink SKSes are worth $350 at MOST in today's market and if your FFL charges a flat $60 transfer fee they're jewing you
>>
>>34009794
>buying an SKS
>the current year

If I were you, Id check some pawn shops, used fun stores, and local gun shows for one.
You should be able to get one for the same price if you put some time into it.

Chink SKSs are good, but me finding one with original pigsticker bayonet at my lgs for 30 bucks more, makes me tell you to shop around first.
>>
>>34009821
The additional price comes from a $10 hand pick fee, then $20 for shipping and their $20 upmark to make a profit from the sale. Where else would I look for a Chinese SKS? Should I just go for the Yugo?
>>
>>34009794
Have it transferred tl a pawn shop fuckstick, they charge way less than your fucked up lgs.
>>
>>34010390
Would it be better to just but this then?

https://www.classicfirearms.com/yugo-sks-semi-auto-762-39-original-condition-pti
>>
File: mma chick.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mma chick.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
a $350 chinese SKS will seem a lot less of a stupid purchase when you can resell it for $600 in 2020. that said, there are better ways to spend your money.
>>
Get your C&R03. It costs $30 and you can get milsurp shipped to your door. No more stupid transfer fees. Mine took about 3 weeks to get approved.
>>
Feels like yesterday you could get Romanian SKSs for 150 all day long. I'm getting old
>>
File: 1481259000744.jpg (223KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1481259000744.jpg
223KB, 2048x1536px
>>34010525
From the description above, what kind of condition am I looking at here? Would it be worth anything in 6-8 years?
>>
>>34009794
Are these sino-soviet or norinco export?
Sino soviet are as nice as russians usually.
>>
>>34009890

The Yugos are unissued and brand new guns

the Chinese are heavily used, and the stocks are cracked.
>>
File: GET OUT OF HERE.jpg (112KB, 643x960px)
GET OUT OF HERE.jpg
112KB, 643x960px
>>34010968
Yugos were a good deal when they costed $100 less than an average sks.
If the stock is cracked buy another on ebay or learn to fix it you vagina its not hard.
>heavily used
Since when does the sks give a shit about this...well other than the bores on non-chrome lined ones...like the Yugos lol
I know early russians werent either but thats a whole different category.
>>
>>34010908
>tfw young fag
>tfw will never get any new cheap milsurp in the country in my lifetime

Why live?
>>34010929
All it says is 60's era Chinese. Is it worth it friend?
>>
you can buy a brand new AR for that price
>>
>>34011178
Probably sino-soviet or at least military chinese make.
Id say its worth it if youre into the sks.
I payed $400 for a sino soviet last month, great fuckin rifle.
Ask them if it has factory marks and if the serial number has a prefix.
>>
>>34011186
I already have $1600 into an AR. I just want an SKS before they are the same price as an AK (which I already own as well).
>>
File: 1456239246613.gif (1MB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1456239246613.gif
1MB, 400x320px
>>34011228
I emailed them asking what they look like but they don't open until 8am. I am torn 50/50 between this and the Yugo. I wish there where decent prices on AR's in local shops but NH doesn't have many. Also would putting it in a used type 56 stock be heresy or no?
>>
>>34011261
Its most likely a military chinese make which is fine for that price.
Wouldnt be the worst thing ever but fixing the stock shouldnt be hard and itd be a lot cooler.
>>
>>34011178
I remember fighting with people on here about how nuggets would some day be over 300 bucks for a basic rilfe and I got laughed right out of the threads.
>>
>>34010929
Whats the difference?
>>
File: 1403989062289.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1403989062289.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
>>34013332
Sino soviet were made under the management of soviet armorers, with some russian tooling and some russian parts.
>>
>>34009794
do not buy from the classic jew
>>
>>34009821
Type 56 are fine. The later el cheapo Norincos were meh
>>
>>34009794
Yugo anything is garbage. That includes Serbian shit like zasatava. They're always heavier, have fitment issues (mag fit included), and are just horrible quality. Chink anything is going to still be below Russian anything but a far step above serbshit anything.
>>
>>34009794
For 410? All respect, fuck that noise.

an sks will always pop up because there are a few fuck million of them still in circulation in the states. Pick one up a pawn shop or find a close by armslist post. They're fun as fuck, but a good time like that shouldn't have to cost that much.
>>
>>34011019
>I know early russians werent either but thats a whole different category.

chromes already flaked away, and the muzzle eroded heavily on the shot out Chinese guns.

yugo wins.
>>
>>34013679
>410 dollars

Is all of /k/ seriously poor?
>>
jgsales.com has them cheaper
>>
>>34014404
im just frugal
>>
I picked up 3 of those Albanian norinco imports back when they were $260 a piece on J&G I like them, one came decorated with Albanian words carved into it, that's the one I kept, one was a gift for my dad and it is begrudgingly now in a tapco stock, and the third went to my brother, he wanted to scope it and I refused to let him use a dust cover mount so we tapped the reciever and screwed in a ak scope rail, and I inletted the stock for it, just gotta get a buddy to weld the riser back together after I cut it and shorten it, because I do not yet have a tig welder.
>>
>sks
>total is $400
Good fucking lord no.
I got my type 56 from J&G direct for $300 and after a while, I love the gun, but I find myself pining for an actual solid AK in the end.
>>
With the price of surplus rifles getting excessive, is there a cheeper more reasonable alternative to an sks? Asking from commieland.
>>
Wish I could find a replacement stock for my Romanian sks, I got one with great metal but beat to shit stock. May toss a timber smith stock on it for funs
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.