[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUUCK - wrong gas tube lengths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (5KB, 400x250px)
image.jpg
5KB, 400x250px
So I have a delta arms caribe length 10.5 7.62x39 barrel and a ballistic advantage rifle length 18 inch 556 barrel.
I bought a radical firearms rifle and carbine length gas tubes and both of them are more than an inch longer than what they should be.
Seriously what the fuck? Are these things not standardized? I know gas port distance is and the gas port distance is correct on both barrels.
Did they just fuck up?
I don't feel like doing a return so can I just cut them short?
Also exactly how far in should a gas tube be in the upper reciever?
>>
>>34009525
The gt sticks about an inch into the upper. It should contact the gas key on the bcg, with the bcg in
>>
>>34009544
Then what the fuck is wrong with the gas tubes?
Why are they longer?
>>
>>34009544
The gas tube should be like 13 or 13.25 inches in length.
Ballistic advantage says the barrel has a rifle length gas tube.

Who screwed up here?
Radical firearms or ballistic advantage?
>>
>>34009558
Measure the gastubes and tell us the length
>>
>>34009693
15.2 inches.
Gas port distance is 12.5
>>
>>34009736
Sounds like BA has the wrong measurement
Your receiver end should stick about 1-1/4" inches through the receiver.

if they don't fit, return them. Don't cut them, it won't work
>>
>>34009808
Why won't cutting it work?

There's some kind of champfer around the BCG end right?

Could probably hold it with a collet and turn the champfer.
>>
>>34009827
I guess you could do that if you had the tools, its bendy stainless steel so i don't know how easy it would be.
Better to just contact BA for an exact size and return what you have.
>>
>>34009736
That sounds about right to me. A rifle length gas tube is supposed to be 15.25" and a rifle length gas barrel about 12". About and inch of the gt goes into the upper and part of the other end of the gt goes into the gasblock. look at the small holes on the closed end of the gt, one is for gas, the other two for the cross pin
>>
>>34010335
I don't know.
Like I said 1.3 inches between that hole in the gas tube and the gas block hole in the barrel when it's stuck into the reciever.
>>
And it's the same fucking thing with the carbine length gas tube for the delta team tactical barrel.

I think it's the gas tube from radical firearms.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.