[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using guns in domestic violence incidents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1490776488498.jpg (433KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490776488498.jpg
433KB, 1920x1200px
What's /k/ stance on using firearms or knives/clubs/etc in a domestic incident?

Do you approve of it?

Would you ever intervene and rescue a damsel? You want to be a hero, don't you /k/? Sheepdog and all?
>>
>>34009402
>Intervening in domestic violence
No way
>Intervening with deadly force
It's like you want to go to prison or something. Call the cops and GTFO.
>>
>>34009402
>Are you okay?

>Yes
I fuck off

>No
Call the cops and fuck off unless someone's getting cut
>>
File: woman hitting man.webm (3MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
woman hitting man.webm
3MB, 406x720px
>>34009438
>unless someone's getting cut
So whats your game plan if someone's getting cut?
>>
>>34009466
Ask them politely to stop cutting people
>>
>>34009402

>Would you ever intervene and rescue a damsel?

Fuck no. I don't get paid for this shit and I'm not getting sued for it either. Let the police do their job.
>>
>>34009492
Why do the police even intervene? They need to let it play out and then come in and sort it out. If some drunk asshole is going to beat his wife there is no sense in a cop getting killed over it.

I feel the same way about cops doing traffic stops anymore. Why in the hell if you are a cop would you ever do a traffic stop at night?
>>
>>34009402
>Sheepdog
I don't know what's more insulting about the term, that we're a herd of sheep or that people claim to be our sheepdogs. Remember the sheepdog gets his share of chops at the slaughter.
>>
I would intervene in a domestic dispute if it got ugly enough, like threat to life serious. Drawing a gun I think would be enough, rational= A normal person would be disturbed enough to intervene, if done in public.

Really though I don't always carry a gun and would just use such an altercation to fight the male. I like fights with strangers. I'd relish such an excuse to beat the shit out of somebody.
>>
>>34009466
this looks so dumb because those punches are hilarious. Women are dumb
>>
File: chad - alpha.jpg (77KB, 750x419px) Image search: [Google]
chad - alpha.jpg
77KB, 750x419px
>>34009518
>share of chops
Like any genuine alpha male.

The average person is a herd animal. Not a creative thought in their body and they will essentially kneel to any bigger male human they feel threatened by. The "sheep" analogy works perfectly. People fear/respect power. Only the irrelevant outliers don't, the wolves, and those will be ostracized or destroyed.
>>
>>34009515
>there is no sense in a cop doing his job to save a woman from being beaten/killed by her husband who can easily overpower her

i think you've spent too much time in woman hate threads on /pol/ my dude
>>
>>34009530
>like threat to life serious
Unless it's your family why even get involved? let the situation play out and if shit happens then be an awesome witness.
>>
>>34009530
Better relish the chance to get charged when the broad you "rescued" says you were the aggressor.
>>
>>34009550
I get what you're saying but what I mean is why should the cop get involved between two consenting adults? If it is in public and it would involves public safety then by all means get involved.
>>
File: domestic violence arrest.jpg (987KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
domestic violence arrest.jpg
987KB, 1920x1080px
>>34009515
>Why do the police even intervene?
Mid-arrest the slags always end up yelling at the cops. Even if the boyfriend/husband is jailed, the slag finds an exact clone of the last male that dashed her head against the pavement and she'll start dating him instead.

If she dies its no longer a problem especially if she dies before bringing a kid into the world.
>>
>>34009402
When I was like 8 our neighbor a couple houses down took his wife and kid hostage and had a 6 hour standoff with the sheriffs. My stepdad was a detective and the negotiator for the sheriffs department and I remember him walking down to the house in gym shorts and flip flops with his vest on. It was a relatively rural area and I remember along with my stepdad two other neighbors grabbed their rifles and posted up outside.

On another occasion my dad and I were in the garage and my neighbor's boyfriend was outside hitting her car with a bat. My dad always had his glock on his hip around the house and he intervened and the dude backed down pretty quick.
>>
>>34009402
Meh. Not anymore. Time was when I would have intervened in a heartbeat, and if trying to de-escalate didn't work, I'd be ready to defend myself and use force in defense of others.

As I got older, though, I started to see that a whole shitload (as in, the majority) of domestic "violence" situations involve one party aggravating the shit out of the other purposely and just daring the other to do something about it. There's only so much the other party can take, and eventually the second one lashes out in anger and frustration.

When it comes down to it, odds are good that if I sat down to get to know the two parties, the one that looks like the aggressor is actually the sane one that is just tired of the helping of bullshit the other is dishing out constantly. The "victim" party is likely to be the kind of batshit crazy that would make any sane individual want to pull up a chair and watch the beatdown when it finally happens.
>>
>>34009555
Idk, I react to violence with violence, I don't think police are as effective as me delivering a sudden kick to the balls.

>>34009556
Idgaf about the bitch, I'd use the violence as an excuse to beat the guy up. Maybe the girl if she wants to fight. So many ways I could excuse that action. 'I feared for her life' also rape is a crime that can legally be interrupted with lethal violence.

A gun or real weapon is excessive though. A jury would fuck you up.

A jury would rejoice if some random stranger turned an abuser into a martial arts dummy. Its funny even. A gun or knife not so cool.

So there is that.
>>
>>34009580
>no longer a problem
and if she stabs or shoots his abusing ass then he won't abuse anymore either
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (53KB, 848x565px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
53KB, 848x565px
>he imagines using his gun to save some woman
>he imagines "saving" his oneitis

Please tell me you aren't one of these people, /k/.
>>
>>34009616
>I react to violence with violence
>>
>>34009627
Everyone does that at some point anon.
>>
>>34009402
Fuck no, dumb bitch should have made less shitty life choices. Unless she's my sister why would I give a fuck?
>>
>>34009466
>Start tape recorder
>Start recording with phone

*clears throat* "Pursuant to clause 2 of section 12 of chapter 776, of the Florida Statutes; I am justified in using deadly force to, and I quote, 'prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another'. I am within my right to ask you to stop cutting that person, lest I be forced to apply deadly force!"
>man is already sitting next to the bloodied corpse, knife on the ground, waiting for the police to arrive
"Thank goodness."
>>
>>34009687
>Police drive up
>immediate magdump on an obvious murderer lording his murder in front of some poor grieving woman.

Hope you live streamed it, otherwise you are fucked. Well, you are fucked anyways.
>>
>>34009402
>intervening in a domestic dispute of any kind ever at all.
Absolutely not. Only a complete fucking moron wouldnt turn 360 degrees and walk the fuck out of there.
>>
>>34009719
>Calling the cops
>Not removing all of the bullets in your magazine, completely disassembling your gun, and laying down face-first on the ground with your hands behind your back

Good one
>>
>>34009744
>360 degress
anon, have mercy with a poor autist
>>
>>34009402
D
O
N
T

Seriously, almost every story where somebody tries to intervene in a DV situation immediately turns into both of them attacking you for getting involved or the person you saved telling the police that you were the one hitting them and their boo din du nuffin. call the cops and walk away unless somebody is literally in the process of being murdered and/or there are multiple witnesses
>>
>>34009767
>unless somebody is in the process of getting murdered
Not even. They chose each other for a reason. Me > you and your problems. Call the police, maybe take a video, give good descriptions.
>>
>>34009761
l
u
r
k
m
o
a
r
>>
>>34009515
>gee I think I wanna get into this career to help my community
>yeah, being a cop is cool, I get a gun and everything and save people sometimes
>uh yeah, nah I'm not gonna risk my ass doing my job to save some bitch from some asshole, pfft, where's Dunkin Donuts at?

If you're too much of a faggot to do your fucking job, get a new one. Someone not willing to risk their life in such a profession where lives are depending on them doesn't belong. Go flip burgers or something. It's literally their fucking job to run towards the shit, not from it.
>>
>>34009402
>Would you ever intervene and rescue a damsel

fuuuck no.
>>
>>34009878
>It's literally their fucking job to run towards the shit
The Courts disagree. Their job is to enforce laws and maintain public peace not to break up fights in the homes of private citizens.
>>
These women are fucking adults. If they wanted to leave they would. Use your CCW firearm to defend yourself or your family. Holster that garbage for any other reason.
>>
>>34009926
The courts are retarded and compromised by usurpers and traitors. Their job is PROTECT AND SERVE via enforcing the law. Battery is a felony crime, now go stop it or find new employment.
>>
File: 1490603898000-k.jpg (73KB, 823x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490603898000-k.jpg
73KB, 823x960px
no i wont intervene because i hate women and seeing them beaten puts a smug smile on my face.

its not like rescuing them is even going to benefit you. even if they did somehow hook up with you afterwards theyre used goods and probably have issues to be dating someone abusive. And its far more likely they'll chimp out, scream "YOU KILLED MY BOYFRIEND, I LOVED HIM", and sue the everloving fuck out of you.

If its a man getting attacked I'm walking away because its a legal nightmare waiting to happen to use force against a roastie.

the only case in which i would use my weapon if I saw a DV incident would be to protect a child.
>>
>>34009402
Sounds like a waste of lawyer fees and possible prison time.
>>
File: 1490498260751.jpg (1MB, 1740x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1490498260751.jpg
1MB, 1740x3000px
Losers imagining defeating the big mean Chad to gain a woman's favor. You don't realize that women
1. Enjoy pain
2. Are resistant to pain

Men and women do not experience the world in he same way and what is dangerous/hostile for a man is not the same for a woman.

If you intervene, you are an idiot.
>>
>>34009402
Never get involved in a domestic. The bitch will ALWAYS turn on you and take up for her man. Let the police handle it.
>>
>>34009402
>domestic incident

One of a cop's biggest fears. Anything can go wrong, including both turning on the cop.

If I or anyone else is not in imminent danger, I'm standing back.
>>
I would put >>34009402 over my knee and spank.
>>
>>34009402
Absolutely not! Any cop who's ever responded to domestic calls knows that battered wives usually attack the men who are trying to rescue them. That shows you just how much gratitude women have.
>>
>>34009402
Social worker here. Having worked with many, many victims of domestic violence, I have a pretty strong opinion on this. More than once, a victim will mention having a gun or getting one to protect them from the abuser. This abuser may be their provider, their spouse, or a parent to one or more of their children. When the gun issue comes up, I give a little speech
>"You have a right to defend yourself. It's a dangerous world we live in, and I encourage people to prepare themselves. But we're not talking about some robber or burglar. We're talking about the father of your child. Are you absolutely, 100% prepared to pull a trigger and snuff out his life? Because if you can't, he WILL take it. So I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me straight. Are you God. Damn. Sure."
At this point, most back down, or mumble something like "No, I just want to scare him away."
Only one woman locked eyes and said without hesitation "Yes. He will not hurt me or mine again." I knew she was going to be okay.
>>
>>34010561
>man I sure love it when I get black eyes every week from Chad, gosh what a dreamboat, I hope he knocks my teeth out next
t. No woman ever
>>
>>34010079
At least your honest anon.
>>
>>34009402
What are you, some kind of pussy who can't into martial arts?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.