[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new sights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: terrible.jpg (13KB, 300x170px)
terrible.jpg
13KB, 300x170px
Hi /K/,

Well, last year I wanted a new Glock 17, and stumbled into one of those Vicker's brand Glocks. I figured it would be fine, and the few upgrades would be ok.

Well, the wilson sights are terrible. I like a fiber optic front with a straight black rear sight, but the notch is too big and curved at the bottom and I hate them. I was dropping 25 yard shots regularly at the range last week.

Anyway, I'm thinking about swapping over to Dawson Precision Charger sights. Same concept (fiber optic front, plain black rear), but a better and tighter rear sight notch.

Any other suggestions of sights to look at.

Serious shooters only please, mallninja's opinions not welcome.
>>
>>34007735
There's a lot of bullshit they throw on Glocks now. IMO it's best to buy a stock one and change what you don't like as you go.
>>
Buying new sights isn't going to make you a better shooter. The reason the rear notch is so wide is to make sure you're on target at 25yds and out. I've used Warren and WC sights with a wide U-Notch. The problem isn't the sights, it's you
>>
File: 1487538786724.gif (3MB, 346x342px) Image search: [Google]
1487538786724.gif
3MB, 346x342px
>>34007749
Ouch
>OP's fw
>>
>>34007735
You just suck at shooting. Bedazzling your sights won't change that.
>>
>>34007749

Yeah, no.

I clang steel at 25 regularly with a host of guns. This is the first time I've had an issue in years. The vickers glock is a back up for "ole trusty", a Gen2 with a set of hiviz I use at IDPA and USPSA. A spring broke mid match last year, so I went to buy a second 17 as a back up, and they happen to have a vickers.

The U-notch is my main culprit, but it could be something else. And, yeah, maybe I just need more practice with them...could be.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-HEJjSiOl4
>>
>>34007805
>Shoot with a set of sights for years
>Get new sights
>Probably with a different POA/POI than what I've been using
>Keep missing shots
>These sights suck!

No, yeah. It's you.
>>
>>34007820

First of all, thank you.

Secondly, I've taken a Proctor class, and these sights mesh up with his approach to sight acquisition. These are certainly a contender.
>>
>>34007747

Yeah, I was looking for a 3/4gen gun, hopefully used, and they happen to have the Vickers, so I decided to give it a shot. Partial impulse buy.
>>
>>34007735
Got these on my glock 26 carry, no complaints
>>
>>34007931

What brand?
>>
>>34007735
Be patient, there is a good chance that you just need to get used to the new sights.
>>
>>34007735
Honestly those sights are garbage for anything but close range SD style shooting.
>>
>>34007974

very much a possibility. I'll probably spend a little time with them this weekend before I make a decision.
>>
>>34008033

Yeah, that's what I think, but a few posters disagree.

When I see that Patmac, Mike Panonne, and Frank Proctor all avoid u-notch, it certainly makes me 2nd guess them.
>>
>>34008061

>When I see that Patmac, Mike Panonne, and Frank Proctor all avoid u-notch, it certainly makes me 2nd guess them.

2nd guess the sights, not those shooting gods
>>
>>34007958
Redback RB1
>>
>>34008114

Thank You.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.