[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prepper thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0792.jpg (32KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0792.jpg
32KB, 500x420px
I need help.

I want to make an inhouse bunker out of a walk-in safe like pic related.

I don't really need one, im just doing it because it's cool.

Basically, I just bought my first house and have a comfy salary & I want to spend a little for once.

I'm gonna put this in one side of my garage, for bugout purposes. (Literally doomsday prepped shit) I want to stock it with food, water, guns, and ammo (plus a little cash/gold).

What kind of guns should I have in my arsenal? I live in a suburb of a decently big city.
>>
>>34004171
... can you open it from the inside?
>>
>>34004171
>a big steel box
>exposed so you can drive a truck at it

>a big steel box
>hinges on the outside

>a big steel box
>with exposed ventilation

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>34004171
are you going to be building an army? you're not going to be able to feed them. i mean in a doomsday scenario you won't need firearms, most living creatures are going to be dead anyway. you will need healthy seeds, fertile earth, and clean water.
if you're going to prep with an arsenal, the best way would be to have 3 sets of the same 3 guns and enough ammunition and magazines to keep those 3 guns going for eternity. so a rifle/carbine, a shotgun, and a pistol and about 25k rounds a piece.
even this is overkill though. once someone sees that you are properly armed and well supplied, they'll raid you. and at some point, you won't be able to beat them back.
>>
Any self-respecting thief would break it open in under one minute with an angle grinder.

The best way to secure your valuables is to hide them. A big safe is just a billboard saying "Valuable stuff inside please openme "
>>
>>34004241
kek
>>34004274
kek
>>34004278
kek
>>34004293
kek
>>34004171
kek
>>
>>34004332
Why did you spell the third kek backwards?
>>
>>34004171
>Prepper t
Stopped reading there
>>
>>34004374
This board sucks.

Back to /pol/.
>>
>>34004562
Your idea is stupid.
>he's from /pol/
Oh, that explains it.

But if you must do the prepper thing, make a hidden bunker under the garage or yard. Lots of online how-to's on those.
>>
>>34004171
That looks like a mock up made of plywood painted black. To answer your question, a smaller and more obscure underground or otherwise concealed safe room would be better. DESU if you haven't planned for this since purchasing your home, you already fucked up. Here's what you do:

1. purchase at least a couple of acres somewhere in the country
2. contract heavy equipment to build a basement level
3. build the rest of the house on top, preferably an offgrid design

Look into passive solar earthships & 1k gallon HDPE cisterns. Solar design is great, but it has to be a tailored solution for your latitude and geographic zone. You're going to need soil, compost, etc. A responsible prepper makes a plan to keep civilization alive. You can't just live off MREs by yourself.

A good safe room would have 3-5 battle rifles, thousands of rounds of ammo, some steel protection, and comms equipment linking you to outside world. Preserved food keeps well at underground temps.
>>
>>34004618
Get some experience growing your own food, and if you live in a good community and trust your neighbors develop good relations with them and maybe have a community garden. DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE A PREPPER OR THAT YOU HAVE A STOCKPILE OF FOOD/WATER/RESOURCES. When SHTF, if you are on good terms with them and trust them, you will be able to keep the community alive post-disaster. Do not arm anyone but family members, though.
>>
>>34004630
For comms I recommend a VHF transceiver and some training. If you enjoy the hobby, invest in an HF set and build an antenna. Civilians will be using civilian freqs to rebuild, so you want to be able to listen to current events and communicate with other places. Really the training is the most important part.
>>
>>34004171
There are better options.
http://www.browning.com/products/gun-safes-and-pistol-vaults/vault-doors.html
>>
>>34004171
Nothing can possibly protect you like a house that looks empty. The more you spend on protecting your stockpile of shit, the more determined people will be to crack open your expensive safe and take that shit because you made it obvious that you have something valuable. No matter what guns you have in your arsenal, it won't matter. If 3 fuckwads with .22 pistols want to take your shit, and you're alone, they will take it because you lack the training to kill 3 people before they can shoot you.

If society collapses, you have 2 options: either try your very best to hide your existence from potential raiders, or develop essential skills that a growing new-world community will value enough to justify protecting you. Either one has the potential to keep you alive, while building a giant safe full of guns and freeze-dried food does not. Spend that money either on a cabin deep in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere, or on establishing yourself as an invaluable figure such as a large-scale farmer or a large radio operator.
>>
>>34004171

What you need is a secret basement. There is no such thing as a saferoom that is knowm. There is no amount of metal that can keep a person out: its just a matter of can they get in before they get caught.

But a secret basement/bunker/room is what will keep you safe
>>
>>34004171
>>34005180
If OP is still around and didnt get bootyblasted back to our cousin board, this anon is correct. Underground and unknown is where its at. Since you got the cash you need to start thinking more like this.
>>
>>34004171

dumb

instead get 1 of those shipping containers, bury it in the backyard or some nearby hill, build around that

ventilation access power concealment etc
>>
>>34004368
Yours is, too.
>>
File: IMG_4833.jpg (41KB, 836x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4833.jpg
41KB, 836x439px
>>34004171
Just build a fallout shelter underground hidden under a shed. In any situation besides nuclear war a big obvious bunker is pretty much useless.
>>34004917
I love how people just assume that literally everyone will try to kill you. If our society gets to that point there wont be enough people left to worry about. Local goverments and tribes will form and function just fine. Yes there will be bandits. There will also be guards, militias, and standing armies. If you live in a bunker and horde your shit while people starve during the forst fee years or act like a feral nigger and just steal shit they will not like you. Probbobly gang up to kill you. 90% of post collapse problems will be caused by ferals whose welfare was cut off. After they are done eating each other they will leave the big cities and try to eat everyone else. Just shoot them. Between that and having no idea how to live without everything from food to medicine to transportation being provided for them by others free of charge they will die off in less then a decade. But the idea of everyone just killing everyone else like in the walking dead or fallout is absolutely retarded. Look at real life. Look at Russia during the time of troubles or the civil war of 1917. Look at The Balkans. Look at Syria. Yes there is war after collapse. Yes everything is pretty shitty and there are massive food shortages. But the fighting is between factions not small groups and individuals. Individuals can not provide for themselves and maintain any level of technology or expertise in any trade or skill long term. Everythig they have will decline and fall apart. Meanwhile large groups will form and advance their own technology. Humans are selfish and want as much as they can get. The best way to do that is to have lots of people working together. Only an autistic manchild would attempt to singlehandedly preserve a dead civilization when he can just join the new one that already exists.
>>
>>34004618
>You can't just live off MREs by yourself.
Watch me
>>
>>34006894
Good way to make an oversized steel coffin
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.