[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapons of law enforcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Glock-19-9mm_main-1.jpg (120KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-19-9mm_main-1.jpg
120KB, 1000x1000px
Looking to get into law enforcement but never shot a gun before. Will graduate university in 4 years so I have time to train. Any recommended guns to start with? US preferred
>>
I thought police departments don't let officers choose their carry weapons.
>>
>>34003350
>US preferred
>Posts a Glock
>>
>>34003364
I'm asking what weapons does law enforcement usually use. Maybe I wasn't clear with the op post.
>>
>>34003350
Most departments in the USA will use a 9mm or .40 S&W autoloading pistol.

The most common ones in my experience are the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm/.40, the Glock 19, 17, 22, the Beretta 92, and PX4.
>>
>>34003373
thats why I'm asking. Am I wrong? What do they use?
>>
>>34003392
Every Dept varies. You'd have to ask them
>>
>>34003373

You can buy u.s. made glocks.
>>
>>34003396
Yea I suspected as much. I was just asking in general. I need to go on ride alongs anyway in college to pass so I can find out some good info there anyway.
>>
>>34003403
Still a non-US company
>>
>>34003452
I meant us law enforcement weaponry you smart ass
>>
>>34003474
If you're OP, you really fucked up your thought process on this one, huh?
>>
>>34003364
I think it depends. Big city departments don't. But I think I've heard LEOs on here from smaller Sheriff's Departments say that they could.
>>
>>34003499
I'm not even gonna ask what the fuck you mean with that. But you keep doing what you're doing and so will I
>>
>>34003350
glock
/thread....
>>
>>34003373
Glock is very risky available in USA.
>>
>>34003350
>Will graduate university in 4 years

Never gonna happen faggot.

Just drop out now and save yourself the debt and embarrassment.

Go enlist USAF aircraft maint. its the only thing you're good for.. keeping skilled combat trained warriors safe inside their barely functioning aircraft
>>
>>34003350

are y ou planing to be a detective or something? shouldn't a criminal justice major only be 2 years?
>>
>>34003396
This is correct.
>>
>>34003350
A normal full size duty pistol. Lots of department s use either .40 or 9mm. Most patrol cars have a "patrol rifle" and or a pump shotgun in 12 guage.
>>
>>34003658
bachelors can land me in a job like that yes, but I could go federal if I felt like it. FBI CIA stuff like that. DEA and Parole Officer is an option as well. DEA sounds interesting. In the end its all about comparisons. I have a better chance of being accepted than those who dont have a bachelors. Survival of the one with better papers.
>>
>>34003350
>>34004539
>Looking to get into law enforcement
>FBI CIA stuff like that. DEA and Parole Officer is an option as well. DEA sounds interesting
I hope you're a minority.
>>
>>34003364
most have an approved list that you can pick from that have the standard favorites
>glocks
>sigs
>M&Ps

some departments have a huge list to pick from, like the LAPD or Chicago, others like NYC or Boston give you 2-3 choices. generally outside of cities in counties you can pick practicality anything
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.