[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: O2991_left.png (145KB, 450x305px) Image search: [Google]
O2991_left.png
145KB, 450x305px
Colt 1911 1991 series for my first gun? I've been shooting my friend's for like seven years and I feel comfortable with it.

What does /k/ think?
>>
File: 45 necessary EDC.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
45 necessary EDC.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>34001675
>>
>>34001912
What movie
>>
>>34001675
>I've been shooting my friend's for like seven years
How do you still have friends?
>>
>>34001675
yes
>>
>>34001675
My first handgun was a ruger sr1911. I have now shot over 4k rounds through it and haven't had a single regret.
>>
File: 0413171321a.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0413171321a.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34001675
1911s are always a bit of a gamble.
No matter what brand you buy it may have problems, and if it does my recommendation is to send it to a good 1911 gunsmith to get it fixed.
So really unless you are buying a high end 1911 from a company with great customer service like dan wesson, ed brown, or wilson combat, just go with what you like the look and feel of.
Pic related, my stainless government model.
>>
>7 years
That's nice. I would buy something different after that long. There are a lot of pistols and people tend to cycle through them.
>>
>>34001928
Last Man Standing. Good for what it is, but you can tell the studio interfered and made it less than it could have been.
>>
>Colt 1911 1991 series for my first gun?

Great choice if you like 1911s. It has a good configuration (the so-called "improvements" found on many 1911s actually reduce reliability), a forged slide and frame, and a decent price. Don't let some tactifag try and saleman you into buying a Glock.
>>
>>34001675
A good choice to start with, although I'm not a fan of the Series 80 safety. When you upgrade to a better 1911 (it's going to happen), try to get a Series 70.
>>
>>34002672
Are you sure you haven't fallen for memes/fuddlore? Every single modern handgun design has a firing pin block and doesn't have any problems caused by the firing pin block; why is it that people somehow think that putting one in a 1911 magically makes the gun less reliable?
>>
>>34003001
I think the issue for most people is the effect it has on the trigger.
>>
>>34001675
The new rollmarks are so goddamn nice now over the old 1991s
I got mine for like 500ish$ shipped and ffl thanks to a 100 bux rebate from colt and a Buds sale at the same time a couple years ago.
Been great. Only had a bit of safety stiffness that went away. Added a metal colt oe arched mainspring housing to match the long trigger and my big hands
>>
>>34003109
That 1/64" travel difference is such a turn off
>>
>>34001675
Yup, excellent choice. Make sure you don't get an idiot scratch on it. If the series 80 safety bothers you, it can be deleted. Or you could just not give a fuck, since you won't notice a difference on a stock Colt. It just makes it harder for a novice gunsmith to do a trigger job, is all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.